Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New GK - Freddie Woodman 09:41 - Aug 1 with 14678 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Signing on loan from Newcastle - he's looking for first team football. Surely the end of Njordfelt but is he an improvement on Mulder?

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 19:17 - Aug 10 with 2217 views34dfgdf54

Excellent keeper whose leagues above what we have on our books.
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 19:19 - Aug 10 with 2221 viewsjacks777

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 17:36 - Aug 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

It wasn't the goal last week, it was his shakiness otherwise, particularly in the 2nd half.

Must have been first game nerves. He looked like a completely different guy today

Well with respect, I’ll have to disagree. Thought he had a decent game last week and looked solid in the 2nd half.
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 19:25 - Aug 10 with 2182 viewskrunchykarrot

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 17:17 - Aug 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

I thought he was terrible vs Hull, but clearly MOTM today.

More performances like today and we will be in great shape!

Had a great seat to watch him last week on his debut, he looked good decisive brave and fast. Dont know what you were watching, went in low at feet etc.
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 19:29 - Aug 10 with 2151 viewsploppy

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 19:25 - Aug 10 by krunchykarrot

Had a great seat to watch him last week on his debut, he looked good decisive brave and fast. Dont know what you were watching, went in low at feet etc.

Goal apart, he flapped at a few crosses last week, but at least he came for them. So a bit of a mixed bag last week, I thought. Looked very assured today. Let's see how he handles teams that lump the ball into the box - when do we play Cardiff?
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 20:45 - Aug 10 with 1983 viewsjackrmee

And head coach Cooper explained how the 22-year-old and goalkeeping coach Martyn Margetson had done their research on Rams’ forward Waghorn, and their analysis paid off in fine style.

“Waghorn has gone that way on four out of his last five, and we just felt — with it being the first game at home - he would do what he thinks he is good at,” said Cooper.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 20:52 - Aug 10 with 1950 viewsDr_Winston

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 19:29 - Aug 10 by ploppy

Goal apart, he flapped at a few crosses last week, but at least he came for them. So a bit of a mixed bag last week, I thought. Looked very assured today. Let's see how he handles teams that lump the ball into the box - when do we play Cardiff?

What crosses did he flap at?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:02 - Aug 10 with 1902 viewsploppy

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 20:52 - Aug 10 by Dr_Winston

What crosses did he flap at?

Not today - last week. There were a few.

Edit: I've just looked back through last week's thread on Woodman. Some people commented that he flapped at a few crosses - MoscowJack, SkipTheJack, Professor, Badlands at least - maybe others. You were one of the ones who didn't think he did.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 21:14]
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:30 - Aug 10 with 1841 viewsDr_Winston

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:02 - Aug 10 by ploppy

Edit: I've just looked back through last week's thread on Woodman. Some people commented that he flapped at a few crosses - MoscowJack, SkipTheJack, Professor, Badlands at least - maybe others. You were one of the ones who didn't think he did.

Which is why it should be easy to pinpoint a couple of crosses he flapped at. Thus far nobody has.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:40 - Aug 10 with 1808 viewsProfessor

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:02 - Aug 10 by ploppy

Not seen today, but he did flap at a few last week. What I did say he was decisive, unlike Nordfelt. Clearly a good stopper too
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:54 - Aug 10 with 1766 viewsploppy

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:30 - Aug 10 by Dr_Winston

Which is why it should be easy to pinpoint a couple of crosses he flapped at. Thus far nobody has.

So do you want me to go through last week's full match replay and give you times?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 21:55]
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:55 - Aug 10 with 1760 viewsDr_Winston

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:54 - Aug 10 by ploppy

So do you want me to go through last week's full match replay and give you times?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 21:55]

Just one will do. Surely that would be easy if he flapped as much as some are claiming?

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:57 - Aug 10 with 1746 viewsItchySphincter

He was solid. People like to talk shit on here, that's fine by me, but sometimes peoples lack of understanding of the simple game leads them to pontificate on things they should really avoid, then the thickies and the usual suspects join in and the mob rules. It's just a general lack of basic intelligence and common sense.

