Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tummer, WTF! 02:35 - Aug 4 with 9664 viewsDJack

A terrible day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49221936

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tummer, WTF! on 02:39 - Aug 4 with 6036 viewsGroo

If only everyone in Walmart was armed to the teeth, eh!

Groo does what Groo does best

Tummer, WTF! on 02:52 - Aug 4 with 6030 viewsDJack

Tummer, WTF! on 02:39 - Aug 4 by Groo

If only everyone in Walmart was armed to the teeth, eh!

I agree but now is not the time mate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tummer, WTF! on 07:03 - Aug 4 with 5948 viewsGlastonbury

Awful scenes. Just awful. Do Americans carry guns going about their daily day ? As I never hear anyone bad the police shooting the terrorist or / shooter for e.g.

If they don't carry guns then don't sell them to Joe public
Tummer, WTF! on 08:46 - Aug 4 with 5852 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Yeah, crazy day.

When I'm not wasting time on Planet Swans, I'm the General Manager of a retail/office development somewhat similar in size to Cielo Vista Mall where this happened (ironically, my property Watters Creek is in Allen, a suburb of Dallas where the El Paso shooter lived). I'm always worried something like this might happen at Watters Creek. We're in a nice area where crime is almost nonexistent, but something like this can happen anywhere. At least anywhere in the USA.

Better gun control in this country simply needs to happen. I don't know much about guns, personally, nor do I care to, but that seems pretty obvious.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Tummer, WTF! on 08:58 - Aug 4 with 5810 viewsAndy1300

Tummer, WTF! on 08:46 - Aug 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yeah, crazy day.

When I'm not wasting time on Planet Swans, I'm the General Manager of a retail/office development somewhat similar in size to Cielo Vista Mall where this happened (ironically, my property Watters Creek is in Allen, a suburb of Dallas where the El Paso shooter lived). I'm always worried something like this might happen at Watters Creek. We're in a nice area where crime is almost nonexistent, but something like this can happen anywhere. At least anywhere in the USA.

Better gun control in this country simply needs to happen. I don't know much about guns, personally, nor do I care to, but that seems pretty obvious.

Shame your presidents past and present don't have the balls to enforce more controls

Another sad day but not the last

Number 1 team in Wales

Tummer, WTF! on 09:04 - Aug 4 with 5791 viewsTummer_from_Texas

That said, I'm pessimistic that the USA will ever change, at least not in my lifetime. The guns are already out there, and it seems pretty impossible to do anything about the existing supply.

If sweeping gun legislation were to happen, any positive result could take years (maybe generations) to really be evident, and the massive pro gun crowd will just say "see it didn't work, and the criminals still have guns."

The 2017 national ban of bump stocks was significant, but we still have a long way to go. I suppose better background checks are the next step.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Tummer, WTF! on 09:09 - Aug 4 with 5776 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Tummer, WTF! on 08:58 - Aug 4 by Andy1300

Shame your presidents past and present don't have the balls to enforce more controls

Another sad day but not the last

The present one is actually the only one in recent history who has done anything significant, banning bump stocks.

But enacting gun control legislation is ultimately the responsibility of our Congress, not the president.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 9:11]

Tummer, WTF! on 09:17 - Aug 4 with 5746 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Sh1t, now this morning there's early reports of ANOTHER mass shooting in Ohio.

Login to get fewer ads

Tummer, WTF! on 09:22 - Aug 4 with 5729 viewsexiledclaseboy

20 killed in El Paso by what seems to be a white nationalist like the president. Now nine more in Ohio.

Poll: Tory leader

Tummer, WTF! on 09:40 - Aug 4 with 5700 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Tummer, WTF! on 09:22 - Aug 4 by exiledclaseboy

20 killed in El Paso by what seems to be a white nationalist like the president. Now nine more in Ohio.

A very sad and long list.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-da

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Tummer, WTF! on 09:48 - Aug 4 with 5678 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tummer, WTF! on 09:40 - Aug 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

A very sad and long list.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-da

Religion of peace

Or something

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tummer, WTF! on 09:56 - Aug 4 with 5657 viewsItchySphincter

Tummer, WTF! on 02:52 - Aug 4 by DJack

I agree but now is not the time mate.

Just out of interest - when is the time?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Tummer, WTF! on 11:00 - Aug 4 with 5580 viewsHighjack

Tummer, WTF! on 09:56 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

Perhaps one day when there isn’t a mass shooting we can all talk about it but when they average over one mass shooting per day it could be a while...

