Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football 23:01 - Aug 11 with 6262 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 13:17 - Aug 12 with 1281 viewsswanjackal

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 12:14 - Aug 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Didn’t he get arrested in France once? I’m sure he’s been involved in shenanigans

Wouldn't surprise me. Had the unfortunate pleasure of witnessing him often being more than a little "silly"when he was in the infancy of his rugby career out in Bridgend (especially The Roof). An unpleasant individual.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 13:17 - Aug 12 with 1280 viewsSirjohnalot

Really don't see what the problem is with this. He approached all Premership teams to help promote his extremely important message, Cardiff replied and he has made a short video attempting to promote diversity.

Who cares what club it is. Well done Cardiff for making a stand and well done Alfie for promoting a message so close to his heart.

If this were Alfie and Swansea doing this, would people's perceptions be different ? Don't understand the negativity
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 13:32 - Aug 12 with 1254 viewsploppy

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 13:17 - Aug 12 by Sirjohnalot

Really don't see what the problem is with this. He approached all Premership teams to help promote his extremely important message, Cardiff replied and he has made a short video attempting to promote diversity.

Who cares what club it is. Well done Cardiff for making a stand and well done Alfie for promoting a message so close to his heart.

If this were Alfie and Swansea doing this, would people's perceptions be different ? Don't understand the negativity

I guess the negativity comes from
1. His career is now based on him being gay.
2. If he wasn't gay, no TV channel in their right mind would pay him to do anything. Have you heard him speak?
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 13:34 - Aug 12 with 1243 viewsNeath_Jack

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 13:32 - Aug 12 by ploppy

2. If he wasn't gay, no TV channel in their right mind would pay him to do anything. Have you heard him speak?

1. But he is.
2. But he is and they do. Surely the main point is what he is trying to do? So he's getting paid for it, and?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 13:57 - Aug 12 with 1220 viewsSirjohnalot

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 13:32 - Aug 12 by ploppy

1. Of course it is, but who better to appeal to kids who are gay who are still bullied for being 'poofs' and who use to term in a derogatory sense than a hard as nails, British Lion ?
2. I have heard him speak, but who cares ? Are you saying it is better for someone, such as I, a straight barrister who may sound far more articulate on TV trying to get the gay message out there, when I've never lived it or have no idea what it's like, just because I sound better ? No. No one is going to relate to that.

The fact that he was born in the Valleys and had all the negative experiences, some of which are echoed on here, is exactly why he's the best person to do what he is doing. I don't know if you've read his book, but it may explain why he is so passionate about this
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 14:25 - Aug 12 with 1198 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 13:57 - Aug 12 by Sirjohnalot

1. Of course it is, but who better to appeal to kids who are gay who are still bullied for being 'poofs' and who use to term in a derogatory sense than a hard as nails, British Lion ?
2. I have heard him speak, but who cares ? Are you saying it is better for someone, such as I, a straight barrister who may sound far more articulate on TV trying to get the gay message out there, when I've never lived it or have no idea what it's like, just because I sound better ? No. No one is going to relate to that.

The fact that he was born in the Valleys and had all the negative experiences, some of which are echoed on here, is exactly why he's the best person to do what he is doing. I don't know if you've read his book, but it may explain why he is so passionate about this

I've not bothered reading his book, no interest in fiction to boost his bank balance.

I saw the "tortured soul not knowing how to come out to fellow players" extracts and realised it was bs; his sexuality was well known in rugby circles early on.... people were accepting.

Truth doesn't generate ads much publicity or money though.

So if he's prepared to lie for personal profit, who really gives a fvck what he has to say on, well, anything?
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 14:31 - Aug 12 with 1196 viewsBarrySwan

Gareth Thomas! Gay?

When did this happen?

I never heard anything about it. Has he issued a statement or anything?
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 14:38 - Aug 12 with 1172 viewslondonlisa2001

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 13:57 - Aug 12 by Sirjohnalot

Obviously you’re correct. And I’d also add that his career is now spent talking about diversity issues to large firms. So the accusation that he is talking about being gay to ‘make money’ is about as valid as saying the Pope talks about being God to ‘make money’, or a disabled campaigner talking about being disabled ‘to make money’.

Every single time he does anything, exactly the same people on here criticise him. Because they ‘don’t like ‘gay’ being shoved down their throat’. Or they ‘don’t like Gareth Thomas’, or because ‘he keeps on saying he’s gay’. Many of the same people do exactly the same about Nigel Owens.

If only they could find a gay person acceptable to them...but nothing to do with homophobia you understand.
Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 15:04 - Aug 12 with 1149 viewsJacket

He basically came to the end of his rugby career and thought what am I going to do now. What skills do I have apart from Rugby? Well I'm quite good at being gay, let's come out the closet and become a professional gay person. He's now more famous for being gay than playing rugby. I actually didn't know who he was before he became a professional gay and started appearing on the reality TV programmes the wife watches. So he basically now wants professional sportsmen to come out as gay even though he didn't come out until after his career. All the while he hopes no one more famous, and more able to string a few coherent sentences together, than him comes out the closet as he'll no longer be the only famous gay in the village.
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 15:26 - Aug 12 with 1127 viewsSirjohnalot

Why does he need to do this ?

Have a look at the majority of comments on here for the answer.

I wonder why footballers won't come out.
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 15:35 - Aug 12 with 1106 viewspencoedjack

Bridgend isn't in the Valleys.

