Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie gone... 16:18 - Jul 30 with 26633 viewsThrasher6

On twitter

https://twitter.com/SportingLifeFC
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 16:20]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

McBurnie gone... on 10:10 - Jul 31 with 2542 viewsmajorraglan

McBurnie gone... on 10:05 - Jul 31 by AngelRangelQS

McBurnie hasn't even been sold yet, let alone replaced with "basically nothing".

So far, we've lost CCV (replaced with Wilmot) and James (replaced with Peterson by the looks of things).

Add in Fer, Olsson, Narsingh (albeit he didn’t play) from last seasons squad plus there were others like Jordan Ayew.

Th3se needed to go for various reasons but the squad is very young and could do with a bit of reinforcing.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 10:12]
McBurnie gone... on 10:15 - Jul 31 with 2477 viewsGaz_M

McBurnie gone... on 10:04 - Jul 31 by Headmaster

What the f*ck are you talking about now? We have three strikers at present: McBurnie, Borja, and Baker-Richardson. One is injured, one is on the verge of leaving, and one is on extortionate wages. It's not f*cking rocket science.

Routledge is ahead of Baker-Richardson in the pecking order.
McBurnie gone... on 10:17 - Jul 31 with 2461 viewsAngelRangelQS

McBurnie gone... on 10:10 - Jul 31 by majorraglan

Add in Fer, Olsson, Narsingh (albeit he didn’t play) from last seasons squad plus there were others like Jordan Ayew.

Th3se needed to go for various reasons but the squad is very young and could do with a bit of reinforcing.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 10:12]

Ah I'd forgotten about those!

Olsson has been replaced by Bidwell in that case, although obviously he missed most of the season didnt he? (Can't remember when he got injured)

We need someone in the Fer mould... then again I thought we needed that even when Fer was here, given how awful he was.
McBurnie gone... on 10:20 - Jul 31 with 2438 viewsBryanSwan

McBurnie gone... on 10:02 - Jul 31 by sainthelens

Optimism is fine when not misplaced. The point is how can the owners talk about promotion when we are selling the best players and replaced with basically nothing. Not brain surgery is it really.

Didn't Norwich do the exact same for a few seasons when they came down. Set up the backroom right and then made a team to challenge.
The replacement is obviously a concern, hopefully when the deal has gone through we will see another player or two come in.
Can't really be too critical untill after the window closes.
Until that point I am still optimistic of our chances, especially if Borja can carry on from pre season.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

McBurnie gone... on 10:22 - Jul 31 with 2402 viewssainthelens

McBurnie gone... on 10:20 - Jul 31 by BryanSwan

Didn't Norwich do the exact same for a few seasons when they came down. Set up the backroom right and then made a team to challenge.
The replacement is obviously a concern, hopefully when the deal has gone through we will see another player or two come in.
Until that point I am still optimistic of our chances, especially if Borja can carry on from pre season.

Slight difference, Norwich have owners who actually care for the club.
McBurnie gone... on 10:24 - Jul 31 with 2388 viewsAngelRangelQS

McBurnie gone... on 10:20 - Jul 31 by BryanSwan

Most (normal) Championship clubs would accept £17m or whatever it is for OMB.

As good a player as he is, he isn't worth that much to us.
McBurnie gone... on 10:29 - Jul 31 with 2336 viewsBobblehat

McBurnie gone... on 10:22 - Jul 31 by sainthelens

Our owners could be far worse 'FACT' you've only got to look at Bolton and Bury to tell you that
McBurnie gone... on 10:52 - Jul 31 with 2175 viewsjack247

McBurnie gone... on 10:29 - Jul 31 by Bobblehat

Our owners could be far worse 'FACT' you've only got to look at Bolton and Bury to tell you that

That’s true. Our owners can look themselves in the mirror and honestly say they are better than Boltons.
Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie gone... on 11:01 - Jul 31 with 2099 viewsPrivate_Partz

McBurnie gone... on 09:45 - Jul 31 by Jango

No championship club turns down that money for a player mun. It’s the whole point in a club our side having an academy.

