Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New GK - Freddie Woodman 09:41 - Aug 1 with 14823 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Signing on loan from Newcastle - he's looking for first team football. Surely the end of Njordfelt but is he an improvement on Mulder?

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 00:22 - Aug 11 with 3110 viewsraynor94

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:46 - Aug 10 by Badlands

He flapped - badly ... I was there.
He also had a couple of less bad flaps (!!!!!)

I didn't see the game today but was, according to Ratcliffe excellent on many levels (collecting, penalty and distribution) but he was criticised several times towards the end of the game of paling to collect and for being indicative.

A question to those ho saw the Derby game. 'Do you agree with Ratcliffe?'

God you don't half post some guff, thank god Margetson knows better than you

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 02:58 - Aug 11 with 3009 viewsossie_jacks

whether he flapped or not the lad is 22 and defo an upgrade on nordfelt get behind him ffs he was great yesterday keep it up son.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 2:59]
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 03:01 - Aug 11 with 3005 viewsNotLoyal

I questioned him last week, but today he was a real gem. Consistency though is the objective. By fück he's brave mind, I love that in any swans player.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 06:13 - Aug 11 with 2964 viewsjack247

He looks an upgrade on either of last seasons keepers.

He’s a little bit short, which causes him to punch/flap in situations the likes of Mulder could catch easily. Given last seasons set piece frailty as a team, that’s always going to be a concern. To be fair, I doubt Newcastle would let us have him if he was 6’5 and had the skillset he does.

Other than that, I can’t fault him. He does everything right, commands his defence and isn’t afraid to put his body on the line. That wasn’t a bad penalty yesterday, really good save.
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 07:34 - Aug 11 with 2910 viewsChubz

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 03:01 - Aug 11 by NotLoyal

I questioned him last week, but today he was a real gem. Consistency though is the objective. By fück he's brave mind, I love that in any swans player.

Agree with this. My match rating for him last week was 6 but 8 for yesterday's display
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 09:54 - Aug 11 with 2787 viewsBadlands

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 00:22 - Aug 11 by raynor94

God you don't half post some guff, thank god Margetson knows better than you

What guff?
The first part of my comment -
The 'keeper flapped at a couple of crosses and with another he flapped and the ball dropped in an area crowded with Hull players.
You are referring to fact as guff.
Were you at the game?
Did I say he shouldn't be playing?
Or that Mulder and Nordefledt are better?
That the goalkeeping coach doesn't know wha he's doing?
(On that score plenty commented that his predecessors didn't.)

The second part of my post was asking if people who were in Derby or managed to watch the game on-line agreed with radio commentary because I didn't see the game.

So, please explain your comment.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 10:32 - Aug 11 with 2733 viewsraynor94

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 09:54 - Aug 11 by Badlands

What guff?
The first part of my comment -
The 'keeper flapped at a couple of crosses and with another he flapped and the ball dropped in an area crowded with Hull players.
You are referring to fact as guff.
Were you at the game?
Did I say he shouldn't be playing?
Or that Mulder and Nordefledt are better?
That the goalkeeping coach doesn't know wha he's doing?
(On that score plenty commented that his predecessors didn't.)

The second part of my post was asking if people who were in Derby or managed to watch the game on-line agreed with radio commentary because I didn't see the game.

So, please explain your comment.

Just read your guff on the opening page of this thread, you had written him off before he arrived.

And the sly little digs at Potter are continuing with Cooper, leave the analysis to Jasper

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 12:06 - Aug 26 with 2474 viewshobo

I wonder if we could make this a permanent move? It can't have been easy for him coming in just a couple of days before the start of the season and being thrown straight into the starting 11, but I think he's done extremely well and looked rather solid. Only 22 yrs old - he has a bright future
Login to get fewer ads

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 12:11 - Aug 26 with 2458 viewsGVJack

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 12:06 - Aug 26 by hobo

I wonder if we could make this a permanent move? It can't have been easy for him coming in just a couple of days before the start of the season and being thrown straight into the starting 11, but I think he's done extremely well and looked rather solid. Only 22 yrs old - he has a bright future

Chances will be a lot better if we go up... Particularly with NUFC coming down at the same time
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 12:15 - Aug 26 with 2441 viewsMrSwerve

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 12:06 - Aug 26 by hobo

If we go up (a big if) then signing Freddie permanently should be a priority.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 12:23 - Aug 26 with 2415 viewsjasper_T

He signed a new contract with them just before coming here. They're not looking to get rid.
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 12:31 - Aug 26 with 2395 viewsSwansea93

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 12:23 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

He signed a new contract with them just before coming here. They're not looking to get rid.

