Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ten warmest years 11:42 - Jul 31 with 9835 viewsCountyJim

Isn't this just evidence we are still coming out of a little ice age 1860 apparently it happened so in time wise that's fairly recent
Ten warmest years on 14:24 - Jul 31 with 3333 viewsHighjack

Nope.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ten warmest years on 14:35 - Jul 31 with 3316 viewsFlashberryjack

We're all going to die, that 16 year old Swedish girl Greta Thunberg say's so.

Rebel against Extinction my friends, before it's to late.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ten warmest years on 14:36 - Jul 31 with 3314 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

It's a bit chilly here today.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Ten warmest years on 14:36 - Jul 31 with 3314 viewsHighjack

Ten warmest years on 14:35 - Jul 31 by Flashberryjack

We're all going to die, that 16 year old Swedish girl Greta Thunberg say's so.

Rebel against Extinction my friends, before it's to late.

Would it be a terrible thing if humanity became extinct? I’m not convinced it would.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Ten warmest years on 14:42 - Jul 31 with 3305 viewsFlashberryjack

Ten warmest years on 14:36 - Jul 31 by Highjack

Would it be a terrible thing if humanity became extinct? I’m not convinced it would.

It would be for my family and me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ten warmest years on 15:28 - Jul 31 with 3253 viewsNotLoyal

Apparently the most recent hottest ever day was the first for 16 years, some recorded hot days go back to 1908, a variant of only a few degrees, what was the excuse in 1908 ?
Cheese ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ten warmest years on 16:11 - Jul 31 with 3219 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"Isn't this just evidence we are still coming out of a little ice age"

Yes.
Plus the release of stored energy in the oceans due to a lack of Cloud cover over the Tropics between 1983 & 2000.
Ten warmest years on 16:12 - Jul 31 with 3219 viewshobo

It's all cyclical.

As you say, 10 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Try to find charts spanning thousands of years and you'll find this activity is completely normal
Login to get fewer ads

Ten warmest years on 16:32 - Jul 31 with 3210 viewsCountyJim

Ten warmest years on 16:12 - Jul 31 by hobo

It's all cyclical.

As you say, 10 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Try to find charts spanning thousands of years and you'll find this activity is completely normal

Actually I was talking the end of the last little ice age 1860 in the scale of time that's still recent
Ten warmest years on 16:34 - Jul 31 with 3204 viewshobo

Ten warmest years on 16:32 - Jul 31 by CountyJim

Actually I was talking the end of the last little ice age 1860 in the scale of time that's still recent

ahh of course, and you'd be spot on mate
Ten warmest years on 16:48 - Jul 31 with 3186 viewsHumpty

https://skepticalscience.com/little-ice-age-try-big-warming-age.html
Ten warmest years on 17:53 - Jul 31 with 3160 viewscontroversial_jack

Sea temps are pretty average for the time of year
Ten warmest years on 21:57 - Jul 31 with 3081 viewsPegojack

Yes, its all cyclical. The millions of tonnes of greenhouse gases that the industrialized nations have pumped into the atmosphere for the last 50-70 years have got nothing to do with it.
Ten warmest years on 22:01 - Jul 31 with 3074 viewscontroversial_jack

Ten warmest years on 21:57 - Jul 31 by Pegojack

Yes, its all cyclical. The millions of tonnes of greenhouse gases that the industrialized nations have pumped into the atmosphere for the last 50-70 years have got nothing to do with it.

There's been higher levels of co2 in the past before man's contribution
Ten warmest years on 22:01 - Jul 31 with 3074 viewsDr_Winston

Ten warmest years on 21:57 - Jul 31 by Pegojack

It'd be interesting to see a comparison between the amount of greenhouse gases produced in the last 70 years as opposed to the 150 years before it when basically everyone in Europe and the US burned coal.

