Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli McBurnie 10:31 - Jul 27 with 51008 viewsjackharris

There has been talk this morning that a 18 million bid has been accepted from Sheffield United? I wonder how true this is? Is anyone able to shed some light. We will see at 2pm today when the team sheet is published.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Oli McBurnie on 10:18 - Jul 28 with 2011 viewsBadlands

Oli McBurnie on 09:44 - Jul 28 by exiledclaseboy

I think Birch said at the recent forum (I wasn’t there but I’m sure I read it somewhere) that the sale of James meant that no further sales were necessary. So if they flog McBurnie it’s not to ease any financial worries. That said, £18m for McBurnie? Tough to turn down. That’s crazy money for him.

No he didn't.
The sale of James meant there was no need for a fire sale.
James' sale meant getting Baston, Ayew and Ayew off the book was still essential as their wages were crippling the club.
Getting Baston, Ayew and Ayew off the book is essential and any transfer fee would be a bonus.

We still have Ayew, Borja, Montero and Carroll on big wages but only Baston looking like he might play for us again.

Other comments -
Cooper doesn't have THE say in who we bring in or sell, he has A say from a short list of identified players.
Cooper likes the loan market, Birch (and previously Pearlman don't.
The only reason Montero is with us is he can't (or it is incredibly difficult to) get a work permit to leave.
If Boja stays it's like a new signing for Cooper and is probably a better option than a multi £million loan option for a reluctant teenage Chelsea (or some such) want out for a season.

We are still balancing the books and parachute money is still needed - when disappears we need to be solvent.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oli McBurnie on 10:24 - Jul 28 with 1956 viewsNortbankboy

Oli McBurnie on 10:18 - Jul 28 by Badlands

No he didn't.
James' sale meant getting Baston, Ayew and Ayew off the book was still essential as their wages were crippling the club.
Getting Baston, Ayew and Ayew off the book is essential and any transfer fee would be a bonus.

We still have Ayew, Borja, Montero and Carroll on big wages but only Baston looking like he might play for us again.

Other comments -
Cooper doesn't have THE say in who we bring in or sell, he has A say from a short list of identified players.
The only reason Montero is with us is he can't (or it is incredibly difficult to) get a work permit to leave.
If Boja stays it's like a new signing for Cooper and is probably a better option than a multi £million loan option for a reluctant teenage Chelsea (or some such) want out for a season.

We are still balancing the books and parachute money is still needed - when disappears we need to be solvent.

oli missed a sitter yesterday.
Can't fault him for effort his first touch is awful at times.
I'd sell for £15 m no problem
Oli McBurnie on 10:26 - Jul 28 with 1937 viewsNotLoyal

Oli McBurnie on 10:24 - Jul 28 by Nortbankboy

Not in dispute, what is will be the timeframe to replace him.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Oli McBurnie on 10:28 - Jul 28 with 1918 viewsPrivate_Partz

Oli McBurnie on 09:44 - Jul 28 by exiledclaseboy

I think Birch said at the recent forum (I wasn’t there but I’m sure I read it somewhere) that the sale of James meant that no further sales were necessary. So if they flog McBurnie it’s not to ease any financial worries. That said, £18m for McBurnie? Tough to turn down. That’s crazy money for him.

18m for a 20 Goal a season player seems reasonable to me.
The issue I have is why not do the transfer early on in the season so we can recruit a suitable replacement and Coops does not waste time having in his first team squad in readiness for the new season.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Oli McBurnie on 10:29 - Jul 28 with 1909 viewsThornburyswan

I'd be ok at £18M+ but it would have a wider impact as he is clearly well connected with the squad so if it was against his preferences then that would impact squad morale & I'd also want us to reinvest at least a third of that fund, so circa £6M+ in the squad.
Oli McBurnie on 10:31 - Jul 28 with 1893 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 10:18 - Jul 28 by Badlands

No he didn't.

Other comments -

How do you know Copper likes the loan market, but Pearlman/Birch doesn’t?
Oli McBurnie on 10:32 - Jul 28 with 1886 viewsPrivate_Partz

You would sell min now.? 6 days before the start of the season?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Oli McBurnie on 10:38 - Jul 28 with 1847 viewsjasper_T

Oli McBurnie on 01:13 - Jul 28 by longlostjack

Agree. Funny really, a sort of gangly Nr. 10 with an eye for a killer ball. Push Celina forward? I must admit I have no coaching badges and have had a few ciders.

Celina doing that worked well in the lower league friendlies (finishing aside) but we didn't have much joy with it yesterday. Game changed when we brought Borja on up top.

If £18m is on the table sell Oli and keep Borja for the season. Can't complain about that sort of money in this division. I'm surprised we (reportedly) turned down £15m.
Login to get fewer ads

Oli McBurnie on 10:52 - Jul 28 with 1751 viewsItchySphincter

Everyone saying sell for 15/18M - how much you do you think it will cost us us to buy 20-odd Championship goals next year?! FFS.....

