Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NSR Bury 19:14 - Aug 4 with 8649 viewswaynekerr55

what a mess

This post has been edited by an administrator

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

NSR Bury on 20:00 - Aug 4 with 5432 viewsmonmouth

Have you seen who they’ve employed as a solicitor? I wouldn’t believe a single word. With him advising, my money is on them being toast.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

NSR Bury on 20:17 - Aug 4 with 5366 viewslondonlisa2001

Oh, look who it is...
NSR Bury on 20:23 - Aug 4 with 5339 viewsexiledclaseboy

They’re f*cked.

Poll: Tory leader

NSR Bury on 20:46 - Aug 4 with 5260 viewsGaryjack

I'm not very good at negotiating twitter, who's their Lawyer?
NSR Bury on 20:49 - Aug 4 with 5237 viewsunion_jack

NSR Bury on 20:46 - Aug 4 by Garyjack

I'm not very good at negotiating twitter, who's their Lawyer?

Chris Farnell. Negotiated sale of Swans to Yanks.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

NSR Bury on 20:50 - Aug 4 with 5223 viewsGaryjack

NSR Bury on 20:49 - Aug 4 by union_jack

Poor fvckers!
NSR Bury on 20:54 - Aug 4 with 5198 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins mouthy mouthpiece. Criticise any of our beloved scum sellouts or certainly the big nosed useless piece of shit himself, and get a poorly written warning to desist, or so I’m led to believe.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

NSR Bury on 20:55 - Aug 4 with 5187 viewswaynekerr55

NSR Bury on 20:54 - Aug 4 by monmouth

Huw Jenkins mouthy mouthpiece. Criticise any of our beloved scum sellouts or certainly the big nosed useless piece of shit himself, and get a poorly written warning to desist, or so I’m led to believe.

Yes.

False - untrue. The opposite of true - untrue.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

NSR Bury on 21:00 - Aug 4 with 5146 viewsexiledclaseboy

NSR Bury on 20:54 - Aug 4 by monmouth

Very poorly written.

NSR Bury on 21:04 - Aug 4 with 5109 viewsDarran

NSR Bury on 21:00 - Aug 4 by exiledclaseboy

Very poorly written.

Who’s had one? 🤷🏻‍♂️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

NSR Bury on 21:10 - Aug 4 with 5091 viewsexiledclaseboy

NSR Bury on 21:04 - Aug 4 by Darran

Who’s had one? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mind your own business.

NSR Bury on 21:10 - Aug 4 with 5072 viewsDarran

NSR Bury on 21:10 - Aug 4 by exiledclaseboy

Mind your own business.

Prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

NSR Bury on 21:15 - Aug 4 with 5047 viewsJonathans_coat

As he proudly states on his website:-

“Chris was the lead lawyer on the sale of the football club (SCFC) to the new owners;”

I’m not sure i’d be bragging about that to be honest! It didn’t exactly go smoothly and without controversy did it? And potentially not legally (allegedly). We will find out for sure in due course. He could end up costing his clients significantly.
NSR Bury on 21:34 - Aug 4 with 4955 viewslonglostjack

NSR Bury on 21:15 - Aug 4 by Jonathans_coat

“Chris was the lead lawyer on the sale of the football club (SCFC) to the new owners;”

I’m not sure i’d be bragging about that to be honest! It didn’t exactly go smoothly and without controversy did it? And potentially not legally (allegedly). We will find out for sure in due course. He could end up costing his clients significantly.

Very strange thing to brag about in my opinion.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

NSR Bury on 12:27 - Aug 22 with 4415 viewsLandore_Jack

While the extent of the current crisis has emerged under Dale, it was under Day’s reign that its seeds were sewn. After taking over the then League Two club in the summer of 2013, the property developer revealed a five-year plan to take the club to the second tier of English football.

Day set about achieving his ambition by dishing out high wages to a calibre of player not often seen at Gigg Lane.

But things did not work out as planned, and an expensively assembled Shakers side was relegated back to the fourth tier after a disastrous 2017/18 campaign.

Five years after Day revealed his ambitious plans, the club were back where they started. He left the club in December, handing over control to Cheshire-based businessman Dale.

In his first press conference after taking on the club, Dale acknowledged he had a “huge job” ahead of him, but pledged to sort out the financial “mess”.

As the Shakers continued to flourish on the field under the guidance of Ryan Lowe, things seemed to be on the up at Gigg Lane. However, the impact of the club’s overspending during the Day era was soon laid bare.

In April, the Shakers faced a High Court winding-up petition over an “historic debt” owed to former player and assistant boss Chris Brass.

A day before the Shakers survived the order against them at London’s High Court, it was revealed that several companies owned by Day had been placed into administration, owing tens of millions to creditors.

The accounts for Mederco Ltd for 2017 showed that Mr Day loaned £4.2 million to Bury, as part of a series of inter-company transactions since he assumed the helm. He was also involved in a lucrative deal to sell off more than 250 car parking spaces at the club’s ground, a project owing £190,000 to investors.

Despite the chaos unfolding around them, Bury’s players rallied to secure a memorable promotion at the end of April, sparking scenes of joyous celebration between players and fans at Tranmere Rovers.

But only weeks later, players released a statement revealing that they had not been paid in 12 weeks. In response, Dale posted a statement on the official website, in which he accused staff refusing to leave the club without pay of “draining a dead corpse” and described the creation of food banks to help staff as “disgraceful propaganda”.

