Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie gone... 16:18 - Jul 30 with 26641 viewsThrasher6

On twitter

https://twitter.com/SportingLifeFC
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 16:20]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

McBurnie gone... on 21:07 - Jul 30 with 1801 viewsGaryjack

McBurnie gone... on 20:38 - Jul 30 by Bobblehat

Problem being football is now a business, let's say we turn 20 million down oli has a really poor season because there's no guarantee he's going to get 20 goals this season football don't guarantee you anything or 1st couple of games he does his acl, fact is every single one of our fan's will be jumping up and down saying we should of taken the 20 million.

Oli is no where near a 20 million pound player he's only worth that to us because we have nobody else
Just hope they put a 'sell on clause' in his contract because he may go on to bigger and better things again no guarantees.

Did Danny Graham really make the step up with us? I think you'll find his goal scoring record in the prem with us was awful, i wouldn't call that making a step up more like he was just turning up.

14 goals in 34 appearances is an awful return? Including a league cup semi final goal at Chelsea which virtually won the tie for us? Fvck my eyes!
McBurnie gone... on 21:08 - Jul 30 with 1802 viewsswan_si

McBurnie gone... on 21:01 - Jul 30 by Bobblehat

Michu was different gravy but yes look how his career turned out.

Yeah but I'm sure a £20 million price tag was mentioned in his golden year, following season he was crocked, not having a go at Michu one bit, quality player, loved his time with us.
McBurnie gone... on 21:12 - Jul 30 with 1753 viewsvetchonian

July 2011, Graham transferred to newly promoted Premier League team Swansea City for £3.5 million, where in his first season he was their top goalscorer with 12 league goals.

From wikedpedia......so he just turned up?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

McBurnie gone... on 21:13 - Jul 30 with 1742 viewsbermudajack

McBurnie gone... on 21:06 - Jul 30 by monmouth

Indeed. Even on his way out he scored THAT goal at Chelsea.

£17M plus add on’s - minus the £3M to Whoever we bought him from - sell on...
He’s actually gonna go for £14M
Food for thought 🤔

Poll: Priority for new manager?

McBurnie gone... on 21:14 - Jul 30 with 1718 viewsswancity

McBurnie gone... on 20:59 - Jul 30 by ItchySphincter

He was excellent for us in the Premier League.

He certainly wasn’t “excellent”

He did ok. No more no less.

He’s never really been quite good enough for the Premier League as his later record of one goal in 30 plus games for Sunderland showed.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

McBurnie gone... on 21:17 - Jul 30 with 1662 viewsBobblehat

McBurnie gone... on 21:14 - Jul 30 by swancity

He’s never really been quite good enough for the Premier League as his later record of one goal in 30 plus games for Sunderland showed.

Finally someone with a bit of football knowledge👍 he worked hard for the team and always give 100% and like you said he was ok.
McBurnie gone... on 21:19 - Jul 30 with 1629 viewsBobblehat

McBurnie gone... on 21:07 - Jul 30 by Garyjack

14 goals in 34 appearances is an awful return? Including a league cup semi final goal at Chelsea which virtually won the tie for us? Fvck my eyes!

Sorry batman danny Graham was a goal machine for us😂😂 "FVCK MY EYES🤯😉
McBurnie gone... on 21:20 - Jul 30 with 1629 viewsItchySphincter

He was excellent and only went off the boil when Siggy came in and took up the space he worked best in. Brilliant foil for Michu and scored goals everywhere he’s been, but he was more than goals for us. A very intelligent footballer.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie gone... on 21:21 - Jul 30 with 1610 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie gone... on 21:17 - Jul 30 by Bobblehat

Finally someone with a bit of football knowledge👍 he worked hard for the team and always give 100% and like you said he was ok.

He was still our top scorer in that first season with us.....

McBurnie gone... on 21:21 - Jul 30 with 1607 viewsswancity

McBurnie gone... on 21:20 - Jul 30 by ItchySphincter

He was excellent and only went off the boil when Siggy came in and took up the space he worked best in. Brilliant foil for Michu and scored goals everywhere he’s been, but he was more than goals for us. A very intelligent footballer.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

McBurnie gone... on 21:23 - Jul 30 with 1587 viewsGaryjack

Nobody cares what he did with Sunderland or whether he was really good enough for the Prem.
But he certainly stepped up to the plate in a side that was 2/9 on to go down. So yes he was 'excellent', just like Stephen Caulker, Mark Gower and Luke Moore who weren't Prem standard either, but were excellent for us that season.
McBurnie gone... on 21:24 - Jul 30 with 1579 viewsjackrmee

McBurnie gone... on 20:56 - Jul 30 by longlostjack

James will make it. I’m far less sure about McBurnie. If we were to reinvest the money and had targets lined up I’d say sell at £ 20m. The problem is that we won’t, so we’d just be weakening the team.

