Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Bidwell 17:07 - Aug 10 with 7126 viewsDippy

Well done son, ignore the boo boys on here, another solid performance at left back.

Poll: Cooper Out

Jake Bidwell on 01:06 - Aug 18 with 1464 viewsNeathJack

Jake Bidwell on 00:54 - Aug 18 by Nortbankboy

Not good enough,him and Rosen are going to cost a few goals

Don't think Rosen will cost us many goals.
Jake Bidwell on 07:14 - Aug 18 with 1307 viewsWarwickHunt

Rosen? Oy vey!
Jake Bidwell on 07:56 - Aug 18 with 1260 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Well the entire back 4 were terrible in the first half. Haven’t read that many threads but I thought VDH looked disinterested in the first half and was responsible for the goal. Different story second half but we really can’t aff to give teams a one nil start. As impressive as it is to fight back and win that’s the third game on the trot we’ve had to do this.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jake Bidwell on 10:40 - Aug 18 with 1153 viewsbuilthjack

Jake Bidwell on 07:56 - Aug 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Well the entire back 4 were terrible in the first half. Haven’t read that many threads but I thought VDH looked disinterested in the first half and was responsible for the goal. Different story second half but we really can’t aff to give teams a one nil start. As impressive as it is to fight back and win that’s the third game on the trot we’ve had to do this.

The reason our back 4 are not doing it, is that teams have sussed us out. All they have to do is put 3 or 4 players in front of our back line, and we can't then play out from the back.
It happened towards the end of last season, and has carried on into this season.
Cooper needs to use plan B immediately after this happens, not at half time.
It's not rocket science.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jake Bidwell on 10:45 - Aug 18 with 1134 viewsmynamesjeff1

Jake Bidwell on 23:26 - Aug 17 by Badlands

I never thought I'd be saying this but for Christ's sake Cooper play Declan John ... and while you're at it play Naughton on the other side.
It looks like Cooper will pick the players he's brought in no matter what.
I expect to see Wilmot at CB fairly soon and Surridge taking over from Borja.

You post so much absolute trash on here mind fair play.
Jake Bidwell on 12:51 - Aug 18 with 1068 viewsNortbankboy

Jake Bidwell on 23:26 - Aug 17 by Badlands

I never thought I'd be saying this but for Christ's sake Cooper play Declan John ... and while you're at it play Naughton on the other side.
It looks like Cooper will pick the players he's brought in no matter what.
I expect to see Wilmot at CB fairly soon and Surridge taking over from Borja.

I agree with you.
Bidwell one paced
And Roberts has gone backward in my book
Jake Bidwell on 14:32 - Aug 18 with 1024 viewsdameedna

Jake Bidwell on 12:51 - Aug 18 by Nortbankboy

I agree with you.
Bidwell one paced
And Roberts has gone backward in my book

the game is 90 minutes
quite a few lapses at full back and also some good work
thought bidwell had his best game so far
it is a tough position that got easier in the second half
so far though an area for improvement
celina and ayew could be the difference and it got better with the changes
Jake Bidwell on 17:42 - Aug 18 with 948 viewsploppy

Jake Bidwell on 10:40 - Aug 18 by builthjack

The reason our back 4 are not doing it, is that teams have sussed us out. All they have to do is put 3 or 4 players in front of our back line, and we can't then play out from the back.
It happened towards the end of last season, and has carried on into this season.
Cooper needs to use plan B immediately after this happens, not at half time.
It's not rocket science.

If they press high with 3 or 4 players, we should be licking our lips not lumping it long. When it happens, we need more midfield players looking for the ball. Grimes does, Fulton rarely does, Byers does but wasn't there first half. It's not rocket science - if the opposition commit that many players to the press then once you beat the press you're away. There were major problems yesterday first half - Bidwell wasn't comfortable receiving the ball (and he had a new player in front of him who didn't know quite what to do, or where to go), Connor was having one of his days and when Rodon brought the ball out (which he did a few times - almost like they encouraged him to do so) he gave the ball away.