Last week he was beaten early so the simpletons were baying for blood straight away, and then in the second half he dared to punch a cross - cue dummies spat out, toys out of the pram, etc.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:07 - Aug 10 with 1714 viewsjacks777

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:40 - Aug 10 by Professor

Not seen today, but he did flap at a few last week. What I did say he was decisive, unlike Nordfelt. Clearly a good stopper too

He didn’t flap at all. Give one example of him flapping. He likes to punch 🤜 the ball, nothing wrong with that.
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:12 - Aug 10 with 1695 viewsGlastonbury

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:30 - Aug 10 by Dr_Winston

Exactly some people see strange things. Just accept the boy is bloody good and the team won't bed far a return to the PL
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:19 - Aug 10 with 1656 views34dfgdf54

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 21:57 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

He was solid. People like to talk shit on here, that's fine by me, but sometimes peoples lack of understanding of the simple game leads them to pontificate on things they should really avoid, then the thickies and the usual suspects join in and the mob rules. It's just a general lack of basic intelligence and common sense.

Last week he was beaten early so the simpletons were baying for blood straight away, and then in the second half he dared to punch a cross - cue dummies spat out, toys out of the pram, etc.

Brilliant post Itch.

80% of the people on here unfortunately don’t know their ass from their elbow when it comes to football. Just one of those things.
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:22 - Aug 10 with 1638 viewsItchySphincter

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:19 - Aug 10 by 34dfgdf54

Brilliant post Itch.

80% of the people on here unfortunately don’t know their ass from their elbow when it comes to football. Just one of those things.

Apoplectic they were with that punch Risc!

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:33 - Aug 10 with 1591 viewsploppy

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:07 - Aug 10 by jacks777

He didn’t flap at all. Give one example of him flapping. He likes to punch 🤜 the ball, nothing wrong with that.

OK here's your example. At 75mins last week. He came and tried to punch - didn't get there. Now we can argue whether a failed punch is a flap or not. Commentator said that he had a bit of a flap at it. It wasn't the only example.
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:38 - Aug 10 with 1583 viewsItchySphincter

Ahhhhhh.... the commentator.....I seeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:40 - Aug 10 with 1571 viewsploppy

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:38 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

Ahhhhhh.... the commentator.....I seeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........

Nothing to do with the commentator - he just happened to say exactly what I thought. But obviously, you can add the commentator to the list of people. Have you had a look at the match replay?
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:43 - Aug 10 with 1556 viewsItchySphincter

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:40 - Aug 10 by ploppy

Nothing to do with the commentator - he just happened to say exactly what I thought. But obviously, you can add the commentator to the list of people. Have you had a look at the match replay?

Honestly, no. He did okay for a kid who has displaced two senior keepers in his first week and conceded in the his first five minute of his first game. Extraordinarily composed.

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:46 - Aug 10 with 1555 viewsBadlands

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:40 - Aug 10 by ploppy

He flapped - badly ... I was there.
He also had a couple of less bad flaps (!!!!!)

I didn't see the game today but was, according to Ratcliffe excellent on many levels (collecting, penalty and distribution) but he was criticised several times towards the end of the game of paling to collect and for being indicative.

A question to those ho saw the Derby game. 'Do you agree with Ratcliffe?'

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:51 - Aug 10 with 1540 viewsItchySphincter

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:46 - Aug 10 by Badlands

I didn't see the game today but was, according to Ratcliffe excellent on many levels (collecting, penalty and distribution) but he was criticised several times towards the end of the game of paling to collect and for being indicative.

Ratcliffe's a c*nt. I had the misfortune of listening to him today. As soon as the anchor/co-commentator tried to start a conversation on a point of interest Ratcliffe interrupted and spoke over him, generally completely missing the point and basically completely ruining what is already pretty much a shitshow anyway.

You sit not far from me, I've worked this out from your previous comments. It's now clear that your ears, as well as your eyes, are completely full of shit.

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 22:51 - Aug 10 with 1538 viewsploppy

He was excellent today.
New GK - Freddie Woodman on 23:35 - Aug 10 with 1471 viewsBanosswan

There's no such thing as bad flaps. Giggidy.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 23:59 - Aug 10 with 1416 viewsangryjack

New GK - Freddie Woodman on 23:35 - Aug 10 by Banosswan

There's no such thing as bad flaps. Giggidy.

He is going to be a good keeper comes quick off his line giving defenders confidence he's agile getting down the only drawback for me is he is too lightweight if a team targets him and puts balls constantly into the six yard box I fear he will be flattered whereas he should be clattering them but we will have to wait and see.thats why he prefers to punch don't want get hurt but I thought he was excellent today
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024