Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers 17:22 - Jul 30 with 831 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Yeah, I know the anti-social media types will snicker, but this is a huge indication of the worldwide following the club has developed.

Compared to every other Championship club:

1T. Swansea City: 1,000,000
1T. Stoke (@stokecity): 1,000,000
3. WBA (@WBA): 969,000
4. Fulham (@FulhamFC): 498,000
5. Hull City (@HullCity): 438,000
6. Leeds (@LUFC): 427,900
7. QPR (@QPR): 421,400
8. Reading (@ReadingFC): 329,300
9. Cardiff Town (@CardiffCity): 320,100
10. Nottingham Forest (@NFFC): 317,000
11. Middlesbrough (@Boro): 314,000
12. Birmingham City (@BCFC): 306,700
13. Shef Wednesday (@swfc): 287,800
14. Wigan (@LaticsOfficial): 287,500
15. Derby Co (@dcfcofficial): 282,900
16. Blackburn (@Rovers): 226,700
17. Huddersfield (@htafc): 191,600
18. Bristol City (@BristonCity): 169,700
19. Charlton (@CAFCofficial): 153,200
20. Brentford (@BrentfordFC): 123,700
21. Barnsley (@BarnsleyFC): 122,200
22. Millwall (@MillwallFC): 111,200 (nobody follows them, they don't care)
23. PNE: (@pnefc): 97,700
24. Luton Town (@LutonTown): 88,500

We even have more followers than 40% of the PL:

(PL rank)
13. Crystal Pal (@CPFC): 857,300
14. Norwich City (@NorwichCityFC): 641,600
15. Watford (@WatfordFC): 613,400
16. Bournemouth (@afcbournemouth): 454,600
17. Wolverhampton (@Wolves): 441,800
18. Burnley (@BurnleyOfficial): 422,800
19. Shef U (@SheffieldUnitedFC): 240,600
20. BHA (@OfficialBHAFC): 237,000

I give no credit at all to the club's social media efforts; this has really nothing to do with it. This is all about how many people around the world care about your club, not the content of your twitter feed. Giants Barcelona (30 million) and ManU (20 million) have the most followers for that simple reason.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 17:28 - Jul 30 with 804 viewsandypitt56

I reckon its just from a load of spam bots! seriously though that is impressive.
@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 17:30 - Jul 30 with 790 viewswhiterock

To be fair, the media team have worked hard to push this for the last 7 years.
@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 17:39 - Jul 30 with 746 viewsbluey_the_blue

1m is a good figure.

Only issue is how that gets monetised. 1m followers generating fvck all isn't a benefit over 312k generating fvck all, on a slumping platform.
@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:00 - Jul 30 with 619 viewslonglostjack

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 17:39 - Jul 30 by bluey_the_blue

1m is a good figure.

Only issue is how that gets monetised. 1m followers generating fvck all isn't a benefit over 312k generating fvck all, on a slumping platform.

Haven’t you got a team to follow? Like a bloody stray cat you are.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:08 - Jul 30 with 604 viewsswan_si

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:00 - Jul 30 by longlostjack

Haven’t you got a team to follow? Like a bloody stray cat you are.

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:09 - Jul 30 with 600 viewssplJack

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 17:39 - Jul 30 by bluey_the_blue

1m is a good figure.

What a bitter scum b@stard you sound.
@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:11 - Jul 30 with 596 viewsNotLoyal

1m is a good figure.

It's just another signal to the east who is the largest club ...
Again.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:17 - Jul 30 with 576 viewsbluey_the_blue

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:09 - Jul 30 by splJack

What a bitter scum b@stard you sound.

How am I bitter?

People are hung up on twitter followers - most of the time citing that as credibility in arguments.

1m is an impressive number; kudos to your club for that. The point however is how effective clubs are at monetising those followers. Any club making next to nothing from those figure, eh...

I'd say that very few clubs outside the top 6 are particularly good at that. I'd also say that the clubs in the Championship probably aren't making much, certainly not significant numbers off those figures.
Login to get fewer ads

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:22 - Jul 30 with 563 viewslonglostjack

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:17 - Jul 30 by bluey_the_blue

How am I bitter?

People are hung up on twitter followers - most of the time citing that as credibility in arguments.

1m is an impressive number; kudos to your club for that. The point however is how effective clubs are at monetising those followers. Any club making next to nothing from those figure, eh...

I'd say that very few clubs outside the top 6 are particularly good at that. I'd also say that the clubs in the Championship probably aren't making much, certainly not significant numbers off those figures.

I’d say you haven’t got a clue and are just bullshitting.

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:29 - Jul 30 with 546 viewsbluey_the_blue

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:22 - Jul 30 by longlostjack

I’d say you haven’t got a clue and are just bullshitting.

Thank you for your opinion...

Perhaps you can tell us how clubs at this level have evolved digital strategies to monitise twitter followers? I'm genuinely interested. Some here slated Pearlman, I'd have presumed it was in his remit.
@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 22:05 - Jul 30 with 490 viewslonglostjack

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:29 - Jul 30 by bluey_the_blue

Perhaps you can tell us how clubs at this level have evolved digital strategies to monitise twitter followers? I'm genuinely interested. Some here slated Pearlman, I'd have presumed it was in his remit.

No idea. I’ve never claimed to know how much each club were earning from it or how. Though I’d hazard a guess that the more followers you have the more potential you have to make money out of it. You’re the one doing all the assuming and the bullshitting. Triggered by a sudden pang of envy no doubt.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 22:15]

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 22:28 - Jul 30 with 443 viewsbluey_the_blue

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 22:05 - Jul 30 by longlostjack

No idea. I’ve never claimed to know how much each club were earning from it or how. Though I’d hazard a guess that the more followers you have the more potential you have to make money out of it. You’re the one doing all the assuming and the bullshitting. Triggered by a sudden pang of envy no doubt.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 22:15]

Making no such assumptions or bullshitting as you put it.

There are several ways to maximise income from followers, most are more aimed at people selling products, usually around driving twitter followers to business website and/or use of affiliates.

I'm yet to be convinced that model necessarily fits the overwhelming majority of football clubs in Britain. Top 6 in Prem, sure. The rest? Can't see much income from that route.

I've already praised your club for the number of followers, so not sure why you claim it's envy?
@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 22:29 - Jul 30 with 443 viewsLeonWasGod

Imagine only being as popular as Stoke
@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 22:32 - Jul 30 with 439 viewsLeonWasGod

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 21:29 - Jul 30 by bluey_the_blue

Bet you were fun at parties if you were ever young Bluey
@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 22:39 - Jul 30 with 428 viewslonglostjack

@SwansOfficial hits 1 million Twitter followers on 22:28 - Jul 30 by bluey_the_blue

Making no such assumptions or bullshitting as you put it.

There are several ways to maximise income from followers, most are more aimed at people selling products, usually around driving twitter followers to business website and/or use of affiliates.

I'm yet to be convinced that model necessarily fits the overwhelming majority of football clubs in Britain. Top 6 in Prem, sure. The rest? Can't see much income from that route.

I've already praised your club for the number of followers, so not sure why you claim it's envy?

Time you came out Bluey. You’re clearly a closet Jack.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024