Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion Strength Squad ??? 17:23 - Aug 8 with 5197 viewsBarryTownSwam

Let's consider Ayew, Carroll, Montero don't find suitors, get fit, stay fit and give their commitment to the cause and consider if Steve Cooper gets a tune out of them.

Let's consider VDH stays all season.

Let's consider the new signings gel, play well and find their feet in the team and the league.

Let's consider last years U23s utilise their undoubted talents and their extra years championship experience.

All things being equal - a promotion strength squad

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 13:32 - Aug 9 with 1192 viewsThornburyswan

Assuming Montero gets the nod to join Pep @ B'ham & I would expect Ayew to depart abroad, probably loan, by Sept 2nd we have a solid squad.

Not promotion material for me but solid mid-table with an outside go @ the play-offs with a benign season in regard to key injuries & combination of Baston & Surridge taking their fair share of the chances we create.

We lack enough physicality for me so suspect we'll get bullied away from home & at set pieces so we'll concede goals too often for a regular top 6 spot.

That said it's an entertaining division & we'll be involved in lots of good games.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 13:48 - Aug 9 with 1166 viewsBadlands

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 13:32 - Aug 9 by Thornburyswan

Assuming Montero gets the nod to join Pep @ B'ham & I would expect Ayew to depart abroad, probably loan, by Sept 2nd we have a solid squad.

Not promotion material for me but solid mid-table with an outside go @ the play-offs with a benign season in regard to key injuries & combination of Baston & Surridge taking their fair share of the chances we create.

We lack enough physicality for me so suspect we'll get bullied away from home & at set pieces so we'll concede goals too often for a regular top 6 spot.

That said it's an entertaining division & we'll be involved in lots of good games.

I agree on the 'we'll get bullied' especially as our pass and move game seems to have stagnated.
We aren't passing and moving quickly or with purpose nor do we have the physicality to bully other teams.
Looking a bit Monkish to me but we've only played one game and have four mostly unseen players coming in.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 13:50 - Aug 9 with 1162 viewsjasper_T

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 13:48 - Aug 9 by Badlands

I agree on the 'we'll get bullied' especially as our pass and move game seems to have stagnated.
We aren't passing and moving quickly or with purpose nor do we have the physicality to bully other teams.
Looking a bit Monkish to me but we've only played one game and have four mostly unseen players coming in.

We were more "Monkish" last season giving it to the fast lad on the left wing. The way we played last Saturday would have made Garry sick.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 14:08 - Aug 9 with 1131 viewsGaz_M

I see very few similarities between monk and cooper's football.

To name a few traits we didn't have under monk :

Playing short from goal kicks
High intensity, quick press, from the front
Focus on possession
Fewer crosses, preferring to play along the ground

I could go on, but basically we're not reminiscent of monk at all.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 14:19 - Aug 9 with 1124 viewspencoedjack

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 13:32 - Aug 9 by Thornburyswan

Tidy post Thornbury I agree with that.

Lose VdH & I would change to just above relegation places.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 15:12 - Aug 9 with 1073 viewssherpajacob

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 14:08 - Aug 9 by Gaz_M

I see very few similarities between monk and cooper's football.

To name a few traits we didn't have under monk :

Playing short from goal kicks
High intensity, quick press, from the front
Focus on possession
Fewer crosses, preferring to play along the ground

I could go on, but basically we're not reminiscent of monk at all.

something we did on Saturday that we haven't done in years. - we left Dyer up when defending corners.

Why we haven't done this in recent seasons with some of the speedsters on our team baffled me. its not like Nathan is going to add to our set piece defending.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 15:29 - Aug 9 with 1055 viewsNortbankboy

I thought Huddersfield looked good the night.
Leeds
Fulham
Brentford
Derby
All look like strong teams
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:28 - Aug 9 with 991 viewssioni

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 19:38 - Aug 8 by EasternJack

Definitely expect a tilt at the playoffs.

