Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you happy with our transfer window so far 21:35 - Aug 6 with 4250 viewsthornabyswan

Are you happy with our transfer window so far

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 3302 views34dfgdf54

Impossible to say until deadline passes.

Question marks still hanging over VDH and Baston, in my opinion anyway.
Still have big earners, who have very little chance of playing such as Ayew, Montero and Carroll on books.

As things stand now I think we have enough to keep us mid table which is more than fine for me. Lose VDH and Baston then it’s going to be touch and go.
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 21:47 - Aug 6 with 3284 viewsthornabyswan

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 21:41 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

Still have big earners, who have very little chance of playing such as Ayew, Montero and Carroll on books.

As things stand now I think we have enough to keep us mid table which is more than fine for me. Lose VDH and Baston then it’s going to be touch and go.

There are question marks over most players at most clubs.
Personally I am hoping VDH will get a new contract if Ayew goes.

I think Baston will stay till January at least.
Looks like we are stuck with Montero due to work permit problems.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 00:52 - Aug 7 with 3049 viewsKerouac

When I look at the squad...

GK: Mulder, Nordfeldt, Woodman,
RB: Roberts, Naughton
LB: Bidwell, John
CB: Van der Hoorn, Rodon, Wilmot, Harries
DM: Fulton, Grimes
BOX-2-BOX: Byers
PLAYMAKER: Carroll, Dhanda
NO. 10: Celina, McKay
LW: Peterson, Routledge
RW: Dyer, Kalulu, Asoro
ST: Baston, Surridge, Baker-Richardson

Stuck with...Ayew & Montero.

...I am most worried about centre-midfield and what happens if Van der Hoorn gets injured

The signing of Woodman baffles me, no need. Would have much rather signed someone in midfield.
...and we have far too many wide players.
If we could shift Ayew, Montero and 1 of the underperforming wide men and sign;

1 - a seasoned unit at the back
and
2 - an athlete who will put himself about in midfield and keep things simple on the ball...

I'd be happy.

I suspect that's it for this summer's transfer activity though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 10:32 - Aug 7 with 2758 viewsTenbySwan

It seems we have good players in.

My only concern is that most are on loan so will all go back at the end of the season, and we have to start again.
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 10:46 - Aug 7 with 2715 viewsVincent_Vega

Too early to tell at least the club are getting numbers in instead of just throwing the kids in.

Does seem more organised behind the scenes now (boardroom level) and they look to have a plan.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 11:06 - Aug 7 with 2644 viewsNeath_Jack

No worse off than we were at this point last season.

We've swapped Oli for Baston (with a couple of new back up options), we've swapped an unproven James for a couple of new unproven wingers.

Posters were up in arms last year about having Rodon at CB.

Could be argued losing Fer, but he didn't end up playing much anyway.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 12:06 - Aug 7 with 2519 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 21:41 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

Did you read the question?
it specifically said "so far".
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 12:06 - Aug 7 with 2519 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 11:06 - Aug 7 by Neath_Jack

No worse off than we were at this point last season.

We've swapped Oli for Baston (with a couple of new back up options), we've swapped an unproven James for a couple of new unproven wingers.

Posters were up in arms last year about having Rodon at CB.

Could be argued losing Fer, but he didn't end up playing much anyway.

Agreed, this is a League where the strong squads come through the Winter, I think we will start OK, reasonable 1 to 11 and then fade like fack, I hope I'm wrong but that's my fear!
Login to get fewer ads

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 12:08 - Aug 7 with 2515 viewsJacket

Impossible to say yet. But at the moment I'm happier than I was on transfer deadline day 12 months ago, but that could change.
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 12:12 - Aug 7 with 2504 viewsperplex

Said a year ago in three years the club will be in queer st and struggling to stay in the championship, or quite possibly will have dropped down a division, so 2 years to go.
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 13:03 - Aug 7 with 2420 viewsSTID2017

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 10:32 - Aug 7 by TenbySwan

It seems we have good players in.

My only concern is that most are on loan so will all go back at the end of the season, and we have to start again.

The situation we are in, each season is going to see new faces to replace those sold or loanees returned to their clubs.
Holding on to managers, etc, will probably prove more important to deveoping some level of continuity.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 13:42 - Aug 7 with 2334 views34dfgdf54

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 12:06 - Aug 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Did you read the question?
it specifically said "so far".

Yeah I did, I went for "undecided"

You can't judge this until it's over, I'm happy with our season so far aswell, it's one game in. Hope that helps.
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 13:46 - Aug 7 with 2310 viewsmagicdaps10

Happy enough, lot of hunger and youth to work with.

Will put all the hard work to ground if they sell VDH mind.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 14:22 - Aug 7 with 2264 viewsAngelRangelQS

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 10:46 - Aug 7 by Vincent_Vega

Too early to tell at least the club are getting numbers in instead of just throwing the kids in.

Does seem more organised behind the scenes now (boardroom level) and they look to have a plan.

Looks like we are throwing other club's kids in, instead.

Kalulu, 23
Woodman, 22
Surridge, 21
Wilmot, 19

Personally I'd have liked to have seen a couple more senior players signed.

Agree it's more organised and "joined up" though.
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 14:34 - Aug 7 with 2246 viewsbluenile

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 14:22 - Aug 7 by AngelRangelQS

Looks like we are throwing other club's kids in, instead.

Kalulu, 23
Woodman, 22
Surridge, 21
Wilmot, 19

Personally I'd have liked to have seen a couple more senior players signed.