That may be the case. The problem is accepting this deal so late on in the season is going to eff us up big time.
We would need to spend what we are getting to replace him.
Or have we now got such a good scouting team that a better and cheaper replacment is waiting to pull the shirt on?
Anything us possible but I very much doubt it.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

McBurnie gone... on 11:03 - Jul 31 with 2077 viewsshandyjack

McBurnie gone... on 11:01 - Jul 31 by Private_Partz

That may be the case. The problem is accepting this deal so late on in the season is going to eff us up big time.
We would need to spend what we are getting to replace him.
Or have we now got such a good scouting team that a better and cheaper replacment is waiting to pull the shirt on?
Anything us possible but I very much doubt it.

not the boards fauly the offer came when it did, still a week left in the window, could have been worse and been offered and accepted on last day of window

Poll: Expectation for the season

McBurnie gone... on 11:07 - Jul 31 with 2044 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie gone... on 10:22 - Jul 31 by sainthelens

Yeah like we once did apparantly!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

McBurnie gone... on 11:14 - Jul 31 with 1988 viewsNotLoyal

McBurnie gone... on 10:07 - Jul 31 by QJumpingJack

Sky Sports News are running the story that the deal has been agreed. 17m

It's clear he's gone, it's Wednesday before an alleged promotion push season and there's actually people on here who reckon that's a good thing ...

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

McBurnie gone... on 11:20 - Jul 31 with 1942 viewsKGriz16

Great business. Big miss however. I'm gutted. He gave his all for us! Congratulations Ollie. Curious, and I mean very curious, as to what this means for Baston? Let's wait and see.. COME ON THE SWANS!!! Buzzing for Saturday!
McBurnie gone... on 11:37 - Jul 31 with 1819 viewsSTID2017

McBurnie gone... on 11:14 - Jul 31 by NotLoyal

It's clear he's gone, it's Wednesday before an alleged promotion push season and there's actually people on here who reckon that's a good thing ...

Not good, but it's better than selling him at the end of the season for £12 or £15 million I suppose.
There again as most of the transfer fee won't be reinvested then probably makes little difference.
Cooper probably been planning for a while to play without him

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

McBurnie gone... on 11:40 - Jul 31 with 1803 viewsDr_Winston

McBurnie gone... on 10:04 - Jul 31 by NotLoyal

I agree feeds players but I see no proof of any financial hangover.

There's certainly more evidence to suggest that we were facing serious financial problems if decisive action hadn't been taken than to support the idea that millions are being sneaked out of the club.

You may be right. On the balance of probabilities and previous track record I don't think you are but I'm certainly not dismissive of the idea. I just don't think it's likely based on the available information.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

McBurnie gone... on 11:51 - Jul 31 with 1710 viewsWarwickHunt

McBurnie gone... on 11:14 - Jul 31 by NotLoyal

If Borja stays and fits in it probably is...given the circumstances.
McBurnie gone... on 11:56 - Jul 31 with 1676 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie gone... on 11:40 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

There's certainly more evidence to suggest that we were facing serious financial problems if decisive action hadn't been taken than to support the idea that millions are being sneaked out of the club.

You may be right. On the balance of probabilities and previous track record I don't think you are but I'm certainly not dismissive of the idea. I just don't think it's likely based on the available information.

Serious financial problems are the order of the day in the modern game.
McBurnie gone... on 12:09 - Jul 31 with 1566 viewsLuther27

McBurnie gone... on 11:56 - Jul 31 by jasper_T

Serious financial problems are the order of the day in the modern game.

True. As for us...now the "Black Hole" has been filled by departures of OM and DJ how will we fare with the reduction next season in the final parachute payment?
McBurnie gone... on 12:10 - Jul 31 with 1559 viewsDr_Winston

The lure of Premier League riches (which can be ephemeral at best as we found out) encourages clubs to do stupid things.

