Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman statment 12:22 - Aug 2 with 8111 viewsGeoffThom

Does not fill me with happiness, whilst I understand the need to balance the books
He is more or less saying after these two big sales were still in the doo do
These feckin yanks have really had some bugger over financially. they seem to have no respect for people who support the club
Take us to the next level must go down in history as a feckin joke
Yet dc have money I wonder were that comes from
Good luck oil
Chairman statment on 15:39 - Aug 2 with 1253 viewsjasper_T

Only Andre Ayew from your list has multiple years left. Carroll, Borja and Montero's contracts all expire at the end of this season.
Chairman statment on 15:40 - Aug 2 with 1252 viewsandypitt56

Chairman statment on 15:05 - Aug 2 by perplex

Have you gone through life being easily led.

I see no evidence of what you suggest is happening. Have you thought about how much money we wasted on players with big wages?? Because that is the real reason we are in financial difficulties or do you just ignore that to just spout rubbish about the Americans taking money out of the club? you are right though they are here to make money, however the only way they make money is buy selling us to make a profit or by paying Dividends once a profit is made ( the previous ownership previously did this).
Chairman statment on 15:45 - Aug 2 with 1219 viewsswan65split

Chairman statment on 15:40 - Aug 2 by andypitt56

I see no evidence of what you suggest is happening. Have you thought about how much money we wasted on players with big wages?? Because that is the real reason we are in financial difficulties or do you just ignore that to just spout rubbish about the Americans taking money out of the club? you are right though they are here to make money, however the only way they make money is buy selling us to make a profit or by paying Dividends once a profit is made ( the previous ownership previously did this).

Not only players, sacked Managers and staff.....
Chairman statment on 15:45 - Aug 2 with 1219 viewsperplex

Chairman statment on 15:24 - Aug 2 by Gaz_M

No I'm not. Clown.

Oh yes you are, gullible idiots like yourself should be outside picking Daisey's on a day like this, you really are to nieve to do much else, so go on off you go.
Chairman statment on 15:48 - Aug 2 with 1198 viewsswan65split

Chairman statment on 15:11 - Aug 2 by Jacket

So you reckon we're 100% going down. I'll bet you anything we won't.

Number 1.........I never said that.

Number 2.........I dont bet.

Number 3.........You need to read more.

Number 4........ Dont read into things until you read more.
Chairman statment on 15:51 - Aug 2 with 1184 viewsvetchonian

Chairman statment on 15:39 - Aug 2 by jasper_T

Only Andre Ayew from your list has multiple years left. Carroll, Borja and Montero's contracts all expire at the end of this season.

Thanks for the update Jasper....so things improve a little next year....maybe!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Chairman statment on 15:53 - Aug 2 with 1169 viewsTreforys_Jack

Why is it the people who understand the situation are calm and rational whilst the people screaming about asset stripping etc resort to personal insults at the first opportunity.
Chairman statment on 15:56 - Aug 2 with 1153 viewsBadlands

It's exactly as he's been saying since he arrived.

DC United were already financially stable before the development went ahead - they sold and franchised land, got good deals and sponsorship. Ground, shirt and exclusive Coca-Cola deals on their concourse raises close to $10,000,000 a year.
They wage bill last season, including players + Rooney, was c$16,000,000 with overall running costs c$23,000,000
Ticket prices average $40 and average attendance was 21,600
Undisclosed TV packages.

Swansea
Swansea’s operating loss before player sales were accounted for was a mammoth £48.3million, as £175million of costs heavily outweighed just under £127million of club revenues. (to May 2018)

Stable and sustainable.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Chairman statment on 15:59 - Aug 2 with 1138 viewsmynamesjeff1

Chairman statment on 14:59 - Aug 2 by monmouth

Birch is talking about future sustainability. I read it all as a consistent refrain. Yes we could have survived now without selling McBurnie but Ayew has a 4 year contract and Montero and Carroll (plus Baston, who at least we can use) are still anchoring us down. So that’s where itchy is correct. He needs to offload them before he earns his bonus. But we would have sold McBurnie for 20m anyway. One bad few months and that value isn’t simply reduced, it’s destroyed. I’ll say again, I don’t trust the f*ckers an inch, but they still haven’t made any moves that I can’t see a rock solid argument for, and I would have done the same.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 15:12]

Where on earth do you get Andre Ayew 4 year contract from? It ends the end of next season.
Chairman statment on 16:00 - Aug 2 with 1128 viewsJacket

Chairman statment on 15:45 - Aug 2 by perplex

Oh yes you are, gullible idiots like yourself should be outside picking Daisey's on a day like this, you really are to nieve to do much else, so go on off you go.

Funny how sheeple who spout out bollox about asset stripping only because they heard some other duffer saying it are calling people who don't believe their tosh easily lead. You're the easily lead one, repeating utter nonsense like a pathetic sheep.