Agree it's more organised and "joined up" though.

23 and 22 are hardly 'kids'. Better them than some 29/30 year olds on their last paycheck. Young (ish) and hungry works for me.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 14:45 - Aug 7 with 2220 views34dfgdf54

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 14:34 - Aug 7 by bluenile

23 and 22 are hardly 'kids'. Better them than some 29/30 year olds on their last paycheck. Young (ish) and hungry works for me.

Agree with that, what worries me is what we will be left with come the end of the season when all of these players go back, and also players like VDH, Borja, Naughton (?) who are in the last year of their contracts most likely leave for free.

It's imperative the likes of Garrick, Evans, Cooper, even Govea, are given game time this year as it will be those we could well need to rely on next season,
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 14:46]
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 14:49 - Aug 7 with 2207 viewsNeath_Jack

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 14:45 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with that, what worries me is what we will be left with come the end of the season when all of these players go back, and also players like VDH, Borja, Naughton (?) who are in the last year of their contracts most likely leave for free.

It's imperative the likes of Garrick, Evans, Cooper, even Govea, are given game time this year as it will be those we could well need to rely on next season,
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 14:46]

Our youngsters who are good enough, will get their chances no doubt about that with Cooper.

And if none of them make it, then the loan market will still be there next year for us to use.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 15:00 - Aug 7 with 2189 viewsAngelRangelQS

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 14:34 - Aug 7 by bluenile

They're the same age as McBurnie/Roberts/Celina all of whom last season were considered young players and of course would qualify for the U23's. Daniel James is 22 in a couple of months. Wooman is only 8 months older than him.

Most weeks you'd think we'd be putting out one of the youngest sides in the division. Are Dyer and Routledge the only two outfielders over 30?

It's great to have young players and of course I'm not knocking that but there definitely needs to be some balance there which I feel we are currently lacking.
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 16:20 - Aug 7 with 2106 viewsGlyn1

Some thoughtful and insightful postings here, why can't all discussions be like this?

I was happier with last summer's window when we got Sanches and look how that turned out so am suspending judgement. Was expecting more from Cooper's contacts but at least there seems to be a plan.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 16:26 - Aug 7 with 2085 viewskarnataka

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 15:00 - Aug 7 by AngelRangelQS

They're the same age as McBurnie/Roberts/Celina all of whom last season were considered young players and of course would qualify for the U23's. Daniel James is 22 in a couple of months. Wooman is only 8 months older than him.

Most weeks you'd think we'd be putting out one of the youngest sides in the division. Are Dyer and Routledge the only two outfielders over 30?

It's great to have young players and of course I'm not knocking that but there definitely needs to be some balance there which I feel we are currently lacking.

Naughton is 30
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 16:34 - Aug 7 with 2066 viewsvetchonian

Like Risca I will wait to see what happens by the end of tomorrow but overall I am quite happy with what we appear to have done.

Maybe I am wrong but I think we are set on keeping Borja maybe with a view to him possibly going in January and hopefully there is a "cunning plan" on how to replace him then.
There is a risk that Surridge could get recalled too so it could mean interesting times.
We appear to be cutting our cloth...funny really thet HJ remember him made comments about the fee we paid for BOny originally and hinted that would not be repeated....he must have had a memory lapse two seasons ago!!!!!

A young side didnt someone once say "you dont win anything with kids"......I know it was Man U but I prefer young and hungry as long as they have some talent rather than "experienced" and looking for a paycheck!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 17:05 - Aug 7 with 2015 viewsJacket

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 16:34 - Aug 7 by vetchonian

Like Risca I will wait to see what happens by the end of tomorrow but overall I am quite happy with what we appear to have done.

Maybe I am wrong but I think we are set on keeping Borja maybe with a view to him possibly going in January and hopefully there is a "cunning plan" on how to replace him then.
There is a risk that Surridge could get recalled too so it could mean interesting times.
We appear to be cutting our cloth...funny really thet HJ remember him made comments about the fee we paid for BOny originally and hinted that would not be repeated....he must have had a memory lapse two seasons ago!!!!!

A young side didnt someone once say "you dont win anything with kids"......I know it was Man U but I prefer young and hungry as long as they have some talent rather than "experienced" and looking for a paycheck!

Don't forget that it was a team of kids in the early 90s that set Man U on a 20 year path of unprecedented success. Those kids brought far more success to Old Traford than a billion pounds has brought them since Sir Alex left.

The only difference is that they didn't immediately flog those kids to the highest bidder.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 17:15]
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 18:03 - Aug 7 with 1911 viewsAngelRangelQS

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 16:26 - Aug 7 by karnataka

Naughton is 30

Ah yeah. I totally forgot about Naughton!
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 18:35 - Aug 7 with 1853 viewsPrivate_Partz

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 14:49 - Aug 7 by Neath_Jack

Our youngsters who are good enough, will get their chances no doubt about that with Cooper.

And if none of them make it, then the loan market will still be there next year for us to use.

…..or if we get promoted. Then the whole shooting match changes :-)
Nothing surprises me in this game anymore.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 22:39 - Aug 7 with 1732 viewsjackrmee

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 12:12 - Aug 7 by perplex

Said a year ago in three years the club will be in queer st and struggling to stay in the championship, or quite possibly will have dropped down a division, so 2 years to go.

I reckon another 2 years we will be looking in the opposite direction. We will be closer to the prem than league 1.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024