Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse 22:40 - Aug 10 with 3584 viewsjackharris

AZ Alkmaar’s AFAS Stadion roof collapses in high winds.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/az-alkmaar-stadium-roof-af
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 22:41]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 19:01 - Aug 11 with 1304 viewsTreforys_Jack

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 18:55 - Aug 11 by Darran

Why are you avoiding the question? What’s been pretty nasty?

Let's not be like children now Darran, you say he's happy with the stick he gets, then fine, though his last post suggests otherwise now doesn't it.
NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 19:08 - Aug 11 with 1283 viewsdickythorpe

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 18:57 - Aug 11 by Oldjack

I've no doubt whatsoever that horrible person dickythorpe has mentioned me in this thread

He is one vile person of that there is no doubt that's why he's on ignore

Don't give me that nonsense!!!! You pissed on my shoes once but can't ever remember meeting me.
You drunken bum
NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 19:10 - Aug 11 with 1284 viewsDarran

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 19:01 - Aug 11 by Treforys_Jack

Let's not be like children now Darran, you say he's happy with the stick he gets, then fine, though his last post suggests otherwise now doesn't it.

Like children? All you’ve got to do is answer a simple question.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 19:19 - Aug 11 with 1264 viewsdickythorpe

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 19:10 - Aug 11 by Darran

Like children? All you’ve got to do is answer a simple question.

People stepping in to defend a person they know nothing about and take what we say way, way too seriously.

It used to be a laugh on here, but like in this modern hell we live in, society is fúcked!!!
NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 19:45 - Aug 11 with 1241 viewsexiledclaseboy

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 18:43 - Aug 11 by Treforys_Jack

Don't like bullies simples. Didn't u used to work in the spar in Pinewood many years ago ?

You’re getting him mixed up with another former poster in this site.

Poll: Tory leader

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 20:13 - Aug 11 with 1225 viewsBanosswan

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 19:19 - Aug 11 by dickythorpe

People stepping in to defend a person they know nothing about and take what we say way, way too seriously.

It used to be a laugh on here, but like in this modern hell we live in, society is fúcked!!!

Agree

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 20:17 - Aug 11 with 1219 viewsDarran

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 20:13 - Aug 11 by Banosswan

Agree

Me too,fuçkwits everywhere.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 20:30 - Aug 11 with 1207 viewsJackfath

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 19:19 - Aug 11 by dickythorpe

No wonder I rarely post any more.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 17:53 - Aug 12 with 1139 viewsbluenile

Back on subject....................wouldn't want to be under the rest of the stadium roof, at a future match, having seen what happened to one part of it.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 17:53]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 18:26 - Aug 12 with 1118 viewsjackharris

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 16:55 - Aug 11 by Wingstandwood

If you showed that picture to British steel erectors you'd get an aghast wtf reaction. That's a football stadium built to garden shed standards.

I cannot see any heavy underlying weight bearing supports for that roof. What a laid back and lackadaisical approach to things they must have out there. Take a look at the external steel construct below and compare with what you'll see during your next visit to the Liberty Stadium.

Flimsy Dutch construction, materials and standards or what? Sh1te the stadium is made out of angle iron. Not a heavy steel girder in sight.
https://newsbeezer.com/germanyeng/netherlands-az-alkmaar-the-roof-of-the-stadium

The roof at FC Twente collapsed a few years ago, Dutch engineering seems to be a problem? Had more of a support structure but far too flimsy.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 18:59 - Aug 12 with 1099 viewsWingstandwood

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 18:26 - Aug 12 by jackharris

The roof at FC Twente collapsed a few years ago, Dutch engineering seems to be a problem? Had more of a support structure but far too flimsy.

Thankfully there wasn't a few thousand sitting under that during a game. I'd now have jitters sitting in any roofed Dutch stadium watching a game in adverse weather conditions.

Argus!

NSR- Dutch Stadium Roof Collapse on 19:27 - Aug 12 with 1083 viewsBLAZE

Im amazed this could happen - not once, but twice - in a developed country. In fact, isn't there an EU directive of some kind relating to minimum required building standards?

Edit. Looks like there is; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocodes
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 19:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024