Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion Strength Squad ??? 17:23 - Aug 8 with 5199 viewsBarryTownSwam

Let's consider Ayew, Carroll, Montero don't find suitors, get fit, stay fit and give their commitment to the cause and consider if Steve Cooper gets a tune out of them.

Let's consider VDH stays all season.

Let's consider the new signings gel, play well and find their feet in the team and the league.

Let's consider last years U23s utilise their undoubted talents and their extra years championship experience.

All things being equal - a promotion strength squad

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:26 - Aug 8 with 3978 viewsgordondg

Correct.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:38 - Aug 8 with 3902 viewsunion_jack

Maybe, but there are a lot of ‘ifs’ in there.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:59 - Aug 8 with 3841 viewsnantywatcher

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:38 - Aug 8 by union_jack

To me this league looks much stronger this season, let's see how the first couple of months pan out.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 18:03 - Aug 8 with 3809 viewsCaptain_Sham

No. Probably get same points as last season.

Its just a ride.

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 18:40 - Aug 8 with 3655 viewsairedale

And it needs a lot of consideration.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 18:43 - Aug 8 with 3643 viewsjack247

Yes, quite possibly.

However if we can’t find suitors for the big earners and don’t go up, we’ll probably have to sell whoever shines this season next summer to plug another black hole.

We’d be better off getting them off the wage bill, though I accept they are good players at Championship level and certainly increase our chances.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 19:38 - Aug 8 with 3545 viewsEasternJack

Definitely expect a tilt at the playoffs.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 19:48 - Aug 8 with 3511 viewsjackrmee

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 18:03 - Aug 8 by Captain_Sham

No. Probably get same points as last season.

You Captain sir, are a sham.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 19:52 - Aug 8 with 3486 viewsjackrmee

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 18:43 - Aug 8 by jack247

Yes, quite possibly.

However if we can’t find suitors for the big earners and don’t go up, we’ll probably have to sell whoever shines this season next summer to plug another black hole.

We’d be better off getting them off the wage bill, though I accept they are good players at Championship level and certainly increase our chances.

I agree, but it's in their interests to play their asses off to earn moves in January. They've obviously seen what this style of play and a good manager can do, in terms of Oli and Dan's big money moves. That would definitely get me going if I was playing at The Liberty now.

If we can be up there or thereabouts when January comes round, with the big boys playing well and the others getting minutes, we could be in a great place to not only sell them on for cash, but the boys who have been on the bench or rotating can come in and will be more ready. If not, we will have more cash available for new signings.

Win win.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 21:15 - Aug 8 with 3393 viewsjack247

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 19:52 - Aug 8 by jackrmee

I agree, but it's in their interests to play their asses off to earn moves in January. They've obviously seen what this style of play and a good manager can do, in terms of Oli and Dan's big money moves. That would definitely get me going if I was playing at The Liberty now.

If we can be up there or thereabouts when January comes round, with the big boys playing well and the others getting minutes, we could be in a great place to not only sell them on for cash, but the boys who have been on the bench or rotating can come in and will be more ready. If not, we will have more cash available for new signings.

Win win.

I’m not suggesting any of them wouldn’t bust a gut if they stayed. Just mean that we’re probably talking somewhere in the region of £150k per week between Ayew, Baston, Montero and Carroll. If we pay that all season and don’t go up, we’ll probably have another summer window where we have to sell off the silver to cover the black hole.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 21:19 - Aug 8 with 3382 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 21:15 - Aug 8 by jack247

I’m not suggesting any of them wouldn’t bust a gut if they stayed. Just mean that we’re probably talking somewhere in the region of £150k per week between Ayew, Baston, Montero and Carroll. If we pay that all season and don’t go up, we’ll probably have another summer window where we have to sell off the silver to cover the black hole.

But if those players bust a gut and shine won’t we have cash from their sales (at the moment nobody want Ayew for free) AND their wages off the books? Black hole plugged.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 21:23 - Aug 8 with 3368 viewsjack247

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 21:19 - Aug 8 by Brynmill_Jack

But if those players bust a gut and shine won’t we have cash from their sales (at the moment nobody want Ayew for free) AND their wages off the books? Black hole plugged.

No. As far as I know they are all in the last year of their contract apart from Ayew. We’d pay their wages all season and they’d walk, like Bony, Narsingh etc.

We won’t get a lot for any of them in January.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 22:19 - Aug 8 with 3293 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 21:23 - Aug 8 by jack247

No. As far as I know they are all in the last year of their contract apart from Ayew. We’d pay their wages all season and they’d walk, like Bony, Narsingh etc.

We won’t get a lot for any of them in January.

And nobody wants them now. I’m not sure what you want the club to do about it?

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 06:26 - Aug 9 with 3136 viewsjack247

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 22:19 - Aug 8 by Brynmill_Jack

And nobody wants them now. I’m not sure what you want the club to do about it?

No I get that, we can’t shift them. If they are here we may as well play them.

