Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Brexit thread 08:27 - Aug 5 with 11172 viewswaynekerr55

Genuine questions which I feel deserve a thread of their own

What made you vote leave or remain?
Based on the facts now, would you change your decision?

I voted remain as I wasn't convinced by either sides argument so I stuck with the status quo.

I'd stick to my decision, simply because there is no tangible evidence that leaving sorts us out in the short to medium term.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Another Brexit thread on 19:45 - Aug 6 with 908 viewsJango

Another Brexit thread on 16:34 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

I’m not claiming anything. The deal on the table does, as a straightforward statement of fact, meet the result of the vote, which was to leave. There is no other way of spinning it.

And why the hell should I criticise remain MPs for not voting for leave when the leave MPs are not voting for leave? Your focus is in completely the wrong place. The ones you should blame for not leaving in March are the ones now in control.

But don’t pretend people voted for their vision of what leaving means.

*The deal on the table does, as a straightforward statement of fact, meet the result of the vote, which was to leave.*

So then you’ll agree that every single remain MP voted in on the promise they’d deliver brexit, never actually had any intention of delivering Brexit. Otherwise they would have voted for the perfectly acceptable deal you talk about. Basically they are either all blatant liars, or you are talking crap with regards to the deal. If you stick by what you say about the deal then surely you have to criticise both leave and remain MP’s for rejecting it.
Another Brexit thread on 19:47 - Aug 6 with 908 viewslondonlisa2001

Another Brexit thread on 18:30 - Aug 6 by Highjack

I’d definitely leave in the event of a hurricane. I don’t know where you get these mad delusions from.

Why? I mean why would you leave? Given you don’t believe anything the ‘experts’ say?

I’m not talking politicians, who’ll be biased. I’m talking BMA etc.
Another Brexit thread on 19:50 - Aug 6 with 902 viewslondonlisa2001

Another Brexit thread on 19:45 - Aug 6 by Jango

*The deal on the table does, as a straightforward statement of fact, meet the result of the vote, which was to leave.*

So then you’ll agree that every single remain MP voted in on the promise they’d deliver brexit, never actually had any intention of delivering Brexit. Otherwise they would have voted for the perfectly acceptable deal you talk about. Basically they are either all blatant liars, or you are talking crap with regards to the deal. If you stick by what you say about the deal then surely you have to criticise both leave and remain MP’s for rejecting it.

The remain MPs don’t want to leave. I’ve already said they have taken advantage of the situation.

But the leave MPs - what’s their excuse? Wrong type of leave?

I’ve said repeatedly that despite me wanting to remain, I’d have gone with the withdrawal deal and then worked on a political declaration that aligned us as closely as possible to the single market and customs union.

But that’s not your idea of leave is it.
Another Brexit thread on 19:59 - Aug 6 with 880 viewsHighjack

Another Brexit thread on 19:47 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

Why? I mean why would you leave? Given you don’t believe anything the ‘experts’ say?

I’m not talking politicians, who’ll be biased. I’m talking BMA etc.

What would the BMA know about hurricanes?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Another Brexit thread on 20:05 - Aug 6 with 869 viewsJango

Another Brexit thread on 19:50 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

The remain MPs don’t want to leave. I’ve already said they have taken advantage of the situation.

But the leave MPs - what’s their excuse? Wrong type of leave?

I’ve said repeatedly that despite me wanting to remain, I’d have gone with the withdrawal deal and then worked on a political declaration that aligned us as closely as possible to the single market and customs union.

But that’s not your idea of leave is it.

*The remain MPs don’t want to leave. I’ve already said they have taken advantage of the situation*

So you’re saying they’ve used the situation to spit in the face of everyone that voted them in on the brexit promise!

They haven’t taken advantage of anything, they’ve been fighting it ever since the election. They blatantly lied and had every intention to try and block it, but because they are remain you choose to ignore this.

