Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulton 09:35 - Aug 4 with 1856 viewshillbillyjack

Fulton has a tendency to be a bit lazy and switch off at certain moments......for the first goal yesterday he pointed to Conner to take the widest player, then failed to track his man when the pass came inside......happens a few times
Fulton on 10:25 - Aug 4 with 1756 viewsjasper_T

Made up for it with the flick for Borja's goal but that's how he is. Heavy-footed and lets people go past him with and without the ball.

Must be a killer in training. Started out in Potter's plans as well last season.
Fulton on 10:36 - Aug 4 with 1718 viewscmajack

Not good enough to be playing week in week out at this level. The starting midfield with grimes, fulton and byers in my opinion is not going to work. Celina needs to be playing at the top end and not out wide like he started yesterday.
Fulton on 10:36 - Aug 4 with 1715 viewsBadlands

Roberts was out of position and failed to close down the player who neatly posed it through his legs, Fulton didn't turn and Grimes was in no man's land then the space opened up. Even after that I thought Rodon and the new keeper should have dealt with the shot / cross.
A knot of fans around me decided it was all Borja's fault.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Fulton on 10:40 - Aug 4 with 1696 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Also, Nathan didn’t track back, so left Connor exposed. A lot of mistakes which were rectified. I think with a bit of confidence Fulton can have a strong season for us. Hope he scores soon into the season and I think we will see him grow into the team
Fulton on 10:40 - Aug 4 with 1696 viewshillbillyjack

Fulton on 10:36 - Aug 4 by Badlands

Roberts was out of position and failed to close down the player who neatly posed it through his legs, Fulton didn't turn and Grimes was in no man's land then the space opened up. Even after that I thought Rodon and the new keeper should have dealt with the shot / cross.
A knot of fans around me decided it was all Borja's fault.

Borja's fault !?
Fulton on 10:52 - Aug 4 with 1656 viewsHighjack

Made some great tackles and I think it was him that blocked their header at the far post that was destined for the net. He’s not the perfect player or the most exciting by any means but a lot of the good stuff he does goes unnoticed.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Fulton on 11:05 - Aug 4 with 1620 viewsBadlands

Fulton on 10:40 - Aug 4 by hillbillyjack

Borja's fault !?

He didn't win possession near the half way line against 2 Hull players.
If he stays I think he'll be the target for quite a few fans who want him to fail.
What can you say?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Fulton on 11:05 - Aug 4 with 1619 viewsNortbankboy

Fulton and Byers poor yesterday got to get Celina back in the middle.
He's wasted out wide
Login to get fewer ads

Fulton on 11:11 - Aug 4 with 1584 viewsHighjack

Fulton on 11:05 - Aug 4 by Nortbankboy

He's wasted out wide

The benefit of Celina out wide is he’s got a cracking delivery into the box. That sort of clipped ball he does that went Dyer on the far side was brilliant and that exact same ball led to a few goals last season.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Fulton on 15:20 - Aug 5 with 1265 viewsMoscowJack

I thought Fulton had an ok game, to be honest. He got stuck in well, kept it simple and was the only person showing bite until last 2nd half.

Also, his tackle set us for the the attack for the 2nd goal.

I actually like Jay and think he'd be ok if he's capable of getting forward a bit more as he would chip in with his fair share of goals.

As someone else said, Byers/Jay/Grimes aren't strong enough to work and I don't think Celina moving back to his best/ONLY position (as no.10) will change this. Fer would have bossed that midfield yesterday, in my opinion, and I still think we need someone with his presence in midfield. Or someone LIKE Pratley.

Ps. I've noticed that Connor Roberts seems to have avoided any criticism. I thought he was poor on Saturday and we might see Naughton coming back in if he doesn't improve over the next few games.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Fulton on 15:23 - Aug 5 with 1252 viewsjasper_T

Fulton on 15:20 - Aug 5 by MoscowJack

I thought Fulton had an ok game, to be honest. He got stuck in well, kept it simple and was the only person showing bite until last 2nd half.

Also, his tackle set us for the the attack for the 2nd goal.

I actually like Jay and think he'd be ok if he's capable of getting forward a bit more as he would chip in with his fair share of goals.

As someone else said, Byers/Jay/Grimes aren't strong enough to work and I don't think Celina moving back to his best/ONLY position (as no.10) will change this. Fer would have bossed that midfield yesterday, in my opinion, and I still think we need someone with his presence in midfield. Or someone LIKE Pratley.

Ps. I've noticed that Connor Roberts seems to have avoided any criticism. I thought he was poor on Saturday and we might see Naughton coming back in if he doesn't improve over the next few games.

What forum are you posting on that Connor doesn't get criticism?
Fulton on 15:35 - Aug 5 with 1211 viewsoldcob

Fulton on 11:05 - Aug 4 by Nortbankboy

He's wasted out wide

Maybe Celina is not in the middle because he can't or won't tackle. It's every players duty to tackle. Talented boy must must do the unpleasant bits too.
Fulton on 15:58 - Aug 5 with 1134 viewsvetchonian

Fulton on 15:23 - Aug 5 by jasper_T

What forum are you posting on that Connor doesn't get criticism?

I think he means had that been Naughton on Saturday out of postion and nutmegged the forum would be awash with the critics about Naughtons crap defending

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Fulton on 16:34 - Aug 5 with 1056 viewsThornburyswan

Fulton on 11:11 - Aug 4 by Highjack

The benefit of Celina out wide is he’s got a cracking delivery into the box. That sort of clipped ball he does that went Dyer on the far side was brilliant and that exact same ball led to a few goals last season.

True, when we are on top & he can come in from the left onto his right foot his delivery & shooting is excellent but will go missing on his left foot side when we lose the ball & that leaves our new left back exposed - happened a few times in the first half but in the second when we broadly dominated in terms of possession & territory for large chunks of time he looked better (as did Bidwell).

Not a left sided option for Derby away next week for me - Mark got have to consider either Routs in front of Bidwell & one of Celina or Byers behind Baston or maybe 3 CBs with Roberts & John (if recovered from his car accident) as the two wing backs pushing Celina to inside left.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024