Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli McBurnie 10:31 - Jul 27 with 50335 viewsjackharris

There has been talk this morning that a 18 million bid has been accepted from Sheffield United? I wonder how true this is? Is anyone able to shed some light. We will see at 2pm today when the team sheet is published.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Oli McBurnie on 21:17 - Jul 29 with 1647 viewsjackrmee

Oli McBurnie on 11:22 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

£20m?

Birch earning his money. Thank fûck the idiot Jenkins isn’t still in charge.

I read somewhere that Bradford will get £3m. If that's the case, I'd hold out for £23m.
Really be devastated to see him go. I rate him our best and most important player.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Oli McBurnie on 21:18 - Jul 29 with 1640 viewsthornabyswan

Oli McBurnie on 20:09 - Jul 29 by ItchySphincter

...profit not fee.

Mcburnie tweeted a couple of weeks ago that there was no sell on fee.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Oli McBurnie on 21:19 - Jul 29 with 1632 viewsjackrmee

Oli McBurnie on 11:40 - Jul 29 by jasper_T

Not sure about that myself. Scotland fans wouldn't pay £20 for him on his performances for the national side.

He might take to Wilder's all-action overlapping 3-5-2 system though. Seems best possible fit among PL sides in terms of how he tries to play.

I agree. If you can find a system which compliments his play, he will be mint. He's our best player and we can't even seem to fit him in correctly. So so underrated IMO.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Oli McBurnie on 21:20 - Jul 29 with 1613 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 21:09 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

He was.

Both wrong.

Never wanted the Leeds move. Things obviously changed when he was actually up there with us wanting to cash in.

It’s not just going up there, a whole host of other things were already sorted before we inexplicably made a U turn on the deal. His situation changed with us after that. He never originally wanted the Leeds move.
Oli McBurnie on 21:21 - Jul 29 with 1601 viewsLuther27

Oli McBurnie on 21:17 - Jul 29 by jackrmee

I read somewhere that Bradford will get £3m. If that's the case, I'd hold out for £23m.
Really be devastated to see him go. I rate him our best and most important player.

I'm sure there's a 24 goal a season player dying to join us within the next 8 days or so if Ollie goes...isn't there?
Oli McBurnie on 21:24 - Jul 29 with 1561 viewsFlashberryjack

Oli McBurnie on 21:21 - Jul 29 by Luther27

I'm sure there's a 24 goal a season player dying to join us within the next 8 days or so if Ollie goes...isn't there?

Of course there is.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Oli McBurnie on 21:27 - Jul 29 with 1519 viewsDafyddHuw

Oli McBurnie on 20:55 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

Anyone who has the slightest knowledge of football knew that Leeds were pulling our pants down with that deal. His performances after the deal fell through obviously were always going to prove that.

Oh there’s evidence he wished to remain a Swansea player. Plenty of it.

"Oh there’s evidence he wished to remain a Swansea player. Plenty of it"

OK then, back up your words. Post some links to all this "plenty of evidence"
Cos all we're getting from you are your opinions, which you're passing off as facts.

So go on then, point out where we can find this "plenty of evidence".
Oli McBurnie on 21:27 - Jul 29 with 1514 viewsexiledclaseboy

Oli McBurnie on 21:20 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

Both wrong.

Never wanted the Leeds move. Things obviously changed when he was actually up there with us wanting to cash in.

It’s not just going up there, a whole host of other things were already sorted before we inexplicably made a U turn on the deal. His situation changed with us after that. He never originally wanted the Leeds move.

Well that ain’t what I heard but there’s no point arguing over which version of events is the right one. He’s long gone now.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Oli McBurnie on 21:29 - Jul 29 with 1490 viewsskettyparkherbert

Oli McBurnie on 21:21 - Jul 29 by Luther27

We had 2 or 3 a couple of years ago. Bony,A Ayew 2nd time round and and Borja.

Best part of £60m wasted, plus stupid wages too, crazy, lazy arrogant recruitment by HJ.
Oli McBurnie on 21:30 - Jul 29 with 1478 viewsjackrmee

Oli McBurnie on 14:54 - Jul 29 by andypitt56

They have reinvested in the past. Its just they reinvested in a load of crap. as previously mentioned we signed Celina for 4M last season and signed a few others. I have no doubt that they will sign replacements, whether they are any good is another thing!

I agree. I'm sure they would either reinvest, or keep Borja as the number 9.
I'm Oli's biggest fan, but £23m and I'd have to consider it.
He doesn't fit perfectly in our side. Borja probably a better number 9 and Celina a better number 10. It may be best for Oli at another club where he can play upfront in a pair.

I'd love to keep Oli. but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Borja upfront this year with some reinvestment in a young, hungry, promising backup striker who may be able to step up when Borja goes in January. If he's not good enough by January, hopfully Scott would have found a decent replacement by then. And we will hae some money to spend with the Oli cash and the saving from Borja's wages.

That's how I reckon it will go and I'd be reasonably happy with that TBH

Oli McBurnie on 21:32 - Jul 29 with 1449 viewsLuther27

Oli McBurnie on 21:29 - Jul 29 by skettyparkherbert

We had 2 or 3 a couple of years ago. Bony,A Ayew 2nd time round and and Borja.

Best part of £60m wasted, plus stupid wages too, crazy, lazy arrogant recruitment by HJ.

