Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New twist in the Sala plane crash 14:32 - Aug 14 with 53757 viewsThrasher6

Emiliano Sala 'exposed to carbon monoxide in plane crash'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49345186

Footballer Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash over the English Channel, had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, a report has revealed.

Sala and pilot David Ibbotson crashed on 21 January when travelling to Cardiff from the French city of Nantes.

Toxicology tests on Sala's body showed CO levels in his blood were so great it could have caused a seizure, unconsciousness or a heart attack.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

But it is likely he would also have been exposed to carbon monoxide, the Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) report said.

Geraint Herbert, head of air accidents for the AAIB, said it is believed both men were exposed to the gas before the plane crashed.

"Symptoms at low exposure levels [to carbon monoxide] can be drowsiness and dizziness, but as the exposure level increases it can lead to unconsciousness and death," he added.

"The investigation continues to look into a wide range of areas in relation to this accident, but in particular we are looking at the potential ways in which carbon monoxide can enter the cabin in this type of aircraft."
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:33]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:08 - Nov 4 with 2615 viewsChief

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:56 - Nov 4 by bluey_the_blue

Try reading the Times interview with Bellamy, then comment.

For someone alleged to be a bully, by a journeyman player father of a kid rejected by West Ham, us and Forest Green Rovers, the u18s were playing for him. Interesting that father ran to Daily Mail within a week or two of Bellamy blasting media for hyping racism against Stirling...

Which all kinda craps on the claims.

Try listening to Scott Coughlin (ex Cardiff youth and now Llanelli goalkeeper) on the AIC podcast, then comment.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:09 - Nov 4 with 2614 viewsbuilthjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:45 - Nov 4 by sainthelens

Relegated, lost the derby , lost to Fifa, lost any modicum of respect from every neutral fan nationwide.....still , at least Colin says their fans are brilliant, not all bad eh.

No club will ever trust them again. So doesn't matter about the transfer embargo.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:26 - Nov 4 with 2581 viewsChief

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:09 - Nov 4 by builthjack

No club will ever trust them again. So doesn't matter about the transfer embargo.

Sadly this won't be the case. Clubs tend to do questionable things for a chance of success or in desperation so if the scum say want to buy a player from Wrexham for example that move will happen. It's the same reason that clubs sign killers like Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:29 - Nov 4 with 2570 viewsJoe_bradshaw

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:26 - Nov 4 by Chief

Sadly this won't be the case. Clubs tend to do questionable things for a chance of success or in desperation so if the scum say want to buy a player from Wrexham for example that move will happen. It's the same reason that clubs sign killers like Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick.

Indeed.

And utter scumbags like Ched Evans.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:31 - Nov 4 with 2567 viewsChief

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:29 - Nov 4 by Joe_bradshaw

Indeed.

And utter scumbags like Ched Evans.

An innocent man in the eyes of the law however.

Shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as those other 2.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:36 - Nov 4 with 2555 viewsJoe_bradshaw

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:31 - Nov 4 by Chief

An innocent man in the eyes of the law however.

Shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as those other 2.

He may be innocent in the eyes of the law but his behaviour that night was that of an utter scumbag.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:38 - Nov 4 with 2549 viewsChief

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:36 - Nov 4 by Joe_bradshaw

He may be innocent in the eyes of the law but his behaviour that night was that of an utter scumbag.

No doubt, but how many footballers do you think are actually faithful to their wives?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:48 - Nov 4 with 2532 viewsJoe_bradshaw

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:38 - Nov 4 by Chief

No doubt, but how many footballers do you think are actually faithful to their wives?

His marital status is not relevant as far as I am concerned. This wasn't just being unfaithful to his partner, it was a disgusting way to treat another human being.

Login to get fewer ads

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:50 - Nov 4 with 2525 viewsChief

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:48 - Nov 4 by Joe_bradshaw

His marital status is not relevant as far as I am concerned. This wasn't just being unfaithful to his partner, it was a disgusting way to treat another human being.

Agreed

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 23:10 - Nov 4 with 2496 viewsLeonWasGod

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:56 - Nov 4 by bluey_the_blue

Try reading the Times interview with Bellamy, then comment.

For someone alleged to be a bully, by a journeyman player father of a kid rejected by West Ham, us and Forest Green Rovers, the u18s were playing for him. Interesting that father ran to Daily Mail within a week or two of Bellamy blasting media for hyping racism against Stirling...

Which all kinda craps on the claims.

I was working on the basis of his published apology being truthful.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 04:28 - Nov 5 with 2409 viewsTimTtam

Maybe their punishment should be to swap league places with Wrexham, and they can be relegated to the National League South

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:06 - Nov 5 with 2278 viewssainthelens

Someone should have a pint with Pembroke Alan, I'm sure he'd put us right.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:27 - Nov 5 with 2268 viewsVincent_Vega

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:06 - Nov 5 by sainthelens

Someone should have a pint with Pembroke Alan, I'm sure he'd put us right.

