Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New twist in the Sala plane crash 14:32 - Aug 14 with 53851 viewsThrasher6

Emiliano Sala 'exposed to carbon monoxide in plane crash'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49345186

Footballer Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash over the English Channel, had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, a report has revealed.

Sala and pilot David Ibbotson crashed on 21 January when travelling to Cardiff from the French city of Nantes.

Toxicology tests on Sala's body showed CO levels in his blood were so great it could have caused a seizure, unconsciousness or a heart attack.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

But it is likely he would also have been exposed to carbon monoxide, the Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) report said.

Geraint Herbert, head of air accidents for the AAIB, said it is believed both men were exposed to the gas before the plane crashed.

"Symptoms at low exposure levels [to carbon monoxide] can be drowsiness and dizziness, but as the exposure level increases it can lead to unconsciousness and death," he added.

"The investigation continues to look into a wide range of areas in relation to this accident, but in particular we are looking at the potential ways in which carbon monoxide can enter the cabin in this type of aircraft."
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:33]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 07:49 - Oct 1 with 1997 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 07:10 - Oct 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I thought they only had one parachute payment after spending only one year (the usual) in the PL?
Another poster got it right - their non spend this summer shows they were budgeting for this anyway......

Which kind of makes this worse. From the outside it looks very much like Vincent and co , although agreeing and signing the transfer deal (as FIFA are intimating after Bluey swore the blind opposite) - simply couldn’t understand they had to still pay even though he was dead.

I didn't "swear the blind opposite".

I pointed out what, based upon the limited facts out there, I believed the club argument would be. I also pointed out it was for FIFA to determine. I would like to see the reasoning behind the decision though.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 08:00 - Oct 1 with 1967 viewswobbly

I don't think references to parachute payments are appropriate in this thread.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:17 - Oct 1 with 1825 viewsTimTtam

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 07:10 - Oct 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I thought they only had one parachute payment after spending only one year (the usual) in the PL?
Another poster got it right - their non spend this summer shows they were budgeting for this anyway......

Which kind of makes this worse. From the outside it looks very much like Vincent and co , although agreeing and signing the transfer deal (as FIFA are intimating after Bluey swore the blind opposite) - simply couldn’t understand they had to still pay even though he was dead.

PL teams that stay up, and then get relegated get payments of roughly 40M, 35M, and 15M across 3 seasons. If they fail to stay up (like CCFC) then they get roughly 40M and 35M across 2 seasons.

So they will get roughly 35M next season. Which makes it even more pathetic that they wont pay up.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:20 - Oct 1 with 1810 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 07:49 - Oct 1 by bluey_the_blue

I didn't "swear the blind opposite".

I pointed out what, based upon the limited facts out there, I believed the club argument would be. I also pointed out it was for FIFA to determine. I would like to see the reasoning behind the decision though.

From what’s been put out there it seems that FIFA have examined all the evidence and it points to the transfer being completed. There’s nothing else to say is there.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:42 - Oct 1 with 1781 viewsTimTtam

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:20 - Oct 1 by Brynmill_Jack

From what’s been put out there it seems that FIFA have examined all the evidence and it points to the transfer being completed. There’s nothing else to say is there.

He's in denial. Anything you say right now (the truth) will go through one hole and out the other.

My name is Matt

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:43 - Oct 1 with 1783 viewsAlfieMooresSon

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:22 - Sep 30 by NeathJack

If they appeal, so much for Cardiff abiding by FIFA's decision.

Football is big business, they will take legal advice on the chances of winning an appeal, or taking it further in the courts if they have any chance they will appeal, you can be sure of that.