Suspect the increase in Chinese/Indian coal fired power plants would make it a fairly even match but compared to the kind of wholesale pollution just the Swansea Valley made in that time things are much better here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ten warmest years on 23:33 - Jul 31 with 3033 viewsLeonWasGod

Ten warmest years on 17:53 - Jul 31 by controversial_jack

Sea temps are pretty average for the time of year

Not in the arctic. Another drop in sea ice cover, which is a very common occurrence now. But it's ok as some people on a football fans forum say it's all bollox.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 23:36]
Ten warmest years on 00:15 - Aug 1 with 3006 viewscontroversial_jack

Ten warmest years on 23:33 - Jul 31 by LeonWasGod

Not in the arctic. Another drop in sea ice cover, which is a very common occurrence now. But it's ok as some people on a football fans forum say it's all bollox.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 23:36]

Shouldn't all the seas and oceans see a rise in temp, isn't that what global means?There are sites on the net which give the sea temps for most of the world and none of them that i can see are anywhere near their historical high temps; in fact they all seem average .
Ten warmest years on 00:24 - Aug 1 with 3001 viewsBrynCartwright

Obviously a bunch of random Swans fans on a chatroom knows a lot more about climatology than the vast majority of Phd scientists that have spent their whole lives looking into what is going on with our global climate. You either listen to these guys, that actually know what they are talking about, or your grand children are going to be fecked big-time. They will consider brolied shoe leather a delicacy.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Ten warmest years on 09:33 - Aug 1 with 2888 viewsJackFish

Ten warmest years on 16:12 - Jul 31 by hobo

It's all cyclical.

https://xkcd.com/1732/
Ten warmest years on 09:44 - Aug 1 with 2875 viewscontroversial_jack

Ten warmest years on 00:24 - Aug 1 by BrynCartwright

Obviously a bunch of random Swans fans on a chatroom knows a lot more about climatology than the vast majority of Phd scientists that have spent their whole lives looking into what is going on with our global climate. You either listen to these guys, that actually know what they are talking about, or your grand children are going to be fecked big-time. They will consider brolied shoe leather a delicacy.

It's bullshit about the 97% of scientists too

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joseph-bast-and-roy-spencer-the-myth-of-the-climate
Ten warmest years on 10:04 - Aug 1 with 2866 viewsHighjack

It’s all our fault too for buying stuff.

Ten warmest years on 11:05 - Aug 1 with 2837 viewsLeonWasGod

Ten warmest years on 00:15 - Aug 1 by controversial_jack

Shouldn't all the seas and oceans see a rise in temp, isn't that what global means?There are sites on the net which give the sea temps for most of the world and none of them that i can see are anywhere near their historical high temps; in fact they all seem average .

Global doesn't mean there's a consistent, uniform global signature. It normally refers to averaged values across the globe. Obviously there are patterns within this.

The Argo programme (environmental sensors on 000s of robots that continually move through the upper oceans) has one of the largest recent data sets on ocean conditions. Shows overall accelerating warming. http://www.argo.ucsd.edu/global_change_analysis.html#temp

Here's the arctic sea ice extent for this year I was referring to. https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/charctic-interactive-sea-ice-graph/
We're heading for a record low extent this year. Although 1 year could be an outlier and meaningless, this year's low is consistent with the trend over the last couple of decades.

Obviously these observations have to be linked to human impact if 'anthropogenic climate change' is to be proven/accepted. There are lots of studies that claim to have demonstrated this human fingerprint. (Well beyond me and I'd imagine most others on here to critique, and also too numerous too).
Ten warmest years on 11:21 - Aug 1 with 2830 viewsBatterseajack

Ten warmest years on 22:01 - Jul 31 by controversial_jack

There's been higher levels of co2 in the past before man's contribution

Correct, but over the course of millions of years, all that CO2 was then locked up underground in the form of coal, gas and oil.

Now in the space of around a hundred years, this is being rapidly released back into the atmosphere.

The rate of change is the issue for us rather than the change itself, as ecosystems fail to respond in time.
Ten warmest years on 11:24 - Aug 1 with 2825 viewshobo

Ten warmest years on 09:33 - Aug 1 by JackFish

https://xkcd.com/1732/

They keyis in the title "....since the last ice age". Obviously temperatures are gradually going to increase following an ice age. Look up a graph that includes more than 1 ice age, or mini ice age, and you'll notice the same pattern occurring over and over again
Ten warmest years on 16:22 - Aug 1 with 2768 viewscontroversial_jack

Ten warmest years on 11:21 - Aug 1 by Batterseajack

Correct, but over the course of millions of years, all that CO2 was then locked up underground in the form of coal, gas and oil.

Now in the space of around a hundred years, this is being rapidly released back into the atmosphere.

The rate of change is the issue for us rather than the change itself, as ecosystems fail to respond in time.

With respect, that's absolute cobblers.Most of the co2 is absorbed into the oceans
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024