Wasn't it only a one year contract as he would of been a freebie in June 2020? Maybe he signed it incase they got a decent fee for him next summer.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 12:36 - Aug 26 with 2378 viewshobo

I read that he wanted to go on loan last season, but Benitez refused as Woodman wouldn't sign a new contract. He may have felt forced to sign this 1 year extension just to get himself out on loan and playing games
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 14:44 - Aug 26 with 2242 viewsBadlands

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 10:32 - Aug 11 by raynor94

Just read your guff on the opening page of this thread, you had written him off before he arrived.

And the sly little digs at Potter are continuing with Cooper, leave the analysis to Jasper

When Woodman is at stretch he flaps which is not always a bad thing to do.
At stretch if you get your hand to the ball it can bounce away pretty much anywhere, to try to overcome the random nature of the rebound one technique is to palm (if you know the ball will go out of play) another to flap (rotate you hand) or make a scooping action with your arm to give the ball direction. This is a better option when you away forward of the goal line and a rebound could present an attacker with a 'sitter.' Get it slightly wrong and you mistime the contact, make no contact or weaken your hand and a heavy shot is barely deflected.
Watch the goals we have conceded.

Hull, Preston and Preston penalty - attempted scoops.

He's young and so far quite untested.
He's quick to come for a ball and his distribution is very good.

The early comments on this thread were about a player no one knew anything about and wasn't even third choice in his club and had not really featured on loan.
He was the equivalent of us sending Benda on loan to Coventry when hey had two goalkeepers who had played well the previous season.

But, come on superman please tell what sly digs at Potter?.
I was praising to the hilt for three seasons before he arrived here and still think he was massively important for us.

Cooper is getting results but I still haven't warmed to him that's my take.

Given you have focussed your comments about Woodman on me and trolled back for some fictitious comments you obviously have a personal problem with me.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 13:01 - Sep 25 with 1824 views34dfgdf54

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 10:17 - Aug 1 by jasper_T

Cooper keeping his mates happy with all his moves so far, then.

Keeping the fanbase happy aswell with this signing.

Just thought I would bump this thread, excellent work by Cooper and the recruitment team, credit where it's due.

KN a more than capable backup also.
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 16:45 - Oct 21 with 1397 viewsFergal

Belated boring fact of the day: in 2003 Gareth Southgate and Andy Woodman released a book about their friendship, it goes by the name of Woody and Nord.

Nord being a nickname for Southgate, as in Dennis Norden.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Woody-Nord-Friendship-Andy-Woodman/dp/0141012145

It was very well received.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 17:51]
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 20:01 - Dec 7 with 1146 viewstheloneranger

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 16:45 - Oct 21 by Fergal

Belated boring fact of the day: in 2003 Gareth Southgate and Andy Woodman released a book about their friendship, it goes by the name of Woody and Nord.

Nord being a nickname for Southgate, as in Dennis Norden.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Woody-Nord-Friendship-Andy-Woodman/dp/0141012145

It was very well received.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 17:51]

Andy Woodman, Freddie's father was in goal for Northampton against us at Wembley, in that heart breaking 1997 Football League Third Division play-off Final.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 20:24 - Dec 7 with 1104 viewsDr_Winston

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:55 - Aug 10 by Dr_Winston

Just one will do. Surely that would be easy if he flapped as much as some are claiming?

I guess there weren't actually any flaps then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:55 - Dec 7 with 1049 viewsmonmouth

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 20:24 - Dec 7 by Dr_Winston

I guess there weren't actually any flaps then.

The only times I remember being unhappy with him were the first at Sheffield amd Mitrovic second last week when he just dived on the ground before Mit even drew back his foot. In both cases needed to try and get his body closer to the scorer to block imo. Compared to Mulder and the Squarehead's efforts last season, that's nothing.

He did cock up a punch recently. Not sure if that counts as a flap but that's the best I can do.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 23:56 - Dec 7 with 1004 viewsAlchojack

Without him in goal we would have conceded a lot more nordfelt or mulder ain't in the same league he will be no 1 for Newcastle next season and will play for England a number of times
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024