Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? 08:48 - Aug 7 with 5622 viewsWAFU

Another cheap striker in, we’ve seen this before haven’t we. Ngog, Schecter, Vasquez???

Kalulu - zero goals last season
Surridge - scored plenty in league 2 last season but championship is a different level.

Just because we had a 1 in a million with Michu we are determined to think we can get another 20 goals a season on the cheap. WONT HAPPEN.
Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 08:49 - Aug 7 with 4855 viewsJesusJack

Just curious, do you expect us to sign a striker who scored 20 goals last season?

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 08:55 - Aug 7 with 4815 viewsblackpooljack

Sheff Utd have just spent 20 mill on a striker that has never scored in the Prem OP what's your point.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 8:57]
Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 08:57 - Aug 7 with 4794 viewsNotLoyal

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 08:55 - Aug 7 by blackpooljack

Sheff Utd have just spent 20 mill on a striker that has never scored in the Prem OP what's your point.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 8:57]

That won't be Mcburnnie then.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 09:08 - Aug 7 with 4727 viewsraynor94

The trolling on here is getting pathetic

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 09:15 - Aug 7 with 4690 viewsVincent_Vega

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 09:16 - Aug 7 with 4677 viewsJacket

Yeah, cause the cheap striker we had last season was awful. We're in the Championship now pal

As Surridge was playing in League 2, which other League you expecting him to score in retard?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 9:19]
Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 09:30 - Aug 7 with 4607 viewsmajorraglan

There are some gems out there, but by enlarge you have to pay for a 20 goals a season striker.

You also have to put things in context. I seem to recall that Ngog was a HJ signing and I don’t think he was cheap, Schecter and Vazquez were back up squad fillers who were probably “punts” because they were cheap.

Over the last few years the club has undergone numerous changes off the playing field, managers, coaches, scouts, academy and lots of other things. The guys now in charge need to be given time, and reasonable levels of support to push on.

Sometimes things work out sometimes they don’t, but Swansea City aren’t Man City.
Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 09:33 - Aug 7 with 4576 viewsHeadmaster

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 09:16 - Aug 7 by Jacket

Yeah, cause the cheap striker we had last season was awful. We're in the Championship now pal

As Surridge was playing in League 2, which other League you expecting him to score in retard?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 9:19]

Calling someone a retard. Goes to show what type of scum infest this board.
Login to get fewer ads

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 10:14 - Aug 7 with 4415 viewsblackpooljack

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 09:30 - Aug 7 by majorraglan

There are some gems out there, but by enlarge you have to pay for a 20 goals a season striker.

You also have to put things in context. I seem to recall that Ngog was a HJ signing and I don’t think he was cheap, Schecter and Vazquez were back up squad fillers who were probably “punts” because they were cheap.

Over the last few years the club has undergone numerous changes off the playing field, managers, coaches, scouts, academy and lots of other things. The guys now in charge need to be given time, and reasonable levels of support to push on.

Sometimes things work out sometimes they don’t, but Swansea City aren’t Man City.

Sensible post
Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 12:16 - Aug 7 with 4190 viewsCaptain_Sham

£20m on Andre Ayew. Shillings on McBurnie. Sounds like we learned the hard way. Shoestring is fine.

Its just a ride.

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 12:49 - Aug 7 with 4081 viewsSTID2017

Like many I watched the Swans rise under Tosh.
Signing great players, beating the top teams.
I also remember it all went badly wrong in the end.
Our rise to the PL and most of the time we spent there was great while it lasted.
However now it is over (for the time being at least), I'd rather cheap or free signings and loan signings so that we stay in business and compete, rather than suffer Bolton or Bury type problems and risk dropping out of the leaguej

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 13:52 - Aug 7 with 3921 viewscwmdonkinjack

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 12:49 - Aug 7 by STID2017

Our rise to the PL and most of the time we spent there was great while it lasted.
However now it is over (for the time being at least), I'd rather cheap or free signings and loan signings so that we stay in business and compete, rather than suffer Bolton or Bury type problems and risk dropping out of the leaguej

