Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero to Brum... 18:45 - Aug 8 with 7615 viewsTailGunner

Could still happen..
Montero to Brum... on 19:59 - Aug 8 with 5741 viewsChief

Just read that they've submitted all the paperwork prior to the deadline so waiting for the league to ratify the move

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Montero to Brum... on 20:24 - Aug 8 with 5643 viewsTailGunner

Montero to Brum... on 19:59 - Aug 8 by Chief

Just read that they've submitted all the paperwork prior to the deadline so waiting for the league to ratify the move

Taking longer than the other late ones, the medical may take some time though. .....

Shift him plus A Ayew next few weeks and we must be in a very good place.
Montero to Brum... on 20:35 - Aug 8 with 5559 viewsmonmouth

I'm torn on this one because he's an exciting player on his game. But we've got loads of wide men now and we need his wage off the books, so f*ck him. Maybe not as torn as I thought.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Montero to Brum... on 20:38 - Aug 8 with 5541 viewsTailGunner

Montero to Brum... on 20:35 - Aug 8 by monmouth

I'm torn on this one because he's an exciting player on his game. But we've got loads of wide men now and we need his wage off the books, so f*ck him. Maybe not as torn as I thought.

I sympathise with that view, but every single time he's looked the mutts nuts he's broken down for s long spell.

Fingers crossed
Montero to Brum... on 20:40 - Aug 8 with 5528 viewsBadlands

I understood the move toWBA fell through because he'd have had to really for a work permit an he no longer meets Home Office criteria.
If he leaves and Ayew goes in August we could still be in business for free agents.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Montero to Brum... on 20:45 - Aug 8 with 5484 viewsTailGunner

We would surely have known that and not wasted everyone's time by trying for this ???
Montero to Brum... (n/t) on 21:17 - Aug 8 with 5297 views3swan

Montero to Brum... on 20:45 - Aug 8 by TailGunner

We would surely have known that and not wasted everyone's time by trying for this ???

Would there be a problem with a permit on a loan deal as he would still be our registered player?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 21:19]
Montero to Brum... on 21:23 - Aug 8 with 5235 viewsGaryjack

Montero to Brum... on 20:40 - Aug 8 by Badlands

I understood the move toWBA fell through because he'd have had to really for a work permit an he no longer meets Home Office criteria.
If he leaves and Ayew goes in August we could still be in business for free agents.

That's not correct. He can move within the UK, but he wouldn't meet UEFA criteria to move to another country within it.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 21:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Montero to Brum... on 21:30 - Aug 8 with 5192 viewskarnataka

Montero to Brum... on 20:24 - Aug 8 by TailGunner

Taking longer than the other late ones, the medical may take some time though. .....

Shift him plus A Ayew next few weeks and we must be in a very good place.

Probably more like an autopsy than a conventional medical.
Montero to Brum... on 22:44 - Aug 8 with 4998 viewsBadlands

Montero to Brum... on 21:23 - Aug 8 by Garyjack

That's not correct. He can move within the UK, but he wouldn't meet UEFA criteria to move to another country within it.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 21:24]

I was going with this from July ...

'Swansea have allowed Montero to remain in Ecuador as he awaits news on a new work permit, with a decision expected in the next week.
There are concerns that Montero's application will be turned down because he has not played often enough for club or country in the last 12 months.
Should that prove to be the case, Montero's next move must be to an overseas team.
Swansea gave a clue as to their stance on Montero when they issued their squad numbers for 2019-20 over the weekend.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48992491

I believe work permits are the domain of national government (our home office) not UEFA and require the national association endorsing the move - in our case the FA and excludes the UK Associations. FIFA provide a guide for automatic qualification.
However, in order to secure a work permit from the Home Office, a footballer's employer must first receive a “Governing Body Endorsement”, or GBE, for that player from The FA.

https://www.reevaldo.com/story/2016/9/15/football-work-permit-premier-league-fa-

Generally, in the UK, a work permit does automatically transfer to a new employer if the worker has been out of the country for a period of time (90 days rings a bell but I'm not 100%)

Montero to Brum... on 22:56 - Aug 8 with 4933 viewslondonlisa2001

Montero to Brum... on 22:44 - Aug 8 by Badlands

I was going with this from July ...

