Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie the Woodman 09:38 - Aug 4 with 4627 viewsNotLoyal

Looked chaotic yesterday, no better than we have, I'm unsure why we signed him unless one of the other two is off. Saw him last season a few times, made mistakes a lot, it's one position we can't afford to be weak with our defensive ability at set pieces And he's a short bloke.. Give me Mulder any day.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Freddie the Woodman on 09:40 - Aug 4 with 3379 viewshillbillyjack

Thought he commanded his box a lot better than the other two keepers available.
Freddie the Woodman on 09:44 - Aug 4 with 3327 viewsDr_Winston

Freddie the Woodman on 09:40 - Aug 4 by hillbillyjack

Thought he did OK too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Freddie the Woodman on 09:45 - Aug 4 with 3319 viewssherpajacob

He came off his line when needed, haven't seen that from a swans keeper in a while.

Also I could hear him shouting and marshalling the defence at corners,

Can't blame him for the,goal.

Stick with him for now.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Freddie the Woodman on 09:46 - Aug 4 with 3304 viewsexiledclaseboy

Had little to do and did what he needed do efficiently enough.

Poll: Tory leader

Freddie the Woodman on 09:49 - Aug 4 with 3285 viewsraynor94

Freddie the Woodman on 09:44 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

Thought he did OK too.

Same here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Freddie the Woodman on 09:49 - Aug 4 with 3268 viewsItchySphincter

Give him time to settle in. Unfortunate to get undone with the first and only shot against him but didn’t hide. Tried to come for a few in the six yard box so that was mildly pleasing.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Freddie the Woodman on 09:50 - Aug 4 with 3272 viewsjackrmee

Margetson has worked with him, so obviously knows what he's about.

They've had time to work with our three now and it seems like they aren't happy any of them could do the job.
Whether or not Woodman is a success, it still must be seen as a good thing that the staff have noted a weakness and the board have brought someone in to try and rectify that quite quickly.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Freddie the Woodman on 09:53 - Aug 4 with 3234 viewsProfessor

He flapped a bit, but was decisive. Excellent with ball at feet. An improvement on Nordfeldt
Login to get fewer ads

Freddie the Woodman on 10:00 - Aug 4 with 3166 viewsDr_Winston

Freddie the Woodman on 09:53 - Aug 4 by Professor

He flapped a bit, but was decisive. Excellent with ball at feet. An improvement on Nordfeldt

People are saying that he flapped but I can't remember any offhand. One two fisted punch where it was just about the best option and another where he got a fingertip to it under pressure and put it out for a corner.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Freddie the Woodman on 10:07 - Aug 4 with 3122 viewsNotLoyal

Not having a go before anyone starts ! Just seems a weird signing.

OK I've changed it.

Freddie the Woodman on 10:09 - Aug 4 with 3102 viewsjack247

Based on yesterday only, he’s a puncher not a catcher. That’s aside, he had a solid game without being overworked.
Freddie the Woodman on 10:12 - Aug 4 with 3061 viewsItchySphincter

Not sure quite how you can both flap and be decisive prof? Can’t say he flapped to my recollection, bit nervous maybe, and that would be understandable.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Freddie the Woodman on 10:16 - Aug 4 with 3035 viewsjackrmee

Freddie the Woodman on 10:07 - Aug 4 by NotLoyal

People have been moaning about the GK situation for almost a year. Not really weird that we sign one in that case.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Freddie the Woodman on 10:59 - Aug 4 with 2853 viewscontroversial_jack

Freddie the Woodman on 09:40 - Aug 4 by hillbillyjack

I disagree, thought he palmed out one weak cross and din't come for another.On this showing, certainly not an upgrade on what we have
Freddie the Woodman on 11:00 - Aug 4 with 2840 viewsBadlands

Freddie the Woodman on 10:12 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

Not sure quite how you can both flap and be decisive prof? Can’t say he flapped to my recollection, bit nervous maybe, and that would be understandable.

In the second half - how could you miss them?
With a couple of crosses, which looked to be close to a Hull forward, he took his hand away to let the ball pass him. Hairy tactic IMO!
Very quick off his line and good distribution.
Shot stopping wasn't tested.
Appears to read the game well and is prepared to direct his defence.
Reminds me of Vorm but a little shorter so hopefully he has similar extension.
Not much of a test yesterday though.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Freddie the Woodman on 11:04 - Aug 4 with 2816 viewskarnataka

Freddie the Woodman on 09:49 - Aug 4 by raynor94

Same here

Me too
Freddie the Woodman on 11:07 - Aug 4 with 2792 viewskarnataka

Freddie the Woodman on 10:07 - Aug 4 by NotLoyal

Well, Coopie's had a look at Nordfeldt & Mulder in the friendlies and clearly wasn't impressed. If that 's the case, not weird at all that we've singed another and thrown him straight into the starting 11.
Freddie the Woodman on 12:30 - Aug 4 with 2534 viewsPentyrchJack

I thought he did well and came off his line frequently to claim crosses, plus he was a lot more communicative with the team when organising the defence of set pieces. I rate Mulder too and maybe he should be more communicative though.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Freddie the Woodman on 13:01 - Aug 4 with 2417 viewskrunchykarrot

We have employed MM one of the best coaches in the country who after 2 weeks decided that this kid is better than what we have. I thought that he did well yesterday, looks brave.
Freddie the Woodman on 13:12 - Aug 4 with 2371 views34dfgdf54

Freddie the Woodman on 13:01 - Aug 4 by krunchykarrot

We have employed MM one of the best coaches in the country who after 2 weeks decided that this kid is better than what we have. I thought that he did well yesterday, looks brave.

Exactly. Both Potter and Cooper now hasn’t seen Mulder as a viable option for an out and out first choice keeper, Margetson obviously agrees.

We needed an upgrade and fingers crosses the lad can push on from a solid enough debut, unlucky with the goal it took a deflection.
Freddie the Woodman on 14:07 - Aug 4 with 2221 viewskrunchykarrot

Freddie the Woodman on 13:12 - Aug 4 by 34dfgdf54

Exactly. Both Potter and Cooper now hasn’t seen Mulder as a viable option for an out and out first choice keeper, Margetson obviously agrees.

We needed an upgrade and fingers crosses the lad can push on from a solid enough debut, unlucky with the goal it took a deflection.

I haven't seen the goal on the tele yet,didnt realise it was deflected as my first impression was a great goal i did clap the finish yesterday.
Freddie the Woodman on 15:29 - Aug 4 with 2023 viewsNotLoyal

Six down arrows cheers chaps 😂

OK I've changed it.

Freddie the Woodman on 19:10 - Aug 4 with 1819 viewsGlastonbury

When was he shaky ? He punched well when KN would have missed . He caught well he didn't have much to do and what he had he did it fine.

So what did u not like about him.
Freddie the Woodman on 19:11 - Aug 4 with 1806 viewsGlastonbury

When ??
Freddie the Woodman on 19:12 - Aug 4 with 1800 viewsGlastonbury

Freddie the Woodman on 10:00 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

People are saying that he flapped but I can't remember any offhand. One two fisted punch where it was just about the best option and another where he got a fingertip to it under pressure and put it out for a corner.

Im.same as u mate can't remember him messing anything up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024