Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Declan John 09:30 - Aug 14 with 4562 viewsJack_y_Jwc

He certainly put in a claim for the left back position last night, good performance from him even if they were a Lg2 side. He ruined his opposite number every time.

Declan John on 09:33 - Aug 14 with 3729 viewsVincent_Vega

For what I've read Preston don't do well against wing attacks, granted its only game 3 but that'll be interesting when picking the side as DJ loves going forward. He could well get his chance.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Declan John on 16:23 - Aug 14 with 3329 viewspencoedjack

Declan John on 09:33 - Aug 14 by Vincent_Vega

For what I've read Preston don't do well against wing attacks, granted its only game 3 but that'll be interesting when picking the side as DJ loves going forward. He could well get his chance.

I'm not sure if his C*****f background clouds my judgement on John, but I think hes shite
Declan John on 16:35 - Aug 14 with 3298 viewsbluey_the_blue

Declan John on 16:23 - Aug 14 by pencoedjack

I'm not sure if his C*****f background clouds my judgement on John, but I think hes shite

Nothing to do with his Cardiff background, he is shite.
Declan John on 18:28 - Aug 14 with 3175 viewsJBT95

Declan John on 16:23 - Aug 14 by pencoedjack

Were you at the game last night? Clearly not.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 18:28]
Declan John on 18:29 - Aug 14 with 3167 viewsJBT95

Declan John on 16:35 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

Any player for CCFC is shite cause you play shite.
Declan John on 18:32 - Aug 14 with 3159 viewsbluey_the_blue

Declan John on 18:29 - Aug 14 by JBT95

Any player for CCFC is shite cause you play shite.

Arf!

Chances under 5 different managers for us, garbage.

Went on loan to lower league, garbage.

Rangers? Garbage.

Really not sure why you signed him.
Declan John on 18:36 - Aug 14 with 3144 viewsFlashberryjack

Declan John on 16:35 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

He may well have been shyte with you, but he had an excellent game last night.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Declan John on 18:49 - Aug 14 with 3116 viewsJBT95

Declan John on 18:32 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

Arf!

Rangers? Garbage.

Must really hurt you lot seeing the players we've had over the last 15 years.

Only Bellamy, Ramsey and Earnshaw would have a chance of getting into a Swans side.

How many Swans players would get into a Cardiff combined XI though?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 18:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Declan John on 19:54 - Aug 14 with 3038 viewsItchySphincter

Declan John on 18:49 - Aug 14 by JBT95

Only Bellamy, Ramsey and Earnshaw would have a chance of getting into a Swans side.

The snaggletoothed wonder would never get in to a Swans side and Aaron Ramsey is one of the most overrated players of his generation.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Declan John on 21:07 - Aug 14 with 2937 viewsgrabsplatter

Arf!

Rangers? Garbage.

Clueless as ever
Declan John on 21:09 - Aug 14 with 2931 viewsbluey_the_blue

Declan John on 21:07 - Aug 14 by grabsplatter

Clueless as ever

Really? Did you check his loan spells in the past?
Declan John on 22:42 - Aug 14 with 2813 viewsItchySphincter

Arf!

Rangers? Garbage.

Jazzley Richards.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Declan John on 23:28 - Aug 14 with 2755 viewsLuther27

Played well last night....and when he had a run in the team last season. Took him a while to get over the injury against Bristol City...but I'd start him definitely against PNE.
Declan John on 05:25 - Aug 15 with 2662 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Declan John on 23:28 - Aug 14 by Luther27

Played well last night....and when he had a run in the team last season. Took him a while to get over the injury against Bristol City...but I'd start him definitely against PNE.

I think Bluey is being ignorant to the possibility that some players do actually improve. I was against signing him but his willingness to take the game to the opposition has been both surprising and refreshing. Could become a real favourite down here if he can maintain that level of enthusiasm. He’s very good going forward and his defensive work isn’t that bad either.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Declan John on 07:09 - Aug 15 with 2613 viewsbluey_the_blue

Declan John on 22:42 - Aug 14 by ItchySphincter

Jazzley Richards.

Ah, sicknote.

I agree with you on that one.
Declan John on 08:28 - Aug 15 with 2536 viewsThornburyswan

The tricky bit is getting the balance right, if we went John & Roberts as our two full backs in a 4 man defence it, in my eyes mean we cannot then fit in Celina, Byers, Baston, Dyer/Kaluhu & Ayew/Routs as we'd be too open.