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tummer, WTF! on 12:22 - Aug 4 with 5506 viewswobbly

It looks like in Ohio we had the good people with guns right there, with first responders neutralising the shooter in less than one minute.

And yet still 9 are dead and 26 injured.

I’m confident this won’t put an end to the bull5hit line on gun control that the only thing that stops bad people with guns are good people with guns.
Tummer, WTF! on 12:24 - Aug 4 with 5502 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Tummer, WTF! on 12:22 - Aug 4 by wobbly

It looks like in Ohio we had the good people with guns right there, with first responders neutralising the shooter in less than one minute.

I’m confident this won’t put an end to the bull5hit line on gun control that the only thing that stops bad people with guns are good people with guns.

We have a gun problem, therefore we need more guns?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Tummer, WTF! on 12:51 - Aug 4 with 5459 viewslondonlisa2001

Tummer, WTF! on 12:22 - Aug 4 by wobbly

That line was, of course, first said by the NRA after Sandy Hook.

If the US didn’t want to change gun laws after children were murdered, it sure as hell won’t change them after a bunch of ‘immigrants’ have been murdered. Trump laughed in his rally when someone shouted ‘shoot them’ in response to his ‘what can we do to stop them coming’ question.

Many of his supporters won’t give a sh*t. They’ve been dehumanised (the victims that is - the people laughing and cheering about it were barely human in the first place).
Tummer, WTF! on 13:54 - Aug 4 with 5399 viewsBytholWyn

One of my favourite books as a kid was the Sneetches, by Dr Seuss. Not that I claim I understood it at the time, but it was a brilliant commentary on racism, and even more so on the commercial exploitation of human frailty.

I can't help thinking though that if Dr Seuss were to write that book today, in these more pessimistic times, that he'd leave off the happy ending. A new edition should be released that ends with the immortal lines: "They never will learn. No you can't teach a Sneetch".

Tummer, WTF! on 14:59 - Aug 4 with 5353 viewsDJack

Tummer, WTF! on 09:56 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

Is that a genuine question?

Tummer, WTF! on 16:59 - Aug 4 with 5281 viewssioni

Tummer, WTF! on 13:54 - Aug 4 by BytholWyn

One of my favourite books as a kid was the Sneetches, by Dr Seuss. Not that I claim I understood it at the time, but it was a brilliant commentary on racism, and even more so on the commercial exploitation of human frailty.

I can't help thinking though that if Dr Seuss were to write that book today, in these more pessimistic times, that he'd leave off the happy ending. A new edition should be released that ends with the immortal lines: "They never will learn. No you can't teach a Sneetch".

Yes ,I can still share my childhood laughter but the predictable rueful grin at the ending looms large these days. Anyway , Dr Seuss is still welcome in my latter days.
Tummer, WTF! on 18:18 - Aug 4 with 5203 viewsFlashberryjack

Tummer, WTF! on 08:46 - Aug 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yeah, crazy day.

Guns aren't the problem, it's the c*nts that carry and use them .

Same as people that carry Knives in the UK.

A world wide ban on guns and Knives will only alter the method that people kill each other.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tummer, WTF! on 18:20 - Aug 4 with 5197 viewsHighjack

Tummer, WTF! on 18:18 - Aug 4 by Flashberryjack

A world wide ban on guns and Knives will only alter the method that people kill each other.

It’s very difficult to mass stab people with a knife.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tummer, WTF! on 18:38 - Aug 4 with 5166 viewsFlashberryjack

Tummer, WTF! on 18:20 - Aug 4 by Highjack

It’s very difficult to mass stab people with a knife.

They managed it in London.

Hello

Tummer, WTF! on 18:38 - Aug 4 with 5165 viewslondonlisa2001

Tummer, WTF! on 18:18 - Aug 4 by Flashberryjack

Sorry, but that’s nonsense.

The weapons that were used in El Paso and Ohio yesterday allowed the monsters to kill incredibly quickly. The Ohio one was over in a minute. And 9 were murdered.

You can’t do that with a knife.
Tummer, WTF! on 18:41 - Aug 4 with 5150 viewslondonlisa2001

Tummer, WTF! on 18:38 - Aug 4 by Flashberryjack

They managed it in London.

It doesn’t even remotely compare.
Tummer, WTF! on 18:43 - Aug 4 with 5144 viewsFlashberryjack

Tummer, WTF! on 18:41 - Aug 4 by londonlisa2001

It doesn’t even remotely compare.

I wasn't comparing.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising