Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Felindre Park and Ride 11:21 - Jul 30 with 1633 viewsjackharris

My brother is thinking of using the Felindre Park and Ride on Saturday because it is close to where he lives? He asked me to get some more information regarding it’s practicality.

We know it is £10 a car (he’s minted) and you have to get the return bus from the compound immediately after the match and you form part of the Away fan convoy.

The things he would like to know are...
1) How frequent are the buses leaving the Felindre Site?
2) Where do the Park and Ride coaches drop people off before the game (is it in the Away compound?)?
3) After the match do the buses come back at regular intervals? Where do they leave from (is it still the compound?)?
4) Any other information that might be helpful that we haven’t thought about?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Felindre Park and Ride on 12:16 - Jul 30 with 1548 views3swan

Can't help much with an up to date position but did use it twice 3 seasons ago.

I think they leave Felindre about every 20 mins but did seem as if they waited a bit longer to have enough fans on board.

Dropped off at the slip road entrance behind the NW corner.
Leave from the compound, drop off at Felindre and then straight back to the stadium.

Depending on the reason he wants to use it but it did seem a bit of a wait after the game before starting off with the away fans.

Could get away quicker by car depending where parking etc

From memory there was a mixture of home and away fans on the bus
Felindre Park and Ride on 12:25 - Jul 30 with 1514 viewsProfessor

More generally-any parking recommendations for Saturday- use the Zeelo from Bridgend for the games I saw last season. Last time I drove was Leicester in October '17
Felindre Park and Ride on 13:53 - Jul 30 with 1379 viewsjackharris

Felindre Park and Ride on 12:16 - Jul 30 by 3swan

Can't help much with an up to date position but did use it twice 3 seasons ago.

I think they leave Felindre about every 20 mins but did seem as if they waited a bit longer to have enough fans on board.

Dropped off at the slip road entrance behind the NW corner.
Leave from the compound, drop off at Felindre and then straight back to the stadium.

Depending on the reason he wants to use it but it did seem a bit of a wait after the game before starting off with the away fans.

Could get away quicker by car depending where parking etc

From memory there was a mixture of home and away fans on the bus

Thank-you 3swan.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

Felindre Park and Ride on 13:53 - Jul 30 with 1379 views3swan

Felindre Park and Ride on 12:25 - Jul 30 by Professor

More generally-any parking recommendations for Saturday- use the Zeelo from Bridgend for the games I saw last season. Last time I drove was Leicester in October '17

Depends on your plans, What time getting there and how quick to get away.

If you are very early then Cwm Level Rd is an option

Before 1.30 I've used a mixture of paid parking across the road at Pic Up Spares or the Battery Centre

Or free on Beaufort Rd by the Indoor Bowls/Day's etc and then walk along the river pathway to the stadium but unless you want a very long walk you need to be there by about 1.15.
Don't park on the grass as you could get a parking ticket .
Felindre Park and Ride on 13:55 - Jul 30 with 1373 views3swan

Felindre Park and Ride on 13:53 - Jul 30 by jackharris

Thank-you 3swan.

No problem.

Just a thought, being the first game of the season, and the numbers Hull might bring, the wait after the game could be a bit longer.
Felindre Park and Ride on 14:12 - Jul 30 with 1339 viewsdulaisvalleyjack

what happened to lyte ladders match day parking
Felindre Park and Ride on 14:17 - Jul 30 with 1328 viewsairedale

Felindre Park and Ride on 14:12 - Jul 30 by dulaisvalleyjack

what happened to lyte ladders match day parking

Perhaps time has rung the changes for them.
Felindre Park and Ride on 19:42 - Jul 30 with 1164 viewsSTID2017

Felindre Park and Ride on 13:53 - Jul 30 by 3swan

Depends on your plans, What time getting there and how quick to get away.

If you are very early then Cwm Level Rd is an option

Before 1.30 I've used a mixture of paid parking across the road at Pic Up Spares or the Battery Centre

Or free on Beaufort Rd by the Indoor Bowls/Day's etc and then walk along the river pathway to the stadium but unless you want a very long walk you need to be there by about 1.15.
Don't park on the grass as you could get a parking ticket .

I got booked twice on the grass at Beaufort Road. Not worth the risk

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Felindre Park and Ride on 21:38 - Jul 30 with 1101 viewsbiggar

I use the landore social club car park. Think it’s a fiver. Don’t know who he is but in my opinion the man on the car park is a legend.
Only 5 minutes walk.
Felindre Park and Ride on 01:06 - Jul 31 with 1030 viewsJacket

Why on earth would you pay £10 to go up there when there are plenty of places to park for £5 - £6 near the ground? If I'm early enough I usually park on the street off Neath Road on Pentre Mawr or the bottom of Vivian St or Bowen St. Failing that, Pentrehafod school for £5 or on the Industrial Estate next to the Liberty. Sometimes though, if I fancy a walk, I walk in from town along the cycle track or even along Neath Road and down High Street. What I would never consider doing though is going to the park and ride.
Felindre Park and Ride on 20:19 - Jul 31 with 873 viewsjackharris

Anyone else use the Park and Ride at Felindre?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024