Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Independent Wales 17:59 - Jul 28 with 6803 viewsSgorioFruit

Its not a matter of if, more like a matter of WHEN

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

An Independent Wales on 23:30 - Jul 28 with 954 viewsmagicdaps10

Too many educated people who believe they are far more intelligent than they actually are........it is an issue all over this land, we now have these idiots pushing for a "Free Wales"

It frightens the life out of me, it is not the uneducated people up north and in the valleys that will kill the country!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

An Independent Wales on 23:31 - Jul 28 with 952 viewslondonlisa2001

An Independent Wales on 23:22 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

Bit of a hint, the thread is "An Independent Wales".

I realise your question was meant as a joke, both comparable in many ways but so different in many other ways. We could leave, hail the glory, ridicule England for years to come, become a proud stand alone nation..... But we would do so in a state that would never get better.

It wouldn't work.

I am not pro independence for Wales. Or at least, I haven’t been.

But an independent Wales within the EU would be more positive and prosperous than a combination of just England and Wales outside the EU. Ideally we’ll all stay as we are. But if not, the UK is finished anyway.

The bizarre thing to me of people loving GB, being proud to be ‘British’ yet wanting out of the EU is that the UK is exactly the same thing as the EU, just older. A political union of independent nations. The people currently waving Union flags around would have been the ones moaning about how awful it was that we were joining together to form GB a few hundred years ago.
An Independent Wales on 23:33 - Jul 28 with 946 viewsmagicdaps10

An Independent Wales on 23:26 - Jul 28 by Kilkennyjack

Other small European nations prosper.

I think you need to think again.

I don't need to think anymore about it, as a Welsh man, I don't want to be independent..... Not just for myself but for my children.

Many small European countries struggle, Wales would be added to that list.

An Independent Wales on 23:35 - Jul 28 with 938 viewsEbo

An Independent Wales on 23:26 - Jul 28 by longlostjack

10,000 signatures though Ebo - that’s not many.

That's a good number when you consider how young the movement is. Driving up to Aberaeron yesterday I saw a lot of Yes Cymru flags outside houses, a lot of posters in the town too.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

An Independent Wales on 23:38 - Jul 28 with 937 viewsmagicdaps10

An Independent Wales on 23:31 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

But an independent Wales within the EU would be more positive and prosperous than a combination of just England and Wales outside the EU. Ideally we’ll all stay as we are. But if not, the UK is finished anyway.

The bizarre thing to me of people loving GB, being proud to be ‘British’ yet wanting out of the EU is that the UK is exactly the same thing as the EU, just older. A political union of independent nations. The people currently waving Union flags around would have been the ones moaning about how awful it was that we were joining together to form GB a few hundred years ago.

What, like the prosperous Wales that has been in the EU for the last how many years albeit as part of the UK!!

An Independent Wales on 23:40 - Jul 28 with 935 viewsmagicdaps10

An Independent Wales on 23:35 - Jul 28 by Ebo

That's a good number when you consider how young the movement is. Driving up to Aberaeron yesterday I saw a lot of Yes Cymru flags outside houses, a lot of posters in the town too.

For the period it has been going for..... 10k is pretty shiit really and rightly so.

An Independent Wales on 23:41 - Jul 28 with 934 viewsKilkennyjack

An Independent Wales on 23:33 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

I don't need to think anymore about it, as a Welsh man, I don't want to be independent..... Not just for myself but for my children.

No they do pretty well ... you know like ...Monaco, Luxembourg, Estonia, Latvia, switzerland, ireland, denmark, iceland.

No country that left the British Empire has ever asked to rejoin.

Beware of the Risen People

An Independent Wales on 23:45 - Jul 28 with 928 viewsKilkennyjack

An Independent Wales on 23:38 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

What, like the prosperous Wales that has been in the EU for the last how many years albeit as part of the UK!!

The EU gave West Wales and Valleys structural funding because it was so poor.

London is the richest part, west wales the poorest.

Inequality in uk is far more than other EU nations.

The uk union is now dead.

Login to get fewer ads

An Independent Wales on 23:49 - Jul 28 with 924 viewsmagicdaps10

An Independent Wales on 23:45 - Jul 28 by Kilkennyjack

The EU gave West Wales and Valleys structural funding because it was so poor.

London is the richest part, west wales the poorest.

Inequality in uk is far more than other EU nations.