Birch is a stakeholder, not the Messiah. If we start the season with Oli gone, and Andre Ayew still on the books he will have failed in every bit as big a way as Jenkins and Pearlman before him.

Dan James was unexpected paydirt, a lottery win. 20M for a player with half a season under his belt is a no brainer. 15M for Oli on the eve of the season is irresponsible and bad business, unless of course the football side is if secondary importance.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Oli McBurnie on 10:55 - Jul 28 with 1728 viewsexiledclaseboy

Oli McBurnie on 10:52 - Jul 28 by ItchySphincter

Everyone saying sell for 15/18M - how much you do you think it will cost us us to buy 20-odd Championship goals next year?! FFS.....

Birch is a stakeholder, not the Messiah. If we start the season with Oli gone, and Andre Ayew still on the books he will have failed in every bit as big a way as Jenkins and Pearlman before him.

Dan James was unexpected paydirt, a lottery win. 20M for a player with half a season under his belt is a no brainer. 15M for Oli on the eve of the season is irresponsible and bad business, unless of course the football side is if secondary importance.

Hard to argue with that.

Poll: Tory leader

Oli McBurnie on 11:09 - Jul 28 with 1670 views34dfgdf54

Great post
Oli McBurnie on 11:14 - Jul 28 with 1632 viewsTailGunner

Almost done.
Leaving drinks for Oli last night apparently
Oli McBurnie on 11:17 - Jul 28 with 1617 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 11:14 - Jul 28 by TailGunner

Almost done.

Yeah, heard the same.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 11:19]
Oli McBurnie on 11:20 - Jul 28 with 1588 viewsMrSwerve

Exactly. With Oli we’ve got at least 15 goals guaranteed. If we sell him at this stage, it’s quite likely we wouldn’t adequately replace him and the season will be a write-off. Not sure how Borja would fare if he had to fill in - that would be a gamble. I can’t see Borja getting 15 goals for some reason.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Oli McBurnie on 11:21 - Jul 28 with 1581 viewsMrSwerve

Almost done.

Isn’t that just a normal night for Oli? (Allegedly)

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Oli McBurnie on 11:21 - Jul 28 with 1573 viewsmagicdaps10

Oli McBurnie on 11:20 - Jul 28 by MrSwerve

Exactly. With Oli we’ve got at least 15 goals guaranteed. If we sell him at this stage, it’s quite likely we wouldn’t adequately replace him and the season will be a write-off. Not sure how Borja would fare if he had to fill in - that would be a gamble. I can’t see Borja getting 15 goals for some reason.

So Mcburnie off...... That Kamberi in from Hibs?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Oli McBurnie on 11:22 - Jul 28 with 1568 viewsploppy

If we're contemplating selling Oli for £15m/£18m it was madness to play him yesterday.
Oli McBurnie on 11:24 - Jul 28 with 1555 viewsFireboy2

Almost done.

Where did you hear that TG?
Oli McBurnie on 11:24 - Jul 28 with 1552 viewsItchySphincter

Almost done.

A huge, huge loss.

When we’re collectively playing badly he’s the only one we have to step up and change it. The only one who frightens the opposition.

Oli McBurnie on 11:30 - Jul 28 with 1493 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 11:24 - Jul 28 by Fireboy2

[IMG] http://i67.tinypic.com/1192ff9.jpg[/IMG]

Terrible dress sense but I’ll let him off for 20 goals a season.
Oli McBurnie on 11:30 - Jul 28 with 1488 viewsDarran

Oli McBurnie on 11:24 - Jul 28 by Fireboy2

On Twitter.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Oli McBurnie on 11:31 - Jul 28 with 1486 viewsFireboy2

Its a damn shame we have to sell a 24 goal striker that could help us push for promotion whilst we have several wastes of skin leeching money from the club for doing the square root of fvck all.

It makes my blood boil, i just hope that baston stays til at least january otherwise we will be fighting in the relegation zone with CBR up top.
Oli McBurnie on 11:40 - Jul 28 with 1386 viewsItchySphincter

Oli McBurnie on 11:31 - Jul 28 by Fireboy2

Its a damn shame we have to sell a 24 goal striker that could help us push for promotion whilst we have several wastes of skin leeching money from the club for doing the square root of fvck all.

It makes my blood boil, i just hope that baston stays til at least january otherwise we will be fighting in the relegation zone with CBR up top.

Oli makes Baston tick, that’s obvious from the last couple of games. If we keep Borja and sell Oli, Borja will find himself as lost as he was in the Premier League.

Oli McBurnie on 11:52 - Jul 28 with 1296 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 09:05 - Jul 28 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah. He’s off.

Few of his pals from around here saying farewell on instagram etc

Gutted
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 9:07]

✵

where are they, i can't find any

https://www.instagram.com/oli_mcburnie/?hl=en

✵

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Oli McBurnie on 11:53 - Jul 28 with 1278 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 11:52 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

where are they, i can't find any

https://www.instagram.com/oli_mcburnie/?hl=en

✵

Not on his actual page, was people tagging him farewell posts from what I’ve been told. See darran’s post above.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024