And I’ld Say at FA Cup too. Oops! Need another”if”. If the referees can be induced to be unbiased.
Login to get fewer ads

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:39 - Aug 9 with 968 viewsjackrmee

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 06:26 - Aug 9 by jack247

No I get that, we can’t shift them. If they are here we may as well play them.

I’m just not getting as excited at the prospect as some. I don’t fancy a third similar summer window next year.

We don't know what will happen though, so not really any point in looking that far ahead and worrying.
I mean, it could go the other way and we be in the prem next summer. Who knows.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:41 - Aug 9 with 966 viewsjackrmee

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 08:29 - Aug 9 by Senhin

The slight problem then is that one of our other players will get like a £1,000 bonus for playing a match, some of them probably not even that, where people like Ayew' could be more like £15,000. I know that seems a small percentage extra in comparison to their wage, so it makes sense to pay that bit more for them to at least be playing than to pay them their high wage for nothing in return, but if these black holes are really that desperate they may see it as extra money they can't afford.

If that's the case, Ayew will probably have to do a Routledge and waive his bonuses if he wants to play week in week out.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:44 - Aug 9 with 953 viewsjackrmee

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 09:56 - Aug 9 by Badlands

More important than the individual players is what Cooper can get out of the team.
Given the names on our official list last season many were predicting relegation but Potter managed to get more out of the team.
Ayew?
Have him train away from the squad and basically treat him like s**t to force a move before September.
If he is still here - do the same until January.

Don't agree with treating a player like shit. The opposite if anything. Coopie should be taking him to one side and telling him how important he could be in getting us back to the prem and explaining that the club cant afford his bonuses as well as his wage, so they need to work together to have a good season and get him the move he needs to keep his pay packet.

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:48 - Aug 9 with 943 viewsjackrmee

How can you even say something has "stagnated" after such short a time? Doesn't make sense. One game ffs.

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:49 - Aug 9 with 943 viewsNortbankboy

Agree make every player feel wanted to get the best out of them.
We look a lot stronger up frnot.
But I feel we are weaker at the back with Carter Vickers gone
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 19:09 - Aug 9 with 876 viewsBadlands

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:48 - Aug 9 by jackrmee

How can you even say something has "stagnated" after such short a time? Doesn't make sense. One game ffs.

read to the end ..
'Looking a bit Monkish to me ...............but we've only played one game and have four mostly unseen players coming in.'

But,
I was considering friendlies as well.
I've seen indication that we can play a fast pass and move game. We have tried and it's been unsuccessful.
I thought our breakthrough came against Hull when they tired and Dyer and to some extent Bidwell were able to get wide without having to think too much about getting back to defend.

Just my opinion.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 21:03 - Aug 9 with 830 viewsjack247

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 17:39 - Aug 9 by jackrmee

We don't know what will happen though, so not really any point in looking that far ahead and worrying.
I mean, it could go the other way and we be in the prem next summer. Who knows.

Thats probably what the owners thought when they signed Ayew.
Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 09:03 - Aug 10 with 734 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 19:09 - Aug 9 by Badlands

read to the end ..
'Looking a bit Monkish to me ...............but we've only played one game and have four mostly unseen players coming in.'

But,
I was considering friendlies as well.
I've seen indication that we can play a fast pass and move game. We have tried and it's been unsuccessful.
I thought our breakthrough came against Hull when they tired and Dyer and to some extent Bidwell were able to get wide without having to think too much about getting back to defend.

Just my opinion.

What? You didn’t watch the Yeovil friendly then when we passed and moved them to death?
Read through the top lines of your second paragraph again. Makes f*ck all sense

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 10:27 - Aug 10 with 689 viewsGaz_M

Promotion Strength Squad ??? on 09:03 - Aug 10 by Brynmill_Jack

What? You didn’t watch the Yeovil friendly then when we passed and moved them to death?
Read through the top lines of your second paragraph again. Makes f*ck all sense

Same old with badlands. Don't think he watches swans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024