Why get a top notch head of recruitment in then, if he's not going to be allowed to buy anyone?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

McBurnie gone... on 21:24 - Jul 30 with 1578 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie gone... on 21:23 - Jul 30 by Garyjack

Nobody cares what he did with Sunderland or whether he was really good enough for the Prem.
But he certainly stepped up to the plate in a side that was 2/9 on to go down. So yes he was 'excellent', just like Stephen Caulker, Mark Gower and Luke Moore who weren't Prem standard either, but were excellent for us that season.

Good post.

This Swancity fella watches different games to me, he must do.
McBurnie gone... on 21:24 - Jul 30 with 1568 viewsItchySphincter

McBurnie gone... on 21:21 - Jul 30 by swancity

You obviously weren’t there. 👍

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

McBurnie gone... on 21:25 - Jul 30 with 1552 viewsjackrmee

McBurnie gone... on 21:13 - Jul 30 by bermudajack

£17M plus add on’s - minus the £3M to Whoever we bought him from - sell on...
He’s actually gonna go for £14M
Food for thought 🤔

Exactly. And that's shit.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

McBurnie gone... on 21:27 - Jul 30 with 1532 views34dfgdf54

Rumours going around he’s rejected the move on social media.

Probably b0llocks but you never know.
McBurnie gone... on 21:27 - Jul 30 with 1526 viewsGaryjack

McBurnie gone... on 21:19 - Jul 30 by Bobblehat

Sorry batman danny Graham was a goal machine for us😂😂 "FVCK MY EYES🤯😉

No probs Robin! HOLY GOAL MACHINE!
McBurnie gone... on 21:28 - Jul 30 with 1522 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie gone... on 21:24 - Jul 30 by 34dfgdf54

Good post.

This Swancity fella watches different games to me, he must do.

Like a lot of the posters on here

McBurnie gone... on 21:31 - Jul 30 with 1472 viewsjackrmee

McBurnie gone... on 21:27 - Jul 30 by 34dfgdf54

Rumours going around he’s rejected the move on social media.

Probably b0llocks but you never know.

That would be immense!

McBurnie gone... on 21:31 - Jul 30 with 1473 viewsBobblehat

McBurnie gone... on 21:23 - Jul 30 by Garyjack

I agree to a certain extent but i would say they were excellent team players not individual's they knew each other's game. Danny Graham was a very good team player but as an individual he was bang average
McBurnie gone... on 21:39 - Jul 30 with 1368 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie gone... on 21:31 - Jul 30 by Bobblehat

I agree to a certain extent but i would say they were excellent team players not individual's they knew each other's game. Danny Graham was a very good team player but as an individual he was bang average

And that was the secret to our success on the way up......n.. o Bertie big bollocks...players who played to the system but who could play football.

It all changed

McBurnie gone... on 21:39 - Jul 30 with 1358 viewsGaryjack

McBurnie gone... on 21:31 - Jul 30 by Bobblehat

"Did Danny Graham really make the step up with us? I think you'll find his goal scoring record in the prem with us was awful, i wouldn't call that making a step up more like he was just turning up."

That's quite a turn around in just one hour mind!
McBurnie gone... on 21:47 - Jul 30 with 1253 viewsBobblehat

McBurnie gone... on 21:39 - Jul 30 by Garyjack

"Did Danny Graham really make the step up with us? I think you'll find his goal scoring record in the prem with us was awful, i wouldn't call that making a step up more like he was just turning up."

That's quite a turn around in just one hour mind!

Turn around pls explain???????
He worked hard always give 100% very good team player but he weren't excellent.
I call players like michu,bony in his 1st season excellent danny Graham isn't in the same league
McBurnie gone... on 21:50 - Jul 30 with 1213 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie gone... on 21:28 - Jul 30 by vetchonian

Like a lot of the posters on here

Yeah which is actually a good sign.
McBurnie gone... on 22:01 - Jul 30 with 1114 viewsGaryjack

McBurnie gone... on 21:47 - Jul 30 by Bobblehat

Turn around pls explain???????
He worked hard always give 100% very good team player but he weren't excellent.
I call players like michu,bony in his 1st season excellent danny Graham isn't in the same league

I didn't say he was in that league! But i didn't say he 'just turned up' either! You did. Then within an hour you backtracked and said he was a very good team player who always gave a 100%! Do you see where we are going here?

Fact is he scored 14 goals in 34 games for us which was an excellent return that season. He stepped up to the plate. Now put that spade away Ffs!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024