Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When/if we sell McBurnie 13:35 - Jul 28 with 5665 viewsmagicdaps10

Do you expect

A. We won't replace him
B. Sign a free agent/loan player
C. Sign someone by paying an actual fee.

Could be an interesting week or so ahead.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

When/if we sell McBurnie on 21:16 - Jul 28 with 2059 viewsAlgorfajack

When/if we sell McBurnie on 18:12 - Jul 28 by Private_Partz

Fairy nuff. Still seems odd we are not untilising him and Jeff whilst only playing Borja.

It's all well & good getting them to play for us but would we get 100% commitment to the cause out of them?

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

When/if we sell McBurnie on 21:33 - Jul 28 with 2001 views34dfgdf54

When/if we sell McBurnie on 21:16 - Jul 28 by Algorfajack

It's all well & good getting them to play for us but would we get 100% commitment to the cause out of them?

Well all of pre season we have been public in our intentions of getting them off our pay roll.

Do people actually believe Borja will be the “replacement” to Oli?
When/if we sell McBurnie on 21:50 - Jul 28 with 1947 viewsNotLoyal

Sell don't replace - asset stripping

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

When/if we sell McBurnie on 17:49 - Jul 29 with 1645 viewsgiantstoneater

It looks more likely that he will go leaving us short of time to get a replacement in, suits the Americans down to the ground, part of me even thinks it may have been planned that way. As well as Borja has done in pre-season he is no replacement for Oli, as for CBR neither is he. I wonder what is going through the heads of Celina and Grimes it won't be long before they are off why should they stay at a club that shows no ambition.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 19:01]
When/if we sell McBurnie on 19:06 - Jul 29 with 1535 viewsSheffieldjack

We shouldn't forget that Bradford City are entitled to 15% of any sell on fee that we get for Oli.
When/if we sell McBurnie on 21:19 - Jul 29 with 1366 viewsskettyparkherbert

When/if we sell McBurnie on 21:33 - Jul 28 by 34dfgdf54

Well all of pre season we have been public in our intentions of getting them off our pay roll.

Do people actually believe Borja will be the “replacement” to Oli?

Absolutely, bang on, it has been planed that way by the Sherman tanks .

We can't give Borja away due to his wages so no choice but to play him, they won't spend money on another striker, a young loanee maybe?

We will be the best footballing side in the championship in terms of possession and passes completed but i'm fearing no end product without Oli up top.

Roll on Saturday. Come on YJB
When/if we sell McBurnie on 08:46 - Jul 30 with 1155 viewsAlfieMooresSon

When/if we sell McBurnie on 13:45 - Jul 28 by Headmaster

We still need to replace Dan James.

Lower league very cheap option, and pray!
When/if we sell McBurnie on 11:28 - Jul 30 with 1048 viewsBadlands

When/if we sell McBurnie on 21:50 - Jul 28 by NotLoyal

or securing our future!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

When/if we sell McBurnie on 11:34 - Jul 30 with 1020 viewsAngelRangelQS

When/if we sell McBurnie on 11:28 - Jul 30 by Badlands

or securing our future!

I don't think people particularly care about that...

However, if we sell McBurnie for £18m, presumably we will then be in a position where we could afford to start spending sensible money...
When/if we sell McBurnie on 11:51 - Jul 30 with 971 views34dfgdf54

When/if we sell McBurnie on 11:28 - Jul 30 by Badlands

or securing our future!

Our future is secure, Birch said so himself in the Q&A. We don't need to sell.

Again though, I'm not saying we shouldn't sell for that price, it's selling him and re-investing zero money back into the squad, which is probably the most likely scenario.
When/if we sell McBurnie on 12:08 - Jul 30 with 915 viewsBadlands

When/if we sell McBurnie on 11:51 - Jul 30 by 34dfgdf54

Again though, I'm not saying we shouldn't sell for that price, it's selling him and re-investing zero money back into the squad, which is probably the most likely scenario.

Is that what he said?

Question on Investment
What realistically can we expect from the majority shareholders over, say, the next 5 years by way of serious investment?

Response

Trevor Birch commented that he honestly does not know the answer and efforts are being concentrated on here and now.

He added that there is a considerable financial hole to fill since relegation from the Premier League which has been widely publicised. The intention is to rebalance over the next 1-2 years.

He commented that should the Club be able to challenge for Promotion in January then there is the potential that majority shareholders may invest then.

The Chairman commented that following the sale of Dan James to Manchester United the Club are not desperate to sell players but should offers come in that cannot be refused then consideration must be given.

However, it is the intention to keep hold of the squad.

He added that if Investment guaranteed Promotion then every shareholder would invest.

Sounds like we are on the way to balancing the books but haven't done so yet.

A further was response to player recruitment was ...

Trevor Birch commented that the current players released were mutual decisions, and some on high contracts. He added that the Club do not have huge transfer funds available, and strategy is one of rebalancing and ......................
finding young players to develop.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

When/if we sell McBurnie on 12:28 - Jul 30 with 868 viewsPrivate_Partz

When/if we sell McBurnie on 21:16 - Jul 28 by Algorfajack

We better had or they will be hung drawn and quartered by the fans.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

When/if we sell McBurnie on 12:32 - Jul 30 with 856 viewsPrivate_Partz

When/if we sell McBurnie on 21:50 - Jul 28 by NotLoyal

Indeed.
Imho it is too late in the day now. If Sheffield wanted Ollie they should have come up with the cash months ago.
We are preparing for our first home match in 4 days time.
Tell them to do one and come back next year.
Trouble is I doubt the Hedge Funders think that way.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

When/if we sell McBurnie on 13:38 - Jul 30 with 630 viewsBryanSwan

Am not too fussed about McBurnie going. At the end of the day £20mil is a fair whack for him.
I think if we were able to keep Baston and bring in another striker to support him I would be fairly happy with that.
The possibility of VDH leaving is much more worrying IMO.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

When/if we sell McBurnie on 13:40 - Jul 30 with 622 viewsjackrmee

When/if we sell McBurnie on 11:51 - Jul 30 by 34dfgdf54

I think he probably meant this season is secure. Parachute payments reduce again next year and we still have high earners on the books.
We don't HAVE to sell Oli, but an offer of £20m is difficult for the richest clubs to turn down I assume.

I do think they will reinvest if Borja goes too. If Borja stays maybe we will buy a cheap young striker as back-up, as CBR is not good enough.
I don't think they will reinvest much, but it won't be zero.
Don't forget, we managed to invest some cash on Celina, Asoro and co last year and we were in a much worse position financially and had a shit chairman.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024