'Swansea have allowed Montero to remain in Ecuador as he awaits news on a new work permit, with a decision expected in the next week.
There are concerns that Montero's application will be turned down because he has not played often enough for club or country in the last 12 months.
Should that prove to be the case, Montero's next move must be to an overseas team.
Swansea gave a clue as to their stance on Montero when they issued their squad numbers for 2019-20 over the weekend.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48992491

I believe work permits are the domain of national government (our home office) not UEFA and require the national association endorsing the move - in our case the FA and excludes the UK Associations. FIFA provide a guide for automatic qualification.
However, in order to secure a work permit from the Home Office, a footballer's employer must first receive a “Governing Body Endorsement”, or GBE, for that player from The FA.

https://www.reevaldo.com/story/2016/9/15/football-work-permit-premier-league-fa-

Generally, in the UK, a work permit does automatically transfer to a new employer if the worker has been out of the country for a period of time (90 days rings a bell but I'm not 100%)

What are the rules on a sick permit?
Montero to Brum... on 23:19 - Aug 8 with 4838 viewsPentyrchJack

Montero to Brum... on 20:40 - Aug 8 by Badlands

Surely there's a clause which means we don't pay him if his work permit isn't renewed, or did Hubert overlook that?

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Montero to Brum... on 23:58 - Aug 8 with 4714 viewsNotLoyal

Not as torn as his hamstring mate.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Montero to Brum... on 12:08 - Aug 9 with 4215 views3swan

Montero to Brum... on 20:45 - Aug 8 by TailGunner

Any news?

The thread does say Montero to Brum, so did a search and found this

https://www.thsh.co.uk/event/bc-2019-20-gabriela-montero-in-recital

Montero to Brum... on 12:10 - Aug 9 with 4203 viewsTailGunner

Montero to Brum... on 12:08 - Aug 9 by 3swan

Any news?

The thread does say Montero to Brum, so did a search and found this

https://www.thsh.co.uk/event/bc-2019-20-gabriela-montero-in-recital

Its all with the EFL who were going through the complexities last i heard?
Montero to Brum... on 12:14 - Aug 9 with 4188 views3swan

Montero to Brum... on 12:10 - Aug 9 by TailGunner

Thanks

You didn't get mixed up with her then.

Does say March 2020, maybe that's when the EFL will get it sorted.

Montero to Brum... on 12:29 - Aug 9 with 4126 views3swan

Montero to Brum... on 12:10 - Aug 9 by TailGunner

If by magic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49294621
Montero to Brum... on 12:34 - Aug 9 with 4091 viewsTailGunner

Montero to Brum... on 12:29 - Aug 9 by 3swan

If by magic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49294621

Fingers crossed!!
Montero to Brum... on 15:04 - Aug 9 with 3806 viewsCooperman

Now official.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Montero to Brum... on 15:06 - Aug 9 with 3789 viewsHighjack

One of the best wingers in the world when fit, or 4 minutes a year.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Montero to Brum... on 15:07 - Aug 9 with 3780 viewsSenhin

It still says Subject to International Clearance... Is that the work permit thing? I'd like to think that that is basically a given, or they wouldn't have put the news up until 100% finished.

Hopefully that helps them not feel as desperate to get rid of Van Der Hoorn if someone comes in...

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Montero to Brum... on 15:38 - Aug 9 with 3639 viewsBadlands

Montero to Brum... on 15:07 - Aug 9 by Senhin

It still says Subject to International Clearance... Is that the work permit thing? I'd like to think that that is basically a given, or they wouldn't have put the news up until 100% finished.

Hopefully that helps them not feel as desperate to get rid of Van Der Hoorn if someone comes in...

No, International clearance is needed to move between International associations which in this case is FAW to FA.
Work permit is down to the government for all non-EU citizens. Next season could be interesting if Boris balsas up the country.
I think Jeff doesn't need a new work permit because his is still contracted to Swansea.
I think, if his move had been a sale he would have needed to reapply.

Montero to Brum... on 16:05 - Aug 9 with 3506 viewsbuilthjack

I thought Brum were skint?
We must be skinter.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Montero to Brum... on 16:34 - Aug 9 with 3411 views3swan

Montero to Brum... on 16:05 - Aug 9 by builthjack

I thought Brum were skint?
We must be skinter.

Coventry ground sharing so they have an extra 20p to spend
Montero to Brum... on 16:39 - Aug 9 with 3385 viewssioni

That’s the advantage of indecision. It can always be called flexibility.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024