Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us 10:18 - Aug 2 with 1920 viewsThrasher6

Will Socks and Dan James go the same way as these other mercenaries.....I hope so...feel free to add to the list...

Bony to Citeh..
Mawson to Fulham
Shelvey to Newcastle
Ashley to Everton
Sinclair to Man City
Trundle to Bristol City (Now forgiven)
Andre Ayew to West Ham
Joe Allen to Liverpool

[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 10:20]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:21 - Aug 2 with 1890 viewsItchySphincter

What makes you thin James and McB are mercenaries?

Why so bitter and twisted?

Embarrassing.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:23 - Aug 2 with 1870 viewsThrasher6

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:21 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

Embarrassing.

Because essentially all pro footballers are....stop deluding yourself..

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:23 - Aug 2 with 1867 viewsandypitt56

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:21 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

Embarrassing.

We got great fee's for both players. You cannot turn down that kind of money. Why is it such a big deal that players want to better themselves? I dont get the hate towards some to be honest. The old fashioned view of 1 club players is gone, Enjoy watching good players while there are here, once they have left who cares enjoy the next batch of players!
The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:27 - Aug 2 with 1838 viewsBadlands

OP forgot Leon.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:30 - Aug 2 with 1828 viewsdobjack2

Curt to Leeds - hardly a mercenary
The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:50 - Aug 2 with 1779 viewsJesusJack

So apparently, Swansea City are the only club in football history to sell players...

They are not mercenaries. It is a career. People need to grow up.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:53 - Aug 2 with 1759 viewsPorthcawlswan

James was happy to go to any club he though was of a higher caliber than Swansea. Mc Burnie was actually very much happy at Swansea and you could say gutted he was leaving
The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:54 - Aug 2 with 1758 viewsThrasher6

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:50 - Aug 2 by JesusJack

So apparently, Swansea City are the only club in football history to sell players...

We are all "mercenaries" in our own way....it's the way of the world I'm afraid. The world is driven by money and we'll all fall sucker to it. Invariably it will lead to the wrong decision though...

Login to get fewer ads

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 11:02 - Aug 2 with 1722 viewsmajorraglan

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:50 - Aug 2 by JesusJack

Absolutely. The players came to Swansea from other clubs as the Swans were a step up at that point. They have performed well and were rewarded with moves to other clubs who were able to offer them more money and a higher standard of football.

In Dan James case, he has come to Swansea, played well and got himself a move to one of the biggest clubs in the world, he’s also earned Swansea City a shedload of cash which keeps the wolf away from the door for a while. Likewise McBurnie, except Sheffield U aren’t as big as Man U.

I don’t want to lose players of their stature, but there’s a food chain and Swans aren’t at the apex, so will always be a selling club. Unless someone can correct me, it’s not as though either player have refused to play for the club like others elsewhere. They have done well by the club and the Swans by them.
The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 11:12 - Aug 2 with 1690 viewsJacket

We need no curse for Oli to bomb over there. Their signings have been so horrendous, no striker in the world would be a success at Sheffield United at the moment. For the outlay they've shelled out, it represents absolute no value for money whatsoever.
The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 18:35 - Aug 2 with 1521 viewsjackrmee

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:53 - Aug 2 by Porthcawlswan

James was happy to go to any club he though was of a higher caliber than Swansea. Mc Burnie was actually very much happy at Swansea and you could say gutted he was leaving

Spoke to them both have you?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 18:37 - Aug 2 with 1515 viewsbluey_the_blue

Embarrassing.

Did the op condemn James for being a mercenary when he left Hull to join you?

Asking for a friend.
The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 18:51 - Aug 2 with 1482 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Interesting that it’s considered a “curse” to massively increase your income. That’s the kind of curse we’d all be happy to endure.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 19:43 - Aug 2 with 1412 viewsTreforys_Jack

I don't think James will be a big hit at Man U , they expect more, and the ready made article, which he certainly isn't. Socks however is difficult to call, he has the knack of scoring goals and expectation on him won't be anything like DJ's. If he can grab important goals against their relegation rivals then he could become a crowd favourite.
The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 22:26 - Aug 2 with 1329 viewsTNT

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 18:37 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

Asking for a friend.

byron is it?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 09:02 - Aug 3 with 1182 viewsGixerJack

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 18:37 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

Asking for a friend.

I sometimes hear those voices too
The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 09:09 - Aug 3 with 1171 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Embarrassing.

They can hardly be classed as such. Has the OP never taken a pay rise? Now Andre Ayew- that’s the epitome of a mercenary.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 09:15 - Aug 3 with 1161 viewsjack247

Why does anybody care how players get on after they leave us?

Us getting performance related addons aside.
The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 09:42 - Aug 3 with 1131 viewsSgorioFruit

I personally hope Dan James rips the premier league apart and Utd win the premier league on the final day with one Dan James goal

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 09:48 - Aug 3 with 1124 viewssherpajacob

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:23 - Aug 2 by Thrasher6

Because essentially all pro footballers are....stop deluding yourself..

professional
ADJECTIVE
engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as an amateur.
"a professional boxer"
synonyms:
paid · salaried · non-amateur · full-time

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 10:22 - Aug 3 with 1093 viewsGlyn1

I'm puzzled why the original poster considers Shelves to be a failure at Newcastle. He's a regular player in a Premier League team who is popular with their fans - in what way is that a failure?

Jack Cork is also doing well.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The on 12:51 - Aug 3 with 1023 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 09:15 - Aug 3 by jack247

Why does anybody care how players get on after they leave us?

Us getting performance related addons aside.

I'll admit, and it makes me feel dirty admitting it, that I typically root a little against them and their new club, even players I really liked a lot as Swans. Not so much because of bitterness that they left; rather, it's due to my desire to see that Swansea didn't get the short end of the stick when we sold them.

Socks will be an obvious exception though, since we have £2 million riding on Sheffield United staying up.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 13:04]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 13:26 - Aug 3 with 973 viewsThrasher6

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 09:48 - Aug 3 by sherpajacob

professional
ADJECTIVE
engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as an amateur.
"a professional boxer"
synonyms:
paid · salaried · non-amateur · full-time

Read the Secret Footballer book.....

The "Curse" of high profile players moving on from us on 14:35 - Aug 3 with 901 viewsMrSwerve

I’d say nearly all of them went on to ‘better things’ if you take your Swansea blinkers off...

Bony went to one of the best clubs in the UK on a bumper wage

Mawson had an extra season in the PL rather than being with us in a mediocre Championship season, also on a higher wage

Shelvey went to one of the best supported clubs in the UK also on a nice wage and is still in the PL

Ash went to a very famous club for a nice wage and played regularly

Sinclair ended up playing for Celtic

Allen played regularly for Liverpool and did fairly well

All players are ‘mercenaries’ even Trundle and Leon.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024