Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
André Ayew? 23:24 - Jul 27 with 3123 viewsjackharris

Have I missed something but things are rather quiet regarding Andre? I understand he took part in the African Cup of Nations and has an extended break but what are we going to do with him? Loan him out again, sell (if possible) or do a Baston with him (that seems highly unlikely?)?

Also with Montero being back in Swansea would be nice to have him as an impact sub like we had at the start of last season.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 23:25]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

André Ayew? on 23:53 - Jul 27 with 3008 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I expect Birch will be working overtime to ship him out on loan. The worry is what if there are no takers?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

André Ayew? on 23:54 - Jul 27 with 3011 viewsSwansea93

Cooper said that he'll be the same as Baston he will be brought back in to the squad when he's back.

He will probably get a last minute loan somewhere again, Qatar or something.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

André Ayew? on 01:42 - Jul 28 with 2848 viewsNotLoyal

Blokes a prick, turn up and earn to your money.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

André Ayew? on 07:13 - Jul 28 with 2670 viewsjack247

They need to be integrated back into the squad if they can’t be moved in, Bad apple or not, Ayew would be an absolute weapon in the Championship. Montero played the impact sub role brilliantly a few times last season.
André Ayew? on 07:33 - Jul 28 with 2626 viewsTheKirkyLife

André Ayew? on 07:13 - Jul 28 by jack247

They need to be integrated back into the squad if they can’t be moved in, Bad apple or not, Ayew would be an absolute weapon in the Championship. Montero played the impact sub role brilliantly a few times last season.

This is a big point everyone seems to be overlooking. We're not talking about a Bony situation where the goods are permanently damaged.

Borja, Montero and Ayew would be a terrifying front trio for any Championship defence to contend with.
André Ayew? on 12:02 - Jul 28 with 2230 viewsthornabyswan

André Ayew? on 07:33 - Jul 28 by TheKirkyLife

This is a big point everyone seems to be overlooking. We're not talking about a Bony situation where the goods are permanently damaged.

Borja, Montero and Ayew would be a terrifying front trio for any Championship defence to contend with.

The only ones being terrorised by Montero will be the poor feckers carrying him off on a stretcher 5 times a season.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

André Ayew? on 13:33 - Jul 28 with 2037 viewsBadlands

Don't forget the window only closes in England on the 8th August.
All other central, eastern and Southern UEFA league close the very end of August or early September.
TBH we could be stuck with Ayew or pay part of a loan fee. After his less than award wining (on or off the freld) season at Fenerbache I honestly can't see anyone paying his wages and giving us money for him.
But, if were back and put his mind to it he'd be a monster in this league. Although he's highly criticised (some times rightly so IMO) his PL stats for us and West Ham are quite impressive. (89 games 21 goals and 12 assists.)
Montero is exciting but at what cost?
The only run of games he's had for three season was in Ecuador after the team we loaned him to loaned him out again.
With WBA he was left out of the team and played just 120 minutes of a possible 1620 (not injured)
1 goal for WBA 3 assist for us.
Our last PL season he contributed 1 assist in the equivalent of 8 games.
I'm sure he wants to play but he's been injured so often he gets injured again even before he's properly recovered.
As much as I would love him to have another season with us he's just not up to it.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

André Ayew? on 13:41 - Jul 28 with 2005 viewsThrasher6

André Ayew? on 12:02 - Jul 28 by thornabyswan

The only ones being terrorised by Montero will be the poor feckers carrying him off on a stretcher 5 times a season.

Had a chuckle at that one....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Login to get fewer ads

André Ayew? on 18:38 - Jul 28 with 1661 viewsPrivate_Partz

André Ayew? on 07:33 - Jul 28 by TheKirkyLife

Surely it would be worth keeping a small black hole for a season to see if that lot could pull it off and get us promoted?
Regardless, if they play well we will get some decent offers and get them off the wage bill next season,
If we suceed we have potentially the basics of a squad for the top flight.
I guess that would be too much speculation for accumulation for the Yanks though.....
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 18:40]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

André Ayew? on 17:55 - Jul 29 with 991 viewsbluenile

André Ayew? on 18:38 - Jul 28 by Private_Partz

Surely it would be worth keeping a small black hole for a season to see if that lot could pull it off and get us promoted?
Regardless, if they play well we will get some decent offers and get them off the wage bill next season,
If we suceed we have potentially the basics of a squad for the top flight.
I guess that would be too much speculation for accumulation for the Yanks though.....
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 18:40]

It's not often you see "small black hole" and "pull it off" in one sentence, and it's not even remotely rude.............................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024