Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" 21:11 - Aug 13 with 12507 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 09:22 - Aug 14 with 1924 viewsjasper_T

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:16 - Aug 14 by hobo

We've not been paying 80k wages for 20 months, and we would have also received a decent loan fee from Fener

At the time I heard they paid £1m up front but over the course of the loan covered his wages and not a penny more. And we were delighted to get it, I bet.
(No subject) on 09:54 - Aug 14 with 1836 viewsjacktheripper

(No subject) on 08:06 - Aug 14 by jasper_T

They're not going to spend it elsewhere because it's money we haven't got. We'll have to make it up with more sales in January and next summer if he doesn't leave.

It doesn't come out of the owners' pockets it comes out of the club's bank account and adds to the debt and deficit.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 8:07]

Didn't Birch state after James was sold that we were under no financial pressure to sell anyone else. Since then we've pocketed another hefty wedge with the sale of OMc.
(No subject) on 10:19 - Aug 14 with 1789 viewsNotLoyal

(No subject) on 09:54 - Aug 14 by jacktheripper

Didn't Birch state after James was sold that we were under no financial pressure to sell anyone else. Since then we've pocketed another hefty wedge with the sale of OMc.

Ah no, that will be a new debt, different to the other debt, but similar. Please remain indebted to me for this explanation.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

(No subject) on 10:22 - Aug 14 with 1780 viewsswan_si

(No subject) on 10:19 - Aug 14 by NotLoyal

Ah no, that will be a new debt, different to the other debt, but similar. Please remain indebted to me for this explanation.

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 10:30 - Aug 14 with 1755 viewsWhiterockin

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:02 - Aug 14 by Jackfath

What about the adulation before he kicked a ball?

One could ague that the adulation set the tone for the performance. Depends if you want to be negative or positive.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 10:33 - Aug 14 with 1742 viewsLuther27

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 05:44 - Aug 14 by Whiterockin

When Ayew was playing with Siggy he often got in the space that Siggy needed and it seemed that it was difficult for both to play in the same team.

Hopefully if he stays this season, he will play slightly behind Borja as a two up front, with Celina in a free role behind these. IMO if this happens we will rip through this league.

Good shout. Where's the harm in trying it. What I saw tonight like it or lump it was a guy having a couple of chances and taking them which we is not something we've not been great at.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 10:38 - Aug 14 with 1733 viewsSwansea93

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:51 - Aug 14 by Fireboy2

If ayew plays then surely theres no place for celina, just saying like.

Ayew instead of Dyer.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

(No subject) on 10:39 - Aug 14 with 1730 viewsjasper_T

(No subject) on 09:54 - Aug 14 by jacktheripper

And in 12 months that hefty wedge will have gone in wages and other operating expenses unless costs are cut in line with regular income. Despite what Birch said there's plenty of suggestions that Oli was encouraged out the door for the good of the football club (his own farewell statement one example).

Being under no immediate financial pressure to sell was what allowed us to turn down £10m and then £15m for Oli. But that sort of money doesn't make any Championship club sustainable long term. Half the division is losing that much in operating costs every year.
Login to get fewer ads

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 11:47 - Aug 14 with 1627 viewsJacket

If Ayew "rips up" this division it could be worth keeping him. A successful team will increase last week's disappointing 15,000 or so to around 20,000. 5,000 additional tickets at full price is £150,000 (OK it's £125,000 on Jack Army or even £75,000 if they're all 65+) but that's probably a greater contribution than we're likely to get towards his wages if he gets loaned.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 12:16 - Aug 14 with 1575 viewsMagic_Michu

Also Ayew’s value is an low as it’s ever been - valued on transfermarkd at around £5 million.

He has a good season here and we’d probably be looking at clubs actually wanting him again and him being valued £10 million +

All ifs and buts tho... but I think he’s worth a gamble for the season.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 12:22 - Aug 14 with 1558 viewsjasper_T

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 11:47 - Aug 14 by Jacket

If Ayew "rips up" this division it could be worth keeping him. A successful team will increase last week's disappointing 15,000 or so to around 20,000. 5,000 additional tickets at full price is £150,000 (OK it's £125,000 on Jack Army or even £75,000 if they're all 65+) but that's probably a greater contribution than we're likely to get towards his wages if he gets loaned.

Andre Ayew is not getting 5k extra supporters into the liberty unless he's driving the Man Utd and Liverpool team busses.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 12:32 - Aug 14 with 1546 viewsLandore_Jack

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 07:41 - Aug 14 by 34dfgdf54

What has he actually done then?

He failed in keeping us up granted, but it was Jenkins, not him who signed off the huge transfer fee and wages.

This "refused to train" etc is just another myth imo, as it was with Borja, Jordan and several other players accused of it.

