Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie gone... 16:18 - Jul 30 with 26735 viewsThrasher6

On twitter

https://twitter.com/SportingLifeFC
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 16:20]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

McBurnie gone... on 13:00 - Jul 31 with 2339 viewsNeath_Jack

McBurnie gone... on 12:15 - Jul 31 by vetchonian

TO put things in perspective and to remind those on here that say the Yanks wont spend
Below is the history of our transfer dealings per season since they acquired their majority shareholding

2016/2017
Transfer income £43.7M Spend on transfer £52.9 net loss £9.2M
2017/2018
Trnasfer income £72.9M spend on transfers £66.05M net gain £6.85M
2018/2019
Transfer income £18M Spend on transfers £5.63M net gain £12.64M

SO to say the Yanks havent spent is a fallicy.The spend has reduced and over the last two seasons a "profit" of about £9M made from transfers but during that time we were relegated and have the hangover of the wages of the likes of Borja,the AYews et al plus during this time we sacked and paid off 3 managers and their staff which probably ate into most of that!
I would hazaed a guess as time went on these shrewd business men recognised that our transfer dealings were not wise investments hence the throttling back plus we have lost the revenue being the PL brings despite still being lumbered with some of the "wise shrewd " signings our previous chairman who is still much lauded by some on here who had been given huge wage packets!

Miilions being sneaked out I doubt it ......Im not a fan of the Yanks but taking a view with my head and analysing the data not convinced they have been "siphoning" off cash. The data to me indicates cutting our cloth....

We know appear to have a good recruitment set up,the new head of recruitment only arrived a week ago ....yes only 8 days left of this window ...maybe the Oli deal has been slowed up until Scott was in place..hopefully he has some gems up his sleeve

That can't be right mun, the yanks are fleecing us, taking every last penny to pay for Rooney's wages and stuff.

You must all be dull or something.

F*ck going into massive debt chasing the un-sustainable premier league nightmare.

Give me Swansea Citu in League two over Swansea City non-league.

F*ck em.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

McBurnie gone... on 13:07 - Jul 31 with 2267 viewsjasper_T

Going to fail his medical when they breathalyse him.
McBurnie gone... on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 2247 viewslondonlisa2001

McBurnie gone... on 13:07 - Jul 31 by jasper_T

McBurnie gone... on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 2249 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie gone... on 13:07 - Jul 31 by jasper_T

and take the urine out of him......part of a master plan....Oli be here for Saturday!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

McBurnie gone... on 13:44 - Jul 31 with 2078 viewsjack247

McBurnie gone... on 12:15 - Jul 31 by vetchonian

TO put things in perspective and to remind those on here that say the Yanks wont spend
Below is the history of our transfer dealings per season since they acquired their majority shareholding

2016/2017
Transfer income £43.7M Spend on transfer £52.9 net loss £9.2M
2017/2018
Trnasfer income £72.9M spend on transfers £66.05M net gain £6.85M
2018/2019
Transfer income £18M Spend on transfers £5.63M net gain £12.64M

SO to say the Yanks havent spent is a fallicy.The spend has reduced and over the last two seasons a "profit" of about £9M made from transfers but during that time we were relegated and have the hangover of the wages of the likes of Borja,the AYews et al plus during this time we sacked and paid off 3 managers and their staff which probably ate into most of that!
I would hazaed a guess as time went on these shrewd business men recognised that our transfer dealings were not wise investments hence the throttling back plus we have lost the revenue being the PL brings despite still being lumbered with some of the "wise shrewd " signings our previous chairman who is still much lauded by some on here who had been given huge wage packets!

Miilions being sneaked out I doubt it ......Im not a fan of the Yanks but taking a view with my head and analysing the data not convinced they have been "siphoning" off cash. The data to me indicates cutting our cloth....

We know appear to have a good recruitment set up,the new head of recruitment only arrived a week ago ....yes only 8 days left of this window ...maybe the Oli deal has been slowed up until Scott was in place..hopefully he has some gems up his sleeve

Which site are these figures from?

Transfer income £18m 18/19?