I’m just not getting as excited at the prospect as some. I don’t fancy a third similar summer window next year.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 07:51 - Aug 9 with 3023 viewsdameedna

Got us down to finish second.

Dont see us keeping Ayew and Montero.

Carroll would be very handy.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 08:29 - Aug 9 with 2924 viewsSenhin

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 06:26 - Aug 9 by jack247

No I get that, we can’t shift them. If they are here we may as well play them.

I’m just not getting as excited at the prospect as some. I don’t fancy a third similar summer window next year.

The slight problem then is that one of our other players will get like a £1,000 bonus for playing a match, some of them probably not even that, where people like Ayew' could be more like £15,000. I know that seems a small percentage extra in comparison to their wage, so it makes sense to pay that bit more for them to at least be playing than to pay them their high wage for nothing in return, but if these black holes are really that desperate they may see it as extra money they can't afford.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 09:13 - Aug 9 with 2855 viewsblackpooljack

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 19:52 - Aug 8 by jackrmee

Win win.

Yes but even if they do shine who is going to pay them the sort of coin they are getting here
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 09:16 - Aug 9 with 2834 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Not a big experienced enough squad to last the whole season, I think we will do quite well and surprise a few up until December, but fade over Christmas and beyond as the fatigue and injuries of a Championship season catch up with us.

It's a shame because we had a good opportunity to push ion, but I suppose it's the big earners that have facked us again

Hope I'm wrong and they surprise me, looking forward to it now anyway!
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 09:17 - Aug 9 with 2834 viewsbuilthjack

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 21:15 - Aug 8 by jack247

That's £7.5m in wages this season for that lot.
A fire sale would not be needed.
But we do need to get rid. Keep Baston hopefully, and get rid of the other three.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 09:21 - Aug 9 with 2814 viewsSwansea93

I've had a lot of conversations with Tom. The main objective for him is a short-term one to get back playing games and being fully confident with his hip and being able to have the impact in games that he's capable of," said Cooper.

"There's no doubting his technical ability and his passing range. Until that's the case, I don't think he should be looking any further and we're not looking any further either.

"Having had so much time out, we'd be foolish to think beyond that. That's all we're doing, working with him every day.

"It's great to see him back in training with the group. He's a very popular member of the group and very well respected.

"We're looking forward to having him as an option because when he's at his best he's a talent for sure."

“He is a talent, and a player I have been looking forward to getting back out on the training pitch.

“I know a lot about him from his Tottenham and England Under-21 days. He’s a good character around the group as well.

“He is very well-liked and, even in this first week back in training, you can see the quality he has and it will be encouraging to see him get stronger and stronger and get back to playing at the Liberty.”

Cooper rates Tom highly, wouldn't suprise me if he got a new contract providing he comes back and performs.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 09:47 - Aug 9 with 2748 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Always a cloud...............................

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 09:53 - Aug 9 with 2732 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 09:21 - Aug 9 by Swansea93

I've had a lot of conversations with Tom. The main objective for him is a short-term one to get back playing games and being fully confident with his hip and being able to have the impact in games that he's capable of," said Cooper.

"There's no doubting his technical ability and his passing range. Until that's the case, I don't think he should be looking any further and we're not looking any further either.

"Having had so much time out, we'd be foolish to think beyond that. That's all we're doing, working with him every day.

"It's great to see him back in training with the group. He's a very popular member of the group and very well respected.

"We're looking forward to having him as an option because when he's at his best he's a talent for sure."

“He is a talent, and a player I have been looking forward to getting back out on the training pitch.

“I know a lot about him from his Tottenham and England Under-21 days. He’s a good character around the group as well.

“He is very well-liked and, even in this first week back in training, you can see the quality he has and it will be encouraging to see him get stronger and stronger and get back to playing at the Liberty.”

Cooper rates Tom highly, wouldn't suprise me if he got a new contract providing he comes back and performs.

He's been a target for a lot (me included at times) but I suppose we have to wonder how long he was carrying that injury for. Hopefully he'll come back with confidence if his injury is behind him once and for all.

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 09:56 - Aug 9 with 2719 viewsBadlands

More important than the individual players is what Cooper can get out of the team.
Given the names on our official list last season many were predicting relegation but Potter managed to get more out of the team.
Ayew?
Have him train away from the squad and basically treat him like s**t to force a move before September.
If he is still here - do the same until January.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 11:28 - Aug 9 with 2613 viewsGaz_M

There's a lot less uncertainty about the quality of the youngsters this year, we can say that.

Any team in this league from about 15th and above is in with a shout of play offs, and we're no different. Cooper is clearly aiming for play offs, and even if we lose ayew and montero (both very likely), I'd be disappointed if we ended up outside the play offs by a big margin.

Jeff and Andre will go, Tom will stay. Working on that basis, we get 5th imo.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 13:04 - Aug 9 with 2536 viewssherpajacob

a strike force of Baston and Ayew with Montero off the bench would completely terrorise the championship.

I just cannot see it coming to pass though.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024