Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ENG v WAL 14:19 - Aug 11 with 2872 viewsunion_jack

Wales being torn apart in this so far.

They don’t look up for the physicality of the game and decision making has been awful.

Not taking it seriously or really not that good?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

ENG v WAL on 14:30 - Aug 11 with 2270 viewsmajorraglan

Wales did well in the 6 Nations, but the World Cup is the big one. I think Eddie Jones (who I believe is a great coach albeit he’s not my cup of tea) will have England well drilled and ready to go. They have a very strong group of forwards and will be very competitive.

Not bothered about this game or the next one, or the hype about being rated No 1 team as is being championed in some places, it’s the WC that counts.
ENG v WAL on 14:37 - Aug 11 with 2249 viewsdickythorpe

Just games to get players up to speed, "miles on the clock" . Totally meaningless as a guide to how both sides will do next month.
Just enjoy it.
ENG v WAL on 14:40 - Aug 11 with 2235 viewsBLAZE

Personally, I'd have picked a handful of medium quality warm-up tests and looked to have gone into the WC 17 or 18 unbeaten. I think the mental edge would've been massive. A few dodgy showings against England and Ireland and they could lose all the momentum they've built over the last 18 months

But maybe I'm placing too much emphasis on the psychological benefit, what do I know...
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 14:42]
ENG v WAL on 14:42 - Aug 11 with 2219 viewsLuther27

Money raising game. Let's see if the injuries we'll get are worth it.
I wartime this as I watch Anscomb being helped off. Fvcking accountants still rule the game.
ENG v WAL on 14:42 - Aug 11 with 2221 viewsunion_jack

ENG v WAL on 14:37 - Aug 11 by dickythorpe

Just games to get players up to speed, "miles on the clock" . Totally meaningless as a guide to how both sides will do next month.
Just enjoy it.

Yes, but that is not what AWJ has said. Of course it will be a notch or two lower.

Think England look very good going forward and are starting to play the offload at pace similar to how Southern Hemisphere have been playing for decades.

Wales also doing ok but a little rushed at times and Gareth Davies looks slow in kicking out of hand though his try was well taken.

ENG v WAL on 14:49 - Aug 11 with 2193 viewsunion_jack

ENG v WAL on 14:42 - Aug 11 by Luther27

Money raising game. Let's see if the injuries we'll get are worth it.
I wartime this as I watch Anscomb being helped off. Fvcking accountants still rule the game.

After watching that sh1tfest of a lineout, I think Wales need as much practice against top class opposition as they can.

That was a bottling under pressure. Awful!

ENG v WAL on 14:52 - Aug 11 with 2178 viewsdickythorpe

ENG v WAL on 14:49 - Aug 11 by union_jack

After watching that sh1tfest of a lineout, I think Wales need as much practice against top class opposition as they can.

That was a bottling under pressure. Awful!

These games are about "trying things" no way would we throw long there in a world cup semi or final.

Teams can afford to make mistakes in these warm up games.
There should be no caps awarded either (as old fashioned as that sounds lol!)
ENG v WAL on 14:55 - Aug 11 with 2162 viewsNeath_Jack

ENG v WAL on 14:40 - Aug 11 by BLAZE

Personally, I'd have picked a handful of medium quality warm-up tests and looked to have gone into the WC 17 or 18 unbeaten. I think the mental edge would've been massive. A few dodgy showings against England and Ireland and they could lose all the momentum they've built over the last 18 months

But maybe I'm placing too much emphasis on the psychological benefit, what do I know...
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 14:42]

I'd agree with that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

ENG v WAL on 14:57 - Aug 11 with 2158 viewsunion_jack

ENG v WAL on 14:52 - Aug 11 by dickythorpe

These games are about "trying things" no way would we throw long there in a world cup semi or final.

Teams can afford to make mistakes in these warm up games.
There should be no caps awarded either (as old fashioned as that sounds lol!)

Hope you’re right.

Caps for the game? Don’t know, without them the players may not feel the need to compete as hard?

ENG v WAL on 15:02 - Aug 11 with 2128 viewsunion_jack

You'd also have thought that Sky would’ve brought more of a balance to the punditry / commentary wouldn’t you.

Quinnell the token Taff.

Also, a woman in the analysis room. Why? (That’s a rhetorical question by the way).

ENG v WAL on 15:06 - Aug 11 with 2110 viewsdickythorpe

The women are very knowledgeable. Alphonso is an enthusiastic addition.
The Aussie Mel Jones they employ for the Cricket is brilliant.
ENG v WAL on 15:14 - Aug 11 with 2088 viewsunion_jack

ENG v WAL on 15:06 - Aug 11 by dickythorpe

The women are very knowledgeable. Alphonso is an enthusiastic addition.
The Aussie Mel Jones they employ for the Cricket is brilliant.

Plenty of others who would be just as, if not more enthusiastic but would have played at the level they’re commenting on i.e. men’s international level. People regardless of gender or colour who don’t have the credentials in that they haven’t been there, done it don’t have the credibility. Plenty out there who’ve never played the game could be pundits but who’d listen to them.