*But the leave MPs - what’s their excuse? Wrong type of leave?*

As far as I’m concerned every MP who rejected the deal is equally responsible for the situation we find ourselves in. They were all elected to deliver brexit and have equal responsibility in doing so, regardless of how they voted.
Another Brexit thread on 20:18 - Aug 6 with 855 viewssherpajacob

Another Brexit thread on 19:36 - Aug 6 by westwalesed

I respectfully disagree Lisa.

As soon as Parliament votes to give the authority for the PM to trigger Articke 50, they should know what that means. They should have been aware that it meant if the negotiations fail after two years we leave on WTO terms. I don’t see how they could fail to know that? They might not have wanted it, who dies, but it was a possibility!

Negotiations did fail after 2 years, but we haven't left.

In simple terms, vote leave in their "manifesto" promised we would leave with a deal. To leave without a deal breaks that promise and invalidates their mandate, and as a,minimum requires another vote.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Another Brexit thread on 20:23 - Aug 6 with 843 viewssherpajacob

Another Brexit thread on 18:55 - Aug 6 by bluey_the_blue

Absolutely.

My spidey-sense is tingling that her motives aren't those she's making public.

You want a dictatorship?, restore the divine right of the monarch?, how about an enabling act abolishing all opposition parties?

Another Brexit thread on 20:30 - Aug 6 with 835 viewsBytholWyn

Imagine a scenario where a party got elected on a manifesto and then set about implementing a completely different set of policies to the ones promised. There would be outrage - and that's putting it mildly. A no-deal Brexit is exactly like this, as it would represent an outcome that would be completely removed from the debate and promises made during the referendum in 2016. A no-deal Brexit would be profoundly undemocratic and has no mandate.
Login to get fewer ads

Another Brexit thread on 20:34 - Aug 6 with 824 viewsJango

Another Brexit thread on 20:30 - Aug 6 by BytholWyn

Imagine a scenario where a party got elected on a manifesto and then set about implementing a completely different set of policies to the ones promised. There would be outrage - and that's putting it mildly. A no-deal Brexit is exactly like this, as it would represent an outcome that would be completely removed from the debate and promises made during the referendum in 2016. A no-deal Brexit would be profoundly undemocratic and has no mandate.

*Imagine a scenario where a party got elected on a manifesto and then set about implementing a completely different set of policies to the ones promised.*

Isn’t that what remainers in the Labour Party are doing?
Another Brexit thread on 20:36 - Aug 6 with 821 viewsFlashberryjack

Another Brexit thread on 20:30 - Aug 6 by BytholWyn

https://images.app.goo.gl/hXKXAmhYFTkDfrMB6

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Another Brexit thread on 20:44 - Aug 6 with 809 viewsHighjack

Another Brexit thread on 20:34 - Aug 6 by Jango

*Imagine a scenario where a party got elected on a manifesto and then set about implementing a completely different set of policies to the ones promised.*

Sounds like the Lib Dem’s with tuition fees too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Another Brexit thread on 20:51 - Aug 6 with 798 viewslondonlisa2001

Another Brexit thread on 20:05 - Aug 6 by Jango

*The remain MPs don’t want to leave. I’ve already said they have taken advantage of the situation*

So you’re saying they’ve used the situation to spit in the face of everyone that voted them in on the brexit promise!

They haven’t taken advantage of anything, they’ve been fighting it ever since the election. They blatantly lied and had every intention to try and block it, but because they are remain you choose to ignore this.

*But the leave MPs - what’s their excuse? Wrong type of leave?*

As far as I’m concerned every MP who rejected the deal is equally responsible for the situation we find ourselves in. They were all elected to deliver brexit and have equal responsibility in doing so, regardless of how they voted.

That’s bollox.

If my MP tried to deliver Brexit he’d be going expressly against the wishes of his constituents.
Another Brexit thread on 20:52 - Aug 6 with 796 viewslondonlisa2001

Another Brexit thread on 20:44 - Aug 6 by Highjack

Sounds like the Lib Dem’s with tuition fees too.

The LibDems never had power.
Another Brexit thread on 20:53 - Aug 6 with 791 viewssherpajacob

Why are leave MPs in the ERG voting against an agreement that honours the referendum result and the vote leave manifesto.?