Rough figures

Mawson £15m
Fabianski £5m
Clucas £6m
Mesa £5m
Bartley £4m
Amat £1m
Fernandez was undisclosed I think.

Not sure if it accounts for the loan fees we received for the Ayews or paid out for CCV.

Purely in simple transfer fees, we were about £30m up in 18/19 and probably won’t be far off that when the window shuts.
McBurnie gone... on 13:48 - Jul 31 with 2054 viewssainthelens

McBurnie gone... on 10:29 - Jul 31 by Bobblehat

Our owners could be far worse 'FACT' you've only got to look at Bolton and Bury to tell you that

Yeah, we should be so grateful eh.
McBurnie gone... on 13:57 - Jul 31 with 1990 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie gone... on 13:44 - Jul 31 by jack247

Which site are these figures from?

Transfer income £18m 18/19?

Rough figures

Mawson £15m
Fabianski £5m
Clucas £6m
Mesa £5m
Bartley £4m
Amat £1m
Fernandez was undisclosed I think.

Not sure if it accounts for the loan fees we received for the Ayews or paid out for CCV.

Purely in simple transfer fees, we were about £30m up in 18/19 and probably won’t be far off that when the window shuts.

I got these from Transfer market

I got 2018/19 Wrong

Quite rightly as you said

income from transfer fees £44.78M spend £6.44M net gain £38.34M

So since they took over from transfers there is a net paper gain of £36.05M...before the sale of Dan and OLi

The point I was trying to make was the Yanks have spent..albeit the level of spend keeps reducing.....still dont see how money is being siphoned off given reduction in income,etc

McBurnie gone... on 14:16 - Jul 31 with 1870 viewsFlashberryjack

McBurnie gone... on 13:00 - Jul 31 by Neath_Jack

That can't be right mun, the yanks are fleecing us, taking every last penny to pay for Rooney's wages and stuff.

F*ck going into massive debt chasing the un-sustainable premier league nightmare.

F*ck em.

And everyone knows that the Yanks and their hedge fund investors love Swansea City FC, why else would they buy us eh!

And give me Swansea City in the Premier League over lower league obscurity...but each to their own.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie gone... on 14:19 - Jul 31 with 1827 viewsjack247

McBurnie gone... on 13:57 - Jul 31 by vetchonian

I got 2018/19 Wrong

So since they took over from transfers there is a net paper gain of £36.05M...before the sale of Dan and OLi

The point I was trying to make was the Yanks have spent..albeit the level of spend keeps reducing.....still dont see how money is being siphoned off given reduction in income,etc

I agree. I’m 100% convinced they aren’t siphoning money off anywhere. Just think the club has been run incredibly badly for a while.

I’m not sure how much of that is down to them or how much is down to Jenkins and co, but they’d have done their homework and wouldn’t have bought a club that was a complete financial basket case.

Re. The transfers, I’d say although correct, 2017/18 is skewed by the absolute panic signing of Andre Ayew in the January window. I very much doubt they planned to spend that kind of money half way through the season, but went shit or bust in an attempt to stay up.
McBurnie gone... on 14:21 - Jul 31 with 1819 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

McBurnie gone... on 13:00 - Jul 31 by Neath_Jack

F*ck em.

Can't blame the yanks they are a Hedge Fund. Who sold them the club.....that's another matter.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

McBurnie gone... on 14:28 - Jul 31 with 1775 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie gone... on 14:19 - Jul 31 by jack247

I agree. I’m 100% convinced they aren’t siphoning money off anywhere. Just think the club has been run incredibly badly for a while.

I’m not sure how much of that is down to them or how much is down to Jenkins and co, but they’d have done their homework and wouldn’t have bought a club that was a complete financial basket case.

Re. The transfers, I’d say although correct, 2017/18 is skewed by the absolute panic signing of Andre Ayew in the January window. I very much doubt they planned to spend that kind of money half way through the season, but went shit or bust in an attempt to stay up.

Wanted to panic spend more according to Carvalhal but the players wouldn't come.
McBurnie gone... on 14:39 - Jul 31 with 1700 viewsGroo

I got 2018/19 Wrong

You're forgetting agents fees and player bonuses.

