Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Day before the season starts and striker ? 10:09 - Aug 2 with 2415 viewsNotLoyal

Mcburnnie gone to relegated Sheffield United, you would have thought some form of planning from the so called safe pair of hands would have been made ...
Who is up front v Hull ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 10:10 - Aug 2 with 2070 viewsbuilthjack

Has to be Baston up front. But agree with what you are saying.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 10:14 - Aug 2 with 2038 viewsNotLoyal

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 10:10 - Aug 2 by builthjack

Baston will be gone in a second if they can off load him, Petersen is a winger ok, he plays up front but not a striker. It's a concern, I can't see CBR being anything other than a bit part player.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 10:15]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 10:23 - Aug 2 with 1979 viewsLeonWasGod

Dyer

It'll be Baston won't it. Has to be. Can't use Routs as a false no. 9 as he's not fit. CBR is doubtful isn't he? Celina/Dyer are outside chances for false no. 9s, but the obvious option would be Baston.

It's pretty scandalous that we've got ourselves in this position again. Players always move on, I've no problem with that, but yet again we've landed ourselves in the sh*t with the timing.
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 10:30 - Aug 2 with 1947 viewsBadlands

CBR and Astro is officially a centre forward !

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 10:33 - Aug 2 with 1930 viewsbuilthjack

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 10:14 - Aug 2 by NotLoyal

Baston will be gone in a second if they can off load him, Petersen is a winger ok, he plays up front but not a striker. It's a concern, I can't see CBR being anything other than a bit part player.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 10:15]

We have a week to sign someone then. CBR would be an awful choice. League 1/2 player.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 11:12 - Aug 2 with 1848 viewsjasper_T

Borja and Routledge will compete to lead the line. CBR/Asoro/Cullen as emergency backup, or one of the wingers playing out of position.
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 11:35 - Aug 2 with 1755 viewsshandyjack

Borja will play tomorrow and most likely be our main striker with another option brought in next week.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 11:39 - Aug 2 with 1735 viewsvetchonian

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 10:23 - Aug 2 by LeonWasGod

Dyer

It'll be Baston won't it. Has to be. Can't use Routs as a false no. 9 as he's not fit. CBR is doubtful isn't he? Celina/Dyer are outside chances for false no. 9s, but the obvious option would be Baston.

It's pretty scandalous that we've got ourselves in this position again. Players always move on, I've no problem with that, but yet again we've landed ourselves in the sh*t with the timing.

Borja, tomorrow,and I am hoping that there are plans to bring in at least one other striker before nezt Thursday....part of me thinks the Oli deal was put "on ice" untill Scott arrived, maybe he has a gem or two up his sleeve.

Maybe we will keep Borja now untill January? Maybe get better offers if he is performing for us...I have more confidence in the current set up to make the right decsions than previously even think Birch will stand up a little to the Yanks but he has mre credence with them than HJ ...

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 11:43 - Aug 2 with 1718 viewsGaz_M

Peterson can also play up front....
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 11:47 - Aug 2 with 1698 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 10:10 - Aug 2 by builthjack

Agree with you both it's a fecking disgrace, lack or planning again, late appointing the Manager, late selling players and late buying replacement again FFS!
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 12:20 - Aug 2 with 1623 viewsjack_lord

If mcburnie is worth 20 million then baston is worth 40 million. Good job we have him as back up. I think Celina and Dyer will work well with him as well as the new guy. Who knows what this next week will bring.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 12:24 - Aug 2 with 1605 viewsGeoffThom

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 12:20 - Aug 2 by jack_lord

If mcburnie is worth 20 million then baston is worth 40 million. Good job we have him as back up. I think Celina and Dyer will work well with him as well as the new guy. Who knows what this next week will bring.

Don't get excited I can't sèe nothing but another asset strip
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 12:25 - Aug 2 with 1597 viewsandypitt56

We still have a week to bring in a replacement. Its not exactly a gylfi situation is it! Im staying positive on this one. Does anyone else think that celina might score more without mcburnie? I felt like a lot of time last year he was occupying the number 10 space with no one pushing forward. Borja is more likely to run in behind could be more effective. Time will tell i guess. Still good luck oli see you next season!
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 12:41 - Aug 2 with 1531 viewsJacket

Here we go asset stripping, give it a rest you fur king thickos, Christ alive! It's going to be Baston you bunch of duffers.
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 12:57 - Aug 2 with 1458 viewskarnataka

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 11:39 - Aug 2 by vetchonian

Borja, tomorrow,and I am hoping that there are plans to bring in at least one other striker before nezt Thursday....part of me thinks the Oli deal was put "on ice" untill Scott arrived, maybe he has a gem or two up his sleeve.

Maybe we will keep Borja now untill January? Maybe get better offers if he is performing for us...I have more confidence in the current set up to make the right decsions than previously even think Birch will stand up a little to the Yanks but he has mre credence with them than HJ ...