What's your plan B, BTW? Lumping it long to Borja wasn't working first half either.
Login to get fewer ads

Jake Bidwell on 18:45 - Aug 18 with 882 viewsFlashberryjack

Jake Bidwell on 17:42 - Aug 18 by ploppy

If they press high with 3 or 4 players, we should be licking our lips not lumping it long. When it happens, we need more midfield players looking for the ball. Grimes does, Fulton rarely does, Byers does but wasn't there first half. It's not rocket science - if the opposition commit that many players to the press then once you beat the press you're away. There were major problems yesterday first half - Bidwell wasn't comfortable receiving the ball (and he had a new player in front of him who didn't know quite what to do, or where to go), Connor was having one of his days and when Rodon brought the ball out (which he did a few times - almost like they encouraged him to do so) he gave the ball away.

What's your plan B, BTW? Lumping it long to Borja wasn't working first half either.

Sometimes lumping it forward isn't such a bad idea when the opposition a team has 7 to 8 players in your half, but you have to plan for that, we didn't and we were very lucky to take all 3 points.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 19:09]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jake Bidwell on 18:52 - Aug 18 with 863 viewsploppy

Jake Bidwell on 18:45 - Aug 18 by Flashberryjack

Sometimes lumping it forward isn't such a bad idea when the opposition a team has 7 to 8 players in your half, but you have to plan for that, we didn't and we were very lucky to take all 3 points.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 19:09]

Agreed, but 7/8 is a different scenario to 3/4.

We were good value for 3 points in the end, but it could have been all over at half time.
Jake Bidwell on 19:40 - Aug 18 with 822 viewsDrGonzo

I like him. Solid player, didn't have the best of first halves yesterday but no worse than anyone else.

Gets into good positions and puts in dangerous crosses 90% of the time too.
Jake Bidwell on 20:02 - Aug 18 with 785 viewsjasper_T

Jake Bidwell on 17:42 - Aug 18 by ploppy

Rodon did that often for the u23s. For it to be effective the rest of the team can't just stand and watch, they have to continue giving him options, drawing opposition players away, and someone has to drop in to cover because there's always a fair chance of a turnover. Centre halves aren't wingers even if some would very much like to be. 15 yards into the opposition half blinkers can come on. Even vdH panics in unfamiliar territory.
Jake Bidwell on 20:18 - Aug 18 with 751 viewsjackrmee

Jake Bidwell on 19:40 - Aug 18 by DrGonzo

I like him. Solid player, didn't have the best of first halves yesterday but no worse than anyone else.

Gets into good positions and puts in dangerous crosses 90% of the time too.

And Borja can turn those crosses into goals.
Do we have another fullback who is solid defensively and can pick people out with balls into the box 9 times out of 10?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jake Bidwell on 20:22 - Aug 18 with 750 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jake Bidwell on 20:18 - Aug 18 by jackrmee

And Borja can turn those crosses into goals.
Do we have another fullback who is solid defensively and can pick people out with balls into the box 9 times out of 10?

Do we have a winger that can do that? No! Bidwell and Celina combined very well

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jake Bidwell on 21:08 - Aug 18 with 724 viewsploppy

Jake Bidwell on 20:02 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

Rodon did that often for the u23s. For it to be effective the rest of the team can't just stand and watch, they have to continue giving him options, drawing opposition players away, and someone has to drop in to cover because there's always a fair chance of a turnover. Centre halves aren't wingers even if some would very much like to be. 15 yards into the opposition half blinkers can come on. Even vdH panics in unfamiliar territory.

The lack of options was painful to watch first half - and not just when Rodon brought the ball out. We looked so much better with Byers and Ayew. I haven't been Byers's biggest fan at times, but when we're on the front foot he's excellent. In the first half it was almost as if Rodon was compelled to come forward because no-one was showing for him.
Jake Bidwell on 22:28 - Aug 18 with 659 viewsBadlands

Jake Bidwell on 21:08 - Aug 18 by ploppy

The lack of options was painful to watch first half - and not just when Rodon brought the ball out. We looked so much better with Byers and Ayew. I haven't been Byers's biggest fan at times, but when we're on the front foot he's excellent. In the first half it was almost as if Rodon was compelled to come forward because no-one was showing for him.

Spot on.
By the time our midfield turned up you could see his confidence wane.
I would also point out that Bidwel made quite a few passes look dreadful by showing for a pass than moving in different direction.
He did make a lot of aimless passes through the middle but so did each of the defensive players - I assumed it was something Cooper wants to see.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jake Bidwell on 00:36 - Aug 19 with 599 viewsNotLoyal

He's more than half decent to win a promotion medal.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024