As someone said earlier a real cock of a bloke when he was playing for Bridgend.
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 15:40 - Aug 12 with 1100 viewsSirjohnalot

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 15:35 - Aug 12 by pencoedjack

Bridgend isn't in the Valleys.

As someone said earlier a real cock of a bloke when he was playing for Bridgend.

He may have been, but that has no relation to the good that he is doing now
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 16:26 - Aug 12 with 1055 viewshobo

If you can't play, you can't
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 16:59 - Aug 12 with 1020 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 15:26 - Aug 12 by Sirjohnalot

Why does he need to do this ?

Have a look at the majority of comments on here for the answer.

I wonder why footballers won't come out.

It depends.

Are you saying someone who lied about his experiences for profit should be lauded as a role model?

His laughable claims are frankly insulting to all those who do struggle with their sexuality and informing others.
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 17:11 - Aug 12 with 1007 viewsMrSwerve

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 13:17 - Aug 12 by Sirjohnalot

Quite depressing that I had to get this far into the thread for a sensible reply.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:16 - Aug 12 with 945 viewsSirjohnalot

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 16:59 - Aug 12 by bluey_the_blue

It depends.

Are you saying someone who lied about his experiences for profit should be lauded as a role model?

His laughable claims are frankly insulting to all those who do struggle with their sexuality and informing others.

Professional advice.
Be careful saying such things on a public forum

Edit....you know what ? Sod it. Do what you want.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 18:21]
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:21 - Aug 12 with 933 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:16 - Aug 12 by Sirjohnalot

Professional advice.
Be careful saying such things on a public forum

Edit....you know what ? Sod it. Do what you want.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 18:21]

Eh, not really.

Players and staff at Bridgend knew his sexuality. He wasn't a tortured soul as claimed.
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:25 - Aug 12 with 926 viewsploppy

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 14:38 - Aug 12 by londonlisa2001

Obviously you’re correct. And I’d also add that his career is now spent talking about diversity issues to large firms. So the accusation that he is talking about being gay to ‘make money’ is about as valid as saying the Pope talks about being God to ‘make money’, or a disabled campaigner talking about being disabled ‘to make money’.

Every single time he does anything, exactly the same people on here criticise him. Because they ‘don’t like ‘gay’ being shoved down their throat’. Or they ‘don’t like Gareth Thomas’, or because ‘he keeps on saying he’s gay’. Many of the same people do exactly the same about Nigel Owens.

If only they could find a gay person acceptable to them...but nothing to do with homophobia you understand.

Thing is, to use your examples, I really like Nigel Owens and I really dislike Gareth Thomas. And I really disliked GT before he came out, partly because of the stories I'd heard about him socially (admittedly anecdotal) and partly because to me he always came across as arrogant and thick. Just my personal opinion, obviously.

How he's carved out a career for himself on TV is beyond me.

BTW, I'm not gay but my boyfriend is.
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:25 - Aug 12 with 925 viewsSirjohnalot

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:21 - Aug 12 by bluey_the_blue

Eh, not really.

Players and staff at Bridgend knew his sexuality. He wasn't a tortured soul as claimed.

Ok, despite not reading his, you still claim him to be a fraud ?

Not sure we’re going to agree here, so I hope you have a lovely evening. Take care
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 18:25]
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:36 - Aug 12 with 902 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 14:38 - Aug 12 by londonlisa2001

Nigel Owens is a dignified man who came out (as he did) and a top class referee. I really like and admire the man.

Gareth Thomas - pig sh*t thick, loud mouthed bully , narcissistic, attention seeking c*nt.

There, hope this helps.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:39 - Aug 12 with 894 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:25 - Aug 12 by Sirjohnalot

Ok, despite not reading his, you still claim him to be a fraud ?

Not sure we’re going to agree here, so I hope you have a lovely evening. Take care
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 18:25]

Yup.

Went to uni with someone with relatives on Bridgend's committee. Was told of his sexuality a long, long time before he came out. Also told a lot of other stories too.
Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:40 - Aug 12 with 891 viewsJackfath

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:36 - Aug 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Nigel Owens is a dignified man who came out (as he did) and a top class referee. I really like and admire the man.

Gareth Thomas - pig sh*t thick, loud mouthed bully , narcissistic, attention seeking c*nt.

There, hope this helps.

Did Gareth turn you down at some point?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:41 - Aug 12 with 890 viewsjackportis

JP would like to congratulate Gareth for reminding everyone he is gay. Jp was made aware years back. Jp also enquires on how his ex wife is after her previous and perhaps current humiliating experience being married to him.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:42 - Aug 12 with 882 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:25 - Aug 12 by ploppy

Thing is, to use your examples, I really like Nigel Owens and I really dislike Gareth Thomas. And I really disliked GT before he came out, partly because of the stories I'd heard about him socially (admittedly anecdotal) and partly because to me he always came across as arrogant and thick. Just my personal opinion, obviously.

He fits the BBC Wales LGBT mould perfectly. Perhaps they feel they owe him after Eddie Butler squeezed the treacherous little weasel so tightly on air for what he did to Mike Ruddock that he had an alleged stroke.
Hope Ruddock taped it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:47 - Aug 12 with 868 viewsFlashberryjack

Gareth Thomas v Homophobia in Premiership football on 18:25 - Aug 12 by ploppy

"

If an untalented complete waste of space like Gemma Collins can have a career in TV, then any usless tw*t can.

Gareth is using his sexual preferences to make money, he won't be the first and won't be the last to do so, men and women have been doing it for years.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024