Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yanks don't seem so bad. 19:27 - Jul 25 with 10341 viewsjackrmee

Cue the down arrows and hate haha.

Reason I say this is because of the Birch appointment, the way they've given him almost total control to enable him to build a, quite frankly, highly exciting backroom team and potential for our club.

OK, player signings have been slow and last years clearout was harsh, but it really seems like we are moving forward now.

I am extremely happy with the non playing staff we have acquired this year and although we are only looking at loans or free transfers in this transfer window, these non players are definitely not free or cheap. They are a mix of young and hungry, and experienced and knowledgeable.

We are most definitely moving forward.

The words of our new head of recruitment shows that he is looking to be here for a while to come and I think he may just be the dogs bollocks (even though I didn't really know his background before).
If anyone is not chuffed with this article, they must be already dead (or a Cardiff fan) https://www.swanseacity.com/news/andy-scott-hopes-further-swansea-city-additions

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 12:27 - Jul 27 with 1670 viewsLuther27

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 08:14 - Jul 27 by waynekerr55

Take Norwich for example - I remember one discussion on here that they had something like 20+ corporate partners. They too are located in the back of beyond, its miles away.

Not surprising as they have Ed Balls and Dehlia on board.
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 13:10 - Jul 27 with 1627 viewswaynekerr55

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 10:52 - Jul 27 by Badlands

You've heard the same thing many times over but the same unfounded speculation keeps being trotted out.
Jenkins etc. made the most of what they had and I'm not blaming them for that. For all the holier than thou crud spouted about them selling out I believe you'd have to look far and wide for a Swans fan who would not have taken the cash.
I think the Trust acted amateurishly and have expended a lot of hot air moaning about being left out of a sale they weren't gong to participate in and did know about.
Had the sellers hung on for the Trust to get their act together we'd already be bankrupt.
The only problem I have is the Americans trusted the previous administration far to long.

Unfounded speculation?

Do expand...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 17:57 - Jul 27 with 1579 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 12:27 - Jul 27 by Luther27

Not surprising as they have Ed Balls and Dehlia on board.

Dehlia? My my my

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 18:03 - Jul 27 with 1567 viewsLuther27

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 17:57 - Jul 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Dehlia? My my my

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 18:04 - Jul 27 with 1566 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 18:03 - Jul 27 by Luther27

Well, someone had to do it. Tap in

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 18:05 - Jul 27 with 1559 viewsmonmouth

You've heard the same thing many times over but the same unfounded speculation keeps being trotted out.
Jenkins etc. made the most of what they had and I'm not blaming them for that. For all the holier than thou crud spouted about them selling out I believe you'd have to look far and wide for a Swans fan who would not have taken the cash.
I think the Trust acted amateurishly and have expended a lot of hot air moaning about being left out of a sale they weren't gong to participate in and did know about.
Had the sellers hung on for the Trust to get their act together we'd already be bankrupt.
The only problem I have is the Americans trusted the previous administration far to long.

Bankrupt? How much money did the Americans put into the club again?

And how much into Jenkins and Dineens already well stuffed pockets that the club saw not a penny of.

Or are you saying that Jenkins was creaming off over half a million a year from a virtually bankrupt club?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 18:53 - Jul 27 with 1538 viewsDafyddHuw

Just ask yourselves one question - why are the Yanks here?
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 19:32 - Jul 27 with 1514 viewsmonmouth

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 18:53 - Jul 27 by DafyddHuw

Same as what the previous ‘fans’ owners were here for of course, and 99.99% of owners. At least the yanks aren’t lying about it and pretending they aren’t just lumps of shit in suits, unlike the previous rabble.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 19:48 - Jul 27 with 1486 viewsGlyn1

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 18:53 - Jul 27 by DafyddHuw

Easy question, they're businessmen with no connection to Swansea here to make a profit, and there's no shame in that.

The crucial question is whether they are going to do it by asset stripping the club, or by strengthening it and then selling it for a profit.

So far, apart from shafting the Trust, they've been responsible owners.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 20:54 - Jul 27 with 1443 viewsDr_Winston

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 19:32 - Jul 27 by monmouth

Same as what the previous ‘fans’ owners were here for of course, and 99.99% of owners. At least the yanks aren’t lying about it and pretending they aren’t just lumps of shit in suits, unlike the previous rabble.

