Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Bidwell 17:07 - Aug 10 with 7125 viewsDippy

Well done son, ignore the boo boys on here, another solid performance at left back.

Poll: Cooper Out

Jake Bidwell on 20:17 - Aug 10 with 1832 viewsangryjack

Jake Bidwell on 19:01 - Aug 10 by SwanDownUnder

Done ok but I can see him being a bit of a liability on times as he dives in on times and gives free kicks away,as a full back you should always stay on your feet unless it certain you can win that ball....played as full back semi pro for years and was always told never dive in always stay on your feet..he got booked last week for diving into a challenge and got away with few today.lhe solid enough done well though.thats just my opinion just think he dives into naive challenges
Jake Bidwell on 00:00 - Aug 11 with 1686 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jake Bidwell on 18:30 - Aug 10 by BlasterJack

We haven't had a left back that is universally liked since Kevin Austin. Maybe Ben Davies?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 18:32]

Marcos Painter

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jake Bidwell on 20:46 - Aug 17 with 1427 viewsDippy

Ignore the boo boys... Another solid display by Bidwell

Jake Bidwell on 20:48 - Aug 17 with 1414 viewsbuilthjack

Jake Bidwell on 20:46 - Aug 17 by Dippy

Ignore the boo boys... Another solid display by Bidwell

Worst player on the pitch first half. Improved after the break.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jake Bidwell on 20:52 - Aug 17 with 1385 viewsbiggar

Jake Bidwell on 20:48 - Aug 17 by builthjack

Give the man a chance. It's unfair to expect him to match the likes of Neil Taylor.
Jake Bidwell on 20:54 - Aug 17 with 1377 viewsDippy

Absolute rubbish, defensively solid.. you need to look over on the other side. But because he's one of our own escapes criticism

Jake Bidwell on 21:06 - Aug 17 with 1335 viewsTNT

My first two full backs were Danny Bartley and Wyndham Evans.

Other than 'Jimmy', beat that.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Jake Bidwell on 21:09 - Aug 17 with 1316 views100percentjack

Great cross .... when he gets there. And solid defensively. No worries from me.
Login to get fewer ads

Jake Bidwell on 21:16 - Aug 17 with 1293 viewsTim_Harry

Solid enough defender, but not a natural footballer. Not enough pace either.

I'd prefer to see Naughton at left back.
Jake Bidwell on 21:26 - Aug 17 with 1254 viewslonglostjack

Jake Bidwell on 21:06 - Aug 17 by TNT

👍

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Jake Bidwell on 21:26 - Aug 17 with 1254 viewsploppy

Jake Bidwell on 21:16 - Aug 17 by Tim_Harry

Solid enough defender, but not a natural footballer. Not enough pace either.

I'd prefer to see Naughton at left back.

I've commented on his lack of pace in the past but he's surprised me. Defensively, there's been a couple of times where he's managed to get there despite looking like he wouldn't. There was one in the first half today, and another in the second half where he looked like he might have given away a pen. Plus in the home games he's provided assists by overlapping. So, I don't know anymore. He definitely looks slow, but maybe he hides it well.

My biggest problem with Bidwell is his passing forward. Often it's just a hopeful chip forward to no-one in particular. Naughton looks a classier player, but maybe Cooper doesn't fancy a right-footed left-back.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 21:39]
Jake Bidwell on 21:33 - Aug 17 with 1223 viewspencoedjack

Dyer till he got injured
Jake Bidwell on 21:39 - Aug 17 with 1182 viewsbuilthjack

Jake Bidwell on 20:54 - Aug 17 by Dippy

Absolute rubbish, defensively solid.. you need to look over on the other side. But because he's one of our own escapes criticism

He was booting it anywhere when players were available for the pass. Then made 3 successive passes to the opposition.
As I said, he improved after the break.
I am sure he will improve with some coaching.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jake Bidwell on 21:40 - Aug 17 with 1178 viewsTim_Harry

Jake Bidwell on 21:26 - Aug 17 by ploppy

I've commented on his lack of pace in the past but he's surprised me. Defensively, there's been a couple of times where he's managed to get there despite looking like he wouldn't. There was one in the first half today, and another in the second half where he looked like he might have given away a pen. Plus in the home games he's provided assists by overlapping. So, I don't know anymore. He definitely looks slow, but maybe he hides it well.

My biggest problem with Bidwell is his passing forward. Often it's just a hopeful chip forward to no-one in particular. Naughton looks a classier player, but maybe Cooper doesn't fancy a right-footed left-back.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 21:39]

I think everything in your post is a fair reflection on the merits of both players. I agree with everything you've said, yet my order of left backs is probably Naughton first, John second and Bidwell footing it up in third.

