Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salt and Vinegar crisps.... 01:16 - Jul 26 with 4132 viewsBrynCartwright

...do not taste as good as when I was a kid 40 years ago. Only Walkers seem to have anything like the old style S'n'V taste. There seems to be a new, cheap, insidiously evil Salt and Vinegar seasoning that is just really unsatisfying on all brands. It just tastes naff. Governmental nanny state at work?

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Salt and Vinegar crisps.... on 18:24 - Jul 31 with 526 viewsWarwickHunt

Salt and Vinegar crisps.... on 17:20 - Jul 31 by ItchySphincter

When I lived in London it was only chilli sauce on kebabs (chi sauce salat wid dat?). Never experienced mint sauce or, god forbid - coleslaw, on a kebab until I moved back to Wales. Mint on Indian is okay though.

Used to be a cracking kebab shop (the doners were infused with mint - lambtastic!) next to the Latchmere in Battersea, run by a fella from Carmarthen and a bit of an exiles pub back in the day - Dave Edmunds was a regular.

Kebab Kid does great shawarmas - just don’t call it a doner, they go fûckin’ nuts. 😂😂😂
Salt and Vinegar crisps.... on 18:50 - Jul 31 with 495 viewslondonlisa2001

Salt and Vinegar crisps.... on 17:22 - Jul 31 by JackSomething

You're in the States yeah? It's been a few years, but a big bag of Lay's Salt and Vinegar used to be heaven. How strong the bag is can vary, but some would sting your mouth before you'd even made a dent in the bag.

Lays and Walkers are owned by the same people. Same crisps mostly.

Both part of Pepsi.
Salt and Vinegar crisps.... on 20:41 - Jul 31 with 461 viewsJackSomething

Salt and Vinegar crisps.... on 18:50 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

Lays and Walkers are owned by the same people. Same crisps mostly.

Both part of Pepsi.

I was going to mention that in my post. Think they sell as Lays rather than Walkers almost everywhere except the UK, although I may be wrong. Didn't know they were part of Pepsi. Almost every food and drink brand seems to be owned by the likes of Unilever or Nestle these days.

They definitely make them differently over there though, a good pack of Lays will have way more salt and vinegar flavour than the average Walkers bag. That's the way it used to be, hope it hasn't changed. My 'rents will be over there later this year, will get them to check. My Mother will need no excuse, she loves salt and vinegar crisps more than me!

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Salt and Vinegar crisps.... on 11:28 - Aug 1 with 416 viewsBanosswan

Salt and Vinegar crisps.... on 20:41 - Jul 31 by JackSomething

I was going to mention that in my post. Think they sell as Lays rather than Walkers almost everywhere except the UK, although I may be wrong. Didn't know they were part of Pepsi. Almost every food and drink brand seems to be owned by the likes of Unilever or Nestle these days.

They definitely make them differently over there though, a good pack of Lays will have way more salt and vinegar flavour than the average Walkers bag. That's the way it used to be, hope it hasn't changed. My 'rents will be over there later this year, will get them to check. My Mother will need no excuse, she loves salt and vinegar crisps more than me!

I'm in Florida in Sept, shall perform extensive research.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Salt and Vinegar crisps.... on 11:48 - Aug 1 with 409 viewsEbo

Salt and Vinegar crisps.... on 18:24 - Jul 31 by WarwickHunt

Used to be a cracking kebab shop (the doners were infused with mint - lambtastic!) next to the Latchmere in Battersea, run by a fella from Carmarthen and a bit of an exiles pub back in the day - Dave Edmunds was a regular.

Kebab Kid does great shawarmas - just don’t call it a doner, they go fûckin’ nuts. 😂😂😂

When kebabs first started to appear in the valleys they were always doused in mint and a ton of salt. Great after a shedfull but the next day your mouth would feel like there was a dead rat living inside it.

I always opt for Shish kebab and when abroad I have to get a Gyros with Tzatziki.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024