Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
High Street has been named one of the best... 09:34 - Aug 14 with 2838 viewsGammon

Over at Wales Online they reckon High Street has been rebranded and named one of the best in Swansea.

They’re smoking something in the WOL offices and I want some of it.
High Street has been named one of the best... on 11:49 - Aug 14 with 2449 viewsbuilthjack

Amazing

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

High Street has been named one of the best... on 12:40 - Aug 14 with 2386 viewsVincent_Vega

Taking the p1ss Shirley

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

High Street has been named one of the best... on 13:24 - Aug 14 with 2341 viewsmajorraglan

This is crackers and more evidence how out of touch Walesonline is. Imagine your not from Swansea and you happen to visit the City after reading this article, whag the hell are they going to think. Mental.
High Street has been named one of the best... on 14:37 - Aug 14 with 2287 viewsGammon

High Street has been named one of the best... on 13:24 - Aug 14 by majorraglan

This is crackers and more evidence how out of touch Walesonline is. Imagine your not from Swansea and you happen to visit the City after reading this article, whag the hell are they going to think. Mental.

My cousin visited for the first time last month, he's from Reading. First thing he saw was High St when he stepped off the train.

He thought it was a sh1thole. Got asked for a cigarette outside the train station and then saw a woman shitting herself near the new Evening Post offices.
High Street has been named one of the best... on 17:21 - Aug 14 with 2188 viewsEbo

I had to use the Park and Ride today which went up high street. I saw someone being sick, a dog taking a shit outside the train station and a junkie type pissing in broad daylight. World class mun.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

High Street has been named one of the best... on 17:52 - Aug 14 with 2153 viewsJackfath

High Street has been named one of the best... on 17:21 - Aug 14 by Ebo

I had to use the Park and Ride today which went up high street. I saw someone being sick, a dog taking a shit outside the train station and a junkie type pissing in broad daylight. World class mun.

Characters, mun!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

High Street has been named one of the best... on 18:51 - Aug 14 with 2104 viewsFlashberryjack

High Street has been named one of the best... on 17:21 - Aug 14 by Ebo

In my defence, my old dog has had a bad dose of the runs all week, and I ate a dodgy pie at the Liberty last night and my guts hasn't been right all day, I admit to not being the best dressed guy in Swansea, but I ain't no junkie mun.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

High Street has been named one of the best... on 20:12 - Aug 14 with 2042 viewscontroversial_jack

It has to be the most run down street in wales if not the UK
Login to get fewer ads

High Street has been named one of the best... on 20:17 - Aug 14 with 2031 viewsdickythorpe

High Street has been named one of the best... on 20:12 - Aug 14 by controversial_jack

It has to be the most run down street in wales if not the UK

But by Christ it's better than it was!!! All this knocking of Swansea!!!
High Street has been named one of the best... on 20:40 - Aug 14 with 1998 viewsGowerjack

High Street has been named one of the best... on 20:17 - Aug 14 by dickythorpe

The City Centre Is a shîthole.

Let's not pretend any different Dicky...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

High Street has been named one of the best... on 21:22 - Aug 14 with 1959 viewsdickythorpe

High Street has been named one of the best... on 20:40 - Aug 14 by Gowerjack

The City Centre Is a shîthole.

Let's not pretend any different Dicky...

But by Christ it's better than it was.
High Street has been named one of the best... on 22:21 - Aug 14 with 1892 viewsGowerjack

High Street has been named one of the best... on 21:22 - Aug 14 by dickythorpe

But by Christ it's better than it was.

Which bit mate?

Plastic since 1974

High Street has been named one of the best... on 09:35 - Aug 15 with 1753 viewsdickythorpe

High Street has been named one of the best... on 22:21 - Aug 14 by Gowerjack

Which bit mate?

Open your eyes. Just remember what it was like 10-20 years ago and compare it to now.
High Street has been named one of the best... on 09:54 - Aug 15 with 1744 viewsVincent_Vega

High Street has been named one of the best... on 09:35 - Aug 15 by dickythorpe

Open your eyes. Just remember what it was like 10-20 years ago and compare it to now.

To be fair 20 years ago it was like downtown Damascus compared to now. Long way to go but the problems are the same in every city outside the big smoke. Out of town developments killing the city centre. You want to see destitute, go to Llanelli town centre.

