Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump's racist attack 10:15 - Jul 28 with 8289 viewsNotLoyal

Can someone explain what he said that was racist ?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49141521

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Trump's racist attack on 14:53 - Jul 29 with 944 viewsEbo

Trump's racist attack on 14:38 - Jul 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Oh bulls**t. I can't believe I have to argue these ridiculous semantics, but how is saying any of that racist as opposed to saying "you'd think you were in a 3rd world country" (i.e., a place with a bunch of brown or black people)?

And yes, what I quoted was what Trump said. It wasn't all he said, but I took what made the point. Adding "disgusting, rat infested, no human would want to live there" merely belabored the exact same point, and to the same degree.

This kind of idiocy is peak Trump Derangement Syndrome. Well done, Lis.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 14:42]

So if Trump labelled your home town that has a large population of black people a 'rat infested hole', would you agree or not?

If it's the former then seriously mate, you need to give your head a wobble. It's casual, mindless racism no matter what you try and wrap it up in. America has become embroiled in racism that if you protest about it you are labelled a racist.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Trump's racist attack on 15:25 - Jul 29 with 920 viewslondonlisa2001

Trump's racist attack on 14:38 - Jul 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Oh bulls**t. I can't believe I have to argue these ridiculous semantics, but how is saying any of that racist as opposed to saying "you'd think you were in a 3rd world country" (i.e., a place with a bunch of brown or black people)?

And yes, what I quoted was what Trump said. It wasn't all he said, but I took what made the point. Adding "disgusting, rat infested, no human would want to live there" merely belabored the exact same point, and to the same degree.

This kind of idiocy is peak Trump Derangement Syndrome. Well done, Lis.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 14:42]

‘Ridiculous semantics’ is the whole problem.

Trump repeatedly uses the description ‘infested’ in descriptions of areas with a high black or other ethnic minority population. It’s intended to dehumanise. Emphasised in this case by him actually saying ‘no human would want to live there’.

He doesn’t do so when describing white majority parts of America with equal levels of poverty and deprivation. Same as he doesn’t say to white critics that they should go back to where they came from.

Repeatedly describing any efforts to point out his blatant and repeated racism as ‘Trump Derangement Syndrome’ is an attempt to shut down any argument.

Racism isn’t a deal breaker for you, that’s your choice. Same as his history of reported sexual assaults wasn’t a deal breaker for you. Again your choice. But don’t for one moment think that doesn’t make it an issue that others care about.

As an aside, a ‘third world country’ doesn’t, as you so charmingly describe it, mean a place with a ‘bunch of black or brown people’.

The third world was a Cold War term to describe countries that were not aligned with either the European / US / Japan bloc, nor aligned with the Soviet / China bloc.

It is now used to describe countries that are developing nations, countries with weaknesses in education, literacy, nutrition, have widespread poverty. The colour of the inhabitants is not a factor and, indeed, large parts of the former Soviet Union and parts of the former Yugoslavia are regarded as ‘third world’ using the more modern meaning - many of which have very white populations.
Trump's racist attack on 15:44 - Jul 29 with 890 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I hate to have to try to think like one of those sad idiots who uses mental gymnastics to twist every sentence someone says into something racist...but if Trump had said EXACTLY what Sanders said: "you'd think (in Baltimore) you were in a third world country," THAT would have been the coup de grace. It would have trumped (pun intended) all the other "racist" parts of what he said, as it 'hostilely conjures images of (mostly) countries with non-white people in squalor' or some other nonsense.

Baltimore is in terrible shape. It IS rat infested, that is a fact. No human being would want to live there. Stating that isn't stating that the people who do live there aren't human beings; rather it's imploring that the human beings are trapped in subhuman conditions. Trump is bringing attention to a critical situation, and all he gets for it is this idiocy.

And yes, you'd have to be a hopeless idiot to read that and think (as the MSM has) that he's calling them "less than human;" and there's a 0% chance anyone would have inferred that, if the source of the quote wasn't Trump or another Republican they hate.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Trump's racist attack on 15:48 - Jul 29 with 883 viewsTummer_from_Texas

When I say "Baltimore" I should clarify again that Baltimore still has it's very nice parts. This is mostly West Baltimore.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Trump's racist attack on 15:52 - Jul 29 with 881 viewslondonlisa2001

Trump's racist attack on 15:44 - Jul 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

I hate to have to try to think like one of those sad idiots who uses mental gymnastics to twist every sentence someone says into something racist...but if Trump had said EXACTLY what Sanders said: "you'd think (in Baltimore) you were in a third world country," THAT would have been the coup de grace. It would have trumped (pun intended) all the other "racist" parts of what he said, as it 'hostilely conjures images of (mostly) countries with non-white people in squalor' or some other nonsense.

