Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New twist in the Sala plane crash 14:32 - Aug 14 with 53167 viewsThrasher6

Emiliano Sala 'exposed to carbon monoxide in plane crash'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49345186

Footballer Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash over the English Channel, had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, a report has revealed.

Sala and pilot David Ibbotson crashed on 21 January when travelling to Cardiff from the French city of Nantes.

Toxicology tests on Sala's body showed CO levels in his blood were so great it could have caused a seizure, unconsciousness or a heart attack.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

But it is likely he would also have been exposed to carbon monoxide, the Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) report said.

Geraint Herbert, head of air accidents for the AAIB, said it is believed both men were exposed to the gas before the plane crashed.

"Symptoms at low exposure levels [to carbon monoxide] can be drowsiness and dizziness, but as the exposure level increases it can lead to unconsciousness and death," he added.

"The investigation continues to look into a wide range of areas in relation to this accident, but in particular we are looking at the potential ways in which carbon monoxide can enter the cabin in this type of aircraft."
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:33]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:35 - Aug 14 with 9929 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tends to lend itself to the theory the plane was unfit for purpose?

I hope that he died from the carbon monoxide, without suffering.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:55 - Aug 14 with 9852 viewsHighjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:35 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

Tends to lend itself to the theory the plane was unfit for purpose?

I hope that he died from the carbon monoxide, without suffering.

And spoils the popular theory that it was a bad pilot.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:06 - Aug 14 with 9804 viewsexhmrc1

It now looks that it wasn't pilot error like you have been claiming and certainly doesnt look like Mckay or Nantes have done anything wrong. They hired a plane expecting it to be air worthy and it appears the plane owners havent ensured that. If this is proved accurate then the issue is between Cardiff and the plane owners and payment should never have been withheld. It is now time for Fifa to act and take action against you lot.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:29 - Aug 14 with 9747 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:55 - Aug 14 by Highjack

We know he wasn't licensed to fly at night.

This doesn't absolve the pilot.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:30 - Aug 14 with 9741 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:06 - Aug 14 by exhmrc1

It now looks that it wasn't pilot error like you have been claiming and certainly doesnt look like Mckay or Nantes have done anything wrong. They hired a plane expecting it to be air worthy and it appears the plane owners havent ensured that. If this is proved accurate then the issue is between Cardiff and the plane owners and payment should never have been withheld. It is now time for Fifa to act and take action against you lot.

Outstanding. Wrong on every claim.

You do realise the plane has zero to do with the payment dispute?
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:35 - Aug 14 with 9704 viewsDarran

Blueys best mate has got a friend who’s aunties brother knows a bloke that’s an expert in Toxicology.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:40 - Aug 14 with 9706 viewssainthelens

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:30 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

Outstanding. Wrong on every claim.

You do realise the plane has zero to do with the payment dispute?

FFS just pay up, the club is constantly finding every corner to hide in. And seeing as you were lauding him as ' One of us ' a payment of sorts to look after his family would be a massive publicity stunt for you lot.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:42 - Aug 14 with 9700 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:40 - Aug 14 by sainthelens

FFS just pay up, the club is constantly finding every corner to hide in. And seeing as you were lauding him as ' One of us ' a payment of sorts to look after his family would be a massive publicity stunt for you lot.

So you're urging a payment purely for PR purposes? If we did that, you'd criticise us for doing that.

Todays news changes nothing. There' an excellent article in The Athletic on Sala btw since you care.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 18:23]
Login to get fewer ads

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:46 - Aug 14 with 9677 viewssainthelens

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:42 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

So you're urging a payment purely for PR purposes? If we did that, you'd criticise us for doing that.

Todays news changes nothing. There' an excellent article in The Athletic on Sala btw since you care.

So when Colin went to the funeral, was that a PR stunt? Just for the record, I don't care, in fact I couldn't give 2 fcks what you lot do. It's the guys poor family I feel for.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:48 - Aug 14 with 9671 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:46 - Aug 14 by sainthelens

So when Colin went to the funeral, was that a PR stunt? Just for the record, I don't care, in fact I couldn't give 2 fcks what you lot do. It's the guys poor family I feel for.

Of course it wasn't a PR stunt when Neil went to the funeral.

You care enough to comment...

I too feel sorry for the family. They've been lied to by a number of people.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:49 - Aug 14 with 9659 viewssainthelens

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:48 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

Of course it wasn't a PR stunt when Neil went to the funeral.

You care enough to comment...

I too feel sorry for the family. They've been lied to by a number of people.

And there endeth the conversation.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:51 - Aug 14 with 9656 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:49 - Aug 14 by sainthelens

And there endeth the conversation.

Indeed, with you accepting the club haven't lied to the family.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:55 - Aug 14 with 9638 viewscontroversial_jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:55 - Aug 14 by Highjack

Good point!
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:57 - Aug 14 with 9632 viewscontroversial_jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:40 - Aug 14 by sainthelens

They gave our club abuse when it defaulted on the £60k to local businesses.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:05 - Aug 14 with 9593 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:55 - Aug 14 by controversial_jack

Good point!

