Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli McBurnie 10:31 - Jul 27 with 51129 viewsjackharris

There has been talk this morning that a 18 million bid has been accepted from Sheffield United? I wonder how true this is? Is anyone able to shed some light. We will see at 2pm today when the team sheet is published.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Oli McBurnie on 11:45 - Jul 31 with 2059 viewshammy

Oli McBurnie on 11:38 - Jul 31 by Joe_bradshaw

They are buying an extremely good striker for the season after next when they come back down.

Yes, indeed. Been very good in the championship over the past few seasons but the PL is a different gravy !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Oli McBurnie on 11:48 - Jul 31 with 2025 viewsLuther27

Sky quoting we've bought someone called Peterson....an across the line front man but predominantly a winger.
Oli McBurnie on 11:52 - Jul 31 with 1980 viewshobo

Oli McBurnie on 11:38 - Jul 31 by Joe_bradshaw

They are buying an extremely good striker for the season after next when they come back down.

He'll do very well in the PL too. Good luck to him
Oli McBurnie on 12:26 - Jul 31 with 1853 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 11:52 - Jul 31 by hobo

I think he's going to struggle personally, but he's been great for us. Overpriced but from the outside looking in, he was more than just a very good striker, seemed to be a big character behind the scenes and will be missed big time imo.

Good to see us moving fast for this Peterson fella, but still need atleast two through the door, one of those being a striker.
Oli McBurnie on 18:52 - Jul 31 with 1631 viewsNortbankboy

Oli McBurnie on 12:26 - Jul 31 by 34dfgdf54

I think he's going to struggle personally, but he's been great for us. Overpriced but from the outside looking in, he was more than just a very good striker, seemed to be a big character behind the scenes and will be missed big time imo.

Good to see us moving fast for this Peterson fella, but still need atleast two through the door, one of those being a striker.

We need a replacement as soon as possible.
But the money was too good to turn down.

Sheffield utd will feel like we did when we bought clucas.
Fecking shafted
Oli McBurnie on 19:05 - Jul 31 with 1540 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 18:52 - Jul 31 by Nortbankboy

We need a replacement as soon as possible.
But the money was too good to turn down.

Sheffield utd will feel like we did when we bought clucas.
Fecking shafted

Who knows how he’ll do.

But he puts more effort in in ten minutes than Clucas did in ten games. Clucas was a disgrace. Comparing the two is extremely unfair on McBurnie.

Good luck to him.
Oli McBurnie on 19:06 - Jul 31 with 1536 viewsNortbankboy

Oli McBurnie on 19:05 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

Who knows how he’ll do.

But he puts more effort in in ten minutes than Clucas did in ten games. Clucas was a disgrace. Comparing the two is extremely unfair on McBurnie.

Good luck to him.

You're right can't fault him for effort
Oli McBurnie on 19:13 - Jul 31 with 1482 viewshobo

Oli McBurnie on 12:26 - Jul 31 by 34dfgdf54

Hardly overpriced when you see Bristol City getting £25m for their defender Adam Webster
Login to get fewer ads

Oli McBurnie on 19:13 - Jul 31 with 1474 viewsvetchonian

Oli McBurnie on 19:06 - Jul 31 by Nortbankboy

You're right can't fault him for effort

Or for helping us avoiding getting drawn into a relegation battle with his goals last season

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Oli McBurnie on 19:16 - Jul 31 with 1451 viewsplasjack

Kept us ticking over last season, with support in a decent Sheffield U team it might just help them stay up.
If Borja stays and realises his potential we might scrape into top 6.
Oli McBurnie on 19:19 - Jul 31 with 1427 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 19:13 - Jul 31 by vetchonian

Or for helping us avoiding getting drawn into a relegation battle with his goals last season

The reality is that however good he does or doesn’t appear, he’s one of those players that just has the knack of scoring goals. Lots of them. And that’s not that common.
Oli McBurnie on 19:20 - Jul 31 with 1415 viewsLeonWasGod

Oli McBurnie on 19:13 - Jul 31 by vetchonian

Yeah, but apart from effort and scoring most of our goals what has he ever done for us?

Hope he does well and goes on to have a good stint in the PL, he’s worked his socks off (sorry) for years to get this chance, so good luck to the scruffy twât!

Based on our last season in the PL he may struggle, but he’s developed and achieved a lot since then so who knows. We were also a basket case at the time too, so that wouldn’t have helped him back then.