Baltimore is in terrible shape. It IS rat infested, that is a fact. No human being would want to live there. Stating that isn't stating that the people who do live there aren't human beings; rather it's imploring that the human beings are trapped in subhuman conditions. Trump is bringing attention to a critical situation, and all he gets for it is this idiocy.

And yes, you'd have to be a hopeless idiot to read that and think (as the MSM has) that he's calling them "less than human;" and there's a 0% chance anyone would have inferred that, if the source of the quote wasn't Trump or another Republican they hate.

If Baltimore is in such a bad state, with sub-human conditions, maybe having a word with his son-in-law who is, after all, a large slum landlord there would help?

And the reason why Trump is not given the benefit of the doubt is because he’s a blatant racist.

How many times are white people told to ‘go back to where they came from’ in their own country’?
Trump's racist attack on 15:55 - Jul 29 with 874 viewsDarran

Trump's racist attack on 14:14 - Jul 29 by Ebo

Read my post above ^^

Stop being such a hypocrite ffs.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trump's racist attack on 15:56 - Jul 29 with 869 viewsEbo

Trump's racist attack on 15:55 - Jul 29 by Darran

Stop being such a hypocrite ffs.

Standard response from you these days. If you have nothing constructive to add then say f uck all if I was you.

Trump's racist attack on 17:21 - Jul 29 with 834 viewsDarran

Trump's racist attack on 15:56 - Jul 29 by Ebo

Standard response from you these days. If you have nothing constructive to add then say f uck all if I was you.

Well I’d rather say fuçk all than bring up the same thing again you hypocrite.
If you tweeted to a work colleague what you’ve posted on here you’d be sacked too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Trump's racist attack on 19:06 - Jul 29 with 790 viewsJackSomething

Trump's racist attack on 15:44 - Jul 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

While there's no doubt that some people will jump on anything Trump says and use it as a stick to beat him with, a Trump supporter accusing people of using mental gymnastics with no evident sense of irony is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Trump's racist attack on 19:19 - Jul 29 with 772 viewsFlashberryjack

Trump's racist attack on 19:06 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

While there's no doubt that some people will jump on anything Trump says and use it as a stick to beat him with, a Trump supporter accusing people of using mental gymnastics with no evident sense of irony is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

You need to read more.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Trump's racist attack on 20:30 - Jul 29 with 746 viewsJackSomething

Trump's racist attack on 19:19 - Jul 29 by Flashberryjack

You need to read more.

You're right. I totally forgot about the Brexit thread. Jango is pretty funny.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Trump's racist attack on 21:28 - Jul 29 with 722 viewsFlashberryjack

Trump's racist attack on 20:30 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Trump's racist attack on 21:52 - Jul 29 with 704 viewsJango

Trump's racist attack on 20:30 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

You’re not the first to admit it.
Trump's racist attack on 21:57 - Jul 29 with 699 viewsnyc_swans

the whataboutery is so unbecoming

but what about bernie?!?!

bernie is not the president of the US.
Trump's racist attack on 22:41 - Jul 29 with 686 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Trump's racist attack on 21:57 - Jul 29 by nyc_swans

the whataboutery is so unbecoming

but what about bernie?!?!

bernie is not the president of the US.

Ah, so when a senator (who is running for president) says he can't tell the difference between Baltimore and a 3rd world country, it's because he cares deeply about the welfare of the poor.

But when the president says something similarly blunt, he magically becomes a racist tyrant who hates them.

Has nothing to do with one being a Democrat, and the other Trump. Thanks for clearing that up.

Trump's racist attack on 22:48 - Jul 29 with 680 viewsHumpty

Trump's racist attack on 22:41 - Jul 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Ah, so when a senator (who is running for president) says he can't tell the difference between Baltimore and a 3rd world country, it's because he cares deeply about the welfare of the poor.

But when the president says something similarly blunt, he magically becomes a racist tyrant who hates them.

Has nothing to do with one being a Democrat, and the other Trump. Thanks for clearing that up.

Do you think Trump and Sanders had the same motivation when they spoke about Baltimore?
Trump's racist attack on 23:10 - Jul 29 with 665 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Trump's racist attack on 22:48 - Jul 29 by Humpty

Do you think Trump and Sanders had the same motivation when they spoke about Baltimore?

No, I don't at all in fact.

I think Trump wants to clean up the city and help its citizens live quality lives.