Another Brexit thread on 20:56 - Aug 6 with 784 viewssherpajacob

A party that doesn't win an election is not obliged to stick to its manifesto.

Another Brexit thread on 21:00 - Aug 6 with 774 viewsFlashberryjack

Another Brexit thread on 20:56 - Aug 6 by sherpajacob

A party that doesn't win an election is not obliged to stick to its manifesto.

Is that true or have you made it up ?

Hello

Another Brexit thread on 21:06 - Aug 6 with 768 viewsJango

Another Brexit thread on 20:51 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

That’s bollox.

If my MP tried to deliver Brexit he’d be going expressly against the wishes of his constituents.

So do you think every MP should go with the wishes of the majority of their constituents then?
Another Brexit thread on 21:12 - Aug 6 with 762 viewslondonlisa2001

Another Brexit thread on 21:06 - Aug 6 by Jango

So do you think every MP should go with the wishes of the majority of their constituents then?

No. I think they have a duty to exercise their judgement in knowledge of the facts to do what’s best for their constituents and the country.

There is no mandate for a no deal Brexit, in any constituency.
Another Brexit thread on 21:13 - Aug 6 with 757 viewsBytholWyn

Not at all. I'm no supporter of the Labour Party - but they set out their conditions for Brexit clearly in their manifesto, conditions that broadly reflected the position of Leave proponents in the debate leading up to the referendum.

No party is obliged to give carte blanche to any particular Brexit settlement. Had Theresa May accepted the verdict of the last General Election she would have tried to secure a cross-party agreement, and not insisted on her red lines. But, as has been the case throughout, the Tories have been determined to make Brexit an exclusively Tory Brexit for narrow party political reasons. Ironic, therefor, albeit unsurprising that her settlement was defeated from within.

Boris Johnson et al couldn't give a fyc about democracy. Hardly surprising given that he's entirely devoid of any personal integrity.
Another Brexit thread on 21:13 - Aug 6 with 757 viewsJango

Another Brexit thread on 20:53 - Aug 6 by sherpajacob

Why are leave MPs in the ERG voting against an agreement that honours the referendum result and the vote leave manifesto.?

I’ve already said they are all responsible for getting brexit done. You can’t criticise brexiteers and call them liars but give remain MPs a free pass because they are on your side of the argument.
Another Brexit thread on 21:24 - Aug 6 with 742 viewssherpajacob

Another Brexit thread on 21:13 - Aug 6 by Jango

I’ve already said they are all responsible for getting brexit done. You can’t criticise brexiteers and call them liars but give remain MPs a free pass because they are on your side of the argument.

An MP who believes in remain is sticking to their principles by opposing brexit.

ERG members who believes in leave voted against an agreement that would take us out of the EU.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Another Brexit thread on 21:29 - Aug 6 with 735 viewsFlashberryjack

Another Brexit thread on 21:24 - Aug 6 by sherpajacob

An MP who believes in remain is sticking to their principles by opposing brexit.

ERG members who believes in leave voted against an agreement that would take us out of the EU.

"ERG members who believes in leave voted against an agreement that would take us out of the EU"

Because it was a sh*t deal

Hello

Another Brexit thread on 21:40 - Aug 6 with 721 viewsJango

Another Brexit thread on 21:24 - Aug 6 by sherpajacob

Why didn’t they stick to their principles in the run up to the 2017 general election then? Because they haven’t got principles. I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.
Another Brexit thread on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 718 viewssherpajacob

Another Brexit thread on 21:29 - Aug 6 by Flashberryjack

"ERG members who believes in leave voted against an agreement that would take us out of the EU"

Because it was a sh*t deal

But it was still better than leaving with no deal.

One day the penny might drop.

Another Brexit thread on 21:45 - Aug 6 with 707 viewsFlashberryjack

Another Brexit thread on 21:41 - Aug 6 by sherpajacob

But it was still better than leaving with no deal.

One day the penny might drop.

I disagree.

One day the penny WILL drop.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024