We would receive less money than shown for sold players and pay more than shown for bought players.

Groo does what Groo does best

McBurnie gone... on 14:50 - Jul 31 with 1640 viewsNeath_Jack

McBurnie gone... on 14:16 - Jul 31 by Flashberryjack

And everyone knows that the Yanks and their hedge fund investors love Swansea City FC, why else would they buy us eh!

And give me Swansea City in the Premier League over lower league obscurity...but each to their own.

They bought us to make a profit, what’s your point? You think someone is going to buy us for the love of the club?

You can keep your premier league gamble wuss. Some of my best times were spent in the bottom two divisions, brilliant days.

Whilst our time in the premier league produced mainly fantastic memories, it also produced the most deluded, entitled bunch of fans ever.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

McBurnie gone... on 14:54 - Jul 31 with 1604 viewsmynamesjeff1

McBurnie gone... on 14:50 - Jul 31 by Neath_Jack

They bought us to make a profit, what’s your point? You think someone is going to buy us for the love of the club?

You can keep your premier league gamble wuss. Some of my best times were spent in the bottom two divisions, brilliant days.

Whilst our time in the premier league produced mainly fantastic memories, it also produced the most deluded, entitled bunch of fans ever.

I think the profit wasn’t to drain millions each year out of us and our player sales. They had the club so cheap they genuinely if run properly in a few years I’d say could have doubled their money on the sale of the club.
McBurnie gone... on 14:55 - Jul 31 with 1598 viewsNeath_Jack

McBurnie gone... on 14:54 - Jul 31 by mynamesjeff1

I think the profit wasn’t to drain millions each year out of us and our player sales. They had the club so cheap they genuinely if run properly in a few years I’d say could have doubled their money on the sale of the club.

Cheers Jeff.

McBurnie gone... on 14:58 - Jul 31 with 1571 viewsjack247

McBurnie gone... on 14:28 - Jul 31 by jasper_T

Wanted to panic spend more according to Carvalhal but the players wouldn't come.

Weren’t they South American internationals playing for Atletico Madrid or something similar?

If we were genuine about signing them, it’s even further proof of the Americans cavalier attitude to keeping us in the PL. Imagine the shit we’d be in now had we made another two Andre Ayewesque signings and still gone down.
McBurnie gone... on 15:02 - Jul 31 with 1535 viewsSwansea93

McBurnie gone... on 14:58 - Jul 31 by jack247

Weren’t they South American internationals playing for Atletico Madrid or something similar?

If we were genuine about signing them, it’s even further proof of the Americans cavalier attitude to keeping us in the PL. Imagine the shit we’d be in now had we made another two Andre Ayewesque signings and still gone down.

Gameiro (French) and Gaitan (Argentina) were the ones in talks.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

McBurnie gone... on 15:05 - Jul 31 with 1492 viewsFlashberryjack

McBurnie gone... on 14:50 - Jul 31 by Neath_Jack

"They bought us to make a profit, what’s your point? You think someone is going to buy us for the love of the club? "

My point is exactly the above.

I've also had some fantastic times watching us in the lower leagues, but I've had a lot more sh*te times there as.

I've loved our times in the top leagues more (just my opinion)

BTW our times in the lower leagues produced some deluded fans as well.

Anyway! it's all about opinions.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

McBurnie gone... on 15:11 - Jul 31 with 1452 viewsDr_Winston

McBurnie gone... on 14:54 - Jul 31 by mynamesjeff1

They bought a (what they thought) was a sensibly run, established Premier League team that would basically run itself whilst ever increasing TV deals gradually made their investment more valuable leading to an eventual sale and nice fat profit.

Unfortunately the club was no longer being sensibly run once certain individuals had made their pile and here we are.

Given all that's gone on I'm not aware of a more sensible course of action than one they're taking. Loading the club with "investment" (or debt) is an obvious non starter. Continuing to fork out the money we were would have in all likelihood have taken us down the Bolton path.