I think Sanders is an opportunist using Baltimore with no real plan or inclination to help, just an excuse to push his radical agenda.

Trump's racist attack on 23:20 - Jul 29 with 658 viewslondonlisa2001

Trump's racist attack on 23:10 - Jul 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

I think Trump wants to clean up the city and help its citizens live quality lives.

I think Sanders is an opportunist using Baltimore with no real plan or inclination to help, just an excuse to push his radical agenda.

Genuine question Tummer.

Do you believe it’s racist to tell people who are from an ethnic minority background yet born and bred in America to go back to where they came from?

If not, have you any examples of that being said to a white person in their own country?
Trump's racist attack on 23:26 - Jul 29 with 655 viewsHumpty

Trump's racist attack on 23:10 - Jul 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Absolutely laughable.

Trump attacked Cummings because he criticized Homeland Security officials for what's happening on the border.

Expect similar attacks on people of colour in the run up to 2020, because that's what his supporters like to hear. Isn't it Tummer?
Trump's racist attack on 23:38 - Jul 29 with 643 viewsEbo

My friend Morgan lives in Baltimore, it's all everyone is talking about and for the record, they are disgusted that a president can actually say those things, disgusted but not surprised.

Trump's racist attack on 23:41 - Jul 29 with 640 viewsHumpty

Trump's racist attack on 23:38 - Jul 29 by Ebo

My friend Morgan lives in Baltimore, it's all everyone is talking about and for the record, they are disgusted that a president can actually say those things, disgusted but not surprised.

Aren't they pleased that Trump wants to help them live quality lives and clean up their city?
Trump's racist attack on 23:47 - Jul 29 with 634 viewsnyc_swans

Trump's racist attack on 23:41 - Jul 29 by Humpty

Aren't they pleased that Trump wants to help them live quality lives and clean up their city?

LOL

what a time to be alive, truly
Trump's racist attack on 00:05 - Jul 30 with 621 viewsdameedna

Trump's racist attack on 14:29 - Jul 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

My father's side of the family is from Baltimore. It's a city with areas of great charm, particularly the harbor, but was always a little seedy. But over the last two decades or so, it has completely fallen down to undeniably being on the very short list of most depressing and dangerous places in America.

This isn't exactly a guarded or unspoken secret, and nobody would have ever considered it racist to point this out...until yesterday.

In the 90s a hipster looked after me just outside of Hayte Ashbury sp. as I was in danger of getting in trouble.

To cool down the situation he told me a joke about Baltimore that was so unexpectedly racist I laughed in a tense situation.

Baltimore has been a basket case since at least the early 90s and is an example of cultural lack of integration.

Just not many people have wanted to face up or change its plight.

Sociology wise, most of the new academic writing stems from the US.

The practical social solutions are resisted by large sections the population which is a bi product of capitalism without a social state in a new emerging economic powerhouse.
Trump's racist attack on 00:20 - Jul 30 with 606 viewsEbo

Trump's racist attack on 17:21 - Jul 29 by Darran

Well I’d rather say fuçk all than bring up the same thing again you hypocrite.
If you tweeted to a work colleague what you’ve posted on here you’d be sacked too.

I'm not in public office like Trump though and I don't post racist stuff either.

Trump's racist attack on 01:31 - Jul 30 with 581 viewssnork44

Trump's racist attack on 23:20 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

Genuine question Tummer.

Do you believe it’s racist to tell people who are from an ethnic minority background yet born and bred in America to go back to where they came from?

If not, have you any examples of that being said to a white person in their own country?

Lisa, what Trump said about the four stupid little girls was crass, immature and offensive, but what he said about Baltimore is sadly true. It is after Chicago , Detroit and LA as one of most violent and deprived cities in the United States. Bernie Sanders said basically the same thing in his election campaign in 2015 and no one attacked Bernie then. The media mainly CNN,NBC and ABC are going apoplectic about it and Nancy Pelosi has nearly gone into orbit , just because Trump in his ham fisted way replied to Elijah Cummings saying he should try and improve his city instead of bumping his gums about conditions in the detention centers on the border. Cummings is African American , so any criticism of him must be racist!

This Friday , we are going to have the Democratic debates if Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden disagrees with Kamela Harries or Cory Booker , will they be considered racist or in the case of Harries sexist as we'll just because they disagree with a person of colour or the opposite gender, conversely would Booker and Harries be accused of being ageist against Biden or Sanders if they disagreed with them? Throwing terms like racism or sexism willy nilly cheapens those terms that in the end no one will be able to have a debate and people will be walking on egg shells frightened to say anything that may cause offence.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024