I would imagine the advice would try one appeal and leave it at that and abide by the next decision, and I think they will be told to pay up again.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:48 - Oct 1 with 1761 viewsexhmrc1

Limited evidence?
The transfer had been accepted by the FAW. They wouldnt have accepted it if it wasn't signed by all 3 parties.
Cardiff city openly described and presented Sala as their player.
Sala was on his way to Cardiff. Why would Nantes have allowed that if there wasn't a transfer in place.ump
Bluey accepted his club's propoganda and came on here spreading it whilst trying to castigate others who pointed out the reality.
The only reason the premier league rejected it was the contract broke their rules by having the signing on payment in 1 lump sum rather than over the period of the contract. This was sent back to Cardiff on the Friday but not actioned at the time of the accident on Monday. Whose fault was that and they tried to use this as the reason not to make this payment but again there was a contract signed and in place for the Premier league to reject.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:50 - Oct 1 with 1769 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:42 - Oct 1 by TimTtam

He's in denial. Anything you say right now (the truth) will go through one hole and out the other.

I'm not in denial. I'm happy to abide by whatever ruling... but, without seeing the full rationale, may be grounds to appeal if decision flawed. Which, you'd agree, is justice.
Login to get fewer ads

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:01 - Oct 1 with 1750 viewsUxbridge

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:50 - Oct 1 by bluey_the_blue

I'm not in denial. I'm happy to abide by whatever ruling... but, without seeing the full rationale, may be grounds to appeal if decision flawed. Which, you'd agree, is justice.

I'm not sure what you're expecting in terms of full rationale. The case and question is a simple one, was the contract finalised before his and the pilot's unfortunate demise.

FIFA have obviously concluded it was. Now there's nothing wrong in principle with appealing that decision and I fully expect they will, but let's be honest it's going be done for pure economic reasons and it's going to further denigrate the reputation of CCFC.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:05 - Oct 1 with 1741 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:01 - Oct 1 by Uxbridge

I'm not sure what you're expecting in terms of full rationale. The case and question is a simple one, was the contract finalised before his and the pilot's unfortunate demise.

FIFA have obviously concluded it was. Now there's nothing wrong in principle with appealing that decision and I fully expect they will, but let's be honest it's going be done for pure economic reasons and it's going to further denigrate the reputation of CCFC.

By full rationale, I mean "contract was finalised because Nantes did X, Y and Z as per contractual terms" for example.

Not sure an appeal will be made, but if there are compelling reasons for an appeal, then it should be made.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:09 - Oct 1 with 1738 viewssainthelens

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:50 - Oct 1 by bluey_the_blue

In what universe could it be possibly flawed? Time to give it up. It's the first installment, the rest will follow. Delusion follows you and that excuse of a club around.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:14 - Oct 1 with 1727 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:09 - Oct 1 by sainthelens

In what universe could it be possibly flawed? Time to give it up. It's the first installment, the rest will follow. Delusion follows you and that excuse of a club around.

If no decision was ever flawed, there would be no need for any appeal process.

Again, hardly deluded. I've said I don't expect an appeal, so why you're ignoring that, god knows.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:14 - Oct 1 with 1725 viewsTimTtam

Forget the legal crap. How can anyone deny that Sala was not a Cardiff player?

My name is Matt

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:23 - Oct 1 with 1711 viewssainthelens

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:14 - Oct 1 by bluey_the_blue

If no decision was ever flawed, there would be no need for any appeal process.

Again, hardly deluded. I've said I don't expect an appeal, so why you're ignoring that, god knows.

Agree that appeal processes are a necessity. But this case is and has always been cut n dried. You will appeal, cos its sums up what the club is.....deluded .
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:25 - Oct 1 with 1706 viewsUxbridge

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:05 - Oct 1 by bluey_the_blue

By full rationale, I mean "contract was finalised because Nantes did X, Y and Z as per contractual terms" for example.

Not sure an appeal will be made, but if there are compelling reasons for an appeal, then it should be made.

Ah, a desperate search for a technicality to get out of it. Gotcha.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:32 - Oct 1 with 1698 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:25 - Oct 1 by Uxbridge

Ah, a desperate search for a technicality to get out of it. Gotcha.

It wouldn't be a technicality. Contract terms are contract terms; if not met the argument then becomes if a minor breach with no real consequences or major breaches, which would be a legal interpretation.

As I said, I don't expect an appeal.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:48 - Oct 1 with 1660 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:14 - Oct 1 by TimTtam

Forget the legal crap. How can anyone deny that Sala was not a Cardiff player?

