Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman statment 12:22 - Aug 2 with 8132 viewsGeoffThom

Does not fill me with happiness, whilst I understand the need to balance the books
He is more or less saying after these two big sales were still in the doo do
These feckin yanks have really had some bugger over financially. they seem to have no respect for people who support the club
Take us to the next level must go down in history as a feckin joke
Yet dc have money I wonder were that comes from
Good luck oil
Chairman statment on 12:26 - Aug 2 with 3775 viewsCaptain_Sham

Rather than someones interpretation of what he said, heres what he actually said.

"I can fully appreciate and understand that supporters will be disappointed to see Oli leave the football club. I can assure you, I’m just as disappointed. He’s a great player and a large character who will be sorely missed.

"We did not want to lose him and had turned down three previous bids from Sheffield United over the last few weeks, but their fourth and final bid was at a level that we had to seriously consider.

“I had mentioned in my communications to our supporters previously that we would only sell if an offer came in that I felt we couldn’t ignore.

“I believe the offer for Oli was at that level and we wouldn’t be putting the future of the club and its supporters first if we turned it down, because I have to think about the long-term stability and sustainability of the club.

Head coach Steve Cooper speaks with chairman Trevor Birch.

“As I’ve discussed previously, we still have a substantial financial deficit to overcome following relegation. The transfer of Dan James to Manchester United gave us breathing space, as did Jordan Ayew’s move to Crystal Palace from a wage perspective, but we still have some way to go to get this club back on a sound financial footing.

“You only have to look around at clubs like Bolton Wanderers and Bury to see how easy it is to get into financial difficulties and how important it is to run a club on a responsible financial basis. I dread to think what their supporters are feeling at the moment. These clubs could literally go out of business.

“That’s why the offer for Oli had to be accepted. We couldn’t afford to take the financial gamble. As I said earlier, I know how disappointed our fans will be, but I can only stress that during our rebuilding process we have to suffer some short-term pain for long-term gain.

Oli McBurnie

“I’m optimistic about the future as we have made some great appointments behind the scenes which I hope will pay long-term dividends in terms of our performance and future recruitment. This football club is too important to the community and our supporters for us to take the wrong decisions at this stage and gamble with its future.

“That is the honest position we are in because we have to work within our current financial framework.

“We’ve still got the nucleus of a really strong team with huge potential. I can only stress that we will do our utmost to bring in replacements that will further strengthen us and enable us to mount a challenge in the Championship this season — and give you a team and a club to be proud of for many years to come.’’
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 12:28]

Its just a ride.

Chairman statment on 12:27 - Aug 2 with 3763 viewsandypitt56

Dc have money because they have a regular stable income with no relegation...... The wage bill is our problem, the sales of players just help in the sort term. Also helps with cash flow to buy players.
Chairman statment on 12:28 - Aug 2 with 3734 viewsGeoffThom

Chairman statment on 12:27 - Aug 2 by andypitt56

Dc have money because they have a regular stable income with no relegation...... The wage bill is our problem, the sales of players just help in the sort term. Also helps with cash flow to buy players.

We will sell more yet and it's not just the high rollers either
Chairman statment on 12:31 - Aug 2 with 3692 viewsswan65split

Remember ........"no need to sell".
Chairman statment on 12:39 - Aug 2 with 3620 viewsjasper_T

Chairman statment on 12:31 - Aug 2 by swan65split

Remember ........"no need to sell".

No need to sell doesn't mean that selling in some cases won't be seen as beneficial to the club. Like when we turn down three bids and they practically double their initial offer.

£20m will be our total annual turnover in a couple of seasons, should we not get promoted. It's a huge amount of money for both the short and long-term stability of the club. Football at this level is not a profitable or even sustainable business without transfers these days.

Bolton's players haven't been paid for 5 months. They could have a team of kids out this weekend. New owners want loans from the PFA just to get the deal over the line.
Chairman statment on 12:52 - Aug 2 with 3530 viewsOldjack

Sorry but I'm not going believe anything those Yanks have to say ,their track record is abysmal ,bullshittng they are very good at

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Chairman statment on 13:04 - Aug 2 with 3424 viewsperplex

We are being fleeced and Birch is in on it, that's why the Yanks appointed him, this debt will go on and on and on and even in two years time when many of our top players will have been sold our gullible fan base will still be led down the garden path believing the hedge funders spin talk.
Chairman statment on 13:24 - Aug 2 with 3297 viewsSwansea93

We will try and bring reinforcements in? At this rate we'll have CBR as our first team striker.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

Chairman statment on 13:28 - Aug 2 with 3275 viewsbluey_the_blue

People are focusing on debt. That's not the issue, servicble debt is good.

The real problem is... "we still have a substantial financial deficit to overcome following relegation".