The absolute last thing we should do is copy the teams spending more than they can afford. Far more sensible and sustainable to build a team using a decent style and structure, smart purchases and home grown players.

What we used to do in fact.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

McBurnie gone... on 12:15 - Jul 31 with 1506 viewsvetchonian

TO put things in perspective and to remind those on here that say the Yanks wont spend
Below is the history of our transfer dealings per season since they acquired their majority shareholding

2016/2017
Transfer income £43.7M Spend on transfer £52.9 net loss £9.2M
2017/2018
Trnasfer income £72.9M spend on transfers £66.05M net gain £6.85M
2018/2019
Transfer income £18M Spend on transfers £5.63M net gain £12.64M

SO to say the Yanks havent spent is a fallicy.The spend has reduced and over the last two seasons a "profit" of about £9M made from transfers but during that time we were relegated and have the hangover of the wages of the likes of Borja,the AYews et al plus during this time we sacked and paid off 3 managers and their staff which probably ate into most of that!
I would hazaed a guess as time went on these shrewd business men recognised that our transfer dealings were not wise investments hence the throttling back plus we have lost the revenue being the PL brings despite still being lumbered with some of the "wise shrewd " signings our previous chairman who is still much lauded by some on here who had been given huge wage packets!

Miilions being sneaked out I doubt it ......Im not a fan of the Yanks but taking a view with my head and analysing the data not convinced they have been "siphoning" off cash. The data to me indicates cutting our cloth....

We know appear to have a good recruitment set up,the new head of recruitment only arrived a week ago ....yes only 8 days left of this window ...maybe the Oli deal has been slowed up until Scott was in place..hopefully he has some gems up his sleeve

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

McBurnie gone... on 12:20 - Jul 31 with 1452 viewslonglostjack

If I remember correctly Lisa mentioned before the sales of McBurnie, Ayew and James, that the finances were tight but not unmanageable. Slowly but surely the excuses for not reinvesting wisely are running out.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 12:21]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

McBurnie gone... on 12:28 - Jul 31 with 1364 viewsDr_Winston

McBurnie gone... on 12:20 - Jul 31 by longlostjack

If I remember correctly Lisa mentioned before the sales of McBurnie, Ayew and James, that the finances were tight but not unmanageable. Slowly but surely the excuses for not reinvesting wisely are running out.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 12:21]

We've just sold Ayew and already have a replacement lined up. McBurnie hasn't gone yet. The sale of James means we won't be desperate to grab any price for McB, hence us rejecting the first offer. We also still have the wages for Andre Ayew, Carroll and Montero on the books.

This post has been edited by an administrator

McBurnie gone... on 12:33 - Jul 31 with 1295 viewslonglostjack

McBurnie gone... on 12:28 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

We've just sold Ayew and already have a replacement lined up. McBurnie hasn't gone yet. The sale of James means we won't be desperate to grab any price for McB, hence us rejecting the first offer. We also still have the wages for Andre Ayew, Carroll and Montero on the books.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I would have expected Carroll and Montero to have had relegation clauses in their contracts though. Did any player?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

McBurnie gone... on 12:34 - Jul 31 with 1278 viewsDr_Winston

McBurnie gone... on 12:33 - Jul 31 by longlostjack

I would have expected Carroll and Montero to have had relegation clauses in their contracts though. Did any player?

Given the way Jenkins lost control of the finances I'd be amazed if any player had a relegation release clause.

McBurnie gone... on 12:37 - Jul 31 with 1235 viewsAngelRangelQS

McBurnie gone... on 12:34 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

Given the way Jenkins lost control of the finances I'd be amazed if any player had a relegation release clause.

Even if they did, it wouldn't have been proportionate to the percentage drop in income we experienced.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024