Still people think they're being somehow perceptive by stating that they're here to make a profit. No sh*t Sherlock.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 21:16 - Jul 27 with 1418 viewsUxbridge

And yet we have Levien on the record stating he was told by the sellouts to exclude the Trust.

The apologists can pretend otherwise all you want, but the facts are out there.

As for the idea that we'd be bankrupt without the yanks, utter bunkum. There's been no cash injection. Unless you're implying that Jenkins et al would have run the club into the ground?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 21:23 - Jul 27 with 1395 viewsswancity

I can smell something ... bullshyte

Hopefully the truth will emerge in Court. It’s not a good idea to tell lies in Court see....

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 21:47 - Jul 27 with 1367 viewswaynekerr55

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 21:16 - Jul 27 by Uxbridge

And yet we have Levien on the record stating he was told by the sellouts to exclude the Trust.

The apologists can pretend otherwise all you want, but the facts are out there.

As for the idea that we'd be bankrupt without the yanks, utter bunkum. There's been no cash injection. Unless you're implying that Jenkins et al would have run the club into the ground?

Shall we play a guessing game of who badlands is, is friends with or is related to.

My guess is it's a Dineen

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:31 - Jul 27 with 1335 viewsUxbridge

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 21:47 - Jul 27 by waynekerr55

Shall we play a guessing game of who badlands is, is friends with or is related to.

Don't know. Don't particularly care. If it was, it'd be a bit sad. Just be up front about who you are, I'm sure you'd get more respect.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:32 - Jul 27 with 1328 viewsDarran

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 21:47 - Jul 27 by waynekerr55

I don’t think it’s a Dineen.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:36 - Jul 27 with 1316 viewsFireboy2

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:31 - Jul 27 by Uxbridge

Don't know. Don't particularly care. If it was, it'd be a bit sad. Just be up front about who you are, I'm sure you'd get more respect.

Or more abuse.

Fvcking lots and lots of it
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 09:45 - Jul 28 with 1211 viewswaynekerr55

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:32 - Jul 27 by Darran

I don’t think it’s a Dineen.

As I said it's a guess. The writing does seem to match the house style of said person's Tweets

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 09:52 - Jul 28 with 1201 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 09:45 - Jul 28 by waynekerr55

As I said it's a guess. The writing does seem to match the house style of said person's Tweets

Fancy trying to smooth over all tat sh*t to be in with the fans again lol. As if any of us will forget what those clowns did in the last years of this reign. Would love Birch and co to outdo them and take us back up in spite of our difficulties. They would slide into obscurity for once and for all then.

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 15:37 - Jul 28 with 1127 viewsjack247

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 10:21 - Jul 26 by Brynmill_Jack

We are where we are. They don’t really give a sh*t about us but they are trying to make us a saleable assent again. That isn’t bad news.
They’re guilty of oversight dereliction with regards to Huw’s disastrous spending but they’re trying to make things right again. What else do you want them to do?
They could loan us money at 7% interest and foreclose when we can’t pay it back (the last thing I or any of us should want). Come on, you’re one of the sensible ones on here mun!

‘We are where we are’ is exactly the kind of thing I mean.

If 3 years ago, we’d been told we had new owners coming in who would go through 5 managers, one of them being Bob Bradley, none of them being Brendan Rodgers, despite him wanting the job at one point, one relegation, a financial meltdown/firesale, selling and not replacing our best young player with McBurnie still in the balance, even Badlands would have been up in arms.

Now they’ve made a very good appointment in Birch (to be fair Potter was another and Cooper will hopefully turn out the same way) and further distanced themselves from the club, there seems to be a groundswell of opinion that they aren’t bad owners after all.

Stockholm syndrome.
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 15:44 - Jul 28 with 1120 viewsjasper_T

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 15:37 - Jul 28 by jack247

If 3 years ago, we’d been told we had new owners coming in who would go through 5 managers, one of them being Bob Bradley, none of them being Brendan Rodgers, despite him wanting the job at one point, one relegation, a financial meltdown/firesale, selling and not replacing our best young player with McBurnie still in the balance, even Badlands would have been up in arms.

Now they’ve made a very good appointment in Birch (to be fair Potter was another and Cooper will hopefully turn out the same way) and further distanced themselves from the club, there seems to be a groundswell of opinion that they aren’t bad owners after all.