There’s my reasoning, not something else people may think.

ENG v WAL on 15:23 - Aug 11 with 2067 viewsMrSwerve

Probably a daft question, but why are we playing England in a friendly? Except for geography and money (I expect that these are the reasons). How can you try out things when there's the effect of playing your number 1 rival. A good test, I guess...but it's like the Swans having a friendly against Cardiff - tactics and 'warming up' would go out of the window.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 15:24]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

ENG v WAL on 15:42 - Aug 11 with 2018 viewsdickythorpe

England have such a depth of players that they need more run outs than us.
2 would have been enough for us
ENG v WAL on 17:34 - Aug 11 with 1884 viewsProfessor

ENG v WAL on 15:23 - Aug 11 by MrSwerve

Probably a daft question, but why are we playing England in a friendly? Except for geography and money (I expect that these are the reasons). How can you try out things when there's the effect of playing your number 1 rival. A good test, I guess...but it's like the Swans having a friendly against Cardiff - tactics and 'warming up' would go out of the window.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 15:24]

Full house at Twickenham, full house in Cardiff next week. 50k+ for Ireland. Even. With a few cheaper tickets it is making the RFU, WRU and IRFU a few bon
ENG v WAL on 21:39 - Aug 11 with 1739 viewsbuilthjack

In a World Cup warm up, should you not be playing a few different teams that you don't normally play? Or is there not enough teams for that?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

ENG v WAL on 21:51 - Aug 11 with 1720 viewsdickythorpe

ENG v WAL on 21:39 - Aug 11 by builthjack

In a World Cup warm up, should you not be playing a few different teams that you don't normally play? Or is there not enough teams for that?

If I'm correct the 1987 squad went to Tenby to train/ bond before the tournament.
In 1991 a Wales XV played the Wales under 21's and Glyn Llewellyn broke his thumb after sticking one on his opponent.
Not much money was made.

Can't remember 1995 /1999 but before the 2003 tournament we got hammered by England around this time.

It's all money making. It's all a "run out" for the players. Caps shouldn't be awarded.
ENG v WAL on 13:54 - Aug 12 with 1548 viewsunion_jack

Anscombe our of RWC19😧

Biggar now no.1 I’d expect.

ENG v WAL on 14:19 - Aug 12 with 1527 viewsJonathans_coat

ENG v WAL on 13:54 - Aug 12 by union_jack

Anscombe our of RWC19😧

Biggar now no.1 I’d expect.

Why do we play these stupid “warm up” games. 4 of them this year ffs!! We always have 2/3 key players injured and out of the tournament because of them, and there’s usually only 1 or 2 games.

Rugby players careers are short enough, most only get 1 maybe 2 cracks at a World Cup, just to be ruined by this nonsense. Football teams only play 1 or 2 friendlies before major tournaments, and they are played a a snails pace. You just can’t play a “friendly” in rugby. It’s all out physicality or nothing!
ENG v WAL on 15:36 - Aug 12 with 1482 viewsBanosswan

ENG v WAL on 14:19 - Aug 12 by Jonathans_coat

Why do we play these stupid “warm up” games. 4 of them this year ffs!! We always have 2/3 key players injured and out of the tournament because of them, and there’s usually only 1 or 2 games.

Rugby players careers are short enough, most only get 1 maybe 2 cracks at a World Cup, just to be ruined by this nonsense. Football teams only play 1 or 2 friendlies before major tournaments, and they are played a a snails pace. You just can’t play a “friendly” in rugby. It’s all out physicality or nothing!

The southern hemisphere teams have only just finished kicking lumps out of each other. We can't risk going in to the tournament undercooked.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

ENG v WAL on 17:20 - Aug 12 with 1419 viewsMrSwerve

I personally prefer Biggar at 10. Gutted for Anscombe though, he must be in bits (somewhat literally).

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

ENG v WAL on 17:21 - Aug 12 with 1416 viewsJackfath

ENG v WAL on 15:36 - Aug 12 by Banosswan

The southern hemisphere teams have only just finished kicking lumps out of each other. We can't risk going in to the tournament undercooked.

Not finished yet.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

ENG v WAL on 18:47 - Aug 12 with 1368 viewsBanosswan

ENG v WAL on 17:21 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Not finished yet.

I saw South Africa had won it and just assumed.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

ENG v WAL on 20:16 - Aug 12 with 1340 viewsBrynCartwright

2 warm up games needed maximum in my opinion. Realise the WRU need the revenue, but 4 is just mental. Hope Anscombe is the only injury.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

ENG v WAL on 21:31 - Aug 12 with 1309 viewsdickythorpe

In fairness Gatland at many an end of season rugby dinner has said 4 is too many and it's all been about making money.
3 I think is all he wanted.
It's a brutal game at top level now. Even Ross Moriarty was swatted like a fly by Billy Vunipola yesterday, 3 stone difference between the two.
That South African lock Estebeth is ridiculously strong. I would not want Steve Shingler playing against him!!
He was tossed around at will.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024