Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie gone... 16:18 - Jul 30 with 26744 viewsThrasher6

On twitter

https://twitter.com/SportingLifeFC
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 16:20]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

McBurnie gone... on 00:33 - Jul 31 with 2534 viewshuwrichards57

I tell you what though it is reassuring to have the knowledge of Scott - and of course Cooper - to help us source some firepower to replace Oli if he does go.

Imagine if it did happen they'd free up the funds for Palmer and then hopefully Scott and Cooper will have a proper number 9 lined up to come in sharpish too.
McBurnie gone... on 05:05 - Jul 31 with 2319 viewsItchySphincter

McBurnie gone... on 23:41 - Jul 30 by djdancarter

True - however from what I’ve seen on Twitter he is normally spot on.

He isn’t. Law of averages says he’ll get one right now and again though.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

McBurnie gone... on 05:19 - Jul 31 with 2302 viewsHip

I really hope they hold out for 20+ mil plus add ons.
McBurnie gone... on 06:59 - Jul 31 with 2121 viewsyescomeon

McBurnie gone... on 21:13 - Jul 30 by bermudajack

£17M plus add on’s - minus the £3M to Whoever we bought him from - sell on...
He’s actually gonna go for £14M
Food for thought 🤔

I'm sure the club said only 20% of transfer income will be available for transfers. So £2.8 million for a replacement, we'll struggle to find a replacement for that. Just not worth selling for me, especially if he doesn't want to go.

Upthecity!

McBurnie gone... on 07:12 - Jul 31 with 2058 viewspencoedjack

McBurnie gone... on 05:19 - Jul 31 by Hip

I really hope they hold out for 20+ mil plus add ons.

If add ons involve Sheff Utd staying up we will never receive anything.
McBurnie gone... on 07:16 - Jul 31 with 2046 viewsSWANSEYE

Heard the stumbling block is that Sheffield have offered him 50k per week but dropping to 25k per week if they get relegated which would mean he would be on less than he is now if they do go down plus with all the Strikers he would NOT be guaranteed game time which would NOT enhance his International Career
McBurnie gone... on 07:19 - Jul 31 with 2031 viewsbermudajack

McBurnie gone... on 06:59 - Jul 31 by yescomeon

I'm sure the club said only 20% of transfer income will be available for transfers. So £2.8 million for a replacement, we'll struggle to find a replacement for that. Just not worth selling for me, especially if he doesn't want to go.

The most sickening part is our failure to offload the deadwood this summer... which has led to this...The money from this sale will go straight to the pockets of A.Ayew, T.Carrol, J. Montero & B.Baston...😡
Any chance of success depends on suitable replacements or are we actually considering just going play the above 4 ?
seeing as we’re paying them anyway...
Cheers Huw 👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

McBurnie gone... on 07:29 - Jul 31 with 1990 viewsHighjack

McBurnie gone... on 05:05 - Jul 31 by ItchySphincter

He isn’t. Law of averages says he’ll get one right now and again though.

Yeah he’s like a cold reader. “Someone elderly died in your family and sometimes you worry about money”.

“Bloody hell this guy is spot on about everything.”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie gone... on 07:37 - Jul 31 with 1956 viewsDr_Winston

Danny Graham did a thoroughly decent job for us in the Prem. Not awesome, but effective and the volume of goals he scored in the first season certainly went a long way towards ensuring our survival. Denigrating that is a bit silly to be honest.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

McBurnie gone... on 07:47 - Jul 31 with 1904 viewsPrivate_Partz

McBurnie gone... on 00:33 - Jul 31 by huwrichards57

I tell you what though it is reassuring to have the knowledge of Scott - and of course Cooper - to help us source some firepower to replace Oli if he does go.

Imagine if it did happen they'd free up the funds for Palmer and then hopefully Scott and Cooper will have a proper number 9 lined up to come in sharpish too.

How long until the window closes? How long until the season starts?
Ollie had been part of Cooper's plans from the off.
To sell him now makes a mockery of pre season planning.
He should stay and Sheffield should be told to do one until the next window.
Another example of the Yanks undermining our manager for their own financial ends and to the detriment of the club.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

McBurnie gone... on 07:54 - Jul 31 with 1866 viewsswan65split

McBurnie gone... on 07:47 - Jul 31 by Private_Partz

How long until the window closes? How long until the season starts?
Ollie had been part of Cooper's plans from the off.
To sell him now makes a mockery of pre season planning.
He should stay and Sheffield should be told to do one until the next window.
Another example of the Yanks undermining our manager for their own financial ends and to the detriment of the club.

