Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread 12:09 - Jul 31 with 32628 viewsjackharris

Plenty of tickets still available. The crowd should be around the
15,000 mark on Saturday. Hull are expected to bring
between an estimated 400 to 800.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 06:58 - Aug 4 with 1166 viewsGlastonbury

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:52 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Thought Byers did a better job than Celina infield.

We were crying out for some vision in that first half and as Borja needs thru balls of little chips over top Celina has the more quality and they should have just swapped positions for 10 /15 mins to see if he could provide the spark as it happened we didn't need the change in the second half
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 08:33 - Aug 4 with 1022 viewsThornburyswan

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

As you'd expect in a first game of the season, lots of rough edges and bad habits still to knock off. The way we played in the first 10-15 minutes of the second half was pleasing. I remain unconvinced about Celina out wide and would prefer him in the middle ahead of Byers.

Bidwell was solid. Probably won't excite many but will probably be quite dependable. Liked the look of Woodman. Pederson it's far too early to tell, some nice touches but will need to get to grips with the physical side.

As with last season we're 2/3 players away from being a team who can really challenge, but we shouldn't have much to worry about either.

Good summary that Doc, for me very good 3 points from a mixed display, Bidwell looked dodgy first half but got better/stronger in the second, Celina definitely better coming in onto his right foot so left Bidwell with 2 at times when we lost the ball.

Not really dealt with our key weaknesses for me

Starting front 6 are a tad flimsy so we will get bullied away from home with that side but we lack stronger more physical options so suspect that will be the case all season.

Considering our level of both possession & time in the opposition's half we don't work the keeper enough - I note we are trying to pull the ball back more from out wide but execution needs to improve (we are also practicing that in warm up since Cooper's arrival).

Happy with the 3 points & very good to see Cooper pushing Nath up to half-way when defending corners - nothing came of it today but I've been shouting for that for many seasons!
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 10:29 - Aug 4 with 884 viewsMattG

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:02 - Aug 3 by Glastonbury

Borja was crying out for thru balls or chip over top but byers couldn't provide that and Celina should have swapped with him after half hour. Excellent start and hopefully a striker can be added this week

Agree with this - Baston made a lot of good runs but we didn't have anyone to play him in. Celina will do that much more effectively (IMO) than Byers and, if we do keep Baston, I expect him and Celina to develop a good understanding.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 11:02 - Aug 4 with 850 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 10:29 - Aug 4 by MattG

Agree with this - Baston made a lot of good runs but we didn't have anyone to play him in. Celina will do that much more effectively (IMO) than Byers and, if we do keep Baston, I expect him and Celina to develop a good understanding.

Takes time to get used to 'new' players' style.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024