Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes 16:18 - Jul 30 with 1772 viewsjackharris

Has been named club captain 2019/20. Well deserved.

Matt Grimes named Swansea City captain

Matt Grimes says he is privileged and honoured to lead Swansea City after being chosen as club captain for the 2019-20 season. The 24-year-old midfielder — named Swans’ Player of the Year last term — has been handed the armband by head coach Steve Cooper ahead of Saturday’s Championship opener against Hull at the Liberty.

Having enjoyed an outstanding season, making 50 appearances and scoring two goals, he has led the Swans in friendly wins over Exeter and Atalanta during pre-season. But the former Exeter man was still surprised when Swans boss Cooper called him to formally offer him the captaincy.

“I am buzzing. It came as a bit of a surprise, to be honest, but I am more than happy to take on the responsibilities and be more of a leader on and off the pitch,” said Grimes. “I am massively honoured. To be captain of any club is a big deal, but to be captain of a club like Swansea City really is a privilege and an honour.

[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 16:19]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Matt Grimes on 21:29 - Jul 30 with 367 viewsItchySphincter

Matt Grimes on 21:21 - Jul 30 by Oldjack

Prove it ,you're duller than dishwater mun and clueless about football matters

Obviously not Anal.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Matt Grimes on 21:29 - Jul 30 with 366 viewsPentyrchJack

His mum must be pleased.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Matt Grimes on 22:35 - Jul 30 with 300 viewsLeonWasGod

Matt Grimes on 21:14 - Jul 30 by dickythorpe

Could be the making of him. Good Luck yjb!!!!

I think that’s the aim. Good season last year, but has he got that extra bit of arrogance and bite that could turn him from a good, tidy player into a very good one?
Matt Grimes on 23:06 - Jul 30 with 260 viewsjackrmee

Matt Grimes on 22:35 - Jul 30 by LeonWasGod

I think that’s the aim. Good season last year, but has he got that extra bit of arrogance and bite that could turn him from a good, tidy player into a very good one?

He's next year's 20million man

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024