Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free VPN for PC 07:35 - Aug 1 with 1064 viewsMrSwerve

I have a good free one for my iPad but they don’t do a version for PC. Did some digging and it seems that most/all of the ‘free’ VPNs manage to get you to pay eventually or at least take your credit card details, which I don’t fancy doing.

So, anyone know of any proper free VPNs? I’m using Windscribe at the moment abroad but it’s only free for 10 gig.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Free VPN for PC on 17:01 - Aug 1 with 979 viewsJimmyGilligan

If you want a VPN for watching sports or watching anything that lasts for more than 30 minutes at a time, your best bet is to pay for one. Free VPNs all have data limits which wont last much longer than 30 mins of streaming video.

If you want a VPN for security/anonymity, your best bet is to pay for one, because as well as the low data limits the free VPNs make their money by selling your information email etc.
https://www.globalsign.com/en/blog/8-ways-free-vpns-make-money-from-you/

The only thing I would use a free VPN for is viewing the occasional article abroad that's geo blocked.

You can get a paid VPN like Nord for £2.30 a month
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 17:02]
Free VPN for PC on 19:35 - Aug 1 with 933 viewsMrSwerve

Thanks for your response Jimmy.

Free VPN for PC on 19:35 - Aug 1 with 933 viewsjackmorsel

No such thing as a free VPN, you'll either have to pay for it with cash or they will be selling you personal data to all and sundry.

Depending on what you need it for you can set your own up using OpenVPN which is free source software, you'll need. device to run the server (Rapberry Pi for example) and a network to connect to e.g your home network if you wanted it for unblocking UK content when abroad. If you want to un geoblock other countries his won't work so easily. Pretty easy to set up if you are reasonably techy.

For a paid VPN I use PIA for £40 for a year, and very good. Nord also good. Worth every penny also.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 19:36]
Free VPN for PC on 21:17 - Aug 1 with 899 viewspikeypaul

Nord all the way for me.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 21:20]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Free VPN for PC on 05:18 - Aug 2 with 834 viewsMrSwerve

Free VPN for PC on 21:17 - Aug 1 by pikeypaul

Nord all the way for me.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 21:20]

Thanks both.

Free VPN for PC on 07:37 - Aug 2 with 823 viewswizardwade

I use express vpn I think its about £7 per month, I work a month on and a month off in the middle east so on my month off it allows you to cancel for a month then I just click a button and im back on it again,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024