Spot on. Overspending on some wrong choices nearly cost us the club,in the first decline from
Division 1. We are paying the price from some very high transfer fees on mediocre players and their high wages. We are in a better place than Bolton, Portsmouth and many others. We are a championship club- something I would have dreamt of for a long time, competing against many bigger clubs. Some have spent heavily and done no better eg. Stoke last year. Let’s give the current crop and Cooper a chance.
Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 14:11 - Aug 7 with 3865 viewsPhil_S

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 08:57 - Aug 7 by NotLoyal

That won't be Mcburnnie then.

When did McBurnie score in the PL?
Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 14:22 - Aug 7 with 3836 viewsBlasterJack

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 09:30 - Aug 7 by majorraglan

By enlarge?

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 14:25 - Aug 7 with 3822 viewsNotLoyal

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 14:11 - Aug 7 by Phil_S

When did McBurnie score in the PL?

This is a very good question.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 14:49 - Aug 7 with 3767 viewsHighjack

Trundle, Scotland, Michu, Llorente,

All these strikers bought on the cheap and only about 250 goals between them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 15:04 - Aug 7 with 3710 viewsGlyn1

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 14:49 - Aug 7 by Highjack

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 16:15 - Aug 7 with 3587 viewsBadlands

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 14:49 - Aug 7 by Highjack

Trundle would be a bad example .
Prolific scorer in League 2 & 1 but a bit of a flop in the Championship.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 17:24 - Aug 7 with 3459 viewsHighjack

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 16:15 - Aug 7 by Badlands

Good thing we signed him in league 2 then.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 18:21 - Aug 7 with 3352 viewsPrivate_Partz

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 16:15 - Aug 7 by Badlands

Lee made a big mistake going to Bristol City which was the wrong club as the manager had a style of play which did not suit his game. Similar to Leon at Sheff Utd.
Even so Trundle nearly got them promoted. Similarly with us when he returned.
No player could be so outstanding in League One and become a flop one league higher.
We can never prove it either way but imho, had Trundle committed himself to the game at a much younger age, he would have played in the Premiership.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 18:33 - Aug 7 with 3318 viewssioni

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 12:49 - Aug 7 by STID2017

Yes. I think, disregarding past and lingering problems with ownership and knowledge of how predatory hedge funds can be, present management seems to be serving the interests of both ownership and fans. And there’s no point in expecting infusion of personal money; that’s not how such funds work except for the rare instance where a majority investor has a passionate interest in the team. So personally, I’m going to relax as much as is possible on game day enjoy the match and hope for the best. COYS
Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 18:40 - Aug 7 with 3297 viewsSwanDownUnder

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 18:21 - Aug 7 by Private_Partz

Lee made a big mistake going to Bristol City which was the wrong club as the manager had a style of play which did not suit his game. Similar to Leon at Sheff Utd.
Even so Trundle nearly got them promoted. Similarly with us when he returned.
No player could be so outstanding in League One and become a flop one league higher.
We can never prove it either way but imho, had Trundle committed himself to the game at a much younger age, he would have played in the Premiership.

He scored 7 goals for them, how did he "nearly get them promoted."?
Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 18:57 - Aug 7 with 3267 viewsraynor94

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 18:40 - Aug 7 by SwanDownUnder

He scored 7 goals for them, how did he "nearly get them promoted."?

Scored in the play off semi, to put them through to Wembley

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 20:44 - Aug 7 with 3150 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Strikers on a shoestring? I know, I know. It’s serious.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 21:39 - Aug 7 with 3053 viewsJacket

Strikers on a shoestring, when will we learn? on 09:33 - Aug 7 by Headmaster

Calling someone a retard. Goes to show what type of scum infest this board.

Calling someone a scum kinda takes you off your smug, condescending pedestal I would imagine. The use of the word infest to describe people is the tactics of Hitler. Nazi.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024