Utter utter w*nkers. Liars too

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:03 - Oct 1 with 1643 viewsSwanjaxs

The best outcome for Cardiff now is to pay up, their reputation has hit rock bottom.
Any appeal will just be dragging things out and again it won't end well for them.

Time for them to put this sorry affair to bed once and for all.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:47 - Oct 1 with 1556 viewsAlfieMooresSon

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:03 - Oct 1 by Swanjaxs

The best outcome for Cardiff now is to pay up, their reputation has hit rock bottom.
Any appeal will just be dragging things out and again it won't end well for them.

Time for them to put this sorry affair to bed once and for all.

They won't care about that and nor will anybody else if there is a way out of paying a big bill due to irregularities with the contract they won't pay.

Almost every business in the land would do the same.

I think they will lose an appeal and have to pay up eventually, could be a while yet those unless penalties are applied for not paying?
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:58 - Oct 1 with 1533 viewsBadlands

An appeal must be pending from Nantes.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:59 - Oct 1 with 1531 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:58 - Oct 1 by Badlands

Errm, on what grounds?
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 13:30 - Oct 1 with 1468 viewsJoe_bradshaw

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:58 - Oct 1 by Badlands

Why would they appeal a case where they got the perfect outcome?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:13 - Oct 1 with 1376 viewsTimTtam

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:47 - Oct 1 by AlfieMooresSon

They won't care about that and nor will anybody else if there is a way out of paying a big bill due to irregularities with the contract they won't pay.

Almost every business in the land would do the same.

I think they will lose an appeal and have to pay up eventually, could be a while yet those unless penalties are applied for not paying?

In reality CCFC is a business/company, and these days corporate social responsibility is big when it comes to companies. Essentially, the way a company operates and it perceived by the public and its stakeholders. Certainly the public are not happy with the way CCFC have behaved, and I doubt their sponsors (excluding Visit Malaysia) will be thrilled either.

No overseas club will want to deal with Cardiff for quite a while, I would suspect. Even domestic clubs will be put off after this debacle.

My name is Matt

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:02 - Oct 1 with 1308 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:13 - Oct 1 by TimTtam

In reality CCFC is a business/company, and these days corporate social responsibility is big when it comes to companies. Essentially, the way a company operates and it perceived by the public and its stakeholders. Certainly the public are not happy with the way CCFC have behaved, and I doubt their sponsors (excluding Visit Malaysia) will be thrilled either.

No overseas club will want to deal with Cardiff for quite a while, I would suspect. Even domestic clubs will be put off after this debacle.

Good grief, do you believe that humbug?

Football is unlike other businesses for one thing.

Our attendances dropped because of this? GTFO. Sponsors? Again GTFO.

No overseas club with want to deal with us? Phew, just as well Glatzel and Bolger came through our academy, eh? Domestic clubs? Utterly agree, we've no chance of signing
Day, Nelson, Vaulks, Flint, Whyte, Pack or Vassell...
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:16 - Oct 1 with 1293 viewsTimTtam

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:02 - Oct 1 by bluey_the_blue

Good grief, do you believe that humbug?

Football is unlike other businesses for one thing.

Our attendances dropped because of this? GTFO. Sponsors? Again GTFO.

No overseas club with want to deal with us? Phew, just as well Glatzel and Bolger came through our academy, eh? Domestic clubs? Utterly agree, we've no chance of signing
Day, Nelson, Vaulks, Flint, Whyte, Pack or Vassell...

And how are your superstar offseason recruits going?

It's not like clubs aren't going to go to CCFC full stop. But they wouldn't be a first preference. This debacle hurts the brand of CCFC.

Why do Bournemouth acquire such good young talent every offseason? Because it's an attractive destination. Small club who rose up from L2, who have a good reputation for development, and continue to defy the odds. And their state of the art training facilities are on the way. It's an attractive proposition. Even look at Burnley. They spend next to nothing, but managed to finish 7th a few seasons ago and play in Europe. They also defy the odds, and operate the right way.

The point is, what will Cardiff be best known for? People will remember this. They will also remember PL failure, Warnock, and unattractive football. Why do Cardiff sign so few players on loan?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 16:17]

My name is Matt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024