It doesn't though.

1) We know Sala's body contained carbon monoxide. We obviously don't have the pilots body to check. Could be the monoxide was absorbed late on.

2) Sala told a friend via social media he was scared... plane falling apart on the way back to France. Pilot's responsibility to perform pre flight checks.

3) Pilot was not licensed to fly at night, some of his actions being completely consistent with panicing at night especially given bad weather conditions.

4) Pilot wanted to reduce altitude. He was not licensed to fly by instruments alone, which he would have been doing in cloud cover - partly due to being colour blind.

5) Pilot had no commercial flying licence; this was an illegal commerical flight, as McKay inadvertantly confirmed when he revealed he fully paid for it.

6) Pilots make the decision to lift off. Ibbotson knew that in those conditions, there was no way he should be taking off, especially in that weather, specially when it took several attempts to lift off.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:09 - Aug 14 with 9582 viewsVincent_Vega

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:57 - Aug 14 by controversial_jack

They gave our club abuse when it defaulted on the £60k to local businesses.

Didn't they strike a dodgy deal to wipe off Millions of pounds of debt with Langston, and they have they cheek to have a go at us for 60k!

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:11 - Aug 14 with 9568 viewsNeathJack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:05 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

It doesn't though.

1) We know Sala's body contained carbon monoxide. We obviously don't have the pilots body to check. Could be the monoxide was absorbed late on.

2) Sala told a friend via social media he was scared... plane falling apart on the way back to France. Pilot's responsibility to perform pre flight checks.

3) Pilot was not licensed to fly at night, some of his actions being completely consistent with panicing at night especially given bad weather conditions.

4) Pilot wanted to reduce altitude. He was not licensed to fly by instruments alone, which he would have been doing in cloud cover - partly due to being colour blind.

5) Pilot had no commercial flying licence; this was an illegal commerical flight, as McKay inadvertantly confirmed when he revealed he fully paid for it.

6) Pilots make the decision to lift off. Ibbotson knew that in those conditions, there was no way he should be taking off, especially in that weather, specially when it took several attempts to lift off.

7) Cardiff are trying to get out of paying for him as they hadn't bothered to insure him by the time he died. Fin.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:12 - Aug 14 with 9565 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:09 - Aug 14 by Vincent_Vega

Didn't they strike a dodgy deal to wipe off Millions of pounds of debt with Langston, and they have they cheek to have a go at us for 60k!

Care to reveal the details of said dodgy deal?
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:12 - Aug 14 with 9565 viewsVincent_Vega

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:05 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

It doesn't though.

Very good however I'll keep it simple,

He was a Cardiff City player so pay up!

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:13 - Aug 14 with 9557 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:12 - Aug 14 by Vincent_Vega

Sadly, that's not technically true if the evidence provided by the club is correct.

I recommend reading the Athletic article, pretty excellent imo.

I don't get why FIFA are dragging their heels on this tbh.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:15 - Aug 14 with 9551 viewsVincent_Vega

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:12 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

Care to reveal the details of said dodgy deal?

To be honest I don't remember, I just remember at the time you lot were being dragged through the courts by your last saviour Hamman.

Cardiff cut a deal to wipe off millions owed. like what we did to wipe off 60K but like I said you lot have the brass neck to have a go at us for financial unfairness.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:15 - Aug 14 with 9548 viewsVincent_Vega

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:13 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

Sadly, that's not technically true if the evidence provided by the club is correct.

I recommend reading the Athletic article, pretty excellent imo.

I don't get why FIFA are dragging their heels on this tbh.

Big word that. IF

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:18 - Aug 14 with 9534 viewspencoedjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:12 - Aug 14 by Vincent_Vega

This ^

Craved peoples sympathy asking for a minutes silences was observed at every football ground (they had it 3 times) but now claiming he wasn't their player.

Also asked for the transfer window to be extended due to the circumstances surrounding their club.

Once a Bluebird always a bluebird until they had to pay.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:34 - Aug 14 with 9466 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:18 - Aug 14 by pencoedjack

This ^

Craved peoples sympathy asking for a minutes silences was observed at every football ground (they had it 3 times) but now claiming he wasn't their player.

Also asked for the transfer window to be extended due to the circumstances surrounding their club.

Once a Bluebird always a bluebird until they had to pay.

1) We didn't ask for a minutes silence observed at every ground. Please provide evidence backing that claim.

2) Indeed we did. I'm sure many other clubs would have also made the request.

3) Let FIFA decide based upon the actual evidence.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:38 - Aug 14 with 9445 viewsSwanjaxs

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:34 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

1) We didn't ask for a minutes silence observed at every ground. Please provide evidence backing that claim.

2) Indeed we did. I'm sure many other clubs would have also made the request.

3) Let FIFA decide based upon the actual evidence.

And FIFA will decide, and your team will not come out of this sorry affair looking too good mark my words...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024