I went to Bournemouth recently and granted its the English Riviera but the town was bouncing. Beautiful Gardens connected to a lovely promenade. Beach was littered with bottles and fag buts which is a shame but there was plenty to do. Hell it even had an outdoor aviary full of exotic birds in one of the parks. It can be done.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

High Street has been named one of the best... on 09:57 - Aug 15 with 1739 viewsdickythorpe

People talk about when you come out of the train station, well remember that eye sore of a nightclub? It's been a tidy hotel with decent bar for over 10 years now.....but let's keep running the place down.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 9:57]
High Street has been named one of the best... on 10:28 - Aug 15 with 1711 viewsCooperman

pErCh was unavailable for comment.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

High Street has been named one of the best... on 10:58 - Aug 15 with 1695 viewscontroversial_jack

High street was better 20 years ago than it is now
High Street has been named one of the best... on 14:02 - Aug 15 with 1596 viewsjack_lord

I absolutely agree. It is steadily improving as the work moves up High street. With the two new student buildings constructed and other investment it is going to only improve further. Congratulations and lets hope the WA do not spoil it by putting the parkway concept into fruition and killing high street station.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

High Street has been named one of the best... on 17:17 - Aug 15 with 1529 viewsGowerjack

High Street has been named one of the best... on 09:35 - Aug 15 by dickythorpe

Bits that were better between 10 & 20 years ago.

The Kingsway
Castle Gardens
Orchard Street
Princess Way
Oxford St
HIgh Street
The Market
The area that used to be the St David's Centre
St Helens Rd
Mansel Street
Walters Rd
The Guildhall
The Slip Bridge
Bryn Y Mor Rd
Singleton Park
Brynmill Park
Victoria Park

Bits that have improved in the last 10 -20 years

Mumbles
The Uplands
SA1
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 17:25]

Plastic since 1974

High Street has been named one of the best... on 17:21 - Aug 15 with 1526 viewsGowerjack

High Street has been named one of the best... on 09:57 - Aug 15 by dickythorpe

People talk about when you come out of the train station, well remember that eye sore of a nightclub? It's been a tidy hotel with decent bar for over 10 years now.....but let's keep running the place down.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 9:57]

Don't turn right though Dicky

Full of drug users and sex workers

Plastic since 1974

High Street has been named one of the best... on 18:20 - Aug 15 with 1498 viewsjackharris

Exactly Dick! A lot of investment is going and has gone into improving the High Street. There are still some questionable characters, especially to the upper end past the Station. There is a lot of change in and around the High Street.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

High Street has been named one of the best... on 20:07 - Aug 15 with 1428 viewsJackSomething

High Street has been named one of the best... on 17:17 - Aug 15 by Gowerjack

Bits that were better between 10 & 20 years ago.

The Kingsway
Castle Gardens
Orchard Street
Princess Way
Oxford St
HIgh Street
The Market
The area that used to be the St David's Centre
St Helens Rd
Mansel Street
Walters Rd
The Guildhall
The Slip Bridge
Bryn Y Mor Rd
Singleton Park
Brynmill Park
Victoria Park

Bits that have improved in the last 10 -20 years

Mumbles
The Uplands
SA1
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 17:25]

The Kingsway has been an eyesore for the whole time. At least the eyesore Odeon building is now gone and there 's a modern apartment block going up opposite.

Castle Gardens looks better as is than when it was actually a 'garden' and was pretty much a no-go area.

High Street has had significant investment and looks far better than it did in the past.

The Market has also had investment and looks better than it did.

The Guildhall has had major investment and looks better inside and out.

See a pattern here? If you mean the shopping options were better in some of those areas 10-20 years ago then fair enough, but that has more to do with the changing nature of retail than Swansea City Centre.

If you took someone who had never been to Swansea, put them in a time machine and walked them round the city centre anytime between 10-20 years ago and then did the same today, I'm confident no-one would claim it used to be better than it is now. Too many Perch's on this site.

There's still lots of work to be done, but it's definitely improving.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

High Street has been named one of the best... on 22:00 - Aug 15 with 1375 viewsDr_Winston

High Street is bad but there are plenty worse places. I'd suggest people visit Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester or Tredegar on a Sunday afternoon before deciding where the worst place in the world is, and I say that as someone who spends most of the week down there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

High Street has been named one of the best... on 22:17 - Aug 15 with 1360 viewscontroversial_jack

High Street has been named one of the best... on 22:00 - Aug 15 by Dr_Winston

High Street is bad but there are plenty worse places. I'd suggest people visit Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester or Tredegar on a Sunday afternoon before deciding where the worst place in the world is, and I say that as someone who spends most of the week down there.

Piccadilly Gardens is ok, but you have a point about Tredegar. Neath is becoming a shithole too.
High Street has been named one of the best... on 15:57 - Sep 4 with 1091 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024