Yes they are a bunch of Yankers, they haven't spent a penny and don't intend to. They don't have the interests of the club at heart, but they are not asset stripping.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:04]
Chairman statment on 16:01 - Aug 2 with 1130 viewsmonmouth

Chairman statment on 15:59 - Aug 2 by mynamesjeff1

Where on earth do you get Andre Ayew 4 year contract from? It ends the end of next season.

4 years from joining, so two years to go.

Jasper updated the others which will still drag on us for another year.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Chairman statment on 16:04 - Aug 2 with 1106 viewsthornabyswan

Chairman statment on 15:59 - Aug 2 by mynamesjeff1

2 years into a 4 year contract.

Cost us over 35 million quid for 12 games excellent work Huw.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:05]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Chairman statment on 16:06 - Aug 2 with 1093 viewsjasper_T

Chairman statment on 15:51 - Aug 2 by vetchonian

Thanks for the update Jasper....so things improve a little next year....maybe!

Nordfeldt, Mulder, Naughton, Dyer, Routledge, van der Hoorn, Carroll, Borja and Montero makes I don't know maybe £12-15m in contracts to run out but the parachute payment drops £20m. Black hole is an appropriate term.

Brentford's wage bill at this level is twice their turnover before player sales and they've got a solid wage structure in place. When the parachute payments run out the Championship is a scary market to play in. No one's treading water and keeping the family silver intact. It's either player sales, generous owners or racking up debt and gambling on making it up before having a fire sale/HMRC come knocking.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:07]
Chairman statment on 16:23 - Aug 2 with 1007 viewsperplex

Chairman statment on 16:00 - Aug 2 by Jacket

Funny how sheeple who spout out bollox about asset stripping only because they heard some other duffer saying it are calling people who don't believe their tosh easily lead. You're the easily lead one, repeating utter nonsense like a pathetic sheep.

Yes they are a bunch of Yankers, they haven't spent a penny and don't intend to. They don't have the interests of the club at heart, but they are not asset stripping.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:04]

Oh shut up mun, you have been spouting the same shizer since the black hole first appeard, and you will be spouting the same shizer 2 years down the line when many more players will be sold for vast amounts, and guess what the black hole will still be there.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:28]
Chairman statment on 16:32 - Aug 2 with 971 viewssainthelens

Chairman statment on 13:49 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

We play good football at times, mix it up rather than being one dimensional.

Fckn hell.
Chairman statment on 16:43 - Aug 2 with 944 viewsswancity

Chairman statment on 15:03 - Aug 2 by monmouth

That won’t matter, The legal case will purely be on whether what they did at the time of the sale was legal or whether the minority was unfairly treated. The consequential loss is clear, but it all stems from the legality of the sale.

It will matter as it’s exactly what the Trust were guarding against ( sale to unsuitable owners ) so it’s certainly relevant and helpful in that regard.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Chairman statment on 16:50 - Aug 2 with 917 viewsmagicdaps10

Chairman statment on 13:49 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

We play good football at times, mix it up rather than being one dimensional.

I would rather drink my own pisss and spend 8 hours in a locked room listening to E20 than pay to watch that shiiit that no eyebrows Warnock has you playing.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Chairman statment on 16:52 - Aug 2 with 917 viewsjackrmee

Chairman statment on 13:24 - Aug 2 by Swansea93

We will try and bring reinforcements in? At this rate we'll have CBR as our first team striker.

Borja

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chairman statment on 16:56 - Aug 2 with 899 viewsjackrmee

Chairman statment on 14:20 - Aug 2 by jasper_T

We're unbeaten at home since the turn of the year, one of the best possession teams in the division (think Leeds pipped us in the end), and even without McBurnie have retained a higher percentage of player-minutes from last season than most.

A reliable 20+ goal a season striker is a miss but Derby, Leeds, Boro, Bristol and Forest didn't have one (all finished above us) and we left a lot of points on the table (or off the table) due to the worst set piece defending record in the division, which Cooper and Margetson have vowed to fix.

Borja, Peterson and Wilmot are good players. Bidwell looks serviceable in what was a problem position. Grimes is still here, van der Hoorn and Rodon, Celina, Byers, Dyer and Routledge. Maybe Cooper turns out to be a clueless disaster of an appointment but we've played good stuff in preseason.

10 points off the playoffs, 25 above relegation last season. I know which one I think is more likely.

...but if Cooper turns out to be the real deal...

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chairman statment on 16:58 - Aug 2 with 888 viewsjackrmee

Chairman statment on 14:51 - Aug 2 by perplex

To the dopey ones, on here who want evidence provided about us being fleeced well basically if the Yanks were not able to take money for profit they would not have bought the club in the first place.there hedge funders they take money mun.hope that helps sorry I can not show you the books but there you go
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 14:57]

They get that from dividends, which they haven't been taking tbh

Chairman statment on 17:00 - Aug 2 with 880 viewsjackrmee

Chairman statment on 14:59 - Aug 2 by monmouth

Birch is talking about future sustainability. I read it all as a consistent refrain. Yes we could have survived now without selling McBurnie but Ayew has a 4 year contract and Montero and Carroll (plus Baston, who at least we can use) are still anchoring us down. So that’s where itchy is correct. He needs to offload them before he earns his bonus. But we would have sold McBurnie for 20m anyway. One bad few months and that value isn’t simply reduced, it’s destroyed. I’ll say again, I don’t trust the f*ckers an inch, but they still haven’t made any moves that I can’t see a rock solid argument for, and I would have done the same.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 15:12]

Totally agree mate.