Who knows what the season might stir up though.

I'm not writing Bidwell off yet.
Jake Bidwell on 21:47 - Aug 17 with 1146 viewsploppy

Jake Bidwell on 21:40 - Aug 17 by Tim_Harry

I think everything in your post is a fair reflection on the merits of both players. I agree with everything you've said, yet my order of left backs is probably Naughton first, John second and Bidwell footing it up in third.

Who knows what the season might stir up though.

I'm not writing Bidwell off yet.

If pushed, I'd probably go Naughton, Bidwell, John. Naughton looks very composed on the ball but doesn't have the pace of John. Both Naughton and Bidwell are better defenders than John. John has looked great at times going forward though. I suppose if we were to play wingbacks, my first choice would be John.
Jake Bidwell on 21:50 - Aug 17 with 1139 viewsraynor94

Jake Bidwell on 21:06 - Aug 17 by TNT

Roy Evans and Brian Hughes for me, and Roy grew up in Wordsworth street Mount Pleasant, I was from Portia the street in front

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jake Bidwell on 22:01 - Aug 17 with 1099 viewslonglostjack

Jake Bidwell on 21:50 - Aug 17 by raynor94

Roy Evans and Brian Hughes for me, and Roy grew up in Wordsworth street Mount Pleasant, I was from Portia the street in front

I remember my uncle talking about Roy Evans at my Nans. All a bit of a blur because I was too young ;-). Gary Sprake came around the house once too.

Jake Bidwell on 22:02 - Aug 17 with 1089 viewsTNT

Jake Bidwell on 21:50 - Aug 17 by raynor94

So your best full backs, snowflake?

Better than Dzemal Hadziabdic and Wyndham Evans?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 22:07]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Jake Bidwell on 22:03 - Aug 17 with 1081 viewsswan_si

Jake Bidwell on 22:01 - Aug 17 by longlostjack

I remember my uncle talking about Roy Evans at my Nans. All a bit of a blur because I was too young ;-). Gary Sprake came around the house once too.

Was Gary Sprake a Clydach boy?
Jake Bidwell on 22:09 - Aug 17 with 1054 viewslonglostjack

Jake Bidwell on 22:03 - Aug 17 by swan_si

Was Gary Sprake a Clydach boy?

No idea tbh - but he knew my uncle somehow.

Jake Bidwell on 22:18 - Aug 17 with 1011 viewsraynor94

Jake Bidwell on 22:02 - Aug 17 by TNT

So your best full backs, snowflake?

Better than Dzemal Hadziabdic and Wyndham Evans?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 22:07]

Snowflake? You have lost me, and to your question no they weren't, but different eras obviously

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jake Bidwell on 22:58 - Aug 17 with 954 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jake Bidwell on 21:39 - Aug 17 by builthjack

He was booting it anywhere when players were available for the pass. Then made 3 successive passes to the opposition.
As I said, he improved after the break.
I am sure he will improve with some coaching.

My God most of the team gave the ball away during that rancid first half.
When Celina went left wing his skill and awareness allowed Bidwell to overlap and Jake did the rest.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jake Bidwell on 23:26 - Aug 17 with 910 viewsBadlands

I never thought I'd be saying this but for Christ's sake Cooper play Declan John ... and while you're at it play Naughton on the other side.
It looks like Cooper will pick the players he's brought in no matter what.
I expect to see Wilmot at CB fairly soon and Surridge taking over from Borja.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jake Bidwell on 00:44 - Aug 18 with 839 viewssioni

Jake Bidwell on 22:58 - Aug 17 by Brynmill_Jack

My God most of the team gave the ball away during that rancid first half.
When Celina went left wing his skill and awareness allowed Bidwell to overlap and Jake did the rest.

Yes. In the first half we played as we usually play when we are ineffective: those off the ball kept their distance, did not move to help the man in possession and were generally slow or static. To make it worse the oppo played a very effective deep press. The man in possession had very few alleys to work.

Unfortunately for Bidwell, as the only man in position often he was constantly receiving passes especially from Rodon. He’s no Cliff Jones and no Ivor A to get past the press through skill or speed.He suffered accordingly as did all of our players in possession. The second half the whole team played more dynamically.
Jake Bidwell on 00:54 - Aug 18 with 821 viewsNortbankboy

Not good enough,him and Rosen are going to cost a few goals
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024