Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legal action it is then 16:25 - Aug 1 with 7669 viewsDarran

The Swansea City Supporters Trust Board can confirm the following results in the recent consultation to members:

A total of 1572 ballot papers were issued with 848 valid ballot papers returned.

The results were:

81.80% of votes in favour of Option 1 - To Pursue Legal Action

17.15% of votes in favour of Option 2 - No Change

(1.05% of votes were returned on spoiled ballot papers)

The result now provides the Swans Trust Board with a firm mandate to proceed with the legal avenues outlined in our consultation document and our legal team and funders will continue their work at the earliest possible opportunity.

We will of course duly update our members as we progress.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Legal action it is then on 16:29 - Aug 1 with 5019 viewsWingstandwood

Thanks for posting that Darren, that has motivated me to pay the annual trust membership fee!

Argus!

Legal action it is then on 16:52 - Aug 1 with 4858 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Legal action it is then on 16:29 - Aug 1 by Wingstandwood

Thanks for posting that Darren, that has motivated me to pay the annual trust membership fee!

Me too.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Legal action it is then on 17:03 - Aug 1 with 4785 viewsDarran

Everyone should join.

Legal action it is then on 17:07 - Aug 1 with 4756 viewsFireboy2

Legal action it is then on 17:03 - Aug 1 by Darran

Everyone should join.

This
Legal action it is then on 17:13 - Aug 1 with 4707 viewschad

Legal action it is then on 17:18 - Aug 1 with 4641 viewsbermudajack

Legal action it is then on 17:13 - Aug 1 by chad

Great news, hopefully justice will prevail for the Trust...👍

On a side note - I find it incredible that so many members failed to vote at all 😳

I mean, what’s the point of being a member if you don’t vote? 🧐

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Legal action it is then on 17:19 - Aug 1 with 4628 viewsJack_y_Jwc

oh crap - I forgot to vote!!

Ah well, I would have gone for option 1 anyway and it's a resounding result

Legal action it is then on 17:21 - Aug 1 with 4602 viewsBlasterJack

Legal action it is then on 17:18 - Aug 1 by bermudajack

Great news, hopefully justice will prevail for the Trust...👍

On a side note - I find it incredible that so many members failed to vote at all 😳

I mean, what’s the point of being a member if you don’t vote? 🧐

54% bothered voting. As you say, what's the bloody point of being a member if you're not going to vote in the most important decision the trust has had to make since its inception?!?!
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 19:35]

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Login to get fewer ads

Legal action it is then on 17:28 - Aug 1 with 4540 viewsVetchfielder

Great news.

Well done to all that voted and this an emphatic majority and strong mandate that any Government could only dream of.

Well done to the Trust Board for the preparation of the documentation, their efforts with mediation, perseverance and commitment to getting to this point.

We're with you all the way.

Pathetic number of votes returned though. I can't understand that %

Proud to have been one of the 231

Legal action it is then on 17:30 - Aug 1 with 4525 viewsDafyddHuw

Legal action it is then on 16:29 - Aug 1 by Wingstandwood

Me too. Gave up my membership when the Trust voted to "build bridges" (still can't believe they could have been so naive).

Let's fight the good fight and get these people out, or get the money from them that we should have had from the get go. They haven't got the club's best interests at heart, just their wallets' best interest.
Legal action it is then on 18:10 - Aug 1 with 4357 viewsladyjack

Disappointing that the votes for legal action as a percentage of all ballot papers issued was less than 50%, this could be spun in a negative light.
Legal action it is then on 18:26 - Aug 1 with 4187 viewsmonmouth

Legal action it is then on 18:10 - Aug 1 by ladyjack

Disappointing that the votes for legal action as a percentage of all ballot papers issued was less than 50%, this could be spun in a negative light.

Why?

It’s not part of the legal case at all.

And anyway, an 81% in favour of a 54% vote is an absolute landslide, however it’s spun.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Legal action it is then on 18:30 - Aug 1 with 4151 viewsLeonWasGod

Legal action it is then on 17:30 - Aug 1 by DafyddHuw

Me too. Gave up my membership when the Trust voted to "build bridges" (still can't believe they could have been so naive).