The uk union is now dead.

Jeez!!!!
It sounds like you are excited by the prospect!

An Independent Wales on 23:50 - Jul 28 with 920 viewslonglostjack

An Independent Wales on 23:31 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

I suppose the question is whether the political union of independent nations is perceived to be dominated by one of those nations. The election of old Etonian Boris will certainly have played into the SNP’s hands. Meanwhile Jango and his gang of merry men desperately try to portray the EU as being a German vehicle designed to succeed where Hitler failed.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

An Independent Wales on 23:51 - Jul 28 with 919 viewsmagicdaps10

An Independent Wales on 23:41 - Jul 28 by Kilkennyjack

No they do pretty well ... you know like ...Monaco, Luxembourg, Estonia, Latvia, switzerland, ireland, denmark, iceland.

No country that left the British Empire has ever asked to rejoin.

Ask to rejoin......... Brilliant 🤣.

An Independent Wales on 00:13 - Jul 29 with 896 viewssherpajacob

I visited Slovenia earlier this year.

A small country , 2 million population, beautiful scenery, renowned for their abundant fresh water supplies.

They seem extremely happy with their status as an independent nation within the EU.

Many said Slovakia was crazy to split from Czechoslovakia, but now Slovakia is doing just as well as the Czech republic.

Westminster rule has left large parts of Wales eligible for objective one funding, No such regions exist in Denmark, another small country, whose only land border is with a European economic powerhouse.

It's many years away, but a successful independent Scotland and United Ireland will bring it much, much closer.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

An Independent Wales on 00:16 - Jul 29 with 893 viewslondonlisa2001

An Independent Wales on 23:38 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

I think if it becomes England and Wales alone outside the EU it will get far worse.

Wales is becoming more prosperous. The issue is that, as in the UK as a whole, it is not being shared out equally but concentrated on Cardiff and the Vale.
An Independent Wales on 00:19 - Jul 29 with 891 viewsBytholWyn

An Independent Wales on 23:33 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

I think you'd struggle to name one small European country within the EU that struggles. You need to get with the times: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

All these countries in Europe with populations of less than 10 million with a higher GDP per capita than the UK: Luxembourg, Ireland, Norway, Switzerland, San Marino, Iceland, Sweden, Austria, Denmark and Finland. Add Belgium and the Netherlands with populations of under 20 million. In the early 70s Wales had a much higher GDP per capita than Ireland - what does that say about the effects of decades of UK government disinvestment?

I was at the march on Saturday - it was a real eye-opener to meet people who I wouldn't have expected to be there - as attracted by the positive message of the Yes Cymru message as they are repulsed by the likes of Johnson and Farage. If the UK is to survive then it has to manifest attractive qualities and values. At the moment progressives (Welsh, English, or any other nationality) are repulsed by what the UK - and England in particular - is becoming.

One other thing. If we end up with a hard Brexit, the chances of an independent Scotland will increase significantly, as will the prospects of an united Ireland. If those events come to pass it would be unsurprising if the English, in a fit of pique reflecting the sentiment driving Brexit, decide they want to get rid of "sponging" Wales. I can hear the sputtering at that thought from here...
An Independent Wales on 00:24 - Jul 29 with 881 viewssherpajacob

An Independent Wales on 00:19 - Jul 29 by BytholWyn

I think you'd struggle to name one small European country within the EU that struggles. You need to get with the times: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

All these countries in Europe with populations of less than 10 million with a higher GDP per capita than the UK: Luxembourg, Ireland, Norway, Switzerland, San Marino, Iceland, Sweden, Austria, Denmark and Finland. Add Belgium and the Netherlands with populations of under 20 million. In the early 70s Wales had a much higher GDP per capita than Ireland - what does that say about the effects of decades of UK government disinvestment?

I was at the march on Saturday - it was a real eye-opener to meet people who I wouldn't have expected to be there - as attracted by the positive message of the Yes Cymru message as they are repulsed by the likes of Johnson and Farage. If the UK is to survive then it has to manifest attractive qualities and values. At the moment progressives (Welsh, English, or any other nationality) are repulsed by what the UK - and England in particular - is becoming.

One other thing. If we end up with a hard Brexit, the chances of an independent Scotland will increase significantly, as will the prospects of an united Ireland. If those events come to pass it would be unsurprising if the English, in a fit of pique reflecting the sentiment driving Brexit, decide they want to get rid of "sponging" Wales. I can hear the sputtering at that thought from here...