As the summer wore on, the Shakers faced three further winding-up petitions, eventually fighting one off at the fourth attempt last month.

And with the season approaching, the turmoil continued as the EFL suspended Bury’s opening game, saying it had not received evidence from Dale on how the club would be funded moving forward.

Questions have been raised about the EFL’s role in Bury’s problems. An investigation by The Guardian revealed that Dale took over the club without ever providing proof of funds which is required under the league’s regulations.

#backtojack

NSR Bury on 12:32 - Aug 22 with 4387 viewsVincent_Vega

Very sad situation. The EFL should hang their heads in shame.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

NSR Bury on 15:46 - Aug 22 with 4090 viewsCatullus

It was a fantasric trip to Bury for promotion, more away fans than home, a difficult game but a good p/ss up afterwards. Now I look at it and think how lucky we were when we survived the Petty era. Dale is their Petty.
It makes me look at our current owners and think things aren't so bad. Whether it's luck or judgement we are financially stable and have a team doing well, for now.

Tomorrow we will find out if Bury survive or become extinct, a sad day if they go under. We all know how we'd feel if the Swans went.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

NSR Bury on 10:39 - Aug 23 with 3867 viewsandypitt56

NSR Bury on 15:46 - Aug 22 by Catullus

It was a fantasric trip to Bury for promotion, more away fans than home, a difficult game but a good p/ss up afterwards. Now I look at it and think how lucky we were when we survived the Petty era. Dale is their Petty.
It makes me look at our current owners and think things aren't so bad. Whether it's luck or judgement we are financially stable and have a team doing well, for now.

Tomorrow we will find out if Bury survive or become extinct, a sad day if they go under. We all know how we'd feel if the Swans went.

I've listened to a few of his interviews on talk sport. He sounds like a scumbag and is blaming the EFL for this. Why would the EFL want a club to go under? it is bizarre.

the fit and proper owners thing needs to be improved its a disgrace.
NSR Bury on 12:31 - Aug 23 with 3776 viewsSwansea93

They have until 23.59 tonight to save the club.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

NSR Bury on 18:11 - Aug 23 with 3566 viewsHighjack

It looks like they are completely shagged. You can’t blame the authorities for applying the rules or for insisting that creditors are paid but they have to take a lot of responsibility with this fit and proper person nonsense. When you think of all the cowboys who have passed this test and got their mitts on football clubs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

NSR Bury on 08:51 - Aug 24 with 3318 viewsPegojack

NSR Bury on 18:11 - Aug 23 by Highjack

It looks like they are completely shagged. You can’t blame the authorities for applying the rules or for insisting that creditors are paid but they have to take a lot of responsibility with this fit and proper person nonsense. When you think of all the cowboys who have passed this test and got their mitts on football clubs.

Not often I agree with you, but you're dead right on this one. The EFL need to take a good look at their fit and proper person procedure.
Also, some way needs to be found of encouraging the Premier League to percolate down slightly more of the obscene amounts of money washing around there to the lower league and non league clubs.
Anyway, it looks like Bury might have got a last minute reprieve. Hope so.
NSR Bury on 09:03 - Aug 24 with 3292 viewsKilkennyjack

NSR Bury on 08:51 - Aug 24 by Pegojack

Not often I agree with you, but you're dead right on this one. The EFL need to take a good look at their fit and proper person procedure.
Also, some way needs to be found of encouraging the Premier League to percolate down slightly more of the obscene amounts of money washing around there to the lower league and non league clubs.
Anyway, it looks like Bury might have got a last minute reprieve. Hope so.

An emergency fund under the FL oversight might work.
Funded by the Premier League.

Not for owners, but for fans.
To protect 100 years of tradition and history.

Just in case the owner checks and balances go wrong.....

The PFA do similar to pay players on a temp basis if needed.

Beware of the Risen People

NSR Bury on 09:26 - Aug 24 with 3255 viewsNotLoyal

Nothing like a bender ...

Of the rules.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

NSR Bury on 19:39 - Oct 28 with 2397 viewsLandore_Jack

NSR Bury on 21:15 - Aug 4 by Jonathans_coat

and here is Chris Farnell again.....Burnley are subject of a £200m takeover bid by Mohamed El Kashashy & Chris Farnell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54723696

Yep, the same bloke that bullied Steve Penny into resigning. Chris Farnell was handed a ban after issues arose during an attempt to buy Charlton earlier this year. However, he appealed against the decision and the ban was withdrawn, although he did serve a a five-week disqualification period which ended on 14 September.

I bet Burnely fans are crapping themselves.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 19:43]

#backtojack

NSR Bury on 19:42 - Oct 28 with 2389 viewsKeithHaynes

NSR Bury on 19:39 - Oct 28 by Landore_Jack

and here is Chris Farnell again.....Burnley are subject of a £200m takeover bid by Mohamed El Kashashy & Chris Farnell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54723696

Yep, the same bloke that bullied Steve Penny into resigning. Chris Farnell was handed a ban after issues arose during an attempt to buy Charlton earlier this year. However, he appealed against the decision and the ban was withdrawn, although he did serve a a five-week disqualification period which ended on 14 September.

I bet Burnely fans are crapping themselves.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 19:43]

Shocking, they will ruin Burnley.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024