I cannot take the opinion from someone who thinks Pembrokeshire is 'blue' because he sees a couple of Cardiff shirts in Tenby in the summer seriously.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:12 - Nov 5 with 2163 viewsbuilthjack

Pay up

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:19 - Nov 5 with 2150 viewsJohnw102

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:27 - Nov 5 by Vincent_Vega

I cannot take the opinion from someone who thinks Pembrokeshire is 'blue' because he sees a couple of Cardiff shirts in Tenby in the summer seriously.

Pembrokeshire Jacks have a coach of about 40 supporters for every home game, plus those that travel by car and train. Those of us in far west for 3 o'clock KO leave about 11 and get home 7.30. Support is 100% white down here only blues as you say are holiday makers.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:52 - Nov 5 with 2114 viewstaffpunk

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:19 - Nov 5 by Johnw102

Pembrokeshire Jacks have a coach of about 40 supporters for every home game, plus those that travel by car and train. Those of us in far west for 3 o'clock KO leave about 11 and get home 7.30. Support is 100% white down here only blues as you say are holiday makers.

Well, obviously not 100 %. The two season ticket holders next to to me in the ground are from the Pembroke area, and neither of them are named Alan. I also know a father and son who have travelled since the early 70's from Haverfordwest, the Dad has sadly passed away, but his son still attends most games.
Agree completely with the comments about Sala on this thread, Club should have paid up, most CCFC supporters would agree.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:10 - Nov 5 with 2046 viewsNotLoyal

Last time I traveled by train there must have been 250 Jacks on the train from Pembrokeshire, nobody could get on in Whitland, carmarthen or Llanelli. All those stations were rammed with swans fans.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:25 - Nov 5 with 2017 viewsChief

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:10 - Nov 5 by NotLoyal

Last time I traveled by train there must have been 250 Jacks on the train from Pembrokeshire, nobody could get on in Whitland, carmarthen or Llanelli. All those stations were rammed with swans fans.

I'm all for trying to big up support but I'm sorry, when was this journey!?

Or are you parodying Cardiff fans? I've been getting the train for most home games from West of Swansea for over 10 years and the only times it's been full to point that people can't get on is when Wales play in the 6 nations. There's always a few West Wales swans on but 250!? Come on!

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 06:07 - Nov 6 with 1911 viewsNotLoyal

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:25 - Nov 5 by Chief

I'm all for trying to big up support but I'm sorry, when was this journey!?

Or are you parodying Cardiff fans? I've been getting the train for most home games from West of Swansea for over 10 years and the only times it's been full to point that people can't get on is when Wales play in the 6 nations. There's always a few West Wales swans on but 250!? Come on!

I would say the first time was late 80's I was young, and several times since then Inc WBA home in the play offs early 90s.
Do you travel to games on a Wednesday morning? And as for a few swans fans, jeez wake up.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 6:08]

OK I've changed it.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 08:23 - Nov 6 with 1858 viewsVincent_Vega

I used to work down Pembroke way in a former life and saying Pembrokeshire is blue due to holiday makers? Like saying it's Wolverhampton or Stoke because I saw plenty of their shirts during the summer months around Tenby too.

As proven many a time they live in their own little reality.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 13:53 - Nov 6 with 1701 viewsChief

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 06:07 - Nov 6 by NotLoyal

I would say the first time was late 80's I was young, and several times since then Inc WBA home in the play offs early 90s.
Do you travel to games on a Wednesday morning? And as for a few swans fans, jeez wake up.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 6:08]

Well seeing as we barely play on Wednesdays no I haven't been on many trains on a Wednesday morning to watch the Swans much, let alone nearly 30 years ago.

Cool story though.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 13:57 - Nov 6 with 1691 viewsbuilthjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 13:53 - Nov 6 by Chief

Well seeing as we barely play on Wednesdays no I haven't been on many trains on a Wednesday morning to watch the Swans much, let alone nearly 30 years ago.

Cool story though.

There are usually about 20-30 on the train from Llandrindod/Builth road/Llanwrtyd who go to games. Loads of cars otherwise.
Mainly Swans up here. Got the odd Cardiff fan. Very odd they are.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:04 - Nov 6 with 1682 viewsChief

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 13:57 - Nov 6 by builthjack

There are usually about 20-30 on the train from Llandrindod/Builth road/Llanwrtyd who go to games. Loads of cars otherwise.

Yes I've also travelled on the HoW to games also there is only 1 realistic service that make kick off unfortunately.

Usually a 2 small carriage cattle truck but a decent amount of Swans on there usually.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:39 - Nov 6 with 1616 viewsNotLoyal

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 13:53 - Nov 6 by Chief

Cool story though.

You should
1. Try being older
2. Stop following a club when it's successful.
3. Open your eyes a bit, stop being so negative and understand you don't know everything.

You will be telling me next 80 swans fans didn't travel from Gloucester in the 90's.

Any views on anything else, cool story dude...

OK I've changed it.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 17:40 - Nov 6 with 1554 viewstaffpunk

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 13:57 - Nov 6 by builthjack

If they're from Llanwrtyd I'm delighted they're Jacks. It's certainly the strangest place myself and Mrs TP have ever stayed, full of odd-bods. No we're not here for the tractor pull, and the Pub with the Jack flag on the wall, lots of very unusual 'characters' in there.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024