Deficit. As in less money in than needed to repay debt.
Chairman statment on 13:30 - Aug 2 with 3250 viewsGaz_M

Chairman statment on 13:24 - Aug 2 by Swansea93

We will try and bring reinforcements in? At this rate we'll have CBR as our first team striker.

No we won't.
Chairman statment on 13:37 - Aug 2 with 3186 viewsswan65split

Chairman statment on 12:39 - Aug 2 by jasper_T

No need to sell doesn't mean that selling in some cases won't be seen as beneficial to the club. Like when we turn down three bids and they practically double their initial offer.

£20m will be our total annual turnover in a couple of seasons, should we not get promoted. It's a huge amount of money for both the short and long-term stability of the club. Football at this level is not a profitable or even sustainable business without transfers these days.

Bolton's players haven't been paid for 5 months. They could have a team of kids out this weekend. New owners want loans from the PFA just to get the deal over the line.

It wont be a good deal if we are relegated, and will put the fans "trust" in the Club back decades !!!
A good deal weighs up all options, but then a gain its a Hedge fund .

Due diligence.
Chairman statment on 13:38 - Aug 2 with 3171 viewsjasper_T

Chairman statment on 13:37 - Aug 2 by swan65split

It wont be a good deal if we are relegated, and will put the fans "trust" in the Club back decades !!!

Due diligence.

You think we'll be relegated?
Chairman statment on 13:43 - Aug 2 with 3121 viewsbluey_the_blue

Chairman statment on 13:38 - Aug 2 by jasper_T

It's always a possibility.

You've had some good young players come in, question is were they "one season" wonders, will they kick on? It's different when bringing in experienced players - you've a body of work to compare against, can see what they can consistently provide.

I'd say there are worse squads than yours but as always at this level, it's how badly players want it.
Chairman statment on 13:48 - Aug 2 with 3086 viewsthornabyswan

Chairman statment on 13:43 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

You've had some good young players come in, question is were they "one season" wonders, will they kick on? It's different when bringing in experienced players - you've a body of work to compare against, can see what they can consistently provide.

I'd say there are worse squads than yours but as always at this level, it's how badly players want it.

At least we won't have to suffer the dross your lot serve up.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Chairman statment on 13:49 - Aug 2 with 3081 viewsbluey_the_blue

Chairman statment on 13:48 - Aug 2 by thornabyswan

At least we won't have to suffer the dross your lot serve up.

We play good football at times, mix it up rather than being one dimensional.
Chairman statment on 13:50 - Aug 2 with 3071 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chairman statment on 13:43 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

Pre season suggests (performance wise) that they already have.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Chairman statment on 13:51 - Aug 2 with 3060 viewsbluey_the_blue

Chairman statment on 13:50 - Aug 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Pre season suggests (performance wise) that they already have.

Good to hear from your perspective, it's the competitive matches that are more important.
Chairman statment on 13:53 - Aug 2 with 3038 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Chairman statment on 13:04 - Aug 2 by perplex

We are being fleeced and Birch is in on it, that's why the Yanks appointed him, this debt will go on and on and on and even in two years time when many of our top players will have been sold our gullible fan base will still be led down the garden path believing the hedge funders spin talk.

How?
Please explain the how and where the money actually leaves the club and goes to the Yanks?
When you do perhaps we can notify the FA to see if what they are doing is legal or not.
Chairman statment on 13:54 - Aug 2 with 3031 viewsthornabyswan

Chairman statment on 13:49 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

We play good football at times, mix it up rather than being one dimensional.

I watched you on telly against Newcastle twice and Burnley away as well.

It was painful to watch made Stoke look like the great Brazil side of 1982.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Chairman statment on 13:57 - Aug 2 with 3011 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Due diligence.

We should have made the playoffs last season. That was with raw kids and a tinkering manager.
Relegation? I would class the chances as being 100/1 against barring we keep the squad we have now.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Chairman statment on 13:59 - Aug 2 with 2994 viewsThrasher6

Chairman statment on 13:54 - Aug 2 by thornabyswan

I watched you on telly against Newcastle twice and Burnley away as well.

It was painful to watch made Stoke look like the great Brazil side of 1982.

This.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Chairman statment on 13:59 - Aug 2 with 2994 viewsSmellyplumz

Due diligence.

and will put the fans "trust" in the Club back decades

🤣 You've missed the boat there son, its already happened.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Chairman statment on 14:07 - Aug 2 with 2935 viewsswan65split

Chairman statment on 13:59 - Aug 2 by Smellyplumz

and will put the fans "trust" in the Club back decades

🤣 You've missed the boat there son, its already happened.

Maybe re phrased it better "killed of interest"
Chairman statment on 14:08 - Aug 2 with 2927 viewsswan65split

You dont??
Chairman statment on 14:10 - Aug 2 with 2911 viewsswan65split

TBH i have no idea, new Manager etc.....i will wait to see how we perform for a doz or so games,
Football is never predictable is it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024