Chairman statment on 17:11 - Aug 2 with 833 viewsjackrmee

Chairman statment on 15:16 - Aug 2 by Oldjack

they really haven't made any moves on the strengthen of the playing staff ,plenty of weakening though, fair do's ,if it carries on our future is downwards , All we keep on hearing is them pleading poverty ,more bullshyte !

Manager and backroom staff is the most important thing right now. We probably have one of the best teams in the EFL when it comes to that.

Playing staff are above average for the division imo, even without Dan and Oli. Ok, we are a little short on numbers, but I think that will be rectified before the end of the window.

I am extremely optimistic and I can only see the future moving upwards.

I can't remember anyone pleading poverty either tbh

Chairman statment on 17:15 - Aug 2 with 808 viewsjackrmee

Chairman statment on 15:33 - Aug 2 by vetchonian

To be honest I will br glad when the football actually starts and we can focus on that,we all have our opinions on what is going on...the problem is due to the way the sellouts handled the sale..the new majority shareholders have been tarred and feathered.....we fans need to realise they do not have the attachment to the club and view it purely as a business....the only way they will recover their "investment" is selling us on......we are not a Man U with a massive income stream ...we made money and remained "solvent" as our mantra since recovering the club from Petty was to spend withihn our means..
We got a great start wiht some good player accquisiton through FLynn and Kevin Reeves,then Jackett and then Bobby and his team brought us our grat football again with Kevin reeves scouting the right players at "bargain " prices.

Once we got to the PL that model was no longer sustainable and despite talk to the contrary our new majority shareholders did and have spent significant sums since they acquired us. Alot of money was thrown unsuccessfully at trying to retain our PL status...with HJ guiding player recruitment...we all know how that turned out. The figures on the clubs "loss and profit" from transfer dealings is document elswhere on this board.The spend on player recruitment has reduced since we were relegated ...guess what we fell out of the PL with a huge cost burden and the loss of revenue streams. The parachute payments dont account for the total of that shortfall.
YEs we have sold players and cancelled contracts so we have reduced some of the burden but there is still a long way to go and I whilst I am not estatic by our current ownership model I am also not convinced as so many in here on preaching that we are being fleeced.....in fact I think quite the opposite is occuring...these "astute" businessmen who are our majority shareholders are attempting to put us back on an even fimamcial keel after the previous so called fan owners fleeced us and overspent to retain the PL status ensuring a sale and future bonuses?

Ayew, Baston Carrol Montero still here with significant basic salaries,,,Baston now playing aa Oli was sold... we need to look beyond this season as has been said these individuals still have several years left on their contracts.....we will need to honour those whilst all around us income falls away. Many on here have stated they will not spend in the stadium not to put money into the "yanks" pockets....even more deppening of whatever the "black hole " is....less attendees so less revenue fom ticket slaes though these at best would only account for c £10M ?The parachute payments end soon....take a look on the internet of th reports of the losses Championship clubs are making...amongst those are clubs bigger than us with "owners" who have cash and seem more philanthropic!
Recently I have begun to wonder that those who own us wanted the NDA from Stu Mac should he see the books in case they were worried that he told the truth about how bad thinga are and all of sudden creditors start closing in on us, banks wont be so helpful etc,and other clubs then know they can make silly offers for players!

I still doubt there are any finacial shannanigins going on....but I dsont have all the facts but we certainly arent paying Rooney s wages for DC United....its simple maths.

We all belive what we want to believe..

Very good read. ANd I must say, I agree with every word. (apart from "belive")

edit: Oh and fimamcial haha
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 17:16]

Chairman statment on 17:15 - Aug 2 with 807 viewslonglostjack

Chairman statment on 17:11 - Aug 2 by jackrmee

Manager and backroom staff is the most important thing right now. We probably have one of the best teams in the EFL when it comes to that.

Playing staff are above average for the division imo, even without Dan and Oli. Ok, we are a little short on numbers, but I think that will be rectified before the end of the window.

I am extremely optimistic and I can only see the future moving upwards.

I can't remember anyone pleading poverty either tbh

Hopefully VdH doesn’t leave on the last day of the window.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Chairman statment on 17:16 - Aug 2 with 804 viewsTreforys_Jack

Chairman statment on 16:58 - Aug 2 by jackrmee

They get that from dividends, which they haven't been taking tbh

Sshhh mun, facts like that distort the asset stripping theory. They may well asset strip us in the future, but at the moment they are just undoing the mess HJ left us in albeit under their watch. The Americans were naive , Jenkins incompetent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024