20 mill........plus a Hedge fund....= Due diligence.......thanks Huw and friends.
McBurnie gone... on 07:56 - Jul 31 with 1860 viewsswan65split

McBurnie gone... on 22:30 - Jul 30 by Nortbankboy

He was lucky he played in a good team.
Even i could have scored a few goals playing in that team

Only goals you'd score would be OG.
McBurnie gone... on 08:24 - Jul 31 with 1704 viewsjack247

McBurnie gone... on 07:37 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

Danny Graham did a thoroughly decent job for us in the Prem. Not awesome, but effective and the volume of goals he scored in the first season certainly went a long way towards ensuring our survival. Denigrating that is a bit silly to be honest.

I thought he was a very good striker for us. His goal return was decent, but he also created a lot for the likes of Sigurdsson with his intelligent, selfless runs. Dragging defenders wide and creating time for other to shoot or gaps for them to run into.

His problem, as far as looking back goes, is he wasn’t Michu or Bony standard.
McBurnie gone... on 08:34 - Jul 31 with 1649 viewsjackrmee

McBurnie gone... on 07:16 - Jul 31 by SWANSEYE

Heard the stumbling block is that Sheffield have offered him 50k per week but dropping to 25k per week if they get relegated which would mean he would be on less than he is now if they do go down plus with all the Strikers he would NOT be guaranteed game time which would NOT enhance his International Career

I thought Oli was on about £15k with us?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

McBurnie gone... on 08:38 - Jul 31 with 1616 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

McBurnie gone... on 07:54 - Jul 31 by swan65split

20 mill........plus a Hedge fund....= Due diligence.......thanks Huw and friends.

Yes,

We'll get some platitudes from Birch, but no re-investment of the £20M. Birch will point at Ayew's and Baston's wages etc.
As you say you can't blame the Hedge Fund they are there to make money for themselves, Jenkins and the sell-outs have shafted us.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

McBurnie gone... on 08:42 - Jul 31 with 1593 viewsBryanSwan

Don't understand all the hate for D.Graham on here, in our first season in the prem he notched over double figures to help keep us up. For any strikers first season in the top flight id say double figures is a good mark.
Although he may not be a excellent footballer. He was an excellent footballer for us.
As have most of the strikers that followed him to be fair.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

McBurnie gone... on 08:44 - Jul 31 with 1581 viewsjackrmee

McBurnie gone... on 08:42 - Jul 31 by BryanSwan

Don't understand all the hate for D.Graham on here, in our first season in the prem he notched over double figures to help keep us up. For any strikers first season in the top flight id say double figures is a good mark.
Although he may not be a excellent footballer. He was an excellent footballer for us.
As have most of the strikers that followed him to be fair.

People have short memories and once a player leaves it's "fuk em". Poor outlook imo

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

McBurnie gone... on 08:53 - Jul 31 with 1532 viewsSWANSEYE

McBurnie gone... on 08:34 - Jul 31 by jackrmee

I thought Oli was on about £15k with us?

Around £30m currently
McBurnie gone... on 08:54 - Jul 31 with 1524 viewsjackrmee

08:53
BREAKING NEWS

We understand Sheffield United have agreed a £17m deal, rising to £20m, with Swansea for striker Oli McBurnie.

It’s the fourth time this window that United have broken their transfer record.

McBurnie gone... on 08:56 - Jul 31 with 1516 viewskarnataka

McBurnie gone... on 08:53 - Jul 31 by SWANSEYE

Around £30m currently

I hope not!
McBurnie gone... on 09:00 - Jul 31 with 1490 viewskarnataka

On his way for a medical

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9622238/ollie-mcburnie-sheff-utd-medical
McBurnie gone... on 09:04 - Jul 31 with 1443 viewsGaz_M

McBurnie gone... on 09:00 - Jul 31 by karnataka

On his way for a medical

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9622238/ollie-mcburnie-sheff-utd-medical

If indeed it is 20m, then its good money for a player who will probably struggle if he's played as a number 9 with little support.
McBurnie gone... on 09:12 - Jul 31 with 1380 viewsSWANSEYE

BREAKING NEWS

We understand Sheffield United have agreed a £17m deal, rising to £20m, with Swansea for striker Oli McBurnie.

It’s the fourth time this window that United have broken their transfer record.
McBurnie gone... on 09:17 - Jul 31 with 1337 views3swan

McBurnie gone... on 09:04 - Jul 31 by Gaz_M

If indeed it is 20m, then its good money for a player who will probably struggle if he's played as a number 9 with little support.

We'll never know the full details of the deal but I doubt we will get much of the add ons. Take away the 15% profit that Bradford City are reportedly due then it will be more like £15m. Not bad I suppose as there isn't a bidding war with any other clubs
McBurnie gone... on 09:23 - Jul 31 with 1279 viewsN_T_J

McBurnie gone... on 09:04 - Jul 31 by Gaz_M

If Shef U go down we will only get 14.5m as we have to give Bradford 15% of the sale around 2.5m.

The 3m add on is if Sheffield United stay up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024