Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli McBurnie 10:31 - Jul 27 with 51258 viewsjackharris

There has been talk this morning that a 18 million bid has been accepted from Sheffield United? I wonder how true this is? Is anyone able to shed some light. We will see at 2pm today when the team sheet is published.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Oli McBurnie on 20:40 - Jul 28 with 3734 viewsKilkennyjack

Dean Saunders moved from Derby to Liverpool, and then Liverpool to Villa within about 18 months.
£2.9m and £2.5m.

Dean never asked for any moves - and so benefitted on both moves. Double bubble.

Well done Deano.
And that was back in 1991 and 1992.

Beware of the Risen People

Oli McBurnie on 21:03 - Jul 28 with 3563 viewsswan65split

Oli McBurnie on 21:22 - Jul 28 with 3442 viewsjackrmee

Oli McBurnie on 18:04 - Jul 27 by LeonWasGod

He’s a cracking footballer, as well as someone who can bag 20+ goals a season in this league. We’ll miss him if/when he goes. One of the best forwards in the league.

Was my pick for player of the year last season.
He gives 100% all of the time and has stormers in any position he plays in. Also seems to be one of the biggest motivators in the club, with passion and heart.
Essential player, for me.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Oli McBurnie on 21:32 - Jul 28 with 3383 viewsGaz_M

Oli McBurnie on 20:12 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

right, i may have it now: the signing fee was hard to find with google search, because it's being called the sign-on bonus?

a player can receive a hefty 'signing fee/sign-on bonus’ upon signing to a new club (5% to 10% can be usual). The more the player is wanted, the higher the bonus can get.

a player can also have a clause in his contract, stating that he gets a certain percentage of his transfer fee when sold.

also as you say: if he has more years left on his swans contract, our club would have to pay any yearly bonuses left to him as well?

✵

Why the asterisks?
Oli McBurnie on 21:34 - Jul 28 with 3368 viewsDarran

Oli McBurnie on 21:32 - Jul 28 by Gaz_M

Why the asterisks?

Because he’s weird Gareth.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Oli McBurnie on 21:53 - Jul 28 with 3273 viewsNotLoyal

Oli McBurnie on 17:01 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

i think it has probably been well known since agents became involved with the transfer deals, that the 'players fee' is negotiated between the player and the agent, and it comes out of the 'agents fee'

unless you can show me any different - which i know you can't - this seems the obvious.

✵

Any other usernames before this one ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Oli McBurnie on 22:05 - Jul 28 with 3199 viewsSwanseaman

Why the asterisks?

✵

i have autism, it's just a habit i've picked up, it started with dots.

✵

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Oli McBurnie on 22:36 - Jul 28 with 2982 viewsItchySphincter

Oli McBurnie on 21:53 - Jul 28 by NotLoyal

Any other usernames before this one ?

It'll all come out in the wash.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Oli McBurnie on 22:39 - Jul 28 with 2959 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why the asterisks?

I know. It’s Gauling

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oli McBurnie on 07:34 - Jul 29 with 2554 viewsjackrmee

Oli McBurnie on 09:28 - Jul 28 by Private_Partz

Exactly and it would back up Cooper's claim that he is not being consulted on player movements. He cited Jeff as an example.
IF Borja and Ollie go, the optimism after Atalanta will disappear like p!ss in the wind.
Start the season without a striker and we are in for a long hard season. We could end up scratching around in the bargain basement before the windows close.
Like Jenkins has never left.

Where has Coopie claimed he is not being consulted?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Oli McBurnie on 07:37 - Jul 29 with 2547 viewsThurrockJack92

Oli McBurnie on 07:34 - Jul 29 by jackrmee

Where has Coopie claimed he is not being consulted?

I think he might be referring to the post-Atalanta interview where Cooper is asked about Montero and he basically says that the decision is above his head.
Oli McBurnie on 09:39 - Jul 29 with 2282 viewsBadlands

Oli McBurnie on 07:37 - Jul 29 by ThurrockJack92

I think he might be referring to the post-Atalanta interview where Cooper is asked about Montero and he basically says that the decision is above his head.

Montero is someone the club, understandably, wants off the books and hoped, despite his history, to get a decent transfer fee for. WBA & Birmingham were interested and others were sniffing but then the problem with his work permit surfaced.

Apart from not playing his quota of international games to press his case for a new work permit (needed if he joins another club outside Ecuador) his loan from Getafe to Emelec added to the difficulty (being outside the EU for that length of time.)