Better to clear the decks, get us back into the kind of financial shape where a profit is possible again and build a new team with smart buys and home grown talent. Essentially take us back to where we were in the late aughts.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

McBurnie gone... on 15:23 - Jul 31 with 1367 viewskarnataka

McBurnie gone... on 14:58 - Jul 31 by jack247

It's pure speculation but who knows, if they'd both been good, we may have got the very few points we needed to have stayed up. Small margins.
McBurnie gone... on 15:27 - Jul 31 with 1344 viewsNeath_Jack

McBurnie gone... on 15:05 - Jul 31 by Flashberryjack

"They bought us to make a profit, what’s your point? You think someone is going to buy us for the love of the club? "

I've also had some fantastic times watching us in the lower leagues, but I've had a lot more sh*te times there as.

And for them to make a profit, they need to get us back into the Premier League. The easiest thing for them to do would be to throw millions of pounds at it, in the form of loans payable back to them (so they are on a win win), but they’re not doing that, they’re managing it in the manner of responsible owners. That’s not a matter of opinion, that is factual.

McBurnie gone... on 15:31 - Jul 31 with 1322 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie gone... on 15:05 - Jul 31 by Flashberryjack

It is all about opinions

What most fans seem to miss is that the days of "fan " ownership are over...very rare are there instances of "local" people owning and running clubs....yes in the lower leagues but not in the championship and above the days of Jalk Walker et al are long gone. We had it with Struel ,Dougie and the sellouts but the likes of Silver Shield/9th floor bought us for financial gain ( plan was the Morfa development until the council stepped in) not the love of SCFC...just so happens Nigel Hamers brother Steve had some contacts....the Yanks were "sold" a goose which had laid a golden egg .....trouble is it was a one off and that was for the sellouts.

Financail mismanagement by a chairman..who outside of football had a string of business failures cmae along and put us in this position...the YAnks are steadying the ship ....and yes they have no affinity for the club as we fans do for them its $$$$$

Problem is it is unlikley we will ever be in a postion like we were....."by fans for the fans"

rememebr that?

McBurnie gone... on 16:02 - Jul 31 with 1198 viewsBadlands

I got 2018/19 Wrong

2017 -18
Spend £66 take £72. Profit £6
But
Very high wage earners leaving leaving - Bafe £55,000, Gylfi £55,000 Llorente Llorente £75,000.

£185,000 a week.

Arriving
Ayew, £70,000
Clucas, £50,000
Bony, £120,000
Mesa. £49,000
Sanches £50,000
£335,000

with additional on costs c10 million a year

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

McBurnie gone... on 16:13 - Jul 31 with 1143 viewsjack247

McBurnie gone... on 15:23 - Jul 31 by karnataka

It's pure speculation but who knows, if they'd both been good, we may have got the very few points we needed to have stayed up. Small margins.

Well yeah of course and they probably would have been. We were only a draw with Southampton or a win in one of our last 6 or so games away from survival.

The Americans were happy to throw money at the problem that transfer window when PL survival was on the line. If we stay up, great, everybody’s happy. If not, they hold a firesale, rely on academy products, sell the most valuable of those academy products the next season and effectively distance themselves further from us.

I’m honestly not sure if the plan now is to stabilise over the next few seasons and try to go back up, or just write us off as a bad debt and sell us at a loss when we’re profitable.
McBurnie gone... on 16:22 - Jul 31 with 1086 viewsAngelRangelQS

McBurnie gone... on 16:13 - Jul 31 by jack247

Well yeah of course and they probably would have been. We were only a draw with Southampton or a win in one of our last 6 or so games away from survival.

The Americans were happy to throw money at the problem that transfer window when PL survival was on the line. If we stay up, great, everybody’s happy. If not, they hold a firesale, rely on academy products, sell the most valuable of those academy products the next season and effectively distance themselves further from us.

I’m honestly not sure if the plan now is to stabilise over the next few seasons and try to go back up, or just write us off as a bad debt and sell us at a loss when we’re profitable.

I keep wondering the same too.

Whichever it is, though, getting us on steady financial footing first is pretty much a pre-requisite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024