Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff United 11:16 - Aug 1 with 1534 viewsmagicdaps10

Got me thinking this morning, they have spent some money going into the prem this year without selling any of their players. We never bought until we sold first, is this ambition or stupidity by Sheff United?
Also what light does that put on the situation with us over the last few years that we have done it "supposedly" the right way but still have this never ending black hole that needs filling.

Going by all this, if Sheff Utd get relegated in 12 months time, they could seriously be in a lot of trouble.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sheff United on 11:17 - Aug 1 with 1519 views34dfgdf54

Stupidity imo.

Doing similar to Cardiff by signing good championship players, for an assault on the league if they get relegated, but at a much, much higher cost.
Sheff United on 11:19 - Aug 1 with 1492 viewssainthelens

Unless of course they've managed to be cute and put their signings on relegation wage contracts.
Sheff United on 11:29 - Aug 1 with 1447 viewsJacket

Said this on the forum yesterday. £40m+ they've spent and Ravel Morrison and Jagielka on serious wedge aftr arriving for free. The Fulham of this season, without the backing of a billionaire to prop them up when the inevitable happens. My first pick for relegation this season. Like Fulham last season, it's like watching a car crash, or should I say pileup, happening before your very eyes. The poor signings are so clear to see, the only worse business I can remember was us signing Clucas, Bony and Ayew for £48m, with Sanches' loan fee making it £50.
Sheff United on 11:35 - Aug 1 with 1413 viewslondonlisa2001

Prince Abdullah must be really worried. How on earth will he pay his bills...
Sheff United on 11:36 - Aug 1 with 1400 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Sheff United on 11:29 - Aug 1 by Jacket

Said this on the forum yesterday. £40m+ they've spent and Ravel Morrison and Jagielka on serious wedge aftr arriving for free. The Fulham of this season, without the backing of a billionaire to prop them up when the inevitable happens. My first pick for relegation this season. Like Fulham last season, it's like watching a car crash, or should I say pileup, happening before your very eyes. The poor signings are so clear to see, the only worse business I can remember was us signing Clucas, Bony and Ayew for £48m, with Sanches' loan fee making it £50.

Terrible buy's certain to go down!
Sheff United on 11:41 - Aug 1 with 1360 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Royal House of Saud must have fallen on very hard times if they’re no longer considered billionaires.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sheff United on 11:54 - Aug 1 with 1309 viewsJacket

Sheff United on 11:41 - Aug 1 by Joe_bradshaw

The Royal House of Saud must have fallen on very hard times if they’re no longer considered billionaires.

Should of checked who their owners were before writing shouldn't I!?
Sheff United on 12:14 - Aug 1 with 1227 viewsBadlands

It will be interesting to see how McBurnie does.
IMO three things going against him;
1) he played best when there were a few of his under 23 college around
2) he played best when he was roaming and staying deep - will he be given the freedom
3) although he scored 22 league goals last season he did miss as many good chances - will the PL forgive those errors.

If Sheffield get him scoring 15 - 20 they'll have done great job.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheff United on 12:15 - Aug 1 with 1221 viewslondonlisa2001

Sheff United on 11:54 - Aug 1 by Jacket

Lol.

The only issue they have is there is a battle at the moment between prince Abdullah and the local bloke who owns the other half of the club about the fair value for him to be bought out by Prince Abdullah. There was an agreement in place but now they’ve been promoted the local owner wants more.

Once that’s sorted, and it will be, the club have massive potential. Big city, Utd are the ‘city centre’ club, stadium holds about 32-33,000 but there are plans to increase capacity and owners have unlimited money.
Sheff United on 12:21 - Aug 1 with 1197 viewsBadlands

Sheff United on 12:15 - Aug 1 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

The only issue they have is there is a battle at the moment between prince Abdullah and the local bloke who owns the other half of the club about the fair value for him to be bought out by Prince Abdullah. There was an agreement in place but now they’ve been promoted the local owner wants more.

Once that’s sorted, and it will be, the club have massive potential. Big city, Utd are the ‘city centre’ club, stadium holds about 32-33,000 but there are plans to increase capacity and owners have unlimited money.

Local investor selling to some foreigner with no connection to the City ...their fans could simply upload comments from the usual suspects on here.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Sheff United on 12:27 - Aug 1 with 1171 viewslonglostjack

Sheff United on 12:21 - Aug 1 by Badlands

Local investor selling to some foreigner with no connection to the City ...their fans could simply upload comments from the usual suspects on here.

I doubt there’d be anybody who’d care providing due diligence was done and they turned out to be as generous to the city and club as the King Power Group has been with Leicester.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 12:30]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Sheff United on 12:57 - Aug 1 with 1079 viewslondonlisa2001

Sheff United on 12:21 - Aug 1 by Badlands

At least he knew who they were though badlands. Which is a step in the right direction don’t you think. And he sold half the club for £1 so that the investment Prince Abdullah wanted to make would go to the club not him.

See, you should check shouldn’t you? Before making yourself look foolish.
Sheff United on 13:01 - Aug 1 with 1056 viewsItchySphincter

Sheff United on 12:14 - Aug 1 by Badlands

It will be interesting to see how McBurnie does.
IMO three things going against him;
1) he played best when there were a few of his under 23 college around
2) he played best when he was roaming and staying deep - will he be given the freedom
3) although he scored 22 league goals last season he did miss as many good chances - will the PL forgive those errors.

If Sheffield get him scoring 15 - 20 they'll have done great job.

He'll be fine, don't worry.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Sheff United on 13:10 - Aug 1 with 1005 viewsblackpooljack

Sheff United on 13:01 - Aug 1 by ItchySphincter

He'll be fine, don't worry.

There will be no way on earth that he will score 15-20 goals.
Sheff United on 14:00 - Aug 1 with 896 viewsFireboy2

Sheff United on 13:10 - Aug 1 by blackpooljack

There will be no way on earth that he will score 15-20 goals.

If he scores over 15 i will platt fog.
Sheff United on 14:05 - Aug 1 with 877 viewsjacabertawe

Sheff United on 11:54 - Aug 1 by Jacket

Should also have checked your grammar: "have", not "of"!!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Sheff United on 14:27 - Aug 1 with 813 viewsbluey_the_blue

You think Morrison is on serious wedge?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024