Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In what league position will the Swans finish 16:24 - Jul 26 with 3323 viewsswancity

the 2019/20 season ?

What will be viewed as a successful season ?

I’ll go for 17th. Never in danger of relegation.

Any where outside of the bottom 6/7 clubs will be job done without players like James especially and Fer etc

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:26 - Jul 26 with 1940 viewsandypitt56

8th for me. I think there are good foundations to push on.

Anything mid table and up would be a good season IMO.
In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:30 - Jul 26 with 1925 viewsswancity

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:26 - Jul 26 by andypitt56

8th for me. I think there are good foundations to push on.

Anything mid table and up would be a good season IMO.

Virtually no chance of the current squad finishing 8th imo

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:34 - Jul 26 with 1912 viewsMrSwerve

Blimey if you're going to troll, at least try to make it less obvious.

7th or 8th for me. Just outside the playoffs. I feel more positive than last year. For what it's worth, I said we'd finish 10th last year and we did.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:46 - Jul 26 with 1892 viewsswancity

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:34 - Jul 26 by MrSwerve

Blimey if you're going to troll, at least try to make it less obvious.

7th or 8th for me. Just outside the playoffs. I feel more positive than last year. For what it's worth, I said we'd finish 10th last year and we did.

Blimey you seem to be getting carried away by pre season wins against lower league opponents and non league Yeovil

Disregard those results in the same way that a heavy defeat this Saturday will have no bearing

I hope you’re right ...

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:50 - Jul 26 with 1883 viewspikeypaul

Deeper in debt.

Even after th yank coonts have sold anything that will earn them a buck.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:52 - Jul 26 with 1882 viewssainthelens

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:46 - Jul 26 by swancity

Blimey you seem to be getting carried away by pre season wins against lower league opponents and non league Yeovil

Disregard those results in the same way that a heavy defeat this Saturday will have no bearing

I hope you’re right ...

14th/15th.
Gonna be a struggle but will scrape away from relegation.
In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:58 - Jul 26 with 1866 viewsJBT95

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:52 - Jul 26 by sainthelens

14th/15th.
Gonna be a struggle but will scrape away from relegation.

Why would we struggle?

ATM it's the same side from last year minus James, who wasn't even player of the season.

Talk about negativity.

The teams coming down are dogsh1t too, not like for example Newcastle.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 17:00]
In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:10 - Jul 26 with 1836 viewsHighjack

If we can sort out the silly nonsense goals conceded from set pieces we will do really well. If not then mid table obscurity.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:13 - Jul 26 with 1827 viewsbermudajack

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:58 - Jul 26 by JBT95

Why would we struggle?

ATM it's the same side from last year minus James, who wasn't even player of the season.

Talk about negativity.

First season for our new manager, he has a lot to learn about Championship football. Depends who leaves us last minute, as selling some of our best players last minute seems to be a more common trait in recent years...
If the squad stays as it is with a couple of loan acquisitions then 8th - 12th
Lose Macburnie, Grimes or Roberts last minute then 13th - 18th
The sad reality is an investment of £20M - £30M would easily put us in the top 6
I’ll go for 8th 👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:15 - Jul 26 with 1823 viewssainthelens

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:58 - Jul 26 by JBT95

Why would we struggle?

Talk about negativity.

Not negative pal, just an opinion. Seen it all last 40 yrs, think it's realistic that we will slowly rebuild.
In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:25 - Jul 26 with 1793 viewsJacket

In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:15 - Jul 26 by sainthelens

Not negative pal, just an opinion. Seen it all last 40 yrs, think it's realistic that we will slowly rebuild.

What an inane thread. You've been following for 40 years and still think such a brain-dead discussion is worth entering into when we don't even know who'll be in the squad?! Jesus whept!
In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:26 - Jul 26 with 1786 viewsHighjack

In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:13 - Jul 26 by bermudajack

First season for our new manager, he has a lot to learn about Championship football. Depends who leaves us last minute, as selling some of our best players last minute seems to be a more common trait in recent years...
The sad reality is an investment of £20M - £30M would easily put us in the top 6
I’ll go for 8th 👍

£30 million investment in the championship?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:32 - Jul 26 with 1777 viewsjasper_T

5th.
In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:32 - Jul 26 with 1776 viewsjasper_T

In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:26 - Jul 26 by Highjack

£30 million investment in the championship?

Bonkers what some people expect, isn't it.
In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:34 - Jul 26 with 1773 viewsProfessor

I am going to be optimistic and say 5th. Don’t know why
In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:37 - Jul 26 with 1763 viewsKGriz16

3rd.
In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:47 - Jul 26 with 1741 viewsJBT95

In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:13 - Jul 26 by bermudajack

I’ll go for 8th 👍

The same could've been said of Potter.
In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:51 - Jul 26 with 1730 viewsSwanseaman

In what league position will the Swans finish on 16:46 - Jul 26 by swancity

I hope you’re right ...

✵

that's true, winning all our pre-season games or losing all of them, doesn't show how well we will do in the championship.

but, the performance of the players, the tactics, the way they are playing. plus what players have gone, and who have we brought in, that can give an indication.

✵

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:56 - Jul 26 with 1722 viewsandrew

In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:51 - Jul 26 by Swanseaman

✵

that's true, winning all our pre-season games or losing all of them, doesn't show how well we will do in the championship.

but, the performance of the players, the tactics, the way they are playing. plus what players have gone, and who have we brought in, that can give an indication.

✵

Promotion, Uppa Birch.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

In what league position will the Swans finish on 18:16 - Jul 26 with 1687 viewssainthelens

In what league position will the Swans finish on 17:25 - Jul 26 by Jacket

What an inane thread. You've been following for 40 years and still think such a brain-dead discussion is worth entering into when we don't even know who'll be in the squad?! Jesus whept!

Yet you have chosen to comment. And there is no H in wept.
In what league position will the Swans finish on 18:21 - Jul 26 with 1669 viewsNeath_Jack

Play offs.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

In what league position will the Swans finish on 18:27 - Jul 26 with 1657 viewsSwanseaman

✵

can't really guess until after the 8th of august. it depends if we lose key players or not, also tomorrow's game may show some flaws .

for now i'll be optimistic and say: if we consistently play as we have been, also if we can become better defensively, with the players we have at the moment, the play offs are a possibility and couldn't rule out a chance of automatic.

✵

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

In what league position will the Swans finish on 18:37 - Jul 26 with 1625 viewsDippy

I don't know, it all depends on how we cope with set pieces.. I'll say 10th again

Poll: Cooper Out

In what league position will the Swans finish on 18:55 - Jul 26 with 1584 viewsThornburyswan

Top 6 would be fantastic & definitely a big over achievement by Cooper & the squad, top half would be a decent solid season with 12th - 17th most likely I suspect - if I had to predict now around 14th.

Anything below 17th/18th would be disappointing with relegation clearly a disaster & big step backwards - if we can keep the current squad (minus Ayew, Montero & Carrol for me) & add a couple more loans (ideally striker & wideman) then I'd uplift that prediction to 8th/9th.
In what league position will the Swans finish on 19:06 - Jul 26 with 1568 viewsMrSwerve

In what league position will the Swans finish on 18:21 - Jul 26 by Neath_Jack

Play offs.

I think the playoffs is very realistic. Depending on who we end up with in the squad, obviously.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 19:07]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024