Let's fight the good fight and get these people out, or get the money from them that we should have had from the get go. They haven't got the club's best interests at heart, just their wallets' best interest.

They won’t go unless they find a buyer they’re happy with.

If this is successful, where will the money come from and what will that mean for investment in the team. Genuine question; I’m not against it, just not sure what the implications are for the club.
Legal action it is then on 18:40 - Aug 1 with 4091 viewswaynekerr55

How long before the proxies turn up to tell us "Phil knew, his ego stopped the club, Huw, Leigh et al. care about the club"

Sad that its its come to this but we are where we are

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Legal action it is then on 18:41 - Aug 1 with 4072 viewsWingstandwood

There is another way of spinning the turnout i.e. a case of a lot of people didn't think they needed to bother to vote and left it to others.... because one betray after another betrayal and the deplorable contempt shown towards SCST/members meant there could only be one result and that was to take legal action.

I thought to myself that there would be absolutely zero chance of compromise and zero chance of a no-legal-action winning vote this time around.

Argus!

Legal action it is then on 18:42 - Aug 1 with 4068 viewsBadlands

Legal action it is then on 17:30 - Aug 1 by DafyddHuw

Get them out - and who takes overs?
Not more about wallets given the evidence o the last three years.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Legal action it is then on 18:44 - Aug 1 with 4041 viewslonglostjack

Great result ! So only 9.23% of the membership voted against legal action. Go Trust!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Legal action it is then on 18:45 - Aug 1 with 4038 viewswaynekerr55

Legal action it is then on 18:42 - Aug 1 by Badlands

Get them out - and who takes overs?
Not more about wallets given the evidence o the last three years.

Wallets given the evidence o?

Are you PeRcH?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Legal action it is then on 18:46 - Aug 1 with 4025 viewsDarran

Legal action it is then on 18:45 - Aug 1 by waynekerr55

Wallets given the evidence o?

Are you PeRcH?

There you are making a joke of it already.

Legal action it is then on 18:49 - Aug 1 with 4007 viewsLeonWasGod

Legal action it is then on 18:41 - Aug 1 by Wingstandwood

There is another way of spinning the turnout i.e. a case of a lot of people didn't think they needed to bother to vote and left it to others.... because one betray after another betrayal and the deplorable contempt shown towards SCST/members meant there could only be one result and that was to take legal action.

I thought to myself that there would be absolutely zero chance of compromise and zero chance of a no-legal-action winning vote this time around.

I think the only spin you need is that people in general are lazy fecks. Turnouts for council elections are 30-40% and that’s for something that affects many aspects of our lives, not just 90 mins on a Sat afternoon. 50whatever% is fine imo.
Legal action it is then on 18:49 - Aug 1 with 4003 viewsJinxy

I voted legal, as I did last time. After a long and busy day, what excellent news. I didn't expect it after the last one, especially the apathetic turnout. Go get 'em Floyd.
Legal action it is then on 18:58 - Aug 1 with 3940 viewsplasjack

Legal action it is then on 18:49 - Aug 1 by LeonWasGod

I think the only spin you need is that people in general are lazy fecks. Turnouts for council elections are 30-40% and that’s for something that affects many aspects of our lives, not just 90 mins on a Sat afternoon. 50whatever% is fine imo.

Its not often I back a winner, but we need as many as possible to sign up this season to increase the Trusts finances, legal teams don't come cheap and our owners will fit it tooth and nail.
Legal action it is then on 19:04 - Aug 1 with 3907 viewslonglostjack

Legal action it is then on 18:58 - Aug 1 by plasjack

Its not often I back a winner, but we need as many as possible to sign up this season to increase the Trusts finances, legal teams don't come cheap and our owners will fit it tooth and nail.

Agree. Important to get the PR right in the media too.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Legal action it is then on 19:12 - Aug 1 with 3860 viewsplasjack

Legal action it is then on 19:04 - Aug 1 by longlostjack

Agree. Important to get the PR right in the media too.

Fight for fit, my fingers need surgery.
Legal action it is then on 19:37 - Aug 1 with 3723 viewsbuilthjack

Recruitment drive needed

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024