I hope he does well (and whoever moves into his house learns how to turn off the security lights at night).
Oli McBurnie on 19:22 - Jul 31 with 1404 viewsOldjack

Oli McBurnie on 11:52 - Jul 31 by hobo

he's a poacher and nowt else ,he'll get no room in the PL. I doubt him or James will do well

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Oli McBurnie on 19:27 - Jul 31 with 1352 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 19:22 - Jul 31 by Oldjack

he's a poacher and nowt else ,he'll get no room in the PL. I doubt him or James will do well

Well let’s hope they do. As it will suit us as well.
Oli McBurnie on 19:32 - Jul 31 with 1312 viewsOldjack

Oli McBurnie on 19:27 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

Well let’s hope they do. As it will suit us as well.

it would suit us perfectly if both had stayed ,.Roughly 38 mill banked I 'doubt it will be spent on suitable replacements ,do you ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Oli McBurnie on 19:36 - Jul 31 with 1285 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 19:32 - Jul 31 by Oldjack

it would suit us perfectly if both had stayed ,.Roughly 38 mill banked I 'doubt it will be spent on suitable replacements ,do you ?

Unfortunately, we are where we are. The problem players (financially) are still a drain on us so we are left with little option.

I certainly wouldn’t have turned down the best part of £20m for McBurnie. Nor the money for James.

These two transfers will make a huge difference going forward.

The Bony / Ayew transfers killed us. Who would have thought? Oh yeah, most of us.
Oli McBurnie on 19:47 - Jul 31 with 1209 viewsswancity

Oli McBurnie on 19:36 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

Unfortunately, we are where we are. The problem players (financially) are still a drain on us so we are left with little option.

I certainly wouldn’t have turned down the best part of £20m for McBurnie. Nor the money for James.

The Bony / Ayew transfers killed us. Who would have thought? Oh yeah, most of us.

" These two transfers will make a huge difference going forward "

Meaning what?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Oli McBurnie on 19:49 - Jul 31 with 1196 viewswaynekerr55

But Jenkins did it for the best of the club...

Thank fúck he has gone. How anyone can blame Birch when all he's doing is cleaning up Gonzo's mess is beyond me.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Oli McBurnie on 19:55 - Jul 31 with 1149 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 19:47 - Jul 31 by swancity

" These two transfers will make a huge difference going forward "

Meaning what?

Stabilising the financial situation. Moving it to being more easily manageable.
Oli McBurnie on 20:00 - Jul 31 with 1126 viewsSwanjaxs

Oli McBurnie on 19:55 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

So you think the hedge fund are in it for the long haul then?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Oli McBurnie on 20:00 - Jul 31 with 1123 viewsjack_lord

Oli McBurnie on 19:55 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

Do you know if this season's £45 million parachute payment has really been eaten up from previous overspend or is that hearsay?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Oli McBurnie on 20:01 - Jul 31 with 1112 viewsOldjack

going forward ………… care to explain ?

Oli McBurnie on 20:04 - Jul 31 with 1074 viewsLuther27

Oli McBurnie on 19:49 - Jul 31 by waynekerr55

But Jenkins did it for the best of the club...

Thank fúck he has gone. How anyone can blame Birch when all he's doing is cleaning up Gonzo's mess is beyond me.

Jenkins got rid of 16...I think...on relegation. He also got Potter who then brought the U23 players to the fore that stabilised us and kept us mid table. We were a couple of players off a play off spot.
Anyway....managed to shift the expensive players out on loan. Birch so far has sold 3 players for circa £38 million Ollie and DJ cost us under a million? Jordan Ayew £9 million.
Jenkins should have left on take over along with the old board. I'm not in the Birch love in so far because most of the deck clearing was carried out before he came on board. I'm hoping he pulls a few rabbits out of the hat to make us a promotion threat this season otherwise it'll be another clearout due to reduced parachute payments the following season.
Oli McBurnie on 20:05 - Jul 31 with 1064 viewsthornabyswan

Oli McBurnie on 20:01 - Jul 31 by Oldjack

20 million isn't that what the Trust are hoping for if they win the court case

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Oli McBurnie on 20:09 - Jul 31 with 1032 viewsBadlands

Oli McBurnie on 20:01 - Jul 31 by Oldjack

A controversial concept but generally accepted the space-time is linear and progressive and moves forward ... hence the expression going forward is a generally accepted truism.
'Every moment that passes finds us traveling from the past to the present and into the future, with time always flowing in the same direction. At no point does it ever appear to either stand still or reverse; the “arrow of time” always points forwards for us. But if we look at the laws of physics – from Newton to Einstein, from Maxwell to Bohr, from Dirac to Feynman – they appear to be time-symmetric. In other words, the equations that govern reality don’t have a preference for which way time flows. The solutions that describe the behavior of any system obeying the laws of physics, as we understand them, are just as valid for time flowing into the past as they are for time flowing into the future. Yet we know from experience that time only flows one way: forwards.'
https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2018/03/09/we-still-dont-understand

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024