England to declare independence from Wales.

Good luck to them with that.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/how-lon

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

An Independent Wales on 00:25 - Jul 29 with 880 viewslonglostjack

An Independent Wales on 23:35 - Jul 28 by Ebo

Fair enough. From small acorns ....

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

An Independent Wales on 00:48 - Jul 29 with 863 viewsBrynmill_Jack

An Independent Wales on 23:22 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

Bit of a hint, the thread is "An Independent Wales".

I realise your question was meant as a joke, both comparable in many ways but so different in many other ways. We could leave, hail the glory, ridicule England for years to come, become a proud stand alone nation..... But we would do so in a state that would never get better.

It wouldn't work.

If these inward looking non internationalist b*rstards take power I’m off to Cyprus

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

An Independent Wales on 06:29 - Jul 29 with 803 viewsbuilthjack

An Independent Wales on 00:48 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

If these inward looking non internationalist b*rstards take power I’m off to Cyprus

North or South?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

An Independent Wales on 06:33 - Jul 29 with 803 viewsDr_Winston

It's remarkable how much "Welsh Nationalism" is driven by anti-English sentiment rather than pro-Welsh.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

An Independent Wales on 07:02 - Jul 29 with 792 viewsraynor94

An Independent Wales on 22:17 - Jul 28 by jackharris

Why in world would we want to break away from our true capital of London. There are 70,000 Welsh people living and working in cash rich London. Why would we want to be run by a government centred in Cardiff? A government where drug residue was found within the toilets. A government where a man was driven to commit suicide because of the mis-handling of accusations. North Wales would then want devolution from South Wales. Where does it stop? I would rather my government to be in London and not being an Independent Wales run by the EU. The EU is finished... We can influence the government in London. Wales in the EU would be so tiny and forgotten about. Once Brexit happens, things will go back to normal with the Political parties. Hopefully Corbyn will be gone and Labour will be able to offer a leader who we can get behind.

I’m Welsh but I’m also very British. I lived in London for 10 years and I’m very proud to be Welsh and British. I would like to refer back to the Olympics in 2012, I was extremely proud to be British.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 22:19]

Outstanding post, I'm Welsh but also British and proud of it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

An Independent Wales on 07:37 - Jul 29 with 774 viewsKilkennyjack

An Independent Wales on 23:49 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

Jeez!!!!
It sounds like you are excited by the prospect!

Well i think the welsh people deserve a fair deal, and it looks like progressive change is needed to achieve it.

If people think Boris the clown gives a toss about Wales (why would he ?), then they are seriously misled.

Ireland is doing much better than wales. Why ?

An Independent Wales on 07:42 - Jul 29 with 770 viewsKilkennyjack

An Independent Wales on 00:48 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree, the Brexit Party are dreadful people.

An Independent Wales on 07:49 - Jul 29 with 759 viewsYossarian

An Independent Wales on 07:37 - Jul 29 by Kilkennyjack

Well i think the welsh people deserve a fair deal, and it looks like progressive change is needed to achieve it.

If people think Boris the clown gives a toss about Wales (why would he ?), then they are seriously misled.

Ireland is doing much better than wales. Why ?

An idea that, in theory might have momentarily held some appeal to our eighteen year old selves. With maturity should come a realisation as to what is feasible, practicable and indeed desirable. I would accept that a unified state in Ireland is an inevitability, based on demographics more than anything else- but this will never be feasible on any practical level in the case of Wales- and speaking personally, neither would it be desirable.
Perhaps Kilkenny, as you hold a sense of dual identity, whether contrived or otherwise, you might feel more comfortable living in ‘The Free State’ with an Irish Passport? I would encourage you to live your dream of living in a State that will inevitably be devoid of British institutions and governance. You will certainly not realise that dream here.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

An Independent Wales on 07:49 - Jul 29 with 759 viewsKilkennyjack

An Independent Wales on 06:33 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

It's remarkable how much "Welsh Nationalism" is driven by anti-English sentiment rather than pro-Welsh.

Its remarkable that nothing in this thread is anti English.

Using facts to show that Wales is poor is not anti English. Its just fact.

An Independent Wales on 08:38 - Jul 29 with 728 viewsVincent_Vega

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49127308

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024