I'd be interested to see if we could flex to 5-3-2 with John & Roberts as the two wing backs either side of Rodon/VDH/Wilmott allowing us three of Grimes, Fulton, Byers, Celina or Routs centrally and then two from Baston, Ayew or Surridge up top with the pace options of Kaluha, Peterson or Dyer from the bench.
Declan John on 08:33 - Aug 15 with 2527 viewsbluey_the_blue

Declan John on 05:25 - Aug 15 by Brynmill_Jack

I think Bluey is being ignorant to the possibility that some players do actually improve. I was against signing him but his willingness to take the game to the opposition has been both surprising and refreshing. Could become a real favourite down here if he can maintain that level of enthusiasm. He’s very good going forward and his defensive work isn’t that bad either.

Given the number of managers he's been poor under, odds would be against him improving, I think you'd agree.

A good game here or there isn't enough, needs consistency. Needs to constantly put in 7/10 type matches.

For us, defensively he was nowhere near good enough. Not enough tricks to play as a winger. Maybe a wing back spot is a possibility, but history shows he's not been good enough. When you're on loan to Chesterfield and Barnsley and can't get into the side regularly...
Declan John on 08:48 - Aug 15 with 2503 viewsgrabsplatter

Declan John on 21:09 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

Really? Did you check his loan spells in the past?

I don't care how he played for Rangers funnily enough, I only care how he plays for us under Cooper
Declan John on 08:51 - Aug 15 with 2490 viewsbluey_the_blue

Declan John on 08:48 - Aug 15 by grabsplatter

I don't care how he played for Rangers funnily enough, I only care how he plays for us under Cooper

Was thinking more of Chesterfield and Barnsley, tbh. He wasn't on loan at Rangers - they signed him, barely played him.

I'd be amazed if Huw saw something special in him, probably more the case was a cheap option for backup. If he goes on to do well for you, then good on him and you - still think you're capable of attracting better.
Declan John on 09:09 - Aug 15 with 2463 viewsLohengrin

Declan John on 18:49 - Aug 14 by JBT95

”Only Bellamy, Ramsey and Earnshaw would have a chance of getting into a Swans side.”

Thinking back I’d always fancied seeing Phil Stant in a white shirt. He was a proper handful.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Declan John on 09:22 - Aug 15 with 2444 viewsbluey_the_blue

Declan John on 09:09 - Aug 15 by Lohengrin

”Only Bellamy, Ramsey and Earnshaw would have a chance of getting into a Swans side.”

Thinking back I’d always fancied seeing Phil Stant in a white shirt. He was a proper handful.

Falklands vet too, Loh. Used to like Stant, decent bloke off the pitch. Always gave his all on it. Think that type of striker is gone from the game these days.
Declan John on 10:06 - Aug 15 with 2388 viewsLohengrin

Declan John on 09:22 - Aug 15 by bluey_the_blue

Falklands vet too, Loh. Used to like Stant, decent bloke off the pitch. Always gave his all on it. Think that type of striker is gone from the game these days.

I met him briefly by chance long after he’d finished playing, Blue. Just a quick chat about our mutual admiration for Frankie Burrows while we queued at a service station. Nice chap he is.

Incidentally, on the Falklands, can you remember the documentary series he took part in to mark the 25th anniversary of the South Atlantic Campaign?

Declan John on 11:10 - Aug 15 with 2321 viewsbluey_the_blue

Declan John on 10:06 - Aug 15 by Lohengrin

I met him briefly by chance long after he’d finished playing, Blue. Just a quick chat about our mutual admiration for Frankie Burrows while we queued at a service station. Nice chap he is.

Incidentally, on the Falklands, can you remember the documentary series he took part in to mark the 25th anniversary of the South Atlantic Campaign?

Ah mad Frankie. We still question the Schwinkendorff transfer from Frankies last stint. 100k for a lower league 6ft 5 German midfielder who couldn't head the ball. Played one game only. SOme rumours about that one.

Yes, I remember the documentary but can't for the life of me remember the name of it.
Declan John on 11:28 - Aug 15 with 2293 viewsLohengrin

Declan John on 11:10 - Aug 15 by bluey_the_blue

Ah mad Frankie. We still question the Schwinkendorff transfer from Frankies last stint. 100k for a lower league 6ft 5 German midfielder who couldn't head the ball. Played one game only. SOme rumours about that one.

Yes, I remember the documentary but can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Got it!

Declan John on 11:31 - Aug 15 with 2287 viewsJacket

Declan John on 08:51 - Aug 15 by bluey_the_blue

Was thinking more of Chesterfield and Barnsley, tbh. He wasn't on loan at Rangers - they signed him, barely played him.

I'd be amazed if Huw saw something special in him, probably more the case was a cheap option for backup. If he goes on to do well for you, then good on him and you - still think you're capable of attracting better.

Why would you focus on the 26 appearances at Rangers in 17/18 when you can focus on the 9 appearances for Barnsley in 14/15 and his 6 appearances for Chesterfield in 15/16. The ones in the distant past are clearly more relevant than the season before last!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024