'The wideman did have work permit issues last year following his loan stint with Emelec, and it ensured he missed a hefty proportion of the 2018 pre-season schedule. He appears to be having similar problems this summer too.' (WOL 15/7/19)

Putting two and two together - Montero is a player Cooper would have been told won't be with us. But how he leaves and to where might well be influenced more by trade laws than football contracts.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oli McBurnie on 10:39 - Jul 29 with 2079 viewsLuther27

Oli McBurnie on 07:37 - Jul 29 by ThurrockJack92

It's an easy get out for him regarding players leaving etc as he was hired as a head coach not a manager. He has a say in potential players joining but not on leaving I would imagine. Makes press conferences easier as in the question regarding Montero.
Oli McBurnie on 10:51 - Jul 29 with 2013 viewsLeonWasGod

Oli McBurnie on 10:39 - Jul 29 by Luther27

It's an easy get out for him regarding players leaving etc as he was hired as a head coach not a manager. He has a say in potential players joining but not on leaving I would imagine. Makes press conferences easier as in the question regarding Montero.

Although after he said the decision was above him, he did seem to get a dig in by saying he's concentrating on working with those who show a willingness/dedication to put the effort in since the first day he got here. Can't remember the exact words, but it was something along those lines and it was fairly clear it was pointed at Montero.

We just need to get him of the books now. Shame in a way as he's got a lot to offer in this league - he was a right hadfull before we shipped him out on loan last year.
Oli McBurnie on 11:01 - Jul 29 with 1979 viewsHeadmaster

We're considering a new offer of £20m from United according to BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49150355
Oli McBurnie on 11:02 - Jul 29 with 1975 viewsdameedna

Oli McBurnie on 10:51 - Jul 29 by LeonWasGod

Although after he said the decision was above him, he did seem to get a dig in by saying he's concentrating on working with those who show a willingness/dedication to put the effort in since the first day he got here. Can't remember the exact words, but it was something along those lines and it was fairly clear it was pointed at Montero.

We just need to get him of the books now. Shame in a way as he's got a lot to offer in this league - he was a right hadfull before we shipped him out on loan last year.

I can. Cooper meant he is focused on players he coached through pre season.
Oli McBurnie on 11:16 - Jul 29 with 1888 viewsThrasher6

Oli McBurnie on 11:01 - Jul 29 by Headmaster

Depressing....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Oli McBurnie on 11:20 - Jul 29 with 1864 viewsjasper_T

Not many on here thought we'd be getting that sort of offer for him this time last year.

Wonder who will be the £15-20m man (or men) 12 months from now.
Oli McBurnie on 11:22 - Jul 29 with 1854 viewsWarwickHunt

Oli McBurnie on 11:16 - Jul 29 by Thrasher6

Depressing....

£20m?

Birch earning his money. Thank fûck the idiot Jenkins isn’t still in charge.
Oli McBurnie on 11:22 - Jul 29 with 1840 viewsThornburyswan

Oli McBurnie on 11:16 - Jul 29 by Thrasher6

Depressing....

Agree it is but & acknowledge I'm clutching at straws here (not plastic ones obviously!) but if it is going to happen get it done in the next 48 hours so we have a week to look at other options to replace.
Oli McBurnie on 11:24 - Jul 29 with 1823 viewshobo

It was always going to be £20m+, especially with the crazy fees being thrown around at the moment. He'd still be a bargain at £20m, mind
Oli McBurnie on 11:39 - Jul 29 with 1697 viewsThornburyswan

Assuming socks is up for it does give Birch/Yanks the chance to back up their words & reject and risk seeing how we (& Sheff Utd) are looking come Jan 1st................ but suspect the £££s will be shouting too loudly.
Oli McBurnie on 11:40 - Jul 29 with 1690 viewsjasper_T

Oli McBurnie on 11:24 - Jul 29 by hobo

It was always going to be £20m+, especially with the crazy fees being thrown around at the moment. He'd still be a bargain at £20m, mind

Not sure about that myself. Scotland fans wouldn't pay £20 for him on his performances for the national side.

He might take to Wilder's all-action overlapping 3-5-2 system though. Seems best possible fit among PL sides in terms of how he tries to play.
Oli McBurnie on 11:42 - Jul 29 with 1665 viewsWarwickHunt

Oli McBurnie on 11:24 - Jul 29 by hobo

Not convinced he’ll make the step up to PL.
Oli McBurnie on 11:54 - Jul 29 with 1557 views34dfgdf54

Gareth Vincent tweet:

#Swans indicating that McBurnie fee would go a long way towards putting the club back on an even keel financially, but surely a couple of attacking players - at least - must arrive before the window closes in just 10 days' time

No it won’t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024