My point is who or where is the replacement if Ollie goes?
Oli McBurnie on 21:35 - Jul 29 with 1403 viewsLuther27

Oli McBurnie on 21:30 - Jul 29 by jackrmee

I agree. I'm sure they would either reinvest, or keep Borja as the number 9.
I'm Oli's biggest fan, but £23m and I'd have to consider it.
He doesn't fit perfectly in our side. Borja probably a better number 9 and Celina a better number 10. It may be best for Oli at another club where he can play upfront in a pair.

I'd love to keep Oli. but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Borja upfront this year with some reinvestment in a young, hungry, promising backup striker who may be able to step up when Borja goes in January. If he's not good enough by January, hopfully Scott would have found a decent replacement by then. And we will hae some money to spend with the Oli cash and the saving from Borja's wages.

That's how I reckon it will go and I'd be reasonably happy with that TBH

Really? Tell you what I hope you're happy to buy another season ticket because if that's the outcome I'm not renewing mine.
Oli McBurnie on 21:37 - Jul 29 with 1379 viewslondonlisa2001

Both wrong.

Again, let’s agree to disagree.

He’s gone. Good luck to him.
Oli McBurnie on 21:38 - Jul 29 with 1368 viewsskettyparkherbert

Oli McBurnie on 21:32 - Jul 29 by Luther27

I get your point Luther, but it's just so fecking typical of the Swans to leave it all so late again.

It's going to be Borja up top with CBR on the bench, no other options really "when" Oli goes.
Oli McBurnie on 21:41 - Jul 29 with 1331 viewsjackrmee

Oli McBurnie on 19:09 - Jul 29 by NeathJack

Don't think anyone was saying that about McBurnie given he'd done so well at Barnsley in the Championship in the second half of the previous season.

Oh they were

Oli McBurnie on 21:45 - Jul 29 with 1275 viewsGaz_M

Oli McBurnie on 21:09 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

He was.

No he wasn't.

You're either a liar or clueless.

Either way you are factually incorrect.
Oli McBurnie on 21:46 - Jul 29 with 1243 viewsLuther27

Oli McBurnie on 21:38 - Jul 29 by skettyparkherbert

I get your point Luther, but it's just so fecking typical of the Swans to leave it all so late again.

It's going to be Borja up top with CBR on the bench, no other options really "when" Oli goes.

Got a bee in my bonnet about this. Didn't Birch say that BJ, Montero and both Ayews had to go? Didn't he also say we don't need to sell, and that we could absorbed the costs if they didn't go? Only Jordan has gone so far. So...is the presumed sale of Ollie to subsidise the other three staying....or if they have their way will we be fighting to stay in the Championship with a young untried loanee to back up CBR if they manage to shift all of the above?
Oli McBurnie on 21:47 - Jul 29 with 1239 viewsjackrmee

Oli McBurnie on 21:32 - Jul 29 by Luther27

Borja

Oli McBurnie on 21:47 - Jul 29 with 1232 viewsDarran

Both wrong.

Lisa’s never wrong.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Oli McBurnie on 21:48 - Jul 29 with 1219 viewsLuther27

Oli McBurnie on 21:47 - Jul 29 by jackrmee

Borja

See above post regarding Birch
Oli McBurnie on 21:50 - Jul 29 with 1198 viewsjackrmee

Oli McBurnie on 21:46 - Jul 29 by Luther27

Got a bee in my bonnet about this. Didn't Birch say that BJ, Montero and both Ayews had to go? Didn't he also say we don't need to sell, and that we could absorbed the costs if they didn't go? Only Jordan has gone so far. So...is the presumed sale of Ollie to subsidise the other three staying....or if they have their way will we be fighting to stay in the Championship with a young untried loanee to back up CBR if they manage to shift all of the above?

I get your point, but even if we were stinking rich, £20m for Oli and they are going to consider it. Any club our size would.

Oli McBurnie on 21:51 - Jul 29 with 1189 viewsjackrmee

Oli McBurnie on 21:48 - Jul 29 by Luther27

See above post regarding Birch

Yes, but selling Oli makes the situation differnt for Borja, ANd the club

Oli McBurnie on 21:51 - Jul 29 with 1188 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 21:45 - Jul 29 by Gaz_M

No he wasn't.

You're either a liar or clueless.

Either way you are factually incorrect.

Or maybe, just maybe, there are different sides to a story depending on who is telling it? I have heard differently to you perhaps. Doesn’t make me a liar.

There’s really no need to be unpleasant. I wish the boy well.

It’s a bloody good job he didn’t go to Leeds anyway, as we’d have received £1.5m for the loan, nothing for the sale, and we wouldn’t have got anywhere near £15m for him this summer. Although he would have signed a new contract perhaps...
Oli McBurnie on 21:52 - Jul 29 with 1161 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 21:47 - Jul 29 by Darran

Lisa’s never wrong.

And Clasie?

Or is he not on your bully list?

Desperate.
Oli McBurnie on 21:54 - Jul 29 with 1145 viewsLuther27

Oli McBurnie on 21:50 - Jul 29 by jackrmee

I get your point, but even if we were stinking rich, £20m for Oli and they are going to consider it. Any club our size would.

If they take the cash that wouldn't surprise me in the least. As for Borja...he's a 10 not a 9... that's why his career with us went South. Watching him and OB last Saturday showed what we could achieve in this division IF we keep both. We will probably move both on....which is disappointing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024