Totally agree. Potter said he was a joy to work with:

“From my perspective he has been brilliant. He has applied himself in training, supported what we are trying to do and been very professional,"

“He has been a joy to work with and we wish him the best.”

https://ghanasoccernet.com/swansea-city-boss-potter-hails-very-professional-andr

#backtojack

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 12:34 - Aug 14 with 1538 viewsSwansea93

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 12:32 - Aug 14 by Landore_Jack

Totally agree. Potter said he was a joy to work with:

“From my perspective he has been brilliant. He has applied himself in training, supported what we are trying to do and been very professional,"

“He has been a joy to work with and we wish him the best.”

https://ghanasoccernet.com/swansea-city-boss-potter-hails-very-professional-andr

Only ever remember Jordan refusing, Andre always trained and took part in the games before he left.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/

(No subject) on 12:43 - Aug 14 with 1511 viewsNotLoyal

(No subject) on 10:22 - Aug 14 by swan_si

Yes as boring as those that say there is a debt. 😘

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 09:30 - Aug 15 with 1248 viewsSwansea93

But, as long as he remains a Swansea player, Ayew has vowed to do as much as he can to help Cooper and co build on their unbeaten start to the season

“I’m a Swansea player and I am working hard for the games that are coming up. The gaffer has been clear and honest with me and I want to thank him for that,” he said.

“He’s given me a lot of confidence and trust in the way that he speaks to me. I really feel like I’m welcome and that’s a good feeling.

“A lot of things have been said but, for me, what’s important is to work hard, try to get to full fitness and, if I’m here, go for it.”

Ayew also thanked the Swans fans for the reception he received on Tuesday night, with his name ringing round the Liberty after his goals.

“The fans gave me an unbelievable welcome. I’m so happy and touched and that sort of thing makes you want to work hard,” he said.

“They have always been great with me and supporting me. That’s why, so long as I’m in a Swansea shirt, I try to give everything I have for the club. I just want to do my best on the field for everyone.”

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 09:52 - Aug 15 with 1217 viewsBrynmill_Jack

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:51 - Aug 14 by Fireboy2

If ayew plays then surely theres no place for celina, just saying like.

Yes there is. In a slightly deeper role at the expense of either Byers or Fulton.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 10:00 - Aug 15 with 1203 viewsBrynmill_Jack

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 12:22 - Aug 14 by jasper_T

Andre Ayew is not getting 5k extra supporters into the liberty unless he's driving the Man Utd and Liverpool team busses.

Ffs give it a rest. If Ayew plays well and scores goals for us (and we’re in the top 6) I have no doubt that someone will want to take a punt on him.
As it stands nobody wants him , not even on loan or for nothing (despite the BS Football Ghana are pushing out). We still have to pay him so I don’t think there’s really any other option but for him to be involved.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

(No subject) on 10:21 - Aug 15 with 1174 viewsBobblehat

(No subject) on 10:39 - Aug 14 by jasper_T

And in 12 months that hefty wedge will have gone in wages and other operating expenses unless costs are cut in line with regular income. Despite what Birch said there's plenty of suggestions that Oli was encouraged out the door for the good of the football club (his own farewell statement one example).

Being under no immediate financial pressure to sell was what allowed us to turn down £10m and then £15m for Oli. But that sort of money doesn't make any Championship club sustainable long term. Half the division is losing that much in operating costs every year.

This is spot on our fans seem to think we've got a hamster jogging on a wheel that covers the cost of running the club.
(No subject) on 11:40 - Aug 15 with 1116 viewsLuther27

(No subject) on 10:39 - Aug 14 by jasper_T

That may well be the case. But if no one wants Ayew then he's ours. We are paying him therefor play him. I don't see any other option. If he does well then come January he's in the shop window again.
(No subject) on 12:31 - Aug 15 with 1071 viewsmynamesjeff1

(No subject) on 11:40 - Aug 15 by Luther27

That may well be the case. But if no one wants Ayew then he's ours. We are paying him therefor play him. I don't see any other option. If he does well then come January he's in the shop window again.

If he’s doing that well that means we are in a very good position and I would then wait u til the summer.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 12:50 - Aug 15 with 1030 viewsPorthcawlswan

Regarding operating costs etc I honestly think birch is/was here to steer the ship and get things in order and then once things are settled find a suitable buyer. I can honestly see us being sold next summer. Have a look at birch's interview yesterday on talksport, not much about swans but he knows his stuff
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 13:03 - Aug 15 with 1007 viewsdameedna

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 12:34 - Aug 14 by Swansea93

Only ever remember Jordan refusing, Andre always trained and took part in the games before he left.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/

That article looks like mixed messages and a made up headline. Says J Ayew was there and that the club had made it clear he did not figure in the club's plans. Not training at an open session may have been because the club had already accepted the offer.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 23:12 - Dec 14 with 678 viewsbuilthjack

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 21:19 - Aug 13 by Jackfath

Not the point, Alan. Why are they chanting his name? Last time he played he was utterly shite. What's changed? He should be begging the fans to be kind to him after his complete lacklustre displays. He epitomises everything that is bad about current "superstar" footballers.

They are still chanting his name.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 23:16 - Dec 14 with 663 viewsbuilthjack

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 07:41 - Aug 14 by builthjack

Make him Captain.

I said this in August

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 01:11 - Dec 15 with 601 viewsBadlands

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 21:16 - Aug 13 by Oldjack

Sort his swede out and we got a tidy player for the championship

No we don't. Reminds me of David Rhys George Best Cotterill - promises a lot achieves not much.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024