I've felt all along that the club had probably come to an agreement in principle to sell OMcB to the Blades before the Spain/Portugal training camp which would explain why Borja suddenly went from being one of the cast-offs to being a last minute part of the training camp squad and eventually given a squad number for the friendlies. Negotiations then started about the transfer fee and any terms and conditions attached to the move and meanwhile OMcB continued to train and play the friendlies a) in case negotiations broke down or b) so that he was already fit to hit the ground running for his new club when everything was agreed. That process has taken roughly 3-4 weeks.

Mostly guesswork on my part of course but definitely a plausible timescale. I'm sure the board would still prefer to offload Borja because of his wages but I'm glad we still have him to use as he's the only genuine striker we have who's clearly up to Championship standard. I'm sure Cooper is glad too.
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 13:01 - Aug 2 with 1411 viewsOldjack

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 12:41 - Aug 2 by Jacket

Here we go asset stripping, give it a rest you fur king thickos, Christ alive! It's going to be Baston you bunch of duffers.

and if he leaves which is very likely or even if he should stay and gets injured ,what then ?

Roughly 30 mill in and just about fuk all out ,now who's the thicko

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 13:06 - Aug 2 with 1389 viewsscruffyjack

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 12:57 - Aug 2 by karnataka

I've felt all along that the club had probably come to an agreement in principle to sell OMcB to the Blades before the Spain/Portugal training camp which would explain why Borja suddenly went from being one of the cast-offs to being a last minute part of the training camp squad and eventually given a squad number for the friendlies. Negotiations then started about the transfer fee and any terms and conditions attached to the move and meanwhile OMcB continued to train and play the friendlies a) in case negotiations broke down or b) so that he was already fit to hit the ground running for his new club when everything was agreed. That process has taken roughly 3-4 weeks.

Mostly guesswork on my part of course but definitely a plausible timescale. I'm sure the board would still prefer to offload Borja because of his wages but I'm glad we still have him to use as he's the only genuine striker we have who's clearly up to Championship standard. I'm sure Cooper is glad too.

We’ll see if he’s championship standard when he plays in it. We haven’t seen him for two years & he’s hardly set the world alight in that period.
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 13:56 - Aug 2 with 1234 viewsmajorraglan

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 12:57 - Aug 2 by karnataka

Baston at £50k per week is £2.5m a year, Ayew at £80k (possibly more) is north of £4m which I wouldn’t mind betting accounts for about 10% of clubs turnover. It won’t happen, but it would be reassuring if the owners provided some details to supported supported by facts. I have no doubt there is hard medicine to take, but would like reassurance the supporters aren’t being taken for mugs.
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 13:59 - Aug 2 with 1215 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who was one of our highest scorers during pre-season and "knows where the goal is" players?
Step up Jay Fulton, he probably wouldn't be any worse than CBR.
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 15:18 - Aug 2 with 1043 viewsJacket

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 13:56 - Aug 2 by majorraglan

Baston at £50k per week is £2.5m a year, Ayew at £80k (possibly more) is north of £4m which I wouldn’t mind betting accounts for about 10% of clubs turnover. It won’t happen, but it would be reassuring if the owners provided some details to supported supported by facts. I have no doubt there is hard medicine to take, but would like reassurance the supporters aren’t being taken for mugs.

Ayew being on the books and not playing is a real worry now. We could be in the same situation as Narsingh only with substantially higher wages. I can't for the life of me see him playing in the Championship, and as time goes on, the contribution we can expect to get from any club loaning him will reduce. The issue with him still being here after the window closes is that we wont be able to sign some possible target without knowing that we're getting at least some contribution towards Ayew's wages.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 15:19]
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 15:45 - Aug 2 with 960 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 12:20 - Aug 2 by jack_lord

He was sold for £17Million, which still was daylight robbery!
Day before the season starts and striker ? on 16:08 - Aug 2 with 899 viewsBadlands

A bit of digging shows Baston was on €23,000 at Malaga with 1/3 paid by us taking his salary to €34,000 (at exchange rates of the time £18,000 / £26,000
At Alaves €24,000,(£22,000) but no mention of us subsidising the loan (I would assume we did).

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 17:26 - Aug 2 with 757 viewsItchySphincter

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 11:47 - Aug 2 by AlfieMooresSon

Agree with you both it's a fecking disgrace, lack or planning again, late appointing the Manager, late selling players and late buying replacement again FFS!

Who's fault is that?

Serious question. Answer it, and then share it with my admirers.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 17:30 - Aug 2 with 738 viewsItchySphincter

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 15:18 - Aug 2 by Jacket

Ayew being on the books and not playing is a real worry now. We could be in the same situation as Narsingh only with substantially higher wages. I can't for the life of me see him playing in the Championship, and as time goes on, the contribution we can expect to get from any club loaning him will reduce. The issue with him still being here after the window closes is that we wont be able to sign some possible target without knowing that we're getting at least some contribution towards Ayew's wages.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 15:19]

OJ and his smelly followers will not like your post.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 17:35 - Aug 2 with 718 viewsNortbankboy

Day before the season starts and striker ? on 15:45 - Aug 2 by AlfieMooresSon

He was sold for £17Million, which still was daylight robbery!

Yrs we have well and truly shafted the blades.
Can't wait for their fans see him playing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024