Stockholm syndrome.

If 3 years ago we'd been told that Huw would still have a big hand in things as chairman through almost all that period would the response be different do you think?
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 15:50 - Jul 28 with 1112 viewsjack247

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 15:44 - Jul 28 by jasper_T

If 3 years ago we'd been told that Huw would still have a big hand in things as chairman through almost all that period would the response be different do you think?

Jenkins wouldn’t have lasted anywhere near 3 years under competent owners.
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 16:50 - Jul 28 with 1054 viewsBadlands

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 15:37 - Jul 28 by jack247

Stockholm syndrome.

I was up in arms ... at the appointment of Laudrup - the writing was on the wall then
I was up in arms ... at the sacking of Guidolin.
But that was down to Jenkins desperately throwing money at a problems he and Monk developed.
As was 'financial meltdown' which was a by product of 2014 -6
I was up in arms that it took thee more managers before we appointed Potter who, because I have friends in Sweden and our connections with Östersunds, was well aware of for at least three seasons before his more.
I was up in arms that Mawson was being played instead of Van der Hoorn.
Not fussed about Rogers as I'm not sure how much of that was true - I think it was to put pressure on other clubs who had been trying to negotiate a cheap contract.
I wouldn't call selling very expensive and not particularly good players a fire sale. The players who were PL quality were going, unfortunately we didn't have Birch to play a little hardball - but again we don't know the contracts
Relegation. Not wanted but it's part of being a small club. I loved watching the Swans in the PL until Monk took over and I loved watching the Swans in old 4th Division. We are now very much in the same position as when Roberto left! A little better as he dropped us in it and he took our 20 goal a season goalscorer. In terms of league finishes we have only ever been higher in 17 seasons (2 were relegation seasons).
We will, like almost every club on the planet sell our bette players especially when they are being offered significantly more money and opportunities to at a higher level.

There is no groundswell of opinion that they aren't that bad it's the noise coming from those who claimed they were that bad has reduced as the conspiracies have been proven wrong.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 16:53 - Jul 28 with 1049 viewsmagicdaps10

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 16:50 - Jul 28 by Badlands

I was up in arms ... at the appointment of Laudrup - the writing was on the wall then
I was up in arms ... at the sacking of Guidolin.
But that was down to Jenkins desperately throwing money at a problems he and Monk developed.
As was 'financial meltdown' which was a by product of 2014 -6
I was up in arms that it took thee more managers before we appointed Potter who, because I have friends in Sweden and our connections with Östersunds, was well aware of for at least three seasons before his more.
I was up in arms that Mawson was being played instead of Van der Hoorn.
Not fussed about Rogers as I'm not sure how much of that was true - I think it was to put pressure on other clubs who had been trying to negotiate a cheap contract.
I wouldn't call selling very expensive and not particularly good players a fire sale. The players who were PL quality were going, unfortunately we didn't have Birch to play a little hardball - but again we don't know the contracts
Relegation. Not wanted but it's part of being a small club. I loved watching the Swans in the PL until Monk took over and I loved watching the Swans in old 4th Division. We are now very much in the same position as when Roberto left! A little better as he dropped us in it and he took our 20 goal a season goalscorer. In terms of league finishes we have only ever been higher in 17 seasons (2 were relegation seasons).
We will, like almost every club on the planet sell our bette players especially when they are being offered significantly more money and opportunities to at a higher level.

There is no groundswell of opinion that they aren't that bad it's the noise coming from those who claimed they were that bad has reduced as the conspiracies have been proven wrong.

Have you posted on this site using other usernames before?

You remind me of a former poster.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 17:03 - Jul 28 with 1037 viewsBadlands

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 16:53 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

Have you posted on this site using other usernames before?

You remind me of a former poster.

No
On another site.
But I did move because there seemed to be quite a few posters with similar views on this one.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 17:04]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 18:32 - Jul 28 with 985 viewsJJJack

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 09:00 - Jul 26 by jack247

Jesus. This thread is the football equivalent of Stockholm syndrome.

Innit. A bit of sunshine and a few pre season wins and most of our fans start losing the plot. The Yanks are utter, utter kants and have achieved the near impossible of making me fall out of love with Swansea City